Jump to content

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Espen Haugen (Firstyminator) said:

Any setting to override this?

 

Make sure to set the first parameter! It default setting is to disable all other parameters and use the ones from the last session. When you change something, you need to set it to "Use below and save" and the next time you will have the same settings without touching the parameters.

 

Also "Daytime" is a random start between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

 

Make sure to set the first parameter! It default setting is to disable all other parameters and use the ones from the last session. When you change something, you need to set it to "Use below and save" and the next time you will have the same settings without touching the parameters.

 

Also "Daytime" is a random start between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m.

Excellent :) Will try this. Many thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neo, great work on Chernarus Winter! Hoping you can include a mission for it for Escape! thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2019 at 1:59 AM, NeoArmageddon said:

 

You can already find a mission in the Gitlab dev build, even using some of the new CUP winter units: https://gitlab.anzp.de/escape/co10_Escape/pipelines

 

Thanks! didn't know we had access to that. Chernarus looks great and escape plays well on it.  It would be nice if we could use the enemy soldiers clothes. It's cold out there and their parkas look warm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8.1.2019 at 11:49 PM, winter_mute_ said:

Thanks! didn't know we had access to that. Chernarus looks great and escape plays well on it.  It would be nice if we could use the enemy soldiers clothes. It's cold out there and their parkas look warm.

 

Don't worry. With the next CUP update you will get a nice warm winter jacket.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its really cool winter chernarus i really enjoy it , also i wanna ask if there will be update for IFA3 escape ? thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the hard work that you put into this, love the mission. @NeoArmageddon

Is there a way of kicking players back to the lobby if they have are dead and go AFK for a long time? Some players have complained that if someone goes AFK while dead, the mission won't reset.

It could be fixed by ending the mission if all players are dead. I have been added in stuff to the mission, so maybe I have stuffed up the code & it already does this.

Great work on the escape mission, having allot of fun on it.

+++++EDIT++++++++
Never mind, I stuffed up the fn_briefing.sgf. Everything works well. Thanks again, this mission kicks ass.

20190222211405_1.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you very much aussie battler !

 

and by the way , there is a new edition for the GF Crashsites and there is a new alternative edition for the GF Cargo Airdrops , if you mean this one .

The newst versions of all the scripts that starts with auto , except the GF Auto Population Script - Mod ( automatic Spawner ) mave also auto mod detection selection , so there is no need on editing lists , but there is included on the most of them also this feature.

 

You can find everything here :

Spoiler

 

Spoiler

 

Thanks everyone

&

off course NeoArmageddon , for the greatest mission ever !!!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good evening!  I'm porting some "vs" VME_PLA missions and appear to be making progress. Specifically, I'm taking a mission (I started with CUP USMC vs. CUP SLA) and attempting to replace CUP SLA with VME_PLA.  Seems to be straight-forward enough that even I can understand it 🙂 ... I'm editing the UnitClasses.sqf file.

 

A few questions:

  • Are there any flag markers that need to be changed for the OPFOR/INDEP factions?  I want to be sure they are using the VME PLA flags...
  • As far as adding / porting a specific faction, is the UnitClasses.sqf the *only* file that needs to be edited?
  • What's the best way to distribute?  e.g. when I've reached a happy point where I think the mission is ready for prime time, do I need to upload it somewhere or send it to someone specific?

Thanks for the great mission and the great comments within the config files!  😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @NeoArmageddon et al,

 

I believe I have identified the cause of the "Daytime defaulting to 1AM" bug -- in fact, it should not just be happening "sometimes" but should be (and in reality appears to be) happening every time!  I also believe that, as a consequence of this bug, "Nighttime" also defaults to 2AM and not any other time in the intended random period.

 

In fn_initServer.sqf, the time logic appears to be correct.  However, in init.sqf around line 70, there is additional time-setting logic that does not appear to have support for param values 25 and 26 the way that fn_initServer.sqf does.  I believe what is happening is that init.sqf is running after fn_initServer.sqf, and then it is passing the raw value of Param_TimeOfDay as the hours argument to the setDate function.  I strongly suspect that internally, setDate is taking the hours parameter mod 24 ... and 25 mod 24 = 1!  Likewise, since this logic in init.sqf also lacks a check for a parameter value of 26 for the "Nighttime" setting, the logic should be using setDate to set the hour to 26 mod 24 = 2.

