Sign in to follow this  
LordJarhead

JSRS: DragonFyre -- WIP Thread

Some questions - multiple choice! What do you use, what do you prefer?  

2655 members have voted

1. 1. Some questions - multiple choice! What do you use, what do you prefer?

• I use - Stereo Speakers/Headphones
    • I use - 5.1/7.1 Speakers
    • I prefer - More authentic sound
    • I prefer - More hollywood'ish sound
    • I like - The new progress shown in the videos
    • I like - JSRS2 more, keep it updated
    • It should - Be part of the Contest
    • It should - Not be part of the contest, make it for yourself and the community
    • I want - It now, release it unfinished
    • I want - It finished, take your time and release when its done and perfect

can't you make the sounds overlap by using two of them i nteh transition states? not sure if this will half the performance though.

Yeah that would be not the best solution for the performance which is important with the new massiv scripts. Tho the idea was good but you would notice that with the new sounds since they are really different compared to each other. Tho all the players who played with DFyre already told me there was no problem with the current script...

You requested some more tank videos in the JSRS thread. Tanks are meaty beasts!

Dude, THANKS man, I love ya :D Really great!

LJ

Hello there, I am not sure if these would be of much help but the Japanese Self Defense Force hold a few annual public live fire events. Many of them are captured with pretty high quality cameras. I don't know if the sound is useable but if you search youtube for 'JSDF fuji firepower' or '1st Airborne Brigade new year's descent review' there are many videos. Fuji Firepower is more armor based where as the new year's descent review is for Japan's airborne battalion. I think the loud speakers might be an issue but maybe you can work some magic on that.

Here is an example of what i mean-

Fuji Firepower:

Airborne Review:

Thanks.

TokyoIndia

Wow man, IMO these belong to the best sound quality category for youtube videos.

Edit : I didn't know that the japanese bought some leopards...

Edited by Artisanal

Wow man, IMO these belong to the best sound quality category for youtube videos.

Ah the one that looks like the Leopard is the Type 90, its a indigenous design which is a little smaller than a leopard. But i agree its profile is similar,

it uses the same 120 mm gun as the Leopard and Abrams.

Ah the one that looks like the Leopard is the Type 90, its a indigenous design which is a little smaller than a leopard. But i agree its profile is similar,

it uses the same 120 mm gun as the Leopard and Abrams.

As usually the japs copy and pastes their stuff :P Nah joke. Its always good to use the best and make it better I think. Thats what they tried to do here. And if it works out in the end they did the best they could do. Thanks for the videos guys, those are really good.

LJ

Those are not Leopard tanks but Typ 90.

Are you planning to do some more effects for tank crews? Especially if a shot is fired? Right now it's rather boring.

Are you planning to do some more effects for tank crews? Especially if a shot is fired? Right now it's rather boring.

This would be awesome, more immersive sounds in vehicles would definitely improve the experience

Those are not Leopard tanks but Typ 90.

Thank you very much. Downloaded ;) Will use them for sure... ;)

LJ

Wow, amazing work Jarhead, simply stunning. I must ask, do you currently have a job in the audio/game industry? If not someone should totally hire you, this is exceptional. Eat your heart out Battlefield :P!

Wow, amazing work Jarhead, simply stunning. I must ask, do you currently have a job in the audio/game industry? If not someone should totally hire you, this is exceptional. Eat your heart out Battlefield :P!

No I dont. Actually I'm on a lookout for a job tho I'm pretty sure that I wont find myself in the audio/game industry because of missing qualification. At least in germany you are just worth the numbers on a paper here :(

LJ

The Japanese don't buy any military hardware from other nations. They are banned from purchasing foreign hardware by their constitution that was setup after WW2. They can however build their own which is why they have Mitsubishi made Apaches. They are trying to amend this.

And i am so looking forward to playing with JSRS Dragonfrye. It sounds more realistic than 2.2 and balances out things that SOS was missing.

No I dont. Actually I'm on a lookout for a job tho I'm pretty sure that I wont find myself in the audio/game industry because of missing qualification. At least in germany you are just worth the numbers on a paper here :(

LJ

Others must have already asked you this, but have you thought about applying at BI?

Others must have already asked you this, but have you thought about applying at BI?

No I never did. Pretty sure that would be pointless. In fact I DO kinda work for them with this sound mods I apply. So I work for them wihtout them paying me :P I got in contact with their QA a year ago or so but he seemed to thougt I'm not qualified enough :)

he should at least do some freelance work for BI

Which is kinda what I do already by providing JSRS ;)

LJ

not qualified enough....... are they joking?

funny how pretty much 95% of the arma community prefer JSRS over BI sounds..

on another note... JSRS and blastcore :D

Edited by tyl3r99

Welcome to the real world, it's extremely difficult to get a job in a big company without a degree.

But anyway, I want to wish you the best in the hunt for a job LJ, hope you find what you like.

Also, eagerly waiting for DragonFyre.

Welcome to the real world, it's extremely difficult to get a job in a big company without a degree.

But anyway, I want to wish you the best in the hunt for a job LJ, hope you find what you like.

Also, eagerly waiting for DragonFyre.

Thanks mate. And yes, thats true what you said. Tho, if I dont try I wont find out if it might work, so I thinking of applying to BI. Then I can say I at least tried :P And they can't do much more then just say NO ;)

And Thanks for all the donor so far. You guys are great. I will invest the money in a new system I currently really need. And due to my bad situation with my job search I dont have any money left over to invest in my hobbies. So I say THANK YOU again for all of you who want to help me out of my misery :P

LJ

BaHahah this. Surely bis should be giving lordjar, some head?. .. Jsrs has been a cornerstone of arma2/3 . Here is an analogy to some it up nicely...Vanilla sounds It's like a girl who has been pricked by a small penis. then jsrs mod sounds is like she is suddenly being stooped by a stallion.

From the vanilla sounds quaility.... I gots to know what cereal box comes with one of these " qualifications" for a bis sound guy. No offense bis guys loving the church bells, bless the little scamps...

Damn, wished I had money to donate to you. Got nothin' but I wish you good luck and fortune in the development of this ear-gasmic mod. Almost went deaf in the weapons demonstration vid.

I think BI should invite you to make part of their sound team, your job is amazing! Good luck!

Thanks alot guys!

Really cool getting such feedback lately. Really pushing up the motivation to go on with this project ;) And thanks alot to all who donate to me, you guys ARE THE BEST!

LJ