batto

Ukraine General

That's another example of what makes healthy the western media ( and as a consequence, their democracies ), that you can find and access to all kinds of opinions, even the really minority ones, so the readers can make up their own view of what's happening. Some divergence is even encouraged, to have broader opinions.

Edited by MistyRonin
orthography

I want to know why Russia is being so threatening to the Ukraine military in general, why are they demanding them disarm when they claim to be there on peace keeping operations, why are there a bunch of untagged Russian soldiers running around in Russian vehicles with Russian paint schemes, why are Russia politicians saying they aren't Russian soldiers?

From what I know at first Russia is not being threatening to all Ukraine military. In most cases it's neutral-to-friendly attitude. At second, there were already some weapon depots raided and seized by Svolota and Pravy sektor gangs in western part of the country, nobody could prevent this because far-right groups threaten families of servicemen. And we can not blame them chosing safety of their relatives upon safety of arsenals. So we have to control them in Crimea by ourselves to prevent weapon stealing and armed provocations by far-right groups. Regarding untagged Russian soldiers... If you look at them more carefully, you may see that they are armed and equipped too good. And behave more like tacticool. Even GRU troops now have not so many up-to-date gear and weapons. So it seems that those 'polite men' are nothing but PMC using loaned vehicles from our army.

BTW...:)

Edit:

Crimean self-defence forces prevented provocation by Spilno-TV journalists, found phone lost bo one of journalist with interesting phone numbers of some foreigners and opinion about Saki's town monuments.

Appeal of Ukrainian soldier

Edited by Spooky Lynx

This! Russian youth taking law in their hands when dealing with drug dealers, immigrants and homosexuals, ignored by police, supported by officials.

>inb4 it's good thing

No it's not.

issue is that Russians accept what Putin says as true and not accept what Hodokovsky said, while he said "not more than"

so lets add how much Zyrinovsky has votes ? he has11 %, how much have commies who still praise killer Stalin 20% ?

total it is over 30%

and indeed , Hodorkovsky said truth, in Russia you have 3 times more extremists in parliament than in Ukraine , extremists in Russian parliament is over 30% , but Russia say about 10% of Ukrainian nationalists, probably in Russian thinking pro-Russian nationalist is not nationalist, it is something normal, when Russian troops invade any land it is not invasion but defense (looking at egoistic and imperialistic point of view denying any crimes and responsibility for those),

so let's look at Zyrinovsky , who is vice chariman on Russian parliament, this guy says that Russia should invade Poland and Finland and return to borders from year 1900 ! he also says that Ukrainians should be deported to Alaska

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Zhirinovsky

this guy who want to invade countries near Russia has 11% of votes in Russia , communists who do not see Stalin as biggest world criminal have 20%

and they dare to say about few percent of Nazis in Ukraine

---------- Post added at 08:56 ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 ----------

http://wiadomosci.onet.pl/swiat/ukraina-szesc-osob-porwanych-na-krymie/xzbzl

6 Ukrainians kindapped by Rssians in Crimea

Edited by vilas

SYBERIA , people deported by USSR in 1939-1941 were slaves working in syberia, building for example Syberian railway line and etc.

Isn't loss of some hundreds of thousands Soviet soldiers lives in Poland during liberation from Reich not enough for compensation?

if Stalin not invaded and backstabbed Poland or not refused British air support we would liberate ourselves also Russians not moved back to USSR territory in 1944, but took near 80 000 km2 from us and later murdered many Poles in 50s,

i see that you were grown on Soviet books propaganda saying that Soviets brought freedom, this is just propaganda, as nowadays Putin's propaganda,

