Sign in to follow this  
Westonsammy

What do you want to see in the expansion?

Features or content?  

221 members have voted

1. 1. Features or content?

• I want to see features prioritized over content
    • I want to see content prioritized over features
    • I want to see a balance of both features and content

Winter map.

Terrain Procedural snow !!

Blizzards.

Winter textures for uniforms and all vehicles.

New Snow vehicles (snowmobiles etc).

Second that I can. But expecting that I do not.

An expansion will obviously be content only, as features are meant to be included in the Vanilla engine (as for the DLC), unless we have some sort of ArrowHead standalone again. But i doubt that will be the case.

I assumed by "expansion" that they meant an OA type of deal.

But nevertheless I think that BI is going to at least include some new features, if the expansion is as big as they have made it out to be I can't see it being content only.

I know it might be impossible, but here's what I'd like:

• Dismemberment
  • Civilian guns, vehicles, usefulness etc
  • AI upgrade
  • A new map with huge cities
  • Stealth that works

Praise BI.

Fastroping

Multicore optimization

Ponds

Fluid MOUT animations

PhysX support for big ships/submarines

Secondary Muzzle animations

I know it might be impossible, but here's what I'd like:

• Dismemberment

Will never happen.

I'd actually prefer even smaller cities. On Altis, cities like Kavala or Pyrgos feel quite empty. And if you try to properly populate them or start a larger QCB FPS turn into slide shows. I too like the idea of large populated cities but it seems like the engine can't really handle them, also in terms of AI (pathfinding).

Well, cities of siez like the one in Sahrani would be good enough.

-Walkable moving objects

-Takistan like map(or map with VBS3 snow type

)

-Takistan like civilians(Male female)

-More of Navy stuff :D that is all i would love to see

more ambient wild life:

i never see birds anymore. just a few more basic species to spice it up a littel and make the new terrain mroe alive. just port the boar and the cow if needed and add a deer.

civs:

civs with "reasonable" clothing ;D i bet the population of lemnos looks nothing liek the one from altis. women would be nice but different basic civs liek on chernarus would be a nice start. priest, cop, business man/politician, construction worker, farmer.

improved thermal vision and nightvision:

i think one could do better with today's post processing tech. all looks a bit flat at the moment.

improved/fixed damage model for vehicles:

nothing fancy. just no more explosion on 0 heatlh and maybe a smoking (turning into fire) engine if it's damaged. also helos crashing and not exploding like they were delivering fireworks.

improved/fixed damage model for humans:

fall over anims for AI and possibly players for getting hit, if the current low damage stays. possibly a second more rigid version of ragdoll turning into a stand up anim right after hitting the ground.

green or white (snow) terrain:

just no more dry sand coloured dust stuff. please?

shotguns:

they're fun.

less fancy but more functional buildings:

no half closed windows. no unneeded details in general. instead straight forward damage model that adds to gameplay. as in breaking walls or bigger segments one by one. less rubble or at least much lower heaps of it to keep the ruined wall parts as useful cover.

death and pain screams:

should already be in the game but for some reason it's either broken most of the time or just not there. anything really that combats the feeling of fighting with and against robot puppets.

Edited by Bad Benson

I'd like a map similar to the Unnamed Terrain Ukraine.

Only has one road but some beautiful work. Small subtle housing community but feels realistic and as if its lived in.

Were as ,Altis as big, and sometimes as beautiful as it can be. Just Feels like it is abandoned empty..

no half closed windows.

God yes +1000, if I see so much as a single un-openable shutter on the new expansion map...

-I want to see a new map that is desert like Afghanistan or Iraq, I have the Arma 3 map pack with all the older maps, but I would love to see a new map that is familiar to those who have been following the desert conflicts.

-Ar15,M4,M16 rifles, including target shooting variants.

-Beretta `92 9mm pistol.

-Remington 700 7.62mm sniper rifle.

-Openable doors and hatches on vehicles.

-The ability to kill a member of the enemy AI and not alert others, this would enable the creation of stealth assassination missions.

Content

- More naval options ( little military patrol ships, submarines, etc. ).

- More Civ stuff ( women, and clothes by profession: farmer, teacher, doctor, etc. ).

- Light vehicles.

- A new archipelago map without much sci-fi stuff ( a map with a couple or more islands that you can "jump" from one to another instead of a huge barren like Altis ).

- Other guerrilla factions in Green force and Red Force.

Features

- Improved AI path-finding.

- Fast rope.

- Towing of artillery and trailers ( for example to tow a trailer that had been airlifted to your position ).

- Be able to walk in a ship.

I expect to be blown away. Let be throw down a few examples. In the few weeks the DLC's have proven to be a great addition. But over time, some things that made the game look better had been rolled back. So here, in the Expansion, i take what the Dev's said to heart, really.

They stated that they believe thy have something big, in regards to my guess, the next best thing. They stated that they were willing to take risks, on condition. This to me, plus the fact they've been working on the expansion for quite some time now, means that they have something. Something, we can't say good or bad as if yet.

What I am looking forward to them adding in though, since they confirmed a more Civilian focus, are the usage of Arma 3 Capabilities, such as weather additions utilizing full TrueSKY capability, a very deep and interesting terrain with many land features and signiture areas around that could make for interesting gameplay opportunities, and more Physics borne assets. For example, shipping watercraft, medium Transport/Cargo/Recon/Patrol Boats. Currently the Hemtt is capable of shipping up to 6 Supply crates neatly packed into the bed, and if driven carefully around 60-80 k/ph, can be transported from Kavala to Pyrgos, I know, I've done it twice. So how about a boat that can carry up to two crates, such as the ones the Huron can carry, or the shipping containers? Or more sturdy land vehicles. These would add both Content and Features.

