Sign in to follow this  
TrueCruel

13€ DLC, hefty price for 2 choppers

Just an opinion of mine.

In theory, the price isn't so high considering it would cost less than 2 tickets to the cinema.

Also i was very happy to support Bis and, in fact, I've purchased every one of their products: form opf to arma3.

Now thing are changed

I am very disappointed, as customer, about the lack of units in this game and I am more disappointed about a Dlc who only add 2 more units!

Speaking for myself, time has come to say stop to this politic and, unless I'll see a different change of course from Bis (which is very unlikely), I will not purchase any more product from Bis.

The way I see it, this is probably subsidising the 'free' part of the update - namely the new mechanics. Basically, the DLC owners are paying to enable BI to give everyone the same abilities. But yeah, two helicopters aren't really a lot, especially since the CSAT and AAF are still without an A/MH-9 analogue. Maybe they'll patch more stuff in.

I feel like I'm the only optimist *cough*fanboy*cough* left in here. Sad days.

dan;2783343']i think its worth it as i don't see it as getting only 2 heli's' date=' but also as a way of rewarding bis for putting in the features for free for people to use and stay compatible with.[/quote']

+1

/kc

I gotta say, I was expecting a little more than two helos, four at least. But I would still buy it nevertheless, just to support BI, if I hadn't already bought Supporter Edition =). All those things they give us for free - I would feel bad if I didn't show my support somehow. So I bought another copy of A3 instead, and gifted it to my friend. Hopefully he's gonna buy DLC bundle now =)).

OnlyRazor, nope, you're not alone - I'm an optimist *cough* fanboy *cough* too =)).

Edited by MAXZY

Guest Ti0n3r

ye 13 euro is way too much. in the 1800s where I live.

also firing from vehicles will destroy the game. nobody ever requested this feature. qq more.

I'd have liked there to be more, but don't we all?

I agree with the CSAT Littlebird analogue. Something like a Z-11 would be cool. But these helicopters are significant in that they add a whole new dynamic to the game. It's not just another zoomy-spinny-mobile like an AAF didgie Orca, but a zoomy-spinny-mobile that can life heavy things and greatly improve an airmobile force's capabilities.

In theory, the price isn't so high considering it would cost less than 2 tickets to the cinema.

13€ = 2 cinema tickets?

Where do you live???

In my town a single cinema ticket costs already 12-13€ ( if it's a 3D movie more ).

Oh, and by the way - 12 bucks is approx. a half of what I usually spend on beer and chips on daily basis. So yeah, as someone already mentioned - it's a lot only if you live with your mom, sucker.

Oh, and by the way - 12 bucks is approx. a half of what I usually spend on beer and chips on daily basis. So yeah, as someone already mentioned - it's a lot only if you live with your mom, sucker.

Your missing something, and replacing common sense, with ignorance, and a closed mind. Full Arma 3 is 60$. What do you get for 60$? New features, full Campaign, a decent amount of vehicles, gear, guns, clothing, sandbox content, and two maps to use them all in. 60$ worth, that's new game price. Now. Helicopters DLC. Its by far, not even close to 1/3 of that content, which would be fair at that price. So instead, we get 2 Helicopters, a few trials to teach people how it works, and a bit of sandbox content, but keep in mind, the features are supposed to be free, because Content is Paid, Features are FREE. With that in mind, a little more justice or, emphasis on content, would be happily welcomed by the entire community. As it stands, only NATO and CSAT get catered to into this. While, things like the Civilians have a Hospital with a Heli-Pad that's been empty since it's creation, and not a single vehicle to go with it. what would be great, is if BIS took the remaining month, and maybe if not before the DLC, after the DLC, create more additions for the Helicopters DLC, and put in focus on Civilians maybe. Model a new Medium heli dedicated to Civilians, with sling capabilities. Imagine a Euro copter with a sling loadable stretcher that an injured soldier can lay on.