Stalin was no acting to kill Hitler and move back to his borderline from 1939 , Stalin wanted to get half of Europe under his hand, not to bring them freedom,

some history:

my country was invaded and occupied by Russia from 1790s till 1914 (WW1) during this occupation lot of people were forced to work on Syberia, Kazakstan and etc. by Tsar

than in 1918 when we get independence Soviet Union attacked us and there was Polish-Soviet war till 1920,

so as you see for ages Russia was not respecting other nations right to independence, freedom

after WW2 a lot of people in my country were murdered for political reasons, a lot of those who fought Nazis as AK (Home Army, Armia Krajowa) were imprisoned, tortured, killed, leading in this were Soviet officers send to Poland in 1944 , till 1947 we had almost civil war cause new communistic regime was fighting all not-communistic parties, people lost property and etc.

so if you think that Russian soldiers just came to beat Hitler, than you should read more sources,

Stalin first attacked Poland 17 09 1939 when we fought with Hitler, he invaded our back, cause he had agreement with Nazis ( Ribbentropp-Molotov agreement from August 1939, when USSR with Third Reich decided BOTH to attack Poland)

Stalin wanted to take half Europe,

till 1941 he was not taking care about any Polish freedom, USSR was occupant , i would call USSR liberator when USSR in 1945 would return back to borderline from 1939 and left people here to choose their own government instead of torturing them from 1944-1956

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ministry_of_Public_Security_(Poland)

http://www.communistcrimes.org/en/Database/Poland/Poland-Communist-Era

so USSR was no liberating to give us freedom, but was simply another invader that replaced previous invader, Stalin intention was not freedom, Stalin intention was occupation too

till 1941 he was not taking care about any Polish freedom, USSR was occupant , i would call USSR liberator when USSR in 1945 would return back to borderline from 1939 and left people here to choose their own government instead of torturing them from 1944-1956

Well said.

This so called liberation... My region where I live was famous for it's cement. Since 1900-1945 there were 10-15 cement plants producing quality cement used for building of most finest buildings. When soviets came, they plundered aka "liberated" the machinery first and killing the personnel who could used it, plundered everything including railroad tracks. When people came, who wanted to relaunch the production of needed cement - they met burned insides and empty walls with revolutionary slogans on it. There is much more and much violent examples ranging from plundering to wild barbarism and genocide. In region of Silesia old people, those who survived say - it was worse than in hell.

Russia was never short sighted. It was not about the so called liberation, it was about taking as much as possible in order to take the best positions for future revolutionary war that was supposed to reach the shores of Atlantic.

Same with the Crimea, it's not about a peninsule, it's about something bigger - the whole Ukraine and other post-soviet republics. Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Moldova will be next in line.

Isn't loss of some hundreds of thousands Soviet soldiers lives in Poland during liberation from Reich not enough for compensation?

So, crimes against humanity should be revenged ("compensated") by doing more crimes against humanity?

I'm afraid that change an imperialist dictatorship for another, while killing a good amount of locals and stealing them, is not "liberate".

That while in jail they change the warden, doesn't change the fact that you are still in jail.

Edited by MistyRonin
orthography

Same with the Crimea, it's not about a peninsule, it's about something bigger - the whole Ukraine and other post-soviet republics. Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Moldova will be next in line.

Why should we need to occupy Moldova if descent part of its population already works here? We don't need another failed region with ruined economy and half-poor population that is infected with mad nationalism since 90's. The same goes to Baltic states. Let EU rebuild their failed economies instead of us. Thanks, we have more friendly regions to invest our money in. Crimea, for example.

BTW I'm always surprised with constant incoherence of those who cry about bloody Soviet occupations and fecking commies that drove their countries (including post-Soviet) to hell. They destroy monuments, rename streets and cities, forbid Soviet era symbols but always forget about territorial additions that were given to them by that pesky commies... If you are planning de-sovetization then why don't you ban some laws like those regulated transfer of territories from RSFSR to USSR? Or why don't you return former Polish territories added in 1939? All this was done by bloody commies, why don't you correct their mistakes?

Why should we need to occupy Moldova if descent part of its population already works here? We don't need another failed region with ruined economy and half-poor population that is infected with mad nationalism since 90's. The same goes to Baltic states. Let EU rebuild their failed economies instead of us. Thanks, we have more friendly regions to invest our money in. Crimea, for example.

