CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

come later, the T810 truck from the addons Army of the Czech Republic?

Do we need more of these questions? If the thing you want was in Arma2 -then it will be added to CUP. 

• Like 2

I don't know.  I don't understand.  I think that question needs to be re-asked on at least a weekly basis.  I mean, the CUP team might forget what they wrote on page 1, no?  :p

• Like 4

Weren't the blue lines on soviet/rf bombs indicating that they are training dummies?

Do we need more of these questions? If the thing you want was in Arma2 -then it will be added to CUP. 

I don't know.  I don't understand.  I think that question needs to be re-asked on at least a weekly basis.  I mean, the CUP team might forget what they wrote on page 1, no?  :P

We should ask the mods to make a bot that posts that question/answer every week, would save time to everyone. :D

Weren't the blue lines on soviet/rf bombs indicating that they are training dummies?

Were they? We can change that. Do you have any more info on the subject?

• Like 3

Is the reason that CUP Vehicles requires CUP weapons because it needs the ammo types and stuff for the vehicle guns? Just wondering

Thanks

Were they? We can change that. Do you have any more info on the subject?

From the Western side, blue bands on the nose mean it's a dummy warhead, blue band on the tail means it's a dummy (non-active) motor device.  There are also CATMs, which have a seeker head that works, but blue band on the back because it can't launch.  I've flown with them before, but now that you ask, I can't remember what the color band is on the nose, since it doesn't have a warhead, but the seeker still works.  I'll have have a look at work.

• Like 3

Yes.  The "zebra stripe" rings on AAM's also indicate "inert".

• Like 2

From the Western side, blue bands on the nose mean it's a dummy warhead, blue band on the tail means it's a dummy (non-active) motor device.  There are also CATMs, which have a seeker head that works, but blue band on the back because it can't launch.  I've flown with them before, but now that you ask, I can't remember what the color band is on the nose, since it doesn't have a warhead, but the seeker still works.  I'll have have a look at work.

Black bands on Warsaw Pact ordnance signify inert components, not blue.

• Like 2

Is the reason that CUP Vehicles requires CUP weapons because it needs the ammo types and stuff for the vehicle guns? Just wondering

Thanks

Yes, also textures and models in various places.

Not only that, but Vehicles need a crew (CUP Units), and the crew again needs weapons (CUP Weapons)

• Like 4

I need guidance on how radar works when manning an attack helicopter w/CUP vehicles.... I can't lock onto targets via radar to use hellfires (tab/lock doesn't work), I have to visually find them and right click for my AI to lock and attack a target, is this intended?

-

Salutations to all !!!

Apologies if I post this on the other thread too but I know the other has "Terrains" on it but it would be better if I post this to the other thread too.

I do not know if these was already address here.

I notice that when I enabled the "CUP Terrains 1.1.0 Maps", the tires of the vehicles on the Esseker map were below the ground and inoperable. But when I disabled the "CUP Terrains" and enabled "AiA Terrain Pack", the vehicles were on the ground and operable.

Hope to see this fix.

Thank you.

-

-

Salutations to all !!!

Apologies if I post this on the other thread too but I know the other has "Terrains" on it but it would be better if I post this to the other thread too.

I do not know if these was already address here.

I notice that when I enabled the "CUP Terrains 1.1.0 Maps", the tires of the vehicles on the Esseker map were below the ground and inoperable. But when I disabled the "CUP Terrains" and enabled "AiA Terrain Pack", the vehicles were on the ground and operable.

Hope to see this fix.

Thank you.

-

This issue is nothing to do with CUP Terrains, it is an issue the map Esseker. Also you should have asked this question in the CUP Terrains thread rather than this one ;)

I need guidance on how radar works when manning an attack helicopter w/CUP vehicles.... I can't lock onto targets via radar to use hellfires (tab/lock doesn't work), I have to visually find them and right click for my AI to lock and attack a target, is this intended?

On which helicopter did this happen?

The apache has two kinds of hellfires, i haven't messed with it for a while but i remember they had two different guidance systems.

This issue is nothing to do with CUP Terrains, it is an issue the map Esseker. Also you should have asked this question in the CUP Terrains thread rather than this one ;)

I had to see this for myself. When I tried various vehicles, only the new Apex vehicles like the Prowler were sinking in the ground, and this occurs on Tanoa in vanilla. Looks like an Apex bug. All CUPS assets performed perfectly.

On which helicopter did this happen?

The apache has two kinds of hellfires, i haven't messed with it for a while but i remember they had two different guidance systems.

The CAS version, could you explain the two versions?

The CAS version, could you explain the two versions?

One is laser guided, one is radar guided. Not at home right now, but I think the AGM 118K is laser guided, and the L is radar guided.

Laser guided can be steered towards a laser designator, either your own or that of another vehicle. Radar guided are fire&forget

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

One is laser guided, one is radar guided. Not at home right now, but I think the AGM 118K is laser guided, and the L is radar guided.

Laser guided can be steered towards a laser designator, either your own or that of another vehicle. Radar guided are fire&forget

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

Thanks! I'm surprised that one is laser guided and has no radar, didn't think there was an apache out there that didnt have radar.

Thanks! I'm surprised that one is laser guided and has no radar, didn't think there was an apache out there that didnt have radar.

The Americans often took the radars off in Afghanistan, weaker engines couldn't take the strain for something they weren't using much. Also radar only hellfires aren't much use when it comes to dealing with buildings or when you need to actually look at what you're shooting. If memory serves the initial version of the Apache didn't have a radar at all, certainly wasn't until the D version that the famed longbow radar came into use.

Radar refers to radar acquisition, or in Layman's terms, magical tablock target revealing.

The only difference is what kind of target you can acquire, radar locking means you can lock any target revealed on your radar (the vanilla circular radar), while laser guidance requires you to lock onto a laser designator, either self-deployed (afair the gunner should have it), or deployed by someone else (like a JTAC/Forward Observer).

Radar refers to radar acquisition, or in Layman's terms, magical tablock target revealing.

The only difference is what kind of target you can acquire, radar locking means you can lock any target revealed on your radar (the vanilla circular radar), while laser guidance requires you to lock onto a laser designator, either self-deployed (afair the gunner should have it), or deployed by someone else (like a JTAC/Forward Observer).

I get all that, been with Arma for 15 years now, I'm also a military pilot. ;)

Just needed to know how the hellfires worked with CUP units which was answered, thanks!

• Like 3