Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

Mission updated to 1.89. Changelog:

- minor tweak in the intro;

- few language and comm fixes;

- fixed no selling action for some of crewmen's bodies.

BTW runned mission for several minutes with AGM as the only mod (+ CBA). Except known issue with enviromental sounds at initial GUI (still no idea, why the hell such kind of mod should break such thing like muting sounds) and issues known till A3 1.38 with key eventhandlers behavior, all seemed OK. No lags etc. Still, it was just several minutes and I'm even not sure what exactly AGM does. Noted some medicines instead of FAK, GUI changes and real names for weapons.

Mission updated to 1.89. Changelog:

- minor tweak in the intro;

- few language and comm fixes;

- fixed no selling action for some of crewmen's bodies.

Nice one mate, downloading now! :D

So there are 2 gunships? .. And they can be shot down by ambient combat battles? It is lovely to see and hear the ambient battles but the gunship got shotdown very early in game wich I think is a shame. In the 3 times I played this Pilgrimage mission (with ambient combat on Low(L) I never had to worry about any gunship so far and it would be nice to have him around a bit longer.. :)

Also, can we use the folded tripots and mortars?

Edited by fragmentpruts

It really vary, how long these survive. Of course, if resistance and east are enemies, chopper may engage/be engaged not only by you, still will be sent only because of you. Pretty different, if Ambient Combat is off. Then the chopper may be destroyed only because of you or due to piloting AI "skills".

Just had a quick hour after getting home from work this morning and was very cool seeing the radio broadcast working nicely. I ambushed a 4 man patrol and they called in my location and an ifrit turned up. Unfortunately for that i had an rpg. It just gets better and better Rydygier. ;)

:)

Why not? Just "obtain" these, unfold the weapon and voila.

So there are 2 gunships? .. And they can be shot down by ambient combat battles? It is lovely to see and hear the ambient battles but the gunship got shotdown very early in game wich I think is a shame. In the 3 times I played this Pilgrimage mission (with ambient combat on Low(L) I never had to worry about any gunship so far and it would be nice to have him around a bit longer.. :)

The gunships don't always get destroyed, it depends on the enemies in the area and what weapons they have. You can definitely use the folded tripods and mortars. I made good use of them in my last mission.(AAR Report) I always make a point of collecting mortars.

I never had to worry about any gunship so far and it would be nice to have him around a bit longer..

Isn't there a setting in the opening UI to adjust the duration of enemy patrolled heli's?

Also,....I copied the two new files that Gliptol so kindly gave us but now I am unable to open the .jar file to make my settings. Does anyone know why?

Yes, Air SAD Range setting. About the other thing you should ask in the proper thread - better chance for the answer. :)

About the other thing you should ask in the proper thread - better chance for the answer.

Ahh, roger that Ryd, thanks for the redirection

I'm not sure if this is new to 1.88 but my buddy found this....Surrounded by mines!

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/01/25/Odok.jpg (586 kB)

Edited by Pvt. Partz

It was there from few versions back, not just 1.88 or 1.89. Kind of an easter egg. You have each play 10% chance, so such location will be spawned (I called it "a treasure"). If so, you can find it on your own or be directed there as reward in assassinate mission. Your buddy was lucky. :)

Started playing this last night on advice of a friend, total hours now 15 hours and i think i only got 5% done till now :) at the edge of my seat every minute, it is the best "big" SP mission i have played in a long time :) i know the competition for Make ARMA Not War is huge but realy hope this 1 get on top! Great work and keep it up, cant wait for some other simular mission from your side (as soon as i find the brother of course :p).

Мой AI напарник Ñлишком туп.

Я держу его в Ñтороне от боев.

Ð’Ñе равно он умудрÑетÑÑ Ð¿Ð¾Ð³Ð¸Ð±Ð°Ñ‚ÑŒ.

Он медик и Ñ Ð½ÑƒÐ¶Ð´Ð°ÑŽÑÑŒ в нем.

Можно его оживить?

ИÑÐ¿Ð¾Ð»ÑŒÐ·ÑƒÑ Ð½Ðµ что, Revive Modes.

СпаÑибо.

translate.google

My partner AI is too stupid.

I keep it away from the fighting.

He still manages to die.

He is a doctor and I need him.

You can revive it?

Using nothing more, Revive Modes.

Thank U.

As always in Arma. :)

1. If you have a Hideout and medikit or FAKs in the inventory you don't need a medic to heal yourself - just rest at fireplace via yellow action.

2. You can't revive him. Death is death. But you can load saved game.

3. It's certainly possible to keep AI alive in Arma despite it's stupidity. I'm doing that all the time. Treat this challenge as additional mini-game :) :

- choose for him safe position before expected fight and make him stay there (eg inside buildings or in the spot with LOS blocked towards expected danger);

- keep him prone till the end of the fight;

- sometimes is better to order him to hold fire;

- save game often in case of unexpected fights;

- you can still use his/their support with small risk of loosing him/them if you manage him/them wisely - I'm using AIs in chosen combat situations, if armed well enough, as long-range static fire support/cover from elevated position with good FOV on the my combat area or for flanks cover. If safe for them enough to do it of course - use reason to judge that;

- when used well, they still can be pretty effective killers, but their main value is inhuman detection skills - they're basically your early warning system.