BTW I'm always surprised with constant incoherence of those who cry about bloody Soviet occupations and fecking commies that drove their countries (including post-Soviet) to hell. They destroy monuments, rename streets and cities, forbid Soviet era symbols but always forget about territorial additions that were given to them by that pesky commies... If you are planning de-sovetization then why don't you ban some laws like those regulated transfer of territories from RSFSR to USSR? Or why don't you return former Polish territories added in 1939? All this was done by bloody commies, why don't you correct their mistakes?

Polish territories added in 1939? Thats cute. Maybe you should read something about history. Poland lost lots of territory because of ww2.

Then why keeping contingent of troops in Transdniestr region, why it's so important. A land that lies along the river away from any ports, with hammer and sickle on it's flag.

Were where you in school or maybe you had a different version of history, more favorable? You speak about additions forgetting about important historical lands that were taken from Poland. Polish pre-war lands with it's people, which were more important economically and culturally since centuries, than added lands taken from Germans with transplantation of whole populace. People didn't ask for Stettin or Breslau and for that statues or Lenin and other scumbags with blood on their hands should be celebrated because of?

This pretty much sounds like this old soviet mantra repeated in propaganda books here during last century. You obviously don't have a sense what you're talking about. I thought the eastern style of thinking changed a bit, but I was wrong.

Meanwhile. Yanukovych new press conference will be held on Tuesday afternoon in Rostov-Don (11 Mar). He also stated that he will not take part in new elections and elections will be illegal, because he still counts as president.

Edited by Sudayev
more

At least Transdenstr population is mainly Russian and doesn't like mottos like "Chicken is not a bird, cossack is not a human". And does not force anybody to be Romanian and be part of Romania.

As for the Polish territory, well, it got some during 1919-1921 war but failed to make a plan of Pilsudsky to recreate Greater Poland in borders of 1772, lost some in 1939.

At least Transdenstr population is mainly Russian and doesn't like mottos like "Chicken is not a bird, cossack is not a human". And does not force anybody to be Romanian and be part of Romania.

As for the Polish territory, well, it got some during 1919-1921 war but failed to make a plan of Pilsudsky to recreate Greater Poland in borders of 1772, lost some in 1939.

But no wonder than most of the exsoviet countries hate Russia, after being invaded by them and ruled as satellites. And even the laws issued by the USSR that may have favored them were not decided by them.

I don't know, your speech remembers me of the British or the Spanish when they colonized America, Africa and Asia, with the excuse that as other cultures were to weaker or inferior, they had to be ruled by a stronger power. And assuming that all the things they did were to favor them.

If people don't like Russia, Russians, throw communist statues that they say as a sign of oppression, burn Russian flags, etc. What you should do is talk to them and tell them that you care about them, that you respect them as equals, and that you'll help them. Not bully or invade them, or you are only gonna make things worst.

Russian gov is full of everyone that is not in our side are enemies, hence nazis. When the only ones that are behaving in that way are them.

Edited by MistyRonin

But no wonder than most of the exsoviet countries hate Russia, after being invaded by them and ruled as satellites. And even the laws issued by the USSR that may have favored them were not decided by them.

Then why large part of ex-Soviet countries population preferred to work in hated Russia or even moved here for permanent residency after their glorious countries failed? Why hadn't they all moved to lightful Europe? I assure you, we will survive without them. So let them not live in hated damned Russia, let them either live at their homelands and develop their own countries or move to EU, okay?

And regarding satellites, you are 'slightly' wrong, you'd better study budget flows in USSR and look at average town in RSFSR and compare it to the same in Georgia, Baltics or other 'satellites'.

I don't know, your speech remembers me of the British or the Spanish when they colonized America, Africa and Asia, with the excuse that as other cultures were to weaker or inferior, they had to be ruled by a stronger power. And assuming that all the things they did were to favor them.

The same rhetorics I see from Washington D.C. and Bruxelles.