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

Your missing something, and replacing common sense, with ignorance, and a closed mind. Full Arma 3 is 60$. What do you get for 60$? New features, full Campaign, a decent amount of vehicles, gear, guns, clothing, sandbox content, and two maps to use them all in. 60$ worth, that's new game price. Now. Helicopters DLC. Its by far, not even close to 1/3 of that content, which would be fair at that price. So instead, we get 2 Helicopters, a few trials to teach people how it works, and a bit of sandbox content, but keep in mind, the features are supposed to be free, because Content is Paid, Features are FREE. With that in mind, a little more justice or, emphasis on content, would be happily welcomed by the entire community. As it stands, only NATO and CSAT get catered to into this. While, things like the Civilians have a Hospital with a Heli-Pad that's been empty since it's creation, and not a single vehicle to go with it. what would be great, is if BIS took the remaining month, and maybe if not before the DLC, after the DLC, create more additions for the Helicopters DLC, and put in focus on Civilians maybe. Model a new Medium heli dedicated to Civilians, with sling capabilities. Imagine a Euro copter with a sling loadable stretcher that an injured soldier can lay on.

If you see it like that you are actually only playing for removingthe ingame adds, since everyone else can enter the helicopters too. That means features and content are basically free.

BIS made such an awesome DLC strategy and people still complain like they get a premium service like EA is doing.

Your missing something, and replacing common sense, with ignorance, and a closed mind...bla-bla-bla.

It's obvious to any open minded person, that my words you've quoted were a joke. So if you want to see someone ignorant and close minded - look in the fucking mirror.

And as I already mentioned, I too was expecting a little more content. But since you're so open minded, I guess I'll have to repeat myself and elaborate a little, exprès pour vous. Yes, I think that 2 helos and a couple of trials is not a reasonable amount of content for any DLC (especially if it is paid DLC). Yes, I would like to see more, even if it would cost more. But I don't think that 12 bucks is "too much" or "exagerrated". "Full game cost so much, thus this DLC shouldn't cost so much, because it isn't fair" - this kind of words I would expect to hear from a kindergartener, not from a grown up man. Fair is what you paying for riding a bus, that's the only fair I know, ke-ke-ke.

also firing from vehicles will destroy the game. nobody ever requested this feature.

Really? Have a look over the bug tracker then come again

ye 13 euro is way too much. in the 1800s where I live.

also firing from vehicles will destroy the game. nobody ever requested this feature. qq more.

Really? Have a look over the bug tracker then come again

8787d1371882279-sexy-freundin-unauffaellige-freundin-tumblr_milv0ewojf1s47u0to1_250.jpg

With the way it's set up, it's practically a donation system...
This. But it's not a bad thing, I guess BIS will really test their new DLC politic this time.

As for FFV, for me it's the best feature of this upcoming patch, but sadly it's the one with the less dedicated development time. Oh silly BIS, I hope you'll find a place between all these zeus bugs solving to add a few FFV improving lines :)

If you see it like that you are actually only playing for removingthe ingame adds, since everyone else can enter the helicopters too. That means features and content are basically free.

BIS made such an awesome DLC strategy and people still complain like they get a premium service like EA is doing.

I prefer this strategy over the previous Arma 2/insert other company here, strategy when it comes to DLC. I support it because clearly, you can look at it, you can ride in the seats, and hear it's sounds, but you cannot use the item. That gets the players a chance to see what it's about before making a purchase, great (I already have this), however, I really don't see it as a content being free, as it's basically 3D advertisement. It's like getting a lap dance, and the rest you don't get until you pay for what it's worth... dirty joke aside, Content is not free, you also miss out on 4/5 time trials. However, the price is a bit hefty, and as some have mentioned, it's probably connected to a built in donation for the features that are included. No complaints however. This is what almost all of the community ha wanted since the beginning, TOH, Ropes, and FFV. All here now, in the flesh, with one month to go... And who knows, maybe that won't rule out some, un expected surprise content.

---------- Post added at 05:27 ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 ----------

It's obvious to any open minded person, that my words you've quoted were a joke. So if you want to see someone ignorant and close minded - look in the fucking mirror.