 

Frankly I'm brand new to Arma scripting (I just happen to have a programming background and stumbled over this problem while setting up an Escape server, and got curious haha : ) -- I'm not sure whether it is more appropriate to remove the time-setting logic in init.sqf altogether, or to update it to handle param values 25 and 26.  Since you are more familiar with the mission and scripting, I believe you should make that decision.  But I wanted to at least report the root cause of this bug.  I did try copying the param-25+26 logic from fn_initServer.sqf into init.sqf and repacked the PBO, and that DID appear to resolve the problem!

 

Hope that helps!   Also, thank you for making such an awesome mission in the first place!  Keep up the great work!

 

Cheers,

Forte

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2019 at 2:59 AM, hcpookie said:

Good evening!  I'm porting some "vs" VME_PLA missions and appear to be making progress. Specifically, I'm taking a mission (I started with CUP USMC vs. CUP SLA) and attempting to replace CUP SLA with VME_PLA.  Seems to be straight-forward enough that even I can understand it 🙂 ... I'm editing the UnitClasses.sqf file.

 

A few questions:

  • Are there any flag markers that need to be changed for the OPFOR/INDEP factions?  I want to be sure they are using the VME PLA flags...
  • As far as adding / porting a specific faction, is the UnitClasses.sqf the *only* file that needs to be edited?
  • What's the best way to distribute?  e.g. when I've reached a happy point where I think the mission is ready for prime time, do I need to upload it somewhere or send it to someone specific?

Thanks for the great mission and the great comments within the config files!  😉

 

  1. Flags are defined at the top of the unitclasses.sqf.
  2. The units in the mission.sqm needs to be replaced aswell. But if you want to contribute your unitsclasses.sqf to the repository, you can skip that and just tell me the player classnames you intended. The rest is managed by the continuous integration server when building the mission.
  3. Upload the unitclasses.sqf somewhere and write @scruffy a PM about it containing the download link.

 

 

14 hours ago, forte2718 said:

Hi @NeoArmageddon et al,

 

I believe I have identified the cause of the "Daytime defaulting to 1AM" bug -- in fact, it should not just be happening "sometimes" but should be (and in reality appears to be) happening every time!  I also believe that, as a consequence of this bug, "Nighttime" also defaults to 2AM and not any other time in the intended random period.

 

In fn_initServer.sqf, the time logic appears to be correct.  However, in init.sqf around line 70, there is additional time-setting logic that does not appear to have support for param values 25 and 26 the way that fn_initServer.sqf does.  I believe what is happening is that init.sqf is running after fn_initServer.sqf, and then it is passing the raw value of Param_TimeOfDay as the hours argument to the setDate function.  I strongly suspect that internally, setDate is taking the hours parameter mod 24 ... and 25 mod 24 = 1!  Likewise, since this logic in init.sqf also lacks a check for a parameter value of 26 for the "Nighttime" setting, the logic should be using setDate to set the hour to 26 mod 24 = 2.

 

Frankly I'm brand new to Arma scripting (I just happen to have a programming background and stumbled over this problem while setting up an Escape server, and got curious haha : ) -- I'm not sure whether it is more appropriate to remove the time-setting logic in init.sqf altogether, or to update it to handle param values 25 and 26.  Since you are more familiar with the mission and scripting, I believe you should make that decision.  But I wanted to at least report the root cause of this bug.  I did try copying the param-25+26 logic from fn_initServer.sqf into init.sqf and repacked the PBO, and that DID appear to resolve the problem!

 

Hope that helps!   Also, thank you for making such an awesome mission in the first place!  Keep up the great work!

 

 

Argh! I couldn't see the wood for the trees there. You are absolutly right. There is some old code in the init.sqf I moved to the initServer function when I split all the mission bootstraping by their locallity into functions. Seems like I either forgot to remove it after copying it to the function or it got accidentally back in by a git rollback. Thank you so much for pointing this out! Should be fixed in latest build on Gitlab.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey so I seem to be unable to load an Esseker map for your framework since apperently I'm missing mods yet i think i have all the mods. Heres the output 
 

Spoiler

"-servermod=@co10_Escape_RHS;@Esseker;@CUP Terrains - Core;@CUP Terrains - Maps;@RHS_AFRF;@RHS_USAF;@CUP_Units;@CUP_Vehicles;@CUP_Weapons;@CBA_A3" "-mod=" -malloc=tbb4 -enableHT -world=empty -autoinit -maxMem=6144

 

Original output filename: Arma3Retail_Server

Exe timestamp: 2019/02/25 11:24:12

Current time: 2019/03/07 13:37:30

 

Type: Public

Build: Stable

Version: 1.90.145381

 

Allocator: Dll\tbb4malloc_bi.dll [2017.0.0.0] [2017.0.0.0]

PhysMem: 64 GiB, VirtMem : 4.0 GiB, AvailPhys : 40 GiB, AvailVirt : 3.9 GiB, AvailPage : 41 GiB

=====================================================================

 

13:37:30 SteamAPI initialization failed. Steam features won't be accessible!