ULCV's are another thing i would like to see. Something that handles gripping the road well, hard to flip, fast, about as tough as a Strider, made of metal bars and can carry a squad of 6. Also, I want to see a variety of Civilian inspired vehicles, weaponry, and assets. It's 2035, and I haven't seen a single high end and stylish Tux. Also one more thing...

The Hatchback Sport... This had to have been inspired by something. So could be see more sports vehicles? I would love to think so. Also, the EC-155 Dauphin with 5 Rotor blades and and various Civilian paints including two separate faction specific skins for both Altis/Stratis (Greece in General) Coast Gaurd/Policia and the same for what ever the new Terrain is.

More features because almost all content that our group uses is coming from mods. :)

But some new interesting terrain (Northern Europe or US/Canada) would be nice addition.

Definitely more content. Wouldn't matter to me if they didn't introduce any features at all, as long as we get more factions, weapons, vehicles and develop the 2035 setting a bit more.

Some of the things I suggest may not be possible due to the limitations on the engine, but these can be seen as 'If we could have anything'. More content across the board including weapons & vehicles would be nice, however many others have already gone into detail over this.

With regard to the new terrain:

- Roads with paint on them.

- Better use of waterways such as canals and rivers; allowing boats to have a more useful role.

- Larger scale cities consisting of bigger buildings instead of mass housing.

New features:

- Towing other vehicles.

- Fast roping from helicopters.

Features:

- Fast Roping with PhysX so possibility to fall off with high g-force etc.

- Towing

- Weapon rest as good as VTS

- Characters vanishing if caught in large explosion. (Its stupid to see flying bodies in a huge explosion) Dismemberment wont happen but could be cloud of red mist.

Content:

- Field artillery guns for towing ;)

- Support caravans which can be towed. ie ammo, repair, fuel and hospital.

- Port of classic weapons from ARMA2 compatible with new attachments.

Terrain:

-Map with several islands. Perhaps 2 connected by road but rest not so boats & divers play larger role.

Diverse terrain and ground cover including mountains, jungle to forest and open plains.

More ground features even on plains. (ie ditches and dry river beds)

Edited by EDcase

Terrain:

-Map with several islands. Perhaps 2 connected by road but rest not so boats & divers play larger role.

Diverse terrain and ground cover including mountains, jungle to forest and open plains.

More ground features even on plains. (ie ditches and dry river beds)

"We have selected its geotype and a prototype of the terrain has been in production for some time." - SITREP #00082

I think at this point it's too late to give input on the geographical setting of the new terrain; however, I would love to see a setting similar to this.

Features:

- Towing

Content:

- Field artillery guns for towing ;)

- Support caravans which can be towed. ie ammo, repair, fuel and hospital.

I love these ideas specifically. Also I think it would be great if they expanded on the "Support" missions that was introduced with Helicopters DLC. Imagine if you could do all those support missions with any vehicles. You could do supply runs with a truck, or tow artillery into place and also fire it! It would be a nice co-op mission at least and for people who don't like helicopters it would give them jobs to do as well.

Wouldn't it be great to have a 60 player "Support" mission. Where perhaps there are 2 teams of 30 performing support mission and operating on the ENTIRETY of Altis. Then Altis would really seem like a huge living battlefield. It would also make for a great strategic game if they allowed you to choose where the AI should go next. I would get rid of the whole sector control system with the tickets, it doesn't seem like a realistic system and its definitely one of the shortcomings of the scenario. Of course I'm not sure how that would go on the performance with all that AI fighting each other. I really would like to see much larger scenarios made that allow for more players and take advantage of the huge map size.

Edited by Komalt

My wishes are gameplay related:

1. A proper medical system. I like playing as a medic for the simple fact that I have an extra thing to handle. By proper I mean the need to triage your victims, offer first aid based on the injury type and the need to monitor your victim(s) if need be after first aid has been applied. Then of course, if the situation calls for it, medivac to a hospital unit and proper treatment.

2. Gameplay features designed to fit the timeline. I am aware that A3 had a bumpy development, but I wish the designers make it up by designing gameplay and playable content functionality around the near future theme.

Also, please make use of your third party sites like AAN news and Ion to further develop the back story.

I would really like to see:

- Vanilla Fastroping System incorporated to vehicles that can support them (With modding support).

- Rappel/Abseiling of structures

Edited by deltagamer

Well, i was browsing Youtube because i was bored. Then, the perfect Naval asset presented it'self to me.

This, is the same company i believe who made the AMV-Marshall (BIS's designation in game), the Patria. This boat would be PERFECT. This boat should be in Arma! It would fit the coast patrol so perfectly, and it's a bigger boat more importantly, and for good reason. It doesn't just have to have it's current armament, but the armament in the video, i'm certain i and everyone else would prefer. The naked sea's of Altis and future maps need this.

Well, i was browsing Youtube because i was bored. Then, the perfect Naval asset presented it'self to me.

This BI, this.

I think ArmA 3 in general needs more naval assets, especially if they do decide to do the whole Asian-pacific thing. More Patrol craft, maybe a Frigate, and if they really want to impress us...