i have a question regarding playing as a co-op mission

is there any way of calling the modules on each player or not ?

and has anyone got any tips on getting some of the stuff working for a co-op mission ? 

something like a clue

but be aware as  variables are "local", there will be desynchronization about a lot of things between each player.

you'll have plenty of bugs

• Like 2

Hey guys. First off i would like to thank Haleks for creating a great mod. I found this mod 2 days ago and fellin love. Now I have a question. Have any of you guys had an issue with loading saved games? I can load saved games from the Altis mission but when i create my own mission using the modules I cant seem to open saves. I have tried reinstalling cba_A3 and ravage. It doesn't matter what mods I use either. I have read that CBA sometimes has an issue with this so I'm not sure how to fix this. CBA was not helpful with this so I decided to ask you guys. I searched through the forum and have seen others with this same issue but haven't really seen a fix. Any help would be great. Also now when I play I don't see the CBA keybinds under under configure or in map page.

Hi one_eyed_croaker!

Do you have an error message when trying to load a saved game?

The fact that CBA keybind options don't show up makes me think that something may be wrong with your install; could you copy & paste the RPT report (in spoiler tags, they can be quite long!) please?

You can also PM it to me if you prefer.

I have made my way along for a few hours on the base Ravage mod just getting a feel for it. I do have a question. I have found some "dirty" water and also some water purifying tablets. How do I use these items? I read on the opening post that I should double tap the item in the inventory window but nothing happens. Is there a tut' anywhere that might explain how I should use the functions?

Thanks

I have made my way along for a few hours on the base Ravage mod just getting a feel for it. I do have a question. I have found some "dirty" water and also some water purifying tablets. How do I use these items? I read on the opening post that I should double tap the item in the inventory window but nothing happens. Is there a tut' anywhere that might explain how I should use the functions?

Thanks

Double-clicking on the tablets should bring up a small menu on the left side of your screen, from where you can choose wich items you want to purify.

@one_eyed_croaker : I've received your RPT file, but it looks like it's not the right one (Ravage wasn't active).

Could you launch the mod, try to load a save, quit the game? This will create a RPT with infos related to Ravage - I would need this one to figure out what's going on.

Hey Heleks,

About a PM I sent you a while ago on permissions for DSS. Project DSS is going to be continued on for this year, with bigger features and improvements like no other. But again, since it is being continued on, you can only use the mod as an extension now instead of a combination (But you can use my scripts to help build upon something else). I have tested both zombies from DSS and Ravage, and they do not override or affect anything, so it should be good as an extension.

Keep up the good work. But looking forward to seeing Ravage landing on Chernarus Winter.  ;)

Best Regards,

Rawner135 

• Like 2

Hi, Haleks. First of all, sorry for my English, it's not very good. I like your mod very much. It's just what I was looking for. But I can't load my savegame. I tried to save the game from the radio menu, but when I loaded it, nothing happened. I see last picture before save and nothing more. I tried to save the game from the game menu, but it shows menu like I'm dead already. I want very much to play your mod, but I can't with such a problem. Can you help me? 

I can't load my savegame.

Give as much information as you can. Are you using other mods? What version of ArmA 3 are you using? Do you have CBA installed? Can you save and load in other mods? Etc.

Give as much information as you can. Are you using other mods? What version of ArmA 3 are you using? Do you have CBA installed? Can you save and load in other mods? Etc.

Everything is ok now. The problem was in Warfare Thaï mod. I simply switch it off.