If people don't like Russia, Russians, throw communist statues that they say as a sign of oppression, burn Russian flags, etc. What you should do is talk to them and tell them that you care about them, that you respect them as equals, and that you'll help them. Not bully or invade them, or you are only gonna make things worst.

Such talks resulted in full-scale attacks on Russian population in Transnistria, when people were killed just for being non-supporters of idea of anschluss with Romania. Such talks resulted in motto "Georgia - only for Georgians" and tanks, artillery and aviation used to shut those who don't agree with it. Such talks resulted in thousands of Russians and Ukrainians massacred in Tajikistan. Such talks resulted in unrests and thousands of refugees from Azerbaycan (my aunt was among them). Such talks resulted in massacre of Russians and Ukrainians in Chechnya and billboards "Russians, don't go away! We need slaves and prostitutes!". Believe me, maybe in cosy Europe conflicts between Swedes and Finns may be solved by talks but in other places such thing may not work, unfortunately.

Then why large part of ex-Soviet countries population preferred to work in hated Russia or even moved here for permanent residency after their glorious countries failed? Why hadn't they all moved to lightful Europe?

That's why in Russia you have a 7,7% of immigration while in most of the western Europe, the rate is from 10 to 16.

And why for example in Spain you can find whole villages with former soviet countries.

I don't like to make assumptions, but you haven't traveled much outside Russia. Have you?

Just as a data so you can judge, the average salary by country is way higher in western Europe than in Russia. In fact even ex soviet countries like Poland or Estonia have better salaries. Not even that, but the countries that are doing worst economically like Spain or Greece have better salaries...

And regarding satellites, you are 'slightly' wrong, you'd better study budget flows in USSR and look at average town in RSFSR and compare it to the same in Georgia, Baltics or other 'satellites'.

Yeah, I've heard that a lot of times before... The funny think if that were even true, why the Baltics and Georgia, etc. are not begging to enter in Russia, but they want to distance from it.

The same rhetorics I see from Washington D.C. and Bruxelles.

If any european ruler would say something like that, he would be sacked, and probably judged.

Believe me, maybe in cosy Europe conflicts between Swedes and Finns may be solved by talks but in other places such thing may not work, unfortunately.

Yeah I can see how the Russian system works. Your gov is creating more hate against Russians in every day that pass; and that can only end badly. Prompting more attacks against Russians citizens and interests. And believe me, for more nukes and soldiers that Russia may have, the rest of the world can beat them ( same happens with the bully politics of the US, but at least they try to clean their image a bit ).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

( RIA Novosti ) Kiev Plans No Troop Deployment in Crimea - Minister

I've my doubts about that...

Edited by MistyRonin
Orthography

Don't forget middle Europe. I'm so sorry for your nationalistic feelings being hurt so much. I wish Russia was great and respected empire ruling weaker countries once again so folks with pure Russian blood like you would feel important again :').

Appeal of Ukrainian soldier

Is that a new trend in Russian army ? taking uniforms from foreign troops ? first Georgian and now Ukrainian ? hope at least they didn't take it from a corpse .... some 50 border guards are reported to be missing ( official version captured by Russian troops ).

Btw, I bet Russian troops get Ukrainian military patches issued to act like "local defence forces".

Edited by Comm_Yuri

That's why in Russia you have a 7,7% of immigration while in most of the western Europe, the rate is from 10 to 16.

And why for example in Spain you can find whole villages with former soviet countries.

I don't like to make assumptions, but you haven't traveled much outside Russia. Have you?

I've been only in former USSR republics.

It's not surprise that there are more immigrants in Europe - Africa and Middle East are closer to it. And here you can find not only whole villages inhabited for example by newly arrived Azeris, but also some city districts.

Yeah, I've heard that a lot of times before... The funny think if that were even true, why the Baltics and Georgia, etc. are not begging to enter in Russia, but they want to distance from it.

You're right about Baltics but as for average Georgians - I don't agree. Many of them moved here or work for season, many of Georgian residents (mainly mature ones, not teenagers or above 30) think of Russia and joint country warmly (Georgia was one of the richest USSR republics).

