Hi Haleks

I thing shortcut for SVD dragunov from RHS is wrong. In rvg_mainWeapons is   "rhs_weap_svdp_npz_dtk"  but I tried copy gear from Virtual arsenal and there isn´t this shortcut. And definitely in RHS there isn´t any DTK muzzle brake for SVD. How can I fix this?

Yeah that's an old error that slipped in with the last update; don't worry it'll be fixed. ;)

• Like 1

I think perhaps Ravage needs a wiki. This thread is getting near to 100 pages. Often people are coming here with questions that have already been addressed, but reading through over ninety pages isn't fun (and the search functions on this forum aren't great). So it might be helpful to make a wiki that contains everything that we know already.

Would anyone be interested in helping to do that? Oh and... Haleks, do you mind if I make a wiki?

• Like 3

Haleks, do you mind if I make a wiki?

I sure don't; will send you a PM in a bit. ;)

Hello RAVAGE team. First off ... wow this mod looks amazing. I will admit I havent tried it yet but plan on it tonight. It sounds like great progress has been made in the MP enviroment in regards to zombie behavior etc. So am I correct in thinking the current version of the mod is SP only... with MP arriving in a future update ? Seems to be what I am reading unless I missed something. Sorry i tend to be holding a squirming 4month old when reading the forums. lol

I think perhaps Ravage needs a wiki. This thread is getting near to 100 pages. Often people are coming here with questions that have already been addressed, but reading through over ninety pages isn't fun (and the search functions on this forum aren't great). So it might be helpful to make a wiki that contains everything that we know already.

Would anyone be interested in helping to do that? Oh and... Haleks, do you mind if I make a wi

I would be interested in helping with this

• Like 1

So am I correct in thinking the current version of the mod is SP only... with MP arriving in a future update ?

Yes, that's right. Ravage is a single player mod at the moment. It's designed to be a mod framework with support for other maps and mods. But at the moment it's single player only. Haleks and the chaps are testing a multiplayer version right now, but that's not available yet. Ravage is also in quite an early stage of development, but the single player demonstration map on Altis is working and has enough complete features to allow full playthroughs.

• Like 1

Hello RAVAGE team. First off ... wow this mod looks amazing. I will admit I havent tried it yet but plan on it tonight. It sounds like great progress has been made in the MP enviroment in regards to zombie behavior etc. So am I correct in thinking the current version of the mod is SP only... with MP arriving in a future update ? Seems to be what I am reading unless I missed something. Sorry i tend to be holding a squirming 4month old when reading the forums. lol

You are correct sir, the MP version will arrive in a few weeks, probably (there's still a lot of work to do).

I hope you will have fun with the demo mission and the editor until then! ;)

• Like 1

I did that summary of the first 25 pages or so Kodabar. Use any of that u need for the wiki. It's a good idea to do a wiki... feel free to throw in links for templates and template video if u think that will be helpful...

Edit... took forever to find the post

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/183264-ravage-mod/?p=2931088

• Like 4

Thanks Cosmic. I'm currently going back over the whole of this post (that's going to take forever) to pull information to dump into the wiki. I'd forgotten about your summary, so thanks for reminding me. I'm going to nick that and use it as the basis for quite a lot of pages. Cheers!

I'm definitely going to cover templates and editing stuff because it's one of the most asked questions.

• Like 2

Thanks all , that will be great for us finding this mod late in the game. Especially with a 100 pages of discussion, and what looks to be a very robust and rich feature set. Thanks again.

• Like 1

Thanks Cosmic. I'm currently going back over the whole of this post (that's going to take forever) to pull information to dump into the wiki. I'd forgotten about your summary, so thanks for reminding me. I'm going to nick that and use it as the basis for quite a lot of pages. Cheers!

I'm definitely going to cover templates and editing stuff because it's one of the most asked questions.

Here is the template thread link Kodabar.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186530-sp-ravage-vanilla-mission-ported-including-template/

I haven't looked at the ports in awhile. I did try the new namalsk with the original port I did and the new map works fine with it although loot spawn is thin at best with so few buildings.

I spent some time on it yesterday to increase zombie count...

Let me know if I can help with anything else...

I think it would likely be a good idea to package up all the ports and provide in one zip thru an armaholic link...

On another side note... it would likely be helpful to provide class names for buildings we need added... save Haleks the time

• Like 1

Hi Haleks,

I downloaded this and really enjoyed it.  There's some really nice atmosphere in this mission/mod and it sets the scene well.

Good luck with your MP version; I'm sure it will suck up lots of my time  xD

• Like 2

Haleks i was wondering if you might consider(if its even possible)  to have ravage zombie horde as a faction(under civ if possible or IND)

My reasons for thinking this would be a welcome feature stems from the zombie horde module,and the fact that unlike ambient zeds,the horde dont de-spawn after player is out of range.