• Like 1

hello and thanks haleks and community for this awesome mod . i have but one question. i dont want bandits to hang around with fancy looking guns and i want to override theirs with lees and mp40s. its explained how to add more but not how to change. i tried this code but didnt worked :

waitUntil {!isNil "rvg_gearlist"};
    {
    0 = rvg_mainWeapons set _x;
    }
forEach ["CUP_srifle_LeeEnfield", "arifle_mas_mp40_o"];

any help will be appreciated  :thumbsup:

hello and thanks haleks and community for this awesome mod . i have but one question. i dont want bandits to hang around with fancy looking guns and i want to override theirs with lees and mp40s. its explained how to add more but not how to change. i tried this code but didnt worked :

waitUntil {!isNil "rvg_gearlist"};
    {
    0 = rvg_mainWeapons set _x;
    }
forEach ["CUP_srifle_LeeEnfield", "arifle_mas_mp40_o"];
any help will be appreciated  :thumbsup:

Hi,

To achieve that you'll need to overwrite the default weapons list (rvg_mainWeapons is only used when other supported mods are detected).

I can't test it at the moment but this should do the trick :

rvg_weaponsA3 = ["CUP_srifle_LeeEnfield", "arifle_mas_mp40_o"];
If you want to completely override the weapons table :

{
	_x = ["CUP_srifle_LeeEnfield", "arifle_mas_mp40_o"];
} forEach [rvg_weaponsA3, rvg_weapons, rvg_mainWeapons];
Same goes for "rvg_weapons" : this array is used when addon weapons are present, but those are less common than "rvg_mainWeapons".
  • Like 3

Following on from the post above.....

Can Ravage be configured to spawn Zombies/Bandits wearing only uniforms/gear from one/all of the supported mods.

In other words, disabling the use of vanilla A3 gear entirely. 

Thanks.

depending of how long will be the class names list of the guns you will add with the script above, you will have less chance for the bandits to spawn with vanilla weaponry.

But, Haleks will  confirm if i'm right or wrong, with this system , it seems it is absolutly impossible to completly disabling vanilla weapons.

{
	_x = ["xx_xx", "xx_xx", "xx_xx", "xx_xx", "xx_xx", "xx_xx", "xx_xx", "xx_xx",......., "xx_xx", "xx_xx"];
} forEach [rvg_weaponsA3, rvg_weapons, rvg_mainWeapons];

where xx_xx is the class name of the weapon to add and ......... many class names further  ;)

this will override all RAVAGE types of weapons......

By speaking about another subject: .... really it's a pity that this cannot be "legally" made

@Ravage@Chernarus Plus DayZSA (ported to Arma3 with all ponds workable - original ponds replaced with DBO Ponds for Arma 3-  without major issue and possibility to save the game....)

AG528p.jpg

Da6K0J.jpg

nvKjnL.jpg

Due to BI Licences, DayZ Standalone map porting to ARMA 3 is not allowed for public release......

but it can be done and it is great !!!

so all of this will never be released for public share, but it is worth to know it can be done, especially for  playing RAVAGE (but you'll need to be prepared for a real challenge as Ravage loot will be very rare unless you change the class names of buildings in the loot list

:rolleyes:  B)

• Like 1

By speaking about another subject: .... really it's a pity that this cannot be "legally" made

@Ravage@Chernarus Plus DayZSA (ported to Arma3 with all ponds workable - original ponds replaced with DBO Ponds for Arma 3-  without major issue and possibility to save the game....)

AG528p.jpg

Da6K0J.jpg

nvKjnL.jpg

Due to BI Licences, DayZ Standalone map porting to ARMA 3 is not allowed for public release......

So design your own buildings. A couple of the developers in DayZ Standalone worked on those buildings by themselves, so don't assume some things are impossible  ;). Not only that, I would like to point out as well that I think media showing Chernarus+ on ArmA 3 is not allowed as well (And now that Ravage's label is on it, that could be worse). The DayZ Developers still have their game in Alpha stage (which updates have been delayed because of planning), so perhaps after some years (when it is way past beta) they may provide samples to use in ArmA 3.

In a nutshell, some stuff they have quoted which was 'engine based', appears to be already in the ArmA 3 config viewer.  :P (You may have seen my video on the RII System)

I came across this today. It's a mission called Doctor X and is based on Ravage. The website is Serbian (I think), but there is a section in English near the end. The author has added a storyline where you need to find a doctor who has the cure for the zombie disease. Oh and it's multiplayer. Quite interesting.

