batto

Ukraine General

On another note, would you mind answering why the folks in Kiev can't organize soup kitchens without covert support from the EU, when the "Crimeans" can build an all dimensions professional army in secret? I think you missed it, since there's probably a super convincing, sensible explanation for it, right?

Already done this, please read my posts earlier.

It would do Russia good to learn a lesson from Ukraine by Garry Kasparov

- - - - - - - - -

Well its supposed to be a " little green man ". In that forums they say that could be from an Alpha unit, armed with Russian made rifle or an AR.

But IMO nothing indicates that it could be an actual Crimean photo. That photo could perfectly be a PMC in Irak.

This one on the other side it's interesting ( what seems to be a former Ukrainian seal from the military covered with a painted Russian flag ).

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=215833&d=1394594215

Edited by MistyRonin

http://www.polskieradio.pl/5/3/Artykul/1073371,Turczynow-nie-bedzie-interwencji-Ukrainy-na-Krymie

"Ukrainian army will not intervene in the Crimea, to prevent the annexation of the peninsula by Russia - said in an interview with the French agency AFP acting President of Ukraine Oleksandr Turczynow, who is also the chairman of the Ukrainian parliament."

Strategically wise, I think.

"Ukrainian army is in a tragic state. Admitted that the authorities themselves in Kiev, which announced the organization of the National Guard, which is designed to help the military.

Acting defense minister said Ihor Teniuch in the Verkhovna Rada, the state of the army is very bad. The number of ground troops is 41,000, of which a constant preparedness should be half, and it is only 6000."

Tragic indeed.

"According to the Defence, on the eastern border of Russia focuses 220,000 soldiers. At the Crimea about 19,000. Resort explains the fact that the reason for the passivity of the Ukrainian army is not only its weakness, but also that Moscow does not recognize officially that the troops on the peninsula belong to Russia. The use of force can be evaluated as an aggression against his own people. In addition, Ukraine has no plans to counter the Russian troops. Such a possibility was not foreseen."

---------- Post added at 11:18 ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 ----------

http://wiadomosci.dziennik.pl/wydarzenia/artykuly/453136,polska-zabiega-o-wiecej-wojsk-usa.html

"Polish Ambassador in Washington Ryszard Schnepf said that Poland is seeking to increase the U.S. military presence in our country. Referral to Polish the U.S. to exercise 12 F-16 fighters and 300 soldiers ambassador Schnepf called a significant gesture.

(...) The U.S. government responded positively"

Edited by Rydygier

Yeah, thats why i've updated post.

Ah, I read is as one and the same post. My mistake then :o

Speaking of which, has Yanukovitch actually said anything about what he thinks about Crimea, or has he only been talking about himself being the president?

Well, having in mind that the Berkut have been treated like attack dogs. First manipulated and trained as a political police to fight all kind of opposition with strong violence. Being hated all around for that, as media showed their actions all over the world.

Then abandoned by their own boss, who run away to Russia. Having to escape because of being threatened ( and I guess their families too ), because of their shameful actions in the past demonstrations.

Now living as an illegal occupation force in a little region, having lost almost all their power, and probably close to a full war against the people that they use to bully.

I can understand why they act like that. Remember that for starters they were no much more than bullies, and now they more than probably are paranoid and full of hate against all the media and anything that is not Russian ( the only ones who still can bear them ).

What they have done is scare the hell of that journalist to discourage them to report anything about Crimea. Obviously the fact that they were from UK and US, has prevented a more strong action.

It's quite a standard in all the world, that kind of aggressions to journalist to prevent the truth. It's part of their job, specially in conflict zones. And sometimes the result is death.

I think what prevented a more strong rection was that the camera man got away with the footage. If those Berkut idiots would have suceeded in taking them both they sure as hell would have sent them to Sewastopol for intensive questioning. As the cameraman got away with footage clearly showing the incident they had to release the other guy.

Oh wow, Spooky I don't know if this is funny or rather sad lol you did the exact same thing 5 years ago. I slowly start to think you and the hackers who did that are the same person :D if not, than I'm again impressed by the general mentality over there, considering radicalsm and nazis numbers in Russia are higher than anywhere else on this planet. What makes it even more redicilous. Not to mention all those violent wannabe Hells Angel gangs.

The Ukrainian army can only field it's top military assets and most of it's mechanized force. The bulk of soldiers is heavily limited though. They wouldn't be physicaly able to take Crimea even if they dropped all their troops on the island at once. Yep, guessed correctly that's the main reason why they hesitate.

Edited by Comm_Yuri

Already done this, please read my posts earlier.

I know, I was just interested in seeing if you'd come up with a new response, that doesn't contain obvious conspiracy theories and completely irrelevant statements.

Edited by scrim

http://www.polskieradio.pl/5/3/Artykul/1073371,Turczynow-nie-bedzie-interwencji-Ukrainy-na-Krymie

Acting defense minister said Ihor Teniuch in the Verkhovna Rada, the state of the army is very bad. The number of ground troops is 41,000, of which a constant preparedness should be half, and it is only 6000."

Not only that... 5000 from them will change side in a first 2 hours..

Edited by AKM74

Not only that... 5000 from it will change side in a first 2 hours..

From what i've read or heard recently, even Russian- speaking Ukrainians are very patriotic, and not very fond of what Russia is doing ATM.

From what i've read or heard recently, even Russian- speaking Ukrainians are very patriotic, and not very fond of what Russia is doing ATM.

Yes, they are. And that's reason why they will do it.

Yeah, you do realize you're making wildly sweeping statements about a very large group of people, none of whom you've actually met?

A bit of humor from the heart of Russia

I don't want to disappoint you, but all Times (Moscow, Saint-Petersburg) newspapers usually lie for free in various bars, coffeshops, etc for months and nobody reads them. Not because of "patriotic-propaganda of evil Putin" but because they publish ultra-boring out-of-day nonsense. Besides they are in English -)

I don't want to disappoint you, but all Times (Moscow, Saint-Petersburg) newspapers usually lie for free in various bars, coffeshops, etc for months and nobody reads them. Not because of "patriotic-propaganda of evil Putin" but because they publish ultra-boring out-of-day nonsense. Besides they are in English -)

I know it's for free, and that being in English make it almost non read. But its still humor and from the heart of Russia, which was the whole point.

If it were widely read, it would somehow been forbid.

Is there info about them?

Users of militaryphotos.net found that the rifle is Ukrainian-made Z-15 (AR-clone). Vests are also locally made. So it seems that these guys are locals.

ROFL, Christ! Are you even trying any longer Lynx? "Someone on this forum said that they are actually locals, so that is undeniably the case".