13:37:30 Cannot register unknown string STR_3DEN_CAMERA_NAME

13:37:30 Cannot register unknown string STR_DIFF_SCENE_ONLY

13:37:30 Cannot register unknown string STR_DIFF_SCENE_AND_MAP

13:37:31 Initializing stats manager.

13:37:31 Stats config disabled.

13:37:31 sessionID: d79fc2cb1e463ed27d89fe03d53f98ea9bfaadb5

13:37:58 Item str_a3_to_c01_m02_036_ta_mechanized_briefing_SOLDIERC_0 listed twice

13:38:00 Unsupported language English in stringtable

13:38:00 Unsupported language English in stringtable

13:38:00 Unsupported language English in stringtable

13:38:01 Unsupported language English in stringtable

13:38:01 Unsupported language English in stringtable

13:38:01 Item str_dn_2b14 listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_mn_pg9 listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_mn_og9 listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_mn_igla listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_dn_ags30 listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_mn_at13 listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_mn_9k32 listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_dn_at13 listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_dn_at13launchersingle listed twice

13:38:01 Item STR_DN_D30 listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_dn_dshkm listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_dn_dshkm_minitripod listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_lib_m2_mg listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_lib_m119 listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_lib_kord listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_lib_dshkm listed twice

13:38:01 Item STR_LIB_D30 listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_lib_ags30 listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_dn_igla_aa_pod_east listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_dn_igla_twice listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_dn_kord listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_dn_kord_low listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_dn_m119 listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_dn_tow_tripod listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_dn_tow listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_dn_spg9 listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_dn_m252 listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_dn_m2hd_minitripod listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_dn_m2_mg listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_dn_mk19_tripod listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_dn_zu23 listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_lib_2b14 listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_lib_at13 listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_lib_m252 listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_lib_spg9 listed twice

13:38:01 Unsupported language English in stringtable

13:38:11 Warning Message: Addon 'CUP_Editor_Plants_Config' requires addon 'CUP_CA_Plants_PMC'

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Grim5667 said:

Hey so I seem to be unable to load an Esseker map for your framework since apperently I'm missing mods yet i think i have all the mods. Heres the output 
 

  Hide contents

"-servermod=@co10_Escape_RHS;@Esseker;@CUP Terrains - Core;@CUP Terrains - Maps;@RHS_AFRF;@RHS_USAF;@CUP_Units;@CUP_Vehicles;@CUP_Weapons;@CBA_A3" "-mod=" -malloc=tbb4 -enableHT -world=empty -autoinit -maxMem=6144

 

Original output filename: Arma3Retail_Server

Exe timestamp: 2019/02/25 11:24:12

Current time: 2019/03/07 13:37:30

 

Type: Public

Build: Stable

Version: 1.90.145381

 

Allocator: Dll\tbb4malloc_bi.dll [2017.0.0.0] [2017.0.0.0]

PhysMem: 64 GiB, VirtMem : 4.0 GiB, AvailPhys : 40 GiB, AvailVirt : 3.9 GiB, AvailPage : 41 GiB

=====================================================================

 

13:37:30 SteamAPI initialization failed. Steam features won't be accessible!

13:37:30 Cannot register unknown string STR_3DEN_CAMERA_NAME

13:37:30 Cannot register unknown string STR_DIFF_SCENE_ONLY

13:37:30 Cannot register unknown string STR_DIFF_SCENE_AND_MAP

13:37:31 Initializing stats manager.

13:37:31 Stats config disabled.

13:37:31 sessionID: d79fc2cb1e463ed27d89fe03d53f98ea9bfaadb5

13:37:58 Item str_a3_to_c01_m02_036_ta_mechanized_briefing_SOLDIERC_0 listed twice

13:38:00 Unsupported language English in stringtable

13:38:00 Unsupported language English in stringtable

13:38:00 Unsupported language English in stringtable

13:38:01 Unsupported language English in stringtable

13:38:01 Unsupported language English in stringtable

13:38:01 Item str_dn_2b14 listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_mn_pg9 listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_mn_og9 listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_mn_igla listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_dn_ags30 listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_mn_at13 listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_mn_9k32 listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_dn_at13 listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_dn_at13launchersingle listed twice