This is the link to his site with the download:
http://pnk2.prophpbb.com/topic732.html#p20461

So design your own buildings. A couple of the developers in DayZ Standalone worked on those buildings by themselves, so don't assume some things are impossible  ;). Not only that, I would like to point out as well that I think media showing Chernarus+ on ArmA 3 is not allowed as well (And now that Ravage's label is on it, that could be worse). The DayZ Developers still have their game in Alpha stage (which updates have been delayed because of planning), so perhaps after some years (when it is way past beta) they may provide samples to use in ArmA 3.

In a nutshell, sthere are already enterable building offered as mod for Arma3 and you can add arma 3 buildings too on ported Chernarus map . 

in fact, I already did this a little with ROADS@Chernarus using XCam and some CUP buildings and assets ( but there are lot of errors messages showing )

and about DayZSA/Arma3, there are plenty of media showing the porting of the map....

but you are certainly right, that why I used the "spoiler" (and you should have done it too   ;)   ;)  )

anyway, I guess lot of people here have already figured out how to do :tutorials are easy to find and  the few matter about saving mission and ponds errors are quiet easy to do too, all tools and assets provided by the community of Arma3/Armaholic etc....

I just hope Haleks will going on develloping RAVAGE as it will be a real alternative to DayZ SA with the Arma3 engine and much more "moddable".

my own opinion ....  :)

Can Ravage be configured to spawn Zombies/Bandits wearing only uniforms/gear from one/all of the supported mods.

In other words, disabling the use of vanilla A3 gear entirely. 

But, Haleks will  confirm if i'm right or wrong, with this system , it seems it is absolutly impossible to completly disabling vanilla weapons.

Unfortunate, mainly for the reason of using Ravage modules as a mission making tool for use on other maps, take Takistan as an example, immersion is blown when all the protagonists are dressed in vanilla A3 uniforms, regardless if any of the supported mods are active.  

The uniforms and gears are spawned by the RVG_gear function for every AI spawned.

( remember the script we talked about a few pages ago to override gears, uniforms and weaponry )

This is why, with modules, every AI will have Uniforms and gear from vanilla and/or mods added to Ravage code by Haleks.

If you want to spawn a specific kind of uniforms, you'll need the same script as above with uniforms classmanes to override the RVG_gear list.

You can write those classmanes several times in the list as the choice is random in the function script and more specific uniforms classmanes you add, less are the chances to spawn vanilla ones.

This is the method I used to add winter uniforms on the Chernarus Winter port of my RAVAGE mission .

Hi guys,

@Evil Organ : You can override the gear/uniforms worn by NPCs, just the same way as explained above.
Here are the various arrays that can be expanded upon or replaced : rvg_uniforms_lv1, rvg_uniforms_lv0, rvg_vests, rvg_backpacks, rvg_headGears, rvg_goggles, rvg_items, rvg_uniqueItems, rvg_weaponsA3, rvg_LMGA3, rvg_weapons, rvg_LMG, rvg_mainWeapons and rvg_WeaponItems. The names should be self-explanatory. ;)

However doing the same for zombies via scripting isn't possible, it would have to be done via config changes : zombies use a custom set of animations, wich can be broken by uniforms (they usually point to another model with the default anims config).

I might replace a couple zombie models though, to make them more "universal".

EDIT : ninja'd ^^

However doing the same for zombies via scripting isn't possible, it would have to be done via config changes : zombies use a custom set of animations, wich can be broken by uniforms (they usually point to another model with the default anims config).

I might replace a couple zombie models though, to make them more "universal".

The main point of my post was the attire worn by the zombies in particular, would have been cool to have them dressed to suit a specific map/terrain.

But thanks for the information. 

@rsoftokz, thanks also.