Thanks Haleks i tried standalone map,but its actually unusable...

In my search for a good map to make ravage scenarios for i tried Esseker...awesome map but zeds are spawning in in towns in very small numbers...like one or two zombies and there are many buildings around.

Settings module i have default 50 population for ambient zeds...is ravage ambient zombies not working on esseker?

In my search for a good map to make ravage scenarios for i tried Esseker...awesome map but zeds are spawning in in towns in very small numbers...like one or two zombies and there are many buildings around.

Settings module i have default 50 population for ambient zeds...is ravage ambient zombies not working on esseker?

The zombies module does work, but most of the map out there, including Arma2 ones, don't have as many objects as Altis or even Stratis.

The module relies on the number of nearby buildings/objects to spawn zombies; you should try at least 70 max zombies, you should be able to higher that number to 100 without too much impact on performances.

The other thing you can try Red is to place a horde module, set it to 500 as trigger distance and say 350 to spawn distance and make sure horde behaviour is turned off.

This will help populate areas with more Zeds.

• Like 1

ChernoPlus worked for me using Rsoftokz's "Roads" port except for the loot not spawning in DZ's modified buildings but the trash cans outside of them had loot aswell as the vanilla structures.

Hi guys!

Quick update on what has been done or being worked on so far :

Tweaked :

Zombies have better chances to grab the player's backpack.

Replaced a few building models.

Disabled church bells.

Spawned Repair trucks can no longer be used to repair other vehicles.

Reduced Refuel capacity for spawned refuel vehicles.

Tweaked Nutrition level for cooked meat.

Tweaked zed attack range and timing (again).

Fixed :

Added missing Arma2 buildings to the Loot spawn system.

Geiger numerical display was off-screen on certain resolutions/screen formats.

The following modules were not working in MP: Survival, atmosphere, vehicle spawner, ambiant AI and zombies.

Zombie sounds not working in MP.

Custom vehicle textures were not applied in MP.

Fixed several background functions to run in MP.

Disabled sleep actions in MP.

Various bug fixes & tweaks.

New :

Added vehicle caching system (SP only).

I still have a shitload of things to fix regarding multiplayer; I also intend to make use of the incoming eden editor to enhance various unique locations in the template mission.

Work is going slowly though as I don't have much spare time, so no ETA for now...

• Like 5

Great work and thanks for your efforts Haleks.

I have a great fun doing my own mission for your mod.

good work there haleks 

is there anychance in getting the files off you to do some testing for you as we are really wanting to do this in a coop mission and it may help you move along quicker ?

my email is aaronpltay@hotmail.com

cheers for this awsome mission/mod

• Like 1

Hi grease monkey!

I may have a testable build by this week-end; I'll PM some of you guys. ;)

• Like 2

no problem haleks.

anything i can do to help this fantastic mission/mod let me know  ;)

me and my mates are itching to get going on a coop mission 

thanks for your hard work i hope this keeps going :)  :)

Hi grease monkey!

I may have a testable build by this week-end; I'll PM some of you guys. ;)

I would really like to play test this in a coop also!!

Fire

Tweaked : 

Disabled church bells.

Good riddance!!  :P

• Like 2

Hey Haleks,

thanks for your dedication! :thumbs-up: 

I really like the direction of development towards a "feature-complete" RAVAGE for MP.  Also your new performance saving for cars sounds great; Since I have a MP Mission ready for testing I'd also like to help you with this.  Maybe folks from this thread here could unite and test each other's MP missions together?

Best regards,

tourist

Haleks in regard to zombies spawning on objects,could you list what objects the spawn on?

When i place editor placed arma2 and arma 3 buildings on my ravage map(esseker for example) it spawns zombies roughly one per building...i cant populate esseker with so many buildings but objects would be fine...

so is there any chance you could tell me what editor placed objcts that or map objects you use to spawn zeds?

Thanks so much for your continued work on Ravage,im really enjoying the experience.

There's a bit of a problem with the helicopters in Ravage. It's been around a while, but I didn't document it until now. And I've also had confirmation from another player.

You find a helicopter, you fix it, you get in, but when you start the engine, part of the helicopter breaks. It's not every helicopter and the breaking part changes when you start a new game - a particular helicopter could be unfixable in one game, but start another and it is fixable.

So yeah, the helicopters work about as well as my French skills. Video in the spoiler below:

• Like 2

Haha, that video bug report made my day, thanks man! ^^

I'll have a look-see at those choppers. ;)

@redarmy : there is no defined list, basically every object that is considered to be a "building" by the engine can eventually spawn zombies, be it a street lamp or a plane hangar.

Small update :

Thanks to the recent reports about problems with the zombies spawn rate, I found out I made some major calculation errors regarding the sun influence...

I just fixed it on my dev build, expect the ambiant zombie spawner to be more reliable with the next update - this should (partially) solve the problem with Arma2 maps being underpopulated.

Here's the updated changelog for the next version :

Tweaked :

Zombies have better chances to grab the player's backpack.

Replaced a few building models.

Disabled church bells.