If any european ruler would say something like that, he would be sacked, and probably judged.

European rulers and media outlets constantly criticize current Russian culture, labeling it not modern, too untolerant etc. I don't even mention all that craepstorm before Olympic games, all that games bashing. Had anyone been sacked or judged? Nope. And I don't even mention that constant flow of hypocrisy regarding separatism and borders (Kosovo and Macedonia Albanians, Chechens have rights to fight for their independence but Abhasians, Artsah Armenians and Transnistria Russians - not, borders of pro-West Georgia and Ukraine must be respected and separatism must not be tolerated but former Yugoslavia may be ripped apart into pieces and so on).

Yeah I can see how the Russian system works. Your gov is creating more hate against Russians in every day that pass; and that can only end badly. Prompting more attacks against Russians citizens and interests. And believe me, for more nukes and soldiers that Russia may have, the rest of the world can beat them ( same happens with the bully politics of the US, but at least they try to clean their image a bit ).

Like it or not, but it works indeed. At least we don't have internal rebellion openly supported and welcomed by foreign countries anymore, prevented another attempt to solve separatism problems by brutal force in nearby country, other countries now respect our interests much more than in 'democratic and truly free' early 90's. And at least we don't have such huge acts of terror as in 90's - early 2000's.

---------- Post added at 20:45 ---------- Previous post was at 20:38 ----------

Don't forget middle Europe. I'm so sorry for your nationalistic feelings being hurt so much. I wish Russia was great and respected empire ruling weaker countries once again so folks with pure Russian blood like you would feel important again :').

Fail. I'm Ukrainian for a half:p

Is that a new trend in Russian army ? taking uniforms from foreign troops ? first Georgian and now Ukrainian ? hope at least they didn't take it from a corpse .... some 50 border guards are reported to be missing ( official version captured by Russian troops ).

Btw, I bet Russian troops get Ukrainian military patches issued to act like "local defence forces".

Oh sure, opinion that does not suit your point of view means it is "Kremlin propaganda", "taking uniforms from foreign troops" etc. I'm surprised you hadn't called this guy titushka.

Well, watch another one 'captured uniform'.

Disgusting.

And what liberation? The one where you invaded the independent Poland and annexed half of it in collaboration with the Nazis (funny how you Russians forget about that every WW2 is mentioned), or the one where you kicked out the Nazis, executed the members of the Polish resistance, yet again annexed land that you never had a claim on, and then proceeded to occupy the country for about 10 times as long as the Nazis did?

And for that "favour", you would be entitled to commit horrendous crimes against humanity towards the Poles?

You still wonder why it is that no one mentions Russia when the liberation of Europe from the Nazis is talked of?

Like it or not, but it works indeed. At least we don't have internal rebellion openly supported and welcomed by foreign countries anymore, prevented another attempt to solve separatism problems by brutal force in nearby country, other countries now respect our interests much more than in 'democratic and truly free' early 90's. And at least we don't have such huge acts of terror as in 90's - early 2000's.

Lynx you are a good example how people like you try to turn around your own crimes/mistakes and shoot into your own knee with your own statements like a suicide bomber.

First of all, it is a fact that you solved ( try to solve ) internal problems with every available military assets you posess ( in exception of carpet bombing, but even including ballistic short range missiles (!) ), taking absolutly no regard to the lifes of hundreds of thousands of innocents in your own country. You condemn the use of force in your "troublesome little neighbour countries", while causing a massacre with BM-21 grad battalions over several days and weeks, destroying entire towns and killing thousands. If that wasn't enough, you deploy your military and have a full out war against the people who want their independence and fight them for some 20 years, while at the same time, you support the same seperatism you fight in your own country, in other countries and make them instable. How more contradicting and retarded can your actions become ? "suit POV" no, it's cold facts on hand and you still live desillusioned and insult others with your funny paradox behaviour and arguments. How can you even talk like that without any 2nd thought ?

