Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

:) And to make things even more complex we have scaleable interface affecting such GUI elements. I wonder, if there is some way to make text stay still in the same part of the screen regardless of all this with size scaleable with resolution. Asked once similar question. Possible answer was crazy complex, and it's about custom GUI config, while here vanilla is used.

Edited by Rydygier

Well, at least I am glad it worked, heh. But now I have ran into another, more serious problem! :-o

After the Pilgrimage logo kicks in and I am on the island, I can't hear any sound. If I save and quit the mission, it won't load anymore (pressing "Resume" does nothing, I have to do "Restart".)

.rpt doesn't tell me anything.

Happens with some mods conflicting or really weak PC. Mechanism unknown. Something to do with spawning lots of stuff under loading screen. Some are saying - it may be wait out (question of minutes). Thing is, for some reason scripts scheduler is so overloaded, sound won't kick in for that long, while should be restored just at the beginning (note, that by itself don't affect fps in any way). IMO better remove the source than wait until CPU keep up with scripts - such huge delay may give ugly echo with long term/persistent scripting failures. So try vanilla, if problem is gone - nail down troublemaking mod. If not - :( .

Got it. Thanks for the quick reply! I'll keep looking now. And possibly report back. :)

Edited by Salvatore_Lee

Takes a while to initialize since it's spawning a LOT of units. Watch the FPS in the 20s and then suddenly go up to normal levels and sound is on, and the Good luck message, that's when it actually finished initialising.

Is hitch-hiking still an thing in 1.88? I just played an hour or so of 1.88 and didn't see it as an option i could take. I'm pretty sure i met all criteria to hitchhike.....

I checked in my mission and went onto a road and the option wasn't there. I moved a bit further down the road and it was there and every other time I checked afterwards.

Rydygier, still not getting the sell from bodies option from some of the enemies at roadchecks, otherwise working well.

Looks like Arma is going to be updated tomorrow.

Rydygier, still not getting the sell from bodies option from some of the enemies at roadchecks, otherwise working well.

Hmm... But why exactly roadchecks may have such problem. Interesting. I'll see, if anything could explain that. Fixing, what they will break with new patch may be good opportunity to fix also that, if I find the reason. :)

---------- Post added at 19:01 ---------- Previous post was at 18:56 ----------

Could be those units without the selling action are default vehicle crew, statics included? Anyway, most probably for de-cached crew it was missing. I'll add that.

Edited by Rydygier

Hmm... But why exactly roadchecks may have such problem. Interesting. I'll see, if anything could explain that. Fixing, what they will break with new patch may be good opportunity to fix also that, if I find the reason. :)

---------- Post added at 19:01 ---------- Previous post was at 18:56 ----------

Could be those units without the selling action are default vehicle crew, statics included?

It could be that they are from vehicles, as I hit the armed vehicles with mortars first and the crews dismounted. However there was no problem with the vehicle crew at the stronghold.

The only trouble with selling from the bodies is, it is too quick and easy. When I released the captive, I had already sold the nearest enemy's vest and kit. Luckily there were another dozen bodies just outside.

It could be that they are from vehicles

Could, even if no problem with some, as some aren't cached by de-spawn (leader's).

The only trouble with selling from the bodies is, it is too quick and easy.

:) But seriously - if for you, Pilgrims, it's spoiling anything by being too easy, I can disable it. Or leave only on EASY difficulty. All here up to you.

But seriously - if for you, Pilgrims, it's spoiling anything by being too easy, I can disable it. Or leave only on EASY difficulty. All here up to you.

I'm not complaining. It saves a heck of a lot of time when you have a lot of bodies to get through. If it happens again I'll just kill another enemy for him. He had a Marid to play with anyway, and managed to take out another mortar team for me. Selling from the bodies is very useful, as you can do it and move on quickly if you need to.

For me it's the guy at the roadblock at the static guns I can't get into inventory (and sell). All the rest is fine! Altough, ofthen, when I sel from body the gun isn't sold so I need to put an emty box to sell the rifle. Haven't fully tested yet, just to let you know.

For me it's the guy at the roadblock at the static guns I can't get into inventory (and sell). All the rest is fine! Altough, ofthen, when I sel from body the gun isn't sold so I need to put an emty box to sell the rifle. Haven't fully tested yet, just to let you know.

If you get in the gun and then get out they get detached from it and then you can access inventory as usual. If the static gun was destroyed, the body stays attached to it forever. I know, silly game bug.

! Altough, ofthen, when I sel from body the gun isn't sold so I need to put an emty box to sell the rifle.

Yes. It's because used at death weapons of fallen soldiers are stored in separate weaponholder. It will stay that way. Same for items, you would drop at the body - they'll occupy separate, invisible weaponholder, thus not sold with the body stuff.

If you get in the gun and then get out they get detached from it and then you can access inventory as usual.

Indeed, but I think, even after such operation there will be no sell action at the body (but inventory access should be), as that's exactly the case - a crew of non-leader's vehicle, that was cached by despawn and decached by re-spawn, but now without the action restored. My oversight to be fixed in the apparently coming after all next version.

Expecting ARMA to be updated today, I decided to finish my latest mission last night. It shouldn't be too difficult I thought. I had a circle half over the sea. I would travel incognito,, speak to a few locals, find the body and take it back to the boat.