And as I already mentioned, I too was expecting a little more content. But since you're so open minded, I guess I'll have to repeat myself and elaborate a little, exprès pour vous. Yes, I think that 2 helos and a couple of trials is not a reasonable amount of content for any DLC (especially if it is paid DLC). Yes, I would like to see more, even if it would cost more. But I don't think that 12 bucks is "too much" or "exagerrated". "Full game cost so much, thus this DLC shouldn't cost so much, because it isn't fair" - this kind of words I would expect to hear from a kindergartener, not from a grown up man. Fair is what you paying for riding a bus, that's the only fair I know, ke-ke-ke.

I probably was a little harsh blatantly calling you ignorant, however, when i don't find that information would come from a child, as i was basically reiterating the OP, backed up by a mathematical explanation of why one would think that the DLC is over priced, which i personally, don't care, as BIS, probably deserve it for pulling off those long sought for features.

I'm not paying for anything else if they wont finish and correct ragdoll, physX, bullet damage etc etc. Essentially they have already lost me as a customer for dlc's and arma 4, the only way they can win me back is if they show some commitment by fixing/finishing the areas of the game that have needed the work desperately since the first days of the alpha.

WOO! I pulled something from the first page!

Now onto my point: I paid for the DLC. I'm glad I made the purchase. I fully support bohemia.

-Ragdoll, I'm fine with. It looks fine, even if it is a little goofy that ragdoll only applies until the entire body is on the ground.

-PhysX, I'll admit, it needs some TLC, still, I'm glad vehicles don't just slide away from the rock you just ran into. Also, as far as vehicle physics goes, It's just about spot-on (in terms of actually being able to believably simulate) wheeled vehicles.

-Bullet damage, Damage is fine, penetration is not (5.56 needs a bit more umph, as does 6.5), it's the health system that's a little weird. I find this one funny because there's plenty of hitboxes to support a realistic medical system (it's almost like they want you to mod it, not like that has ever been one of the biggest selling points of their games or anything. You know, ArmA 2 and OA sold these past few years strictly for the vanilla experience, DayZ had nothing to do with it).

I'm sure there are people who would've been happy with Arma 3 if it had been arma 2 with a graphical update. However, I would like Arma 2 to be Arma 2 and for Arma 3 to be Arma 3. Release day for arma 3 was relatively bug free (it's a sandbox game, there will always be bugs of some sort). Arma 2 had some major gamebreaking bugs on release day. Everything that you listed isn't gamebreaking. If Bohemia were blatantly ignoring gamebreaking issues (like I've seen other companies do) bohemia would lose my support. However, here we are a year later and Arma 3 is a solid game. It has issues that are being addressed (mp-wise).

I think the thing that a lot of hard-core and older fans forget is that Bohemia is a business. At the end of the day they have to make a profit and meet deadlines. And while you are they're customer, and they should and do listen to your feedback, it's ultimately not your say what gets prioritized.

-PhysX, I'll admit, it needs some TLC, still, I'm glad vehicles don't just slide away from the rock you just ran into. Also, as far as vehicle physics goes, It's just about spot-on (in terms of actually being able to believably simulate) wheeled vehicles.

Vehicle physics are broken. A car exploding after barely touching a rock is unacceptable!

Vehicle physics are broken. A car exploding after barely touching a rock is unacceptable!

Proof? Why don't someone make a thread with all main problems listed (relevant tickets, videos, etc.)?

Arma 2 had some major gamebreaking bugs on release day.
For many players I know Arma 3 still has some "gamebreaking bugs": failed "futuristic" setting, retarded balancing, no proper medical system, screwed up damage system, tanks are worse than WW2-ones, empty copy-pasted cities, only one model of civilian, unplayable weapon sway, no weapon restring, wind doesn't affect projectiles and so on. Most of them bought Arma 3 but after more than a year none of us play it and it's not going to change until mods come and improve all this mess.
Yep, that's very annoying. Moreover as far as I know cars shouldn't explode at all. They might burn but not explode like HEAT round that kills everything in 5 meters. Edited by Semiconductor

It's more ethical of BIS to post a "Donation" link than this....DLC (?!)

