CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

THX @ bardosy, keep us posted about your campaigns.

@ all the other mission and campaign makers:

Did you know A2 and A2OA also had vanilla campaigns? And did you also know that they are not ported yet? :D 

Sooo, if you got some free time and motivation, we would love to see somebody helping us out on that department.

This issue with the BI stringtable is a major impediment to the efficient porting of official BI A2CO content (unless English only is ok :rolleyes:):

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/189982-porting-mission-from-arma-2/#entry3021607

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to call the stringtable for debriefing and overviewText?  Possibly only a BI playable content person could answer the question....

• Like 1

@OMAC - everything must be prefaced with STR as far as I know, https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Stringtable.xml

So class Intel may contain values such as these:

briefingName="@STR_A3_C_EA_mission_name";
overviewText="@STR_A3_C_EA_overview";

Actually scratch that. I tested a mission with overviewText="@mission.sqmmission_intel0" and it worked fine.

On CfgDebriefing, BIS is using the STR_ style

class END2
{
title = $STR_A3_epilogue_end;
subtitle = $STR_A3_C_EA_debriefingFF;
};
Edited by AZCoder
  • Like 1

@OMAC - everything must be prefaced with STR as far as I know, https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Stringtable.xml

So class Intel may contain values such as these:

briefingName="@STR_A3_C_EA_mission_name";
overviewText="@STR_A3_C_EA_overview";

Actually scratch that. I tested a mission with overviewText="@mission.sqmmission_intel0" and it worked fine.

On CfgDebriefing, BIS is using the STR_ style

class END2
{
title = $STR_A3_epilogue_end;
subtitle = $STR_A3_C_EA_debriefingFF;
};

Thank you for your reply.  I tried all that many times, with no joy.  Something deeper is going on, perhaps related to Eden rather than 2d editor, or perhaps related to A2 stringtable.  The use of @STR_prefix is recommended in Eden tooltips, and even checked the use of $STR_A3... for debriefing strings as BI uses in official missions, but those won't work for me.  To not clutter this thread, I'll continue in bardosy's porting thread.

Edit:  Note that the Biki page for stringtable gives no indication on how to (or if) stringtable tags can be referenced from mission.sqm, where scenario data can go since Eden...

Amphibious Assault Vehicles perform a landing on the Eastern coast of Altis:

dESmCdn.jpg

Went on an FFV frenzy, from 0 to 8 FFV slots (6 of which are for passengers).

• Like 27

SO the "tactical banana" will be able to swim? Or tracked vehicles are still not able to natively do that?

Went on an FFV frenzy, from 0 to 8 FFV slots (6 of which are for passengers).

That's just too cool for school  xD

• Like 1

Maybe it's a stupid question but how do you rearm the helicopters? Somehow they don't detect the Hemtt Ammo truck

SO the "tactical banana" will be able to swim? Or tracked vehicles are still not able to natively do that?

Still broken.

Still broken.

Yes this affects the Unsung M113's as well...  I developed a "workaround" and I use that term loosely... to make it work.  However this "workaround" is no longer working.  So until BIS fixes the "tracked vehicle behavior in water" for anything with "simulation=tankx" then we are still fubar.

Hey, guys, can i ask you to alter cargo bay of aav7 to real 25men size? also stryker can carry 9 men instead of current 8.

Hey, guys, can i ask you to alter cargo bay of aav7 to real 25men size? also stryker can carry 9 men instead of current 8.

I bet it's the same story as with BMP-3s - too cramped for 9 dicks AND their full combat shit...

• Like 1

No, it's already cramped as it is, it can currently carry 14 passengers (2 more than last patch) which is a full USMC squad, so all is good.

You can remove some or all the weapons from turrets if you don't want them to be available.

As far as i know the only versions without a turret of the AAV are the command&control and the recovery ones, the troop carrier always has a turret.

ok. thanks.

from what i gathered on the wikipedia, the british FV432 and american M113 would however be suitable for having an unarmed (FFV only) version.

Just like many other vehicles are suitable for other variants, yet we don't work on them for a number of reasons, namely lack of time. Please stop pushing it, or if you want them so badly join CUP and make them yourself. :)

Just like many other vehicles are suitable for other variants, yet we don't work on them for a number of reasons, namely lack of time. Please stop pushing it, or if you want them so badly join CUP and make them yourself. :)

Yeah no doubt!  Its not like you push the "make vehicle work in A3" button!  :D

No, it's already cramped as it is, it can currently carry 14 passengers (2 more than last patch) which is a full USMC squad, so all is good.

Those models were sold to VBS, so you can forget about them coming to A3.

What is you source for this? And he has not given anyone permission to port his UH-60 pack because Yura and I are working on them.

What is you source for this? And he has not given anyone permission to port his UH-60 pack because Yura and I are working on them.

One of our team contacted him and this is what we were told.

One of our team contacted him and this is what we were told.

He made new models for that. And maybe that was the case at the time. He got a lot of requests for his UH-60s.

I thought the models you were working on were new.

In any case happy to hear that, sorry for the misunderstanding. :)

I thought the models you were working on were new.

In any case happy to hear that, sorry for the misunderstanding. :)

The models we are working on are updated and changed models for Arma 3.

• Like 2

By organisation, marine AAV's are used in assault amphibius platoons, each 4 sections of 4 vehicles, which are able to transport transport whole rifle company with additional units.

It is not a problem to add non proxied seats, but it would be really nice if you add the ones with apropriate proxy, for precise organisation fans.