Sign in to follow this  
LordJarhead

JSRS: DragonFyre -- WIP Thread

Some questions - multiple choice! What do you use, what do you prefer?  

2655 members have voted

1. 1. Some questions - multiple choice! What do you use, what do you prefer?

• I use - Stereo Speakers/Headphones
    • I use - 5.1/7.1 Speakers
    • I prefer - More authentic sound
    • I prefer - More hollywood'ish sound
    • I like - The new progress shown in the videos
    • I like - JSRS2 more, keep it updated
    • It should - Be part of the Contest
    • It should - Not be part of the contest, make it for yourself and the community
    • I want - It now, release it unfinished
    • I want - It finished, take your time and release when its done and perfect

so LJ, if someone sets their weapons to use the base sounds of say the MX or Katiba, will it by default use the JSRS Dragonfyre sounds?

We've made it like this:

If the weapon has a Dragonfyre effect assigned, then this is used.

If it hasn't, it will check if there's an JSRS effect assigned and if this is the case, use it.

Meaning: DragonFyre Effects over JSRS effects.

If you want old mod weapons that had JSRS effects to have DFyre sound effects, the respective modders would have to make a new config.

But if they don't, no problem, the old JSRS effects will work! :)

We've made it like this:

If the weapon has a Dragonfyre effect assigned, then this is used.

If it hasn't, it will check if there's an JSRS effect assigned and if this is the case, use it.

Meaning: DragonFyre Effects over JSRS effects.

If you want old mod weapons that had JSRS effects to have DFyre sound effects, the respective modders would have to make a new config.

But if they don't, no problem, the old JSRS effects will work! :)

the reason i asked is because in the wip ACR mod by me and Atin the SA-58 uses the MX sound by default and without any special config worked with JSRS

the reason i asked is because in the wip ACR mod by me and Atin the SA-58 uses the MX sound by default and without any special config worked with JSRS

So you mean that you're just refering to the standard A3 sound?

If yes, then you'd have to make a seperate config for DragonFyre/JSRS since all weapons maximum distance have to be set to 130m.

Also, you'd have to assign the JSRS effects in this seperate config, take a look at HERE and check for "For Mod Authors, Important".

:)

So you mean that you're just refering to the standard A3 sound?

If yes, then you'd have to make a seperate config for DragonFyre/JSRS since all weapons maximum distance have to be set to 130m.

Also, you'd have to assign the JSRS effects in this seperate config, take a look at HERE and check for "For Mod Authors, Important".

:)

what i mean is that our SA-58V had no special configs yet when we used it with JSRS it somehow inherited the JSRS sounds for the MX

what i mean is that our SA-58V had no special configs yet when we used it with JSRS it somehow inherited the JSRS sounds for the MX

Well it would do as JSRS replaces the default MX sounds. So if you are using the MX sound for your SA-58V you will then get JSRS sound effects, quite simply really.

I'd wager that since you inherit off the MX without doing anything to change sounds, and that JSRS code overwrites the default MX sounds. So your SA-58 inherits that from the MX.

EDIT: Ninja'd by that pesky roadkill :p

vkNwINf4m0s

Another video showing a giant firefight in a city. Close range mostly.

LJ

vkNwINf4m0s

LJ

Oh my god! YES! YEES!!

I'm really happy we finally get to see a proper firefight!

I'd wager that since you inherit off the MX without doing anything to change sounds, and that JSRS code overwrites the default MX sounds. So your SA-58 inherits that from the MX.

EDIT: Ninja'd by that pesky roadkill :p

we have custom sounds for it, the ones from ArmA 2 mostly

we have custom sounds for it, the ones from ArmA 2 mostly

You said you inherit the default sounds from the MX. Sooo have you overwritten the default sounds with your own yet?

Then your weapon pretty sure inherits from the MX config-wise, I guess, since just changing the default sounds doesn't do anything :)

Edit: Argh, ninja'd by Slatts :D

:yay: The anticipation is killing me... One question in the video do you use a Track IR that you look away from your zoomed in scope like that?

vkNwINf4m0s

LJ

Sounds amazing man!!!!!11 Keep up the great work! :D

vkNwINf4m0s

LJ

I love it! The trackir motion made me a little nauseous though. I recommend a deadzone. Bullet snaps seem a bit toned down, too.

So, internal version 0.6 eh? I'm guess we'll see v1.0 in about 4 weeks :D

Great video, but yeah I agree that trackir stuff was like, woah....what the.. when watching.

Sounds are sounding much better than vanilla like always, the JSRS way

Hey guys,

I dont know whats wrong with my trackIR, its the way I always play hehe. But afterall you could just close your eyes, because SOUNDS is what we are here for ;) I thinking about uploading another video today with some more gameplay, less giant AI fights so. After all I was taking the critique by Tonci87 kinda serious and changed the SD sounds as those were still from JSRS2.2. What else.... oh yeah the vehicles. I'm still using alot of JSRS2.2 sounds for the vehicles as their were just perfect to me, its hard to beat them. Tho I was still able to tweak them a lot with the given material from you guys ;) So I might show some tank action next :)

Thanks for the nice feedback guys. ETA: Unclear. As I'm in version 0.6 I think lets say... 2 months ... at least!

LJ

ETA: Unclear. As I'm in version 0.6 I think lets say... 2 months ... at least!

I thinking about uploading another video today with some more gameplay

Would love to see some tanks, more of SD weapons, also from the receiving end would be great, as well as watching the firefight from a distance. If that can influence your video any ;)

Hey,

was thinking of releasing the Server Test Key so some admins can allow the mod on their servers and my testers maybe have some more severs and areas to test the mod in MP. ;)

LJ