I bet it will have more supporters that way.

This. But it's not a bad thing, I guess BIS will really test their new DLC politic this time.

It's a bad thing, because if they sell something useful they will make a lot more money than if they just put in some complex system just to get some donations.

off-topic, but vehicles still have quite a bit to go before they are anywhere near spot-on in terms of actually being able to believably simulate wheeled vehicles.

They still don't roll over properly or near the amount of times as they should. Not to mention magically flip themselves back when on their sides. suspension is another thing that on pretty much every vehicle seems far too stiff. They bounce and giggle nicely as you're driving on uneven ground, but there seems to be zero reaction from hitting humps and when you make a little air. You just land and done. no little bounce nothing. Grip also seems to be far to strong, there is absolutely no loss of grip in terms of the back wheels losing grip and sliding at high speeds. Or even wheels just spinning due to loss of friction.

Edited by Chompster

I probably was a little harsh blatantly calling you ignorant, however, when i don't find that information would come from a child, as i was basically reiterating the OP, backed up by a mathematical explanation of why one would think that the DLC is over priced, which i personally, don't care, as BIS, probably deserve it for pulling off those long sought for features.

Everything is relative. To call some DLC overpriced you have to at least name several examples when you get more for less money. Then you have to take into consideration weapon inertia, new helo physics, sling loading, etc, etc, and put two and two together - how many companies give such things for free. Mathematics, while is essential part of, but is not economy - it just doesn't work that way. Haven't you ever seen 15 bucks DLCs with just two new skins for a character? Or 20 bucks DLCs which only give you the ability to paint your ingame nickname purple and place some badge under your avatar on the forums? So I'll say again - everything is relative. Two helos for 12 bucks is a bit too much in relation to a 60 bucks game that contains much much more than 5 helos. But in relation to DLCs for other games it's not. In relation to all those HUGE, GAMEGHANGING new mechanics and features that you get for free it's not. But you already know it, as clearly seen from your words about "BIS, probably deserve it". So this issue is not about a hefty price, but more likely just a matter of point of view. I didn't know how to express my opinion on this properly, but guys here nudged me in the right direction - I too see it as a donation button, not a purchase of DLC. That's why I don't agree that it's overpriced - if anything, it should cost a little bit more.

Haven't you ever seen 15 bucks DLCs with just two new skins for a character? Or 20 bucks DLCs which only give you the ability to paint your ingame nickname purple and place some badge under your avatar on the forums? [...] In relation to all those HUGE, GAMEGHANGING new mechanics and features that you get for free it's not. But you already know it, as clearly seen from your words about "BIS, probably deserve it". So this issue is not about a hefty price, but more likely just a matter of point of view. I didn't know how to express my opinion on this properly, but guys here nudged me in the right direction - I too see it as a donation button, not a purchase of DLC. That's why I don't agree that it's overpriced - if anything, it should cost a little bit more.

Well, I do remember the TES : Oblivion DLC at the beginnings of the xbox360... You litteraly bought an armor for your horse at 7-10€^^ - but that was a long time ago...

To me the problem here, is that I don't see the gamechanging mechanics you refer to as being part of the DLC : as many mentionned, the current system looks like a donation system since the most crucial mechanics are made available to everyone.

That delusive distinction between "donation" and a product being sold is a problem : de facto, you still pay 13€ for two helos (and a bunch of useless missions & decorations).

Some are happy to pay to support Bohemia, fine. But not everyone is here since OFP, not everyone feel compeled to support Bohemia, especially new comers.

Saying "Yes, it's expensive & cheap at the same time (wtf?), but it is to support the game!" ain't helping the discussion here - besides, I really don't feel like Bohemia is in dire need of continual financial support from its customers...:rolleyes: