CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

I just tested it, put a USMC and a Russian squad opposite each other at around 400 meters away.

They immediately start shooting. Spoiler: The Russians won every time.

I tired single player, multiplayer, and on dedicated server, with the same result everywhere.

So if this is a general problem, it does only affect certain units. Can you say what type of units you used?

Maybe just Gunners and Snipers shot the enemy?😓

Maybe just Gunners and Snipers shot the enemy

It was two standard rifle squads, no snipers.

Please, let's not start playing guessing games here. You must know what units you used? If you can tell me a setup or make a mission that exhibits the problem, I can look at it. I'm not going to go through all of them just to find out that the problem is on your end.

It was two standard rifle squads, no snipers.

Please, let's not start playing guessing games here. You must know what units you used? If you can tell me a setup or make a mission that exhibits the problem, I can look at it. I'm not going to go through all of them just to find out that the problem is on your end.

I just used Rifleman on my game,If no any problem on your test,so just my mod error(sorry of my shXt english)😔

I just used Rifleman on my game,If no any problem on your test,so just my mod errorsorry of my shXt english

From what faction?

USMC and US army

Well those aren't supposed to shoot at each other because they are both Blufor ???

• Like 1

Well those aren't supposed to shoot at each other because they are both Blufor ???

Sorry I mean US army and USMC had problem,I just used they on my game,It have nothing to do with any enemy

Sorry I mean US army and USMC had problem,I just use they on my game, have nothing to do with any enemy

Okay in that case it is something on your end, because those factions work. The original test I did was with USMC, and I just tried US Army with a similar result (US Army against SLA - US Army wins). 

• Like 1

Okay in that case it is something on your end, because those factions work. The original test I did was with USMC, and I just tried US Army with a similar result (US Army against SLA - US Army wins).

OK I see.Thank u for your help and your patience

So I tried the Takistani Militia recently with ALiVE and I really like it (the infantry is amazing) but I was wondering...

When you get the Takistani civilians done, would you consider letting the militia use something more civilian-based for their motorized vehicles such as civilian pickups with basic technicals attached? I don't want to pretend to be an expert on real life Taliban-esque equipment or anything so I could be way off base, but the current militia seems to only use these extremely powerful military vehicles with very strong weapons attached.

Or perhaps there's a different faction within the mod I may prefer for this kind of mission? I guess I'm used to the typical Arma Taliban factions blending in a bit more with the civilian populace. When you see one of these trucks coming there's no mistaking it with just a normal truck (if I live long enough to even see it lol).

The factions are based off the vehicles and weapons they used in A2, it's unlikely we'll change that (if anything we'd consider adding more vehicles, certainly not removing them).

Also i wouldn't define their vehicles "extremely powerful" either... :wacko: i don't even remember them having any tanks now that i think about it.

• Like 2

If i use CUP Units with ALIVE, the following error occures:

There are are no groups for OPCOM faction(s) ["CUP_I_TK_GUE"]! Please check if you chose the correct faction, and that the faction has groups defined in the ArmA 3 default categories infantry, motorized, mechanized, armored, air, sea!
There are are no groups for OPCOM faction(s) ["CUP_O_TK"]! Please check if you chose the correct faction, and that the faction has groups defined in the ArmA 3 default categories infantry, motorized, mechanized, armored, air, sea!

How can i fix this error ?

The factions are based off the vehicles and weapons they used in A2, it's unlikely we'll change that (if anything we'd consider adding more vehicles, certainly not removing them).

Also i wouldn't define their vehicles "extremely powerful" either... :wacko: i don't even remember them having any tanks now that i think about it.

LOL! Sorry yeah I didn't mean to imply they were tanks. They just kill me immediately as if they were. :) Defininitely not something I'm used to with a faction like this but bare in mind I'm not a very good player either.

I appreciate the reply.

I dunno about the O militia but the indfor Tak locals definitely have BTRs with DshKs and T34s, maybe some heavier stuff as well, that spawn pretty routinely in ALiVE objective placements. That might be what he's referring to. Still not really "extremely powerful" and somewhat appropriate for alternate-universe 80s-90s AfPak mujahideen.

Okay, but still no one forces you to have them in mission if you don't like them. :)

I assume ALIVE does have some filter for this sort of things, if you don't want them to spawn im pretty sure you can block them.

By the way their vehicles really are mediocre, the BTR40 literally explodes with 10/20 rounds of M2 and the gunner is so exposed it's not even hard taking potshots at him, and the Land Rovers are just Expensive Brand technicals.

I dunno about the O militia but the indfor Tak locals definitely have BTRs with DshKs and T34s, maybe some heavier stuff as well, that spawn pretty routinely in ALiVE objective placements. That might be what he's referring to. Still not really "extremely powerful" and somewhat appropriate for alternate-universe 80s-90s AfPak mujahideen.

Sorry guys I didn't mean to confuse anyone. I was basically I guess either asking for a recommendation for a faction that was more civilian vehicle based (pickups with technicals) or, at the very least, making a feature request if nothing like that existed in the mod.

Big fan of CAF Aggressors but have bee having issues and was just surprised how much more difficult the Takistani Militia is by comparison. If another faction within CUP would suit me better, I'd appreciate a recommendation. There's a lot of factions in this mod I haven't tried.

Okay, but still no one forces you to have them in mission if you don't like them. :)

I assume ALIVE does have some filter for this sort of things, if you don't want them to spawn im pretty sure you can block them.

No you can't (not without a script I'd assume), not if you want motorized units in the mission. At least not with how I'm going about it, anyway.

I really didn't mean to cause any confusion. I'm open to a faction suggestion if you guys have anything more similar to what I'm looking for. Are pickups with technicals part of any of these similar factions (Locals, Militia, etc?)?

Sorry guys I didn't mean to confuse anyone. I was basically I guess either asking for a recommendation for a faction that was more civilian vehicle based (pickups with technicals) or, at the very least, making a feature request if nothing like that existed in the mod.

Big fan of CAF Aggressors but have bee having issues and was just surprised how much more difficult the Takistani Militia is by comparison. If another faction within CUP would suit me better, I'd appreciate a recommendation. There's a lot of factions in this mod I haven't tried.

No you can't (not without a script I'd assume), not if you want motorized units in the mission. At least not with how I'm going about it, anyway.

I really didn't mean to cause any confusion. I'm open to a faction suggestion of you guys have anything more similar to what I'm looking for. Are pickups with technicals part of any of these similar factions (Locals, Militia, etc?)?

All factions come with armored vehicles to some extent (with probably the only exception being the PMC Independents, that still retain the SUV with the minigun of doom on the rooftop).

If that doesn't work for you you should consider making your own faction derived from ours with custom CfgGroups stuff.

• Like 3

I really didn't mean to cause any confusion. I'm open to a faction suggestion if you guys have anything more similar to what I'm looking for. Are pickups with technicals part of any of these similar factions (Locals, Militia, etc?)?

You can blacklist units with ALiVE however if you want to replace vehicles/units you'll have to create your own custom config

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Custom_Blacklists

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Declaring_Faction_Mappings

Hey would it be possible to bring Fast Attack Vehicle (F.A.V.) by Emery & Rubenwolf and/or Desert Patrol Vehicle (DPV)  from arma 2 into arma 3. You'd have to contact the mod creators, but it seems the maker Emery isn't active anymore. So don't know how that works here. But hope this can be done because we really need fast attack vehicles like these because right now arma 3 is just mostly mraps and other heavy armored vehicles, which don't work well for guerilla fighters and special operations type players.

• Like 1

hehehehe

"I want a phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range"