Sign in to follow this  
LordJarhead

JSRS: DragonFyre -- WIP Thread

Some questions - multiple choice! What do you use, what do you prefer?  

2655 members have voted

1. 1. Some questions - multiple choice! What do you use, what do you prefer?

• I use - Stereo Speakers/Headphones
    • I use - 5.1/7.1 Speakers
    • I prefer - More authentic sound
    • I prefer - More hollywood'ish sound
    • I like - The new progress shown in the videos
    • I like - JSRS2 more, keep it updated
    • It should - Be part of the Contest
    • It should - Not be part of the contest, make it for yourself and the community
    • I want - It now, release it unfinished
    • I want - It finished, take your time and release when its done and perfect

Overall the mod is amazing! Even in 0.6 state, there are a lot of things going good so far. I love LJ's hard work that has gone into this mod, as well as the other members involved. ArmA 3 will never be the same! :)

Just uploaded another video showing the new APC sounds I'm trying to create. Sounds are based on Thrust Factor. I was driving with the Logitech RumblePad2.

M6xXe5BQi6E

LJ

that turbo....

BTW: THANKS again for all the donors so far! You guys help me so much with your donations and keep this being realized! THANKS! You guys are the best!!!

LJ

that turbo....

the whining you hear is the gearbox =P

the whining you hear is the gearbox =P

Never thought that a gearbox could be that loud, strongly reminds me a bit of the gear driven cams of my bike.

How far are vehicles audible now? Was always kinda bugged that you can't hear them from further away (especially when standing on a hill and the vehicle driving at full speed down on a road with no obstacles blocking the sound).

Absolutely impressed, keep up the good work!

Never thought that a gearbox could be that loud, strongly reminds me a bit of the gear driven cams of my bike.

There's 4 microwave-sized differentials and a huge gearbox bolted directly to the lower chassis, all the vibrations are directly lead to the frame, you can imagine how much noise they make.

Yeah, I imagine APC manufacturers don't really focus on a pleasant soundscape for the respective passengers, heh.

Yeah, I imagine APC manufacturers don't really focus on a pleasant soundscape for the respective passengers, heh.

Well, normally you dont take an APC for a vacation or a joy ride in the summer dawn^^ You going to war with those things... in that moment, you dont really care about the noise inside, you are just happy being in there, no matter how loud it is. :P

APCs and Tanks getting along pretty well so far. The thrust factor sounds were a good idea and I keep going with this. Will probably show you some progress today. Not thaaaaat far away from a release now I guess. The vehicles were my biggest trouble so far, but seeing how well they do come together so far, I'm really confident ;) Stay tuned guys :)

LJ

One thing came to my mind, are vehicle sounds affected by distance in the same manner as weapon sounds and explosions?

There there, the AMV even comes installed with an MP3 CD-player. :angel:

/ot

One thing came to my mind, are vehicle sounds affected by distance in the same manner as weapon sounds and explosions?

Nope. There is no delay at all.

LJ

That's up to Bohemia to fix, correct?

Yes!

Guys, dont forget about:

PLEASE VOTE FOR: Add the possibility of adding eventhandlers to ammunitions defined in cfgAmmo <- This would help me to realize certain features in JSRS DragonFyre, so please vote for this!

Without this being realized, JSRS3: DragonFyre wont be released. This maybe made it a bit more clear... we NEED this.

LJ

To make it a bit more clear guys. We REALLY need this.

Without that functionallity every spawned explosive won´t have any distance sound attached to it.

Zeus Artillery and Mortar Support?

No Distance Sounds!

Virtual Artillery in Missions?

No Distance Sounds!

Spawned Explosives?

No Distance sounds!

And so on.

JSRS 3: DF would ultimately "break" too many missions to be worth it if BIS doesn´t implement this. So vote for this Ticket and get your ass over to

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152866-General-Discussion-%28dev-branch%29

and

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160330-Scripting-Discussion-%28dev-branch%29

to tell the Devs about it.