Edited by Comm_Yuri

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Zhirinovsky this man has 11% votes in parliament of Russia , read his thesis = Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Poland and Finland should not exist and Ukrainians should be deported to Alaska , Russians vote for him , in Poland such guys who have such ideas never cross more than 1-2% and not meet 5% barrier to parliament

I've been only in former USSR republics.

It's not surprise that there are more immigrants in Europe - Africa and Middle East are closer to it. And here you can find not only whole villages inhabited for example by newly arrived Azeris, but also some city districts.

I know that for a Russian, to travel in Europe is really expensive, but I really recommend you to visit countries like France, Spain, UK, Italy, Sweden and Germany for example. I think you'll change your mind in a lot of ways.

Between my immigrant acquaintances and friends ( that have moved to Finland or other EU countries that I've lived ) there are different Russians ( a couple of them is trying to teach me some Russian ), one girl from Estonia ( although ethnically Russian ), Polish, Lithuanian, Romanian, Bulgarian and Ukrainian... so you can imagine if from ex-soviet countries they move to EU or not... BTW I've only meet one African guy from Senegal, one of my good friends is Irakian, and a couple of South Americans... BTW yeah, my mom call me the UN... ( but I like to learn from people from other countries ) xD

It's curious, because the Russians say that the situation there is quite screwed up economically, and about Putin don't want even to comment...

You're right about Baltic's but as for average Georgians - I don't agree. Many of them moved here or work for season, many of Georgian residents (mainly mature ones, not teenagers or above 30) think of Russia and joint country warmly (Georgia was one of the richest USSR republics).

As today, doesn't seem to be a huge political or social movement to unite with Russia, and don't have any acquaintance from there.

European rulers and media outlets constantly criticize current Russian culture, labeling it not modern, too intolerant etc. I don't even mention all that craepstorm before Olympic games, all that games bashing. Had anyone been sacked or judged? Nope.

What? I lived in different western European countries, I speak a few languages ( English, French, Spanish, Swedish and Finnish; and a bit of German ), and everyday I read different newspapers from different countries ( to keep my language skills ); and in none of those countries any media was criticizing the Olympic games, nor the Russians, nor its culture. In fact it was quite a general praise of how good prepared were that games ( and how much money Russia invested in them ).

Even Putin was acclaimed broadly when he and Obama solved the chemical weapons issue in Syria.

The only few "dark" points that were commented were the anti-gay policies ( between my best friends there are two gays and one lesbian, so to me it looks old fashioned and intolerant to make them hide their sexuality ) and the lack of freedom of speech in Russia.

Just so you can laugh a bit, the only main national topic about the Olympic Games in Finland, was the ice hockey match Finland vs Sweden ( which IMO Sweden won rightfully, although most of Finns won't agree ).

Like it or not, but it works indeed. At least we don't have internal rebellion openly supported and welcomed by foreign countries anymore, prevented another attempt to solve separatism problems by brutal force in nearby country, other countries now respect our interests much more than in 'democratic and truly free' early 90's.

Are you joking? Democratic and truly free 90's? If that was the beginning of today's autocracy. Russia still has to discover Democracy!

Yeah there are so many rebellions and brutal violence in a lot of western countries... You know... Sweden? France? Germany? Spain? Italy? Norway? Austria? Switzerland? Malta? etc...

While in Russia, I can remember in this last 12 years a lot of terrorist attacks ( last ones this last winter ), even little wars, situation in Daguestan, Chechnya, etc... Seems that your tactics are not precisely right. And in fact you are losing really fast the respect earned after the fall of Soviet Union when lots of people were expecting a reborn of a free and democratic Russia... It's pretty much the opposite that you say. Just check forums in the internet, from 10 years ago and from now...

ADDED LINK

Interesting reflection about the true legal status of the "little green men" that occupy militarily Crimea and the capture of one of them.

( Vice News ) The Russian Soldier Captured in Crimea May Not Be Russian, a Soldier, or Captured

Edited by MistyRonin
Orthography & link

Some extra territories were granted by Peace in Riga. Please remember who started this war and who wanted to march with revolution up to Paris.