Edited by Rydygier

I just realized that you post on page 1 that everything is spawned at the beginning of the mission so every kill matters. How about those ambiet battles then? How come they start to engage each other? I was yesterday somewhere in village up NW trying to dissable a armored car. I dropt some enemy but the longer I stayed in that town the more I realized that more enemies came. So I left.. . Where they spawned or just coming from somewhere else, meening I draw attention to me so in an other place enemy leave and come to help?

Anything more to report on the testing with the mods you mentioned the page before? AGM? RHS?

so every kill matters

Yes, unless you are playing with Ambient Combat without (L). AC was added after that statement. (L) means, AC will eventually stop spawn groups for the area, where enough of them was destroyed. AC, depending on intensity, spawns from time to time few groups of both sides up to the limit wide around the player and each get random patrolling loop. Chance for meeting engagement is decent, also non-AC groups will fight AC and non-AC hostiles. Also chance for spawning AC is dependent on area - the farther from closest town/the wilder area, the smaller chance for any AC. So deep in the woods you're mainly safe, opposite in the towns.

so in an other place enemy leave and come to help?

That may happen for motorized patrols, choppers or some recon groups, that found your trail. And there are some mortars optional to shell at you on their call.

Anything more to report on the testing with the mods you mentioned the page before? AGM? RHS?

Not sure, what was the reason, but when played with both and 10 other mods lately got in the town even worse FPS than usual in such areas. Also AGM breaks custom marker placing on the map and makes loading game after death requiring more clicks. I decided do not play with it anymore. True weapon/venicle names + few other features don't make me thrilled enough. Matter of taste and expectations. As for RHS - nothing particular, but it's still pretty early version so issues have to be expected. I don't like, so vanilla optics doesn't fit RHS weapons and vice versa. Same for magazies, I guess. Rest is cool, although doesn't tested, if and to what extend RHS affects FPS.

That's a decent explanation. So if I play with AC without L then there will not be any new spawn afther game initialization?! That will probably afect the game much... Maybe I'll try it later.

Next time a play I'm probably gona use some mods to add a bit more weapons and I would like to have a better health care system. If I try RHS or AGM I'll let you know how things go. FPS does matter a lot. I play on a descent laptop but that's not a gaming laptop. If any of those mods drop the FPS just a bit I don't like it. I'll keep you posted, but it might take some time before I game for now.

So if I play with AC without L then there will not be any new spawn afther game initialization?!

No, then will be unlimited spawn of AC groups. "L" is for "limited" (number of AC groups to spawn per area). If you want no spawn at all after initialization, you have to disable AC completely.

Ha ha, He can be a real Pain the $*& sometimes! ON the other hand if you can get him in a vehicle as the gunner he quite good. Lotsa fun just idling into Pergos while he picks them off.

If you are on foot however, you can switch players and equip him with better gear,....at least put a helmet on for Pete sake! Sometimes I will find a good cover spot, go prone and then switch player so that he can stay safe while inflicting maximum damage. then just press the U key to switch back

Ha ha, He can be a real Pain the $*& sometimes! ...

He bore me.

I had to change the profession of engineer to the doctor and shoot the poor fellow.

replace

mission.sqm

vehicle="B_G_Soldier_exp_F";

vehicle="B_recon_medic_F";

No, then will be unlimited spawn of AC groups. "L" is for "limited" (number of AC groups to spawn per area). If you want no spawn at all after initialization, you have to disable AC completely.

Ok, I see now. The tought of no spawns afhter initialization is nice but AC is nicer I think :) Thanks

....Has anyone else noticed an ongoing heartbeat effect? Even worse, I have it turned off! :803:

their main value is inhuman detection skills - they're basically your early warning system.

Your AI companion's inhuman detection skills are not always up to scratch. "Static MG 200m ahead" are not what you want to hear as you are driving towards it at 50 km/h in an unarmed pick up.:(

---------- Post added at 09:30 ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 ----------

....Has anyone else noticed an ongoing heartbeat effect? Even worse, I have it turned off! :803:

I think that must be added by a mod, I've never noticed it.

The only heartbeat effect is some custom makeshift used in the intro. In-game it must be a mod.

Your AI companion's inhuman detection skills are not always up to scratch. "Static MG 200m ahead" are not what you want to hear as you are driving towards it at 50 km/h in an unarmed pick up.

Yeah, skills are gone as soon AI is put into a vehicle. Still, when on foot, most of the time I'm hearing contact report from them before I spot anything myself. Hell, even after report, without checking the map, I often can't see, what was reported. It's because how real human spotting works and how works AI spotting (very inhuman way).

Yeah, skills are gone as soon AI is put into a vehicle. Still, when on foot, most of the time I'm hearing contact report from them before I spot anything myself. Hell, even after report, without checking the map, I often can't see, what was reported. It's because how real human spotting works and how works AI spotting (very inhuman way).

I find that my player character gains inhuman spotting skills just by having an AI companion, even if my companion is hundreds of metres away.