However every way I went I just came across enemies all the tie. It turned into my most epic Pilgrimage session yet. It's worthy of an AAR maybe later.

At least I got to see the outro. I didn't see the Stomper. I heard on the radio that it was being engaged in Frini. I don't know who won that battle, I didn't go there to find out.

Searching through this thread, I was quite sure I saw a post or two referring to the fact that someone was having trouble walking up or down steep inclines, cannot double click ctrl to lower weapon, and can't trot, (with arm swinging). Does anyone recall this?

Now with v1.88 my friend and I are both having this issue.

Thanks a million!

This mission lags like crazy with mods installed, runs fine on stock Arma 3. But who wants to play stock Arma?

Searching through this thread, I was quite sure I saw a post or two referring to the fact that someone was having trouble walking up or down steep inclines, cannot double click ctrl to lower weapon, and can't trot, (with arm swinging). Does anyone recall this?

Can't recall. Anyway, if so, its Arma bug obviously. Also read this. Or normal thing - isn't normal to have a troubles walking steep inclines?

This mission lags like crazy with mods installed, runs fine on stock Arma 3. But who wants to play stock Arma?

Choose your mods carefully - some are troublemaking. In the first post you can see a link to the pdf guide containg also list of the mods confirmed as conflicting. Something might changed since then though. It was discussed too many times to repeat. Eh, here is:

Blastcore Tracers – caused errors and crashes

AGM – broke mission from start – environmental sound at GUI screen instead of music

MCC – causes conflicts when used in mission

ALIVE – Disabled saving

TPW MODS – turning off TPW Air may prevent helicopter patrols but not confirmed

FHQs mods – have caused no sound issues

Shams US Armaments Pack – caused error at beginning

All in Arma – caused crashes

sud_russians_v36 – caused crashes

(TPW's are safe AFAIK)

Personally I'm using like dozen of mods of many kinds and have no lags at all. Plus, since yesterday 1.38 A3 update apparently some mods are reported (half)broken in general.

Edited by Rydygier

Testing 1.89 (small language/comm/intro corrections, selling on the body of crewman fix) on A3 1.38, this time with:

- CBA

- JSRS

- Blastcore

- BaBe_midTex

- L_ES

- L_ExShake

- RYD_BT

- sakuWeaponShake

- TPW's

- Unlocked_Uniforms

- VTS_Weaponresting

- RHS

No problems so far. :)

Testing 1.89 (small language/comm/intro corrections, selling on the body of crewman fix) on A3 1.38, this time with:

- CBA

- JSRS

- Blastcore

- BaBe_midTex

- L_ES

- L_ExShake

- RYD_BT

- sakuWeaponShake

- TPW's

- Unlocked_Uniforms

- VTS_Weaponresting

- RHS

No problems so far. :)

Don't keep it to yourself too long Rydygier. ;)

@Rydygier

What's the caching distance as i was at a base and a helicopter flew over and the sound stopped abruptly. Is it due to the caching or something else? Also when you hear the radio chatter after getting the frequency what's the range of the units you're listening to. Are they within a certain distance and/or ??????? ;)

Edited by Law-Giver

@ Law-Giver. Do I remember correctly that you'r playing with bcombat? Or was it alk-lee... I just noticed that the fatique is broken with bcombat enabled. ... just to let you know.

What's the caching distance as i was at a base and a helicopter flew over and the sound stopped abruptly. Is it due to the caching or something else? Also when you hear the radio chatter after getting the frequency what's the range of the units you're listening to. Are they within a certain distance and/or ??????? ;)

The gunship isn't cached, but the sound of helicopters from TPW MODS sometimes stop abruptly, but not all the time. I think it is something to with changes to the sound engine from BIS.

The range for the radio messages is 1500m.

@ Law-Giver. Do I remember correctly that you'r playing with bcombat? Or was it alk-lee... I just noticed that the fatique is broken with bcombat enabled. ... just to let you know.

Yeah i use it mate, but i'm expecting many addons/mods to be broken since the latest 1.38 update. ;)

---------- Post added at 21:06 ---------- Previous post was at 21:04 ----------

The gunship isn't cached, but the sound of helicopters from TPW MODS sometimes stop abruptly, but not all the time. I think it is something to with changes to the sound engine from BIS.

The range for the radio messages is 1500m.

Thanks for clearing that up alky_lee. Appreciated! ;)

I play with bcombat, but last time I got severe FPS drop so I dropped it for the last mission along with Speed of Sound Pure and my FPS returned to normal 30-40 FPS. I haven't played since yesterday's ARMA update. I still have to work out which mod is responsible, or whether it is because I was flying around in the gunship.

I play with bcombat, but last time I got severe FPS drop so I dropped it for the last mission along with Speed of Sound Pure and my FPS returned to normal 30-40 FPS. I haven't played since yesterday's ARMA update. I still have to work out which mod is responsible, or whether it is because I was flying around in the gunship.

Yeah since firing up this morning, i've had a few crashes since the latest update, especially when i select save and exit. I guess it's something we have to live with and wait for the guys to update their mods/addons. I'm back to work tomorrow night so hopefully some will be fixed by Monday morning. I'm dreaming! :D