Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

They're all cowards Alky, take 'em all out!!!

I can't do that! I have my reputation to think of you know. On an intel led operation, good intel from the locals can save a lot of time so I can go after strongholds instead of checking churches.

I was only trying out the BIS launcher to start the mission with a silly amount of mods, landed near the north west airfield which was abandoned but found an armed off road there. Went to Abdera to check for loot, but there was an intense battle for about 20 mins in the direction of Galati. I didn't find much loot, but there were some bodies on the road about 400m outside town. As I was working my way along I found an abandoned Gorgon with the engine running but half it's tyres shot out. The crew were either dead or long gone, so I thought it might be a bit better than a SMG and I took it. The AAF had already destroyed the armour, some static weapons and a lot of infantry from the stronghold so all I had to do was take out a squad and a half of infantry and a few stragglers and the stronghold was mine. The two problems were that I had nowhere enough money to hire the captive, and I had to find the officer for the intel.

I wasn't really intending to start another mission, but having started it and finding and taking a stronghold at the start, I now want to carry on the mission. But it will have to wait until after all this family stuff at Christmas etc. Maybe next week.

...For some reason I am unable to place a marker after some time of play. I get a marker utility (however it seems to be split in two sections now) and after I type what it is I want and hit enter, it disappears.

2014-12-27_00001_zps2ab21f63.jpg

Some mod messing with GUI/markers probably. I repeat it ad nauseam: mods are always primary suspects, so, people, confirm/exclude this possibility on vanilla before reporting. If it was vanilla - well. Then some new game bug maybe.

Just remember to take a little time off.....

I took a little time off and when I came back I had a great time taking the

and found enemies waiting in the tower for me at
. I was on my way to the last airfield when the gunship came to meet me. As I had just taken an AA launcher from a dead enemy shortly before, I shot the gunship down. Although disabled, the pilots managed to land it without it exploding. Once the pilots were taken care of, all I had to do was repair it. Unfortunately when it was shot down, it lost all it's fuel, so I was now the proud owner of a shiny heap of junk. Inspecting it only provided enough fuel to get it to a road.

I eventually found a fuel truck and refuelled it, but that then exposed my lack of piloting skills. I didn't know that I had to tell the gunner which ammo to use, so he engaged an AA tank with 30mm rounds instead of an AT missile. It was no surprise when we lost that fight. I couldn't use it to search for the body as I had too many chapels to check and needed some intel from a dead team leader to reduce the numbers for me.

I did go back to the hideout to get the gunship to collect the body and take it back to the boat though. I'm glad I continued the mission, it was great entertainment.

I was on my way to the last airfield when the gunship came to meet me. As I had just taken an AA launcher from a dead enemy shortly before, I shot the gunship down.

I have now put up video of my

, but further than that, it would not appear that the gunship is included in the Bigger Trunks mod. I lost an AT missile that should have been in the gunship, but which I later found lying in the field where I had it parked.

You're most restless Pilgrimage Chronicler. :) IIRC gunships are excluded intentionally from BT. Meanwhile, 1.88 seems coming, beta possibly next week... Details: "To Do" in the first post. :)

Meanwhile, 1.88 seems coming, beta possibly next week... Details: "To Do" in the first post. :)

As always Rydygier looking forward to any updates. Just hurry up.......;) :D

"Dev branch" updated to 1.88 beta 1.

I'll be grateful for testing and bug reporting, especially around new things listed below. If al will be fine, official release possible next week. In the meantime I'll review Law-Giver's text corrections (thanks), although not always I knwo, when it's about fitting personal stylistic taste, and when it';s about corrected grammar error etc. :) Anyway, with 1.88 there is a bit of new chatting sentences in JRInit.sqf. Also perhaps I'll be able to put together some short intro/outro sequences.

About changes:

- code optimization;

mostly "modernization", like using pushBack, but also few other things, like lighter LOS check function.

- selling content directly on the bodies;

"Sell cargo" should appear on the bodies. All should be sold including uniform, vest and backpack so beware. Along with that I rewrote whole selling function, so now it automatically counts all the stuff including attached accessories, holders itself, loaded mags... No longer need for removing accessories and mags from weaponry to be counted or emptying holders like backpacks and vests to sell its content. Also prices are calculated more accuratelly now - literally each bullet in each magazine counts, final sum is still rounded to tens though. So no more all items worth 10 ff, no matter, a cap or laser designator. Now cheap items should stay cheap, while expensive should be evaluated properly using many config values like capacity, zoom, vision modes, bullet proof factor etc, etc. In the result loot is in general more valuable now.