Edited by Tonci87

Just a suggestion Lordy if you can't get this working, when i made the original distant effects script for gunfire, i was also faced with the same problem for distant sounds for explosions. I managed to get them working by adding a script activated thru a fake particle effect it was a bit of bodge. But basicly when the particle effect was generated it also ran a script which created the sound effect thru its "onTimerScript".

It wasnt perfect but i got it working in the end, you could try the same method if all else fails. Just that all my modwork is tightly connected together, the soundmod,AI settings and Particle Effects all worked together to work as one package you see, this is why i never released a soundmod myself or some of the other mods i personally use, apart from the particle effects and some others which can be edited quickly for others to use. Another thing is im not sure how this would work for you, as you would need to setup your own dummy particle effects which could end up conflicting with my effects. :(

Edit: I no longer work on the soundmod that much and ended up disabling pretty much all script activated effects, when A3 was released i began using the built-in effects which change the actual sound itself. Have you tried playing with those settings? you can get some pretty interesting results.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Just a suggestion Lordy if you can't get this working, when i made the original distant effects script for gunfire, i was also faced with the same problem for distant sounds for explosions. I managed to get them working by adding a script activated thru a fake particle effect it was a bit of bodge. But basicly when the particle effect was generated it also ran a script which created the sound effect thru its "onTimerScript".

It wasnt perfect but it worked, you could try the same method if all else fails. Just that all my modwork is tightly connected together, the soundmod,AI settings and Particle Effects all worked together to work as one package you see, this is why i never released a soundmod myself or some of the other mods i personally use, apart from the particle effects and some others which can be edited quickly for others to use. Another thing is im not sure how this would work for you, as you would need to setup your own dummy particle effects which could conflict with my effects. :(

Hey OS ;)

yeah I hope BIS is really consider this feature. After all, maybe lets get this over to a private convo and share the two mods (DragonFyre and Phoenix) and see if we would end up with any kind of problems. After all, DFyre+Phoenix seems to be the KeyCombination people are aiming for, even if both of those mods are not even released yet, not even have an ETA yet hehe

LJ

That sounds great, either way I look forward to seeing and trying both mods especially your sound mod, although A3 sound has improved over A2 I feel it's still a bit 'lame' in certain areas, maybe lame is a bit harsh :)

Yes!

Guys, dont forget about:

PLEASE VOTE FOR: Add the possibility of adding eventhandlers to ammunitions defined in cfgAmmo <- This would help me to realize certain features in JSRS DragonFyre, so please vote for this!

Without this being realized, JSRS3: DragonFyre wont be released. This maybe made it a bit more clear... we NEED this.

LJ

I will personally grab a torch, pitchfork, and strap a banner to my back with the JSRS DF logo and riot outside the doors of BI's Czech office until this is done.

Looks great, and I am very excited, but is it just me or does rifle report echo seem over done on the bigger calibers?

This is fucking awesome. No seriously, the sounds are simply amazing.

I love the impact sounds of the tank shells.

The engine and driving sounds are amazing, too. And I know what you mean, vehicles in Arma 3 have such oddly reacting gearboxes. Also, in many cases the engine sound doesn't fit to the actual engine utilization in the vanilla game. It's actually a shame.

But don't beat yourself up because of that, I would guess it's almost impossible to get 100% perfectly fitting real life driving sounds if the vehicles, gearboxes and engine utilization don't work and behave in the game like they do in real life.

There may be a few exceptions like the Marshall which I guess is having a CVT transmission, but most of the Arma 3 vehicles just don't work and drive realistically and it shows in their sound effects. So I guess that's something you can't fix without fixing the basis of how vehicles drive and behave.

You also increased the distance small arms fire can be heard, right? I'm fucking loving it. How far were you away from that town at the end?

Hey OS ;)

After all, DFyre+Phoenix seems to be the KeyCombination people are aiming for, even if both of those mods are not even released yet, not even have an ETA yet hehe

You are not kidding!

Lj + os for the win!

pheonix dragon fyre

Christ, that's all I need. LJ knocking on my virtual door on skype telling me we need a new combo logo next. :p

Lovin' these sounds, man! The new explosions are pretty badass.

Edited by Gutsnav