Spawned Repair trucks can no longer be used to repair other vehicles.

Reduced Refuel capacity for spawned refuel vehicles.

Tweaked Nutrition level for cooked meat.

Tweaked zed attack range and timing (again).

Fixed :

Probabilities calculation errors sometimes preventing zombies to spawn.

Disabling Sun Influence in the ambiant zombies module didn't have any effect on spawn chances.

Added missing Arma2 buildings to the Loot spawn system.

Geiger numerical display was off-screen on certain resolutions/screen formats.

The following modules were not working in MP: Survival, atmosphere, vehicle spawner, ambiant AI and zombies.

Zombie sounds not working in MP.

Custom vehicle textures were not applied in MP.

Fixed several background functions to run in MP.

Disabled sleep actions in MP.

Various bug fixes & tweaks.

New :

Added vehicle caching system (SP only).

I'm still busy fixing the modules & functions for MP-compatibility, I'll have a test build soon for those willing to help. ;)

• Like 6

There are a few tests I need to run first; I'd say sometime before next week-end.

• Like 2

Small update :

Thanks to the recent reports about problems with the zombies spawn rate, I found out I made some major calculation errors regarding the sun influence...

I just fixed it on my dev build, expect the ambiant zombie spawner to be more reliable with the next update - this should (partially) solve the problem with Arma2 maps being underpopulated.

Here's the updated changelog for the next version :

I'm still busy fixing the modules & functions for MP-compatibility, I'll have a test build soon for those willing to help. ;)

You know I'm always available. And you can reach me anytime either here or on Steam with ID ^bdc. 

B

A minor thing: I placed five tents at my base location and two of them later disappeared.

I chose a base at the southernmost airfield (the one with the two barracks buildings and Orca). I placed a couple of tents, put stuff in them and everything was fine. I travelled around the map a fair bit and everything remain where it was placed. I later placed more tents, eventually ending up with five. I had quite a few vehicles too: an Orca, fuel truck, two technicals, three offroads. I organised the contents of the tents, so I had one for guns, one for ammo, one of food & medical supplies, etc.

I spent quite a bit of time in the far north of the map. When I came back, two of my tents were gone. Sadly, they were the ones with ammo and food & medicine. The tents were quite close together (see image in spoiler) and they had a lot of stuff in them. Two or three vehicles were close to the tents. Also, at one point, I parked an offroad very close to the two tents which disappeared. Not close enough to hit them, but almost. It was after the next trip that they disappeared.

When I've got time, I'll do some tests to see if I can make this happen again.

tents_zpskhbvrjgb.jpg

A minor thing: I placed five tents at my base location and two of them later disappeared.

I chose a base at the southernmost airfield (the one with the two barracks buildings and Orca). I placed a couple of tents, put stuff in them and everything was fine. I travelled around the map a fair bit and everything remain where it was placed. I later placed more tents, eventually ending up with five. I had quite a few vehicles too: an Orca, fuel truck, two technicals, three offroads. I organised the contents of the tents, so I had one for guns, one for ammo, one of food & medical supplies, etc.

I spent quite a bit of time in the far north of the map. When I came back, two of my tents were gone. Sadly, they were the ones with ammo and food & medicine. The tents were quite close together (see image in spoiler) and they had a lot of stuff in them. Two or three vehicles were close to the tents. Also, at one point, I parked an offroad very close to the two tents which disappeared. Not close enough to hit them, but almost. It was after the next trip that they disappeared.

Although sadly this sounds like a bug, it would be remarkable to think you've been raided by the Raiders!!

I too have come across instances of this during extended playthroughs, but not on the scale described by kodabar.

Maybe a solution could be the implementation of iniDBI2 instead of the save feature. It will keep the world persistent, saving vehicles, tents and items stored to a database.

Not sure how it would work alongside the Ravage demo mission, maybe Haleks could enlighten us.  

Although sadly this sounds like a bug, it would be remarkable to think you've been raided by the Raiders!!

I too have come across instances of this during extended playthroughs, but not on the scale described by kodabar.

Maybe a solution could be the implementation of iniDBI2 instead of the save feature. It will keep the world persistent, saving vehicles, tents and items stored to a database.

Not sure how it would work alongside the Ravage demo mission, maybe Haleks could enlighten us.

IniDBI2 shouldn't be necessary - the vanilla save system is solid enough in my experience (except for a couple of minor issues).

At first I thought that one of the clean-up functions was doing its job too well, but I think the problem lies elsewhere... I will fiddle with the tent config.

Is it the only affected object by this problem?

Since the Eden update, when using mister goodsons Unit SFX, some zombies have developed the death screams.

Just looked through some archive footage of Ravage and this never happened before the Eden update, so it's quite startling to hear the zombies using them now.

Anybody else experienced this yet?

Not sure if it's a Ravage thing or something on mister goodsons end........but it just sounds wrong.

Yeah I noticed that as well with the last update, not sure what changed but I reckon it will be easy to fix.

EDIT : ...and fixed on my build; one cool thing is that falling sounds now work properly for zombies. ;)

• Like 3