Before Transdniestr was puppeted by USSR Moldavians were in majority. Thanks to Russian efforts of russification and little wars, this land is dominated by them. I see a lot of similarities with Crimea. What perspectives does Russia provide to TD? Illegal weapon trade, drugs? That is what these satrap republics (Osetia, Abkhazia) have to offer It's in Russia best interest to keep this separatist republic alive with russian army in the background. Same fate will happen to Crimea. There will be more Russian people, more troops, more nationalism, more illegal activity with a satrap pulling by the strings. Zirinovsky have recently shouted about hurrying the anschluss of TD to Russia. In early 2000's Putin asked about the same thing and Tartars are already packing, so by five years you will say - At least Crimean population is mainly Russian.

Yeah Baltic states, failed regions and failed economy with half poor people. Estonia, nice GNP, good place to live, business friendly, transparent public sector. this is what characterizes Failed country with ruined economy. "Let EU rebuild" - you think wrong EU doesn't send representatives just like USSR used to sent theirs. Estonians wanted the change and they've done it.

But it's always a good occasion to slap others no matter what. Russia is great country, best place to live, economic superpower, Putin strong, very rich population, lenin still alive, russian brands best in the world, best army, my country is always right.

http://www.iie.com/publications/opeds/print.cfm?ResearchId=1790&doc=pub

The ultimate difference is that the Estonian government is focused on the welfare of its nation, while the Russian leaders are preoccupied with their own welfare. That is the difference between democracy and authoritarianism.

Are you joking? Democratic and truly free 90's? If that was the beginning of today's autocracy. Russia still has to discover Democracy!

Yeah there are so many rebellions and brutal violence in a lot of western countries... You know... Sweden? France? Germany? Spain? Italy? Norway? Austria? Switzerland? Malta? etc...

But this means to take great responsibility of yours action. If you screw, you have to step down ashamed instead of pulling troops against the nation. Democracy is for responsible and open minded people. Russians prefer others to think for them. because it doesn't required thinking. Thinking is tiring, while responsibility is too heavy to handle. They are under this impression since centuries, that is why their mindset is anti-western and anti democratic and authoritarian. Freedom = pain, authoritarianism = escape. Escape from freedom.

Edited by Sudayev

http://www.rp.pl/artykul/40,1093011-Byly-doradca-Putina-ostrzega-przed-trzecia-wojna-swiatowa.html

""Russia really changed over the last decade. This is now a country of political prisoners, intimidation of minorities, political opposition or gay. Runs a very aggressive foreign policy, whose objective is to outline for the new borders in Europe. This is not a joke. This is the official policy of the government ""

"The goal is the whole Ukraine. Putin wants to create a land corridor from the Crimea to Transnistria, already controlled for some time by the FSB (former KGB). (...) And as President Barack Obama and European nations are not willing to use any real measures against Russia, the achievement of this goal is only a matter of time - warned Illarionov.

In his opinion, in 2008 Putin from further invasion of Georgia stopped the decision of the then U.S. President George Bush to send to Turkey and Romania units of the air force and navy on the Black Sea. "As soon as the Russian intelligence has detected a mass movement of American troops in the direction of Georgia, Medvedev and Putin issued an order to stop 35 miles from Tbilisi. It was August 12, 2008""

"In the opinion of former advisor to Putin, most of the Russian society has undergone "brainwashing" in the past 15 years. "Many people really like the imperialism and the drive to recover the historical lands. Recovery Crimea greatly increase the popularity of Putin.'ll Be considered almost as God. And anyone who opposes it will be crushed" - he said."

"For Western financial sanctions against members of the Russian government is, according Illarionov too late. "None of them have not yet introduced. Yet even as this happens, it will be too weak. Putin and his friends from last year, began to withdraw their assets from the U.S. and Europe to Russia. Were preparing the attack on the Ukraine - he said. - Now is the time only to demonstrate its readiness to use military force. ""