13:38:01 Item STR_DN_D30 listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_dn_dshkm listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_dn_dshkm_minitripod listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_lib_m2_mg listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_lib_m119 listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_lib_kord listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_lib_dshkm listed twice

13:38:01 Item STR_LIB_D30 listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_lib_ags30 listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_dn_igla_aa_pod_east listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_dn_igla_twice listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_dn_kord listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_dn_kord_low listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_dn_m119 listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_dn_tow_tripod listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_dn_tow listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_dn_spg9 listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_dn_m252 listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_dn_m2hd_minitripod listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_dn_m2_mg listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_dn_mk19_tripod listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_dn_zu23 listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_lib_2b14 listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_lib_at13 listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_lib_m252 listed twice

13:38:01 Item str_lib_spg9 listed twice

13:38:01 Unsupported language English in stringtable

13:38:11 Warning Message: Addon 'CUP_Editor_Plants_Config' requires addon 'CUP_CA_Plants_PMC'

 



You have mixed up your commandline. Try this:

--mod=@co10_Escape_RHS;@Esseker;@CUP Terrains - Core;@RHS_AFRF;@RHS_USAF;@CUP_Units;@CUP_Vehicles;@CUP_Weapons;@CBA_A3" "servermod="

You dont need ;@CUP Terrains - Maps Esseker is only dependent on Cup Terrains Core.
 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also the message suggest that your server had trouble downloading some of the addons. If you used steam, there is a change the Terrains download is corrupted. Steam seems to have problems with large mods. Try to redownload here: http://cup-arma3.org/download

Also I always suspect autoinit in the commandline may cause problems later on. You may be safer to just remove it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi!

I've been hosting this mission from a dedicated Linux box for a while now, and sometimes the game starts with an empty backpack and no guards outside. Restarting the mission helps, but usually it requires at least two or three restarts in order to work. In really persistent cases, restarting the whole server process solves the issue.

There seems to be no consistent way of recreating this bug whatsoever, and both vanilla and running additional mods (CBA and Taskforce Radio) have this issue. My server hardware has also changed during this time but both machines ran Linux. Main map is Tanoa, although I think the bug occurs on all maps.

Some of the troubleshooting steps I've tried so far:

  • General reinstall/update mission file
  • Made sure there's no mission rotation assigned in server.cfg
  • The switch "-init=" isn't used during server launch
  • Made sure the .pbo files are directly under /mpmissions
  • After talking with Neo on Discord, renamed all of the .pbo -filenames to lowercase.

I've understood that this problem is more Linux specific, but not all servers have it. Looking at the server logs, it seems that there's a lot of various error messages during mission start but I don't see a difference in the amount of errors between the buggy games and normal good spawns. Has anyone solved this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Inspecti said:

Hi!

I've been hosting this mission from a dedicated Linux box for a while now, and sometimes the game starts with an empty backpack and no guards outside. Restarting the mission helps, but usually it requires at least two or three restarts in order to work. In really persistent cases, restarting the whole server process solves the issue.

There seems to be no consistent way of recreating this bug whatsoever, and both vanilla and running additional mods (CBA and Taskforce Radio) have this issue. My server hardware has also changed during this time but both machines ran Linux. Main map is Tanoa, although I think the bug occurs on all maps.

Some of the troubleshooting steps I've tried so far:

  • General reinstall/update mission file
  • Made sure there's no mission rotation assigned in server.cfg
  • The switch "-init=" isn't used during server launch
  • Made sure the .pbo files are directly under /mpmissions
  • After talking with Neo on Discord, renamed all of the .pbo -filenames to lowercase.

I've understood that this problem is more Linux specific, but not all servers have it. Looking at the server logs, it seems that there's a lot of various error messages during mission start but I don't see a difference in the amount of errors between the buggy games and normal good spawns. Has anyone solved this? 

not. for example, we just stopped playing on Linux. Yes, this problem is always only on Linux

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2019 at 11:06 AM, aussie battler said:



You have mixed up your commandline. Try this:

--mod=@co10_Escape_RHS;@Esseker;@CUP Terrains - Core;@RHS_AFRF;@RHS_USAF;@CUP_Units;@CUP_Vehicles;@CUP_Weapons;@CBA_A3" "servermod="

You dont need ;@CUP Terrains - Maps Esseker is only dependent on Cup Terrains Core.
 

thanks not sure what the problem was since the server is hosted by hosthavoc but a quick reset of server fixed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

new hardcore russian escape trailer

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×