If someone like me,who is making a mission covering the whole entire island of lets say chernarus,wants to distribute hordes around cities or towns,the performance will drop fast if zeds are spawned in and player does not kill them,then stumbles on another town and more hordes spawn....(immagine flying a helicopter around the island,it would quickly spawn alot of horde modules and FPS would quickly decrease.

If a horde could be placed as a playable faction,the mission maker could "enable simulation false" for each horde,and thats just as good i beleive as "spawning them in" in terms of performance.

It would help greatly in enabling mission makers in populating the map with hordes(which are so much fun that by now all i do when jumping into the editor is populate a town and run in with a GL poping away ;)  )

Its just a suggestion and you could pre difine groups ar 10 man,20 man etc

Possibly placing a code in the init of leader zed to enable horde behaviour...

Looking forward to the next update man!

• Like 1

My First test

Thank Haleks for mod

Thank Cosmic10r for Template
Thank Evil Organ for help
Thank Priest for Loot Script

My pc low spec maybe video lag

• Like 5

@abarsby : Yes, it only requires CBA; does your problem occur with vanilla Arma3?

Yes, I have the standard non experimental/beta version.

(This was about the game not progressing after the loading bar had filled up)

There is now a Ravage wiki. It's only got about fifteen pages and very little structure.There are two of us working on it at the moment.

If anyone else would like to help, then you only need to create a Wikia account to be able to edit. You don't need to ask permission. It doesn't matter if you have no experience of wiki editing (I don't either) or if you only want to add one paragraph of text - I'll be grateful regardless. If you do fancy a go, then its probably best if you send me an email (kodabarATgmailDOTcom) or a PM to introduce yourself and say that you're going to do something to the wiki.

At the bottom of the main page, there is a link to a list of "Things that need doing" that has a list of suggestions for articles and improvements. So if you fancy joining in, but don't know what to do, have a look at that list and see if something catches your eye.

Even if you don't want to write for the wiki, feel free to drop me a message to say "Make a page about X" or "this is wrong", etc.

http://ravage.wikia.com/

I'm jolly glad of cosmic10r's summary of the first 25 pages of this thread. That's been a great help. Thank you, Cosmic.

• Like 8

Hi... my name is CosmiC10R and I would like to help on the wiki here and there.

I have experience in drinking beer, thinking about beer, and playing ArmA. Not well mind you, but I do play the game from time to time.

My Dad drove me down to this interview and told me to agree with whatever you said.

My Arma work history includes

-Ravage fan from Aug 2015 to current

-Working with ArmA ineffectually from 2010 to current

-Playing Arma games since OFP days... and shamefully, Dragon Rising on console

My references include 

-Evil Organ - who apparently feeds grapes to and bathes people who create climbing zombies

-StTosin - who hates people who smoke on choppers

-My Dad - He is waiting in the car, I can go get him if you like...

• Like 7

^^

Overqualified........next applicant please.

:lol:  

• Like 3

Hello,

I just started playing ravage and it has been great so far!  :)

I am however having a problem with saving. After I start a new game I can use the save from the pause menu once but then after that its greyed out and I cant select it anymore. Save and quit is still available and I can resume from the spot I save and quit from but If I die it only lets me load from the first normal save and not from my last save and quit. I am not using any mods besides the ones recommended on the initial posts including CBA.

Any ideas? I tried searching the thread and wiki for this and no luck.  :(

Thanks

Any ideas?

Use the save function available in the radio menu - 0 0 1

• Like 2

Use the save function available in the radio menu - 0 0 1

that worked, thanks

@CRexfu : Also take a look at your difficulty settings.

Playing above "Regular" difficulty limits the player to one save per mission - I hope BIS will change those settings along with the future difficulty overhaul they're working on.

After I start a new game I can use the save from the pause menu once but then after that its greyed out and I cant select it anymore. 

Adding this to the FAQ on the wiki now. I had this issue also when i first played, I was just deleting the save file and saving over it :)

Hello,

I just started playing ravage and it has been great so far!  :)

I am however having a problem with saving. After I start a new game I can use the save from the pause menu once but then after that its greyed out and I cant select it anymore. Save and quit is still available and I can resume from the spot I save and quit from but If I die it only lets me load from the first normal save and not from my last save and quit. I am not using any mods besides the ones recommended on the initial posts including CBA.

Any ideas? I tried searching the thread and wiki for this and no luck.  :(

Thanks

you can just do this in game: esc-settings-game-difficulty-match RECRUIT-ok-return to game-esc-settings-game-difficulty-match f.e. VETERAN-ok- SAVE BEFORE YOU RETURN TO GAME......... game is saved in Veteran difficulty anytime you want. ;)