- toolbox can affect/allow repairing;

It will give better fix, and is required to allow any fix for difficulty VERY HARD or INSANE. Refuelling is separate though.

- remove loot origining from Karts DLC;

Frankly as for this A3 version it filter out only empty vehicles, which was done other way. Filter is on place, but there is no DLC value for weapons/items, so kinda futile till they add such value for weaponry.

- Arming civilians to make them local ally/hostile depending on reputation;

Still needs testing. There is small chance for extreme reputation values (< -50 or > 50) so instead of usual civilian, there will be spawned poorly armed hostile/allied civilian(s). More a joke, an immersion thingy, another way to show, how people react on Alex presence, than a real treat - very low skills, terrible accuracy and reflex - they often will just stand or run away etc. Just civilians with a gun, not trained to fight. Still, their bullets can kill, if they decide to shoot and hit by any chance.

- rare quests with valuable item as a reward;

Basically, there is a 30% chance, so for assasinate mission reward will be not circle intel, but location of hidden loot box filled same way, as those in military buildings. Marked on the map witg black triangle, with decent accuracy. I'll add some text to it.

- add boats;

Thanks to some fancy script command code fully dynamically deploys 12 boats along the shore in quite logical places (havens, piers...). Sometimes though boat may be stuck on shallows or collide and be destroyed. It's perfectly OK - nothing guaranteed. Each boat can be used to load the body and win. If there is no any boats alive including Alex' boat - player should be informed, so main quest is failed. Plus, there is 1% chance per each boat, so it will be some armed model, not civilian, just for more fun.

- soldiers without NVG have flashlights;

80% chance for that per unit.

- better chance for "civilian" loot in civilian buildings;

So, loot is more valuable statistically and DLC stuff still may appear. But now chance for finding a rifle and mags in civilian house is very low. Kinda game changer, so I need opinions especially on this one. Usually player will find in the towns just items of any sort, but not weaponry. That should keep FF gain balanced, I hope, even with higher prices for some items. I can make it optional, as third loot distribution mode, if requested.

- hostile radio traffic messages when possessed frequencies;

Player can obtain frequencies for given side by either searching the killed TL's body for intel or by interrogating prisoners. Player will be informed, so frequency was obtained. If so - player with assigned radio item may hear from time to time reports of units of that side about spotted enemies (including player), support requests, "nothing is going on" reports and reports for recon units, that found player's trail. Range is 1500 meters and there is some anti-spam system, so this shouldn't be useless flood.

- additional statistics for debriefing screen;

Added custom description page containing stuff like amount of FF gained/spent/on account, kilometers fast travelled (for both hitch-hike and hideout travel), churches checked out, people asked, POWs interrogated, intel sources checked.

- more AI commentaries on actions;

Now companions may comment some player's actions: each new vehicle and some kills according to reputation impact.

- body crosses in "all" setting only, when player came close enough to spot the body;

"All" body markers mode changed to "spotted". That includes all own kills. No more showing crosses far away. Only for bodies, that Alex actually could spot. That means necessity of periodic LOS checks, which isn't that light calculation, still should be OK.

- check, if with AC enabled only proper side support is called (no east calling resistance and vice versa);

I hope, no more AIs requesting support of hostile side.

- having an armed vehicle affecting surrender chance (?).

If player has armed vehicle, chance for surendering upon heavy losses is a bit higher. If however AIs have armed vehicle ready to fire, this chance is reduced a bit more.

Edited by Rydygier

Is it possible to check the history of displayed messages?

I mean, I think in arma 2 or operation flashpoint it was possible to go and check the history of what has been said before but I can't find it in Arma 3? So does anybody know if it is possible to check the history of conversation and/or the history of messages displayed in the middle of the screen?

.. because I missed a message about trails and now I don't know wich direction to start looking...

Edited by fragmentpruts

Rydygier

I playtested this for a couple of hours give or take, and i found a problem with the sell items from dead bodies. The clothes were removed but the Assassin helmet black for example stayed on the soldiers head and i could repeatedly sell the helmet. Twice for 50ff and once for 40ff before i stopped. The radio frequency i liked and it worked after searching the body. That's all for now, no issues other than that so far. Will play some more in a bit, after dinner and some time on the PS4. :D

Oh just an idea nothing more, what about adding dogs to go with the trackers, if still implemented. With random barks when they get within a certain distance. Mixed in with the dogs in the town (TPW i think) should spook you a little. ;)

Is it possible to check the history of displayed messages?

Something should be, but nearly for sure it wouldn't cover those middle screen messages about trails.

i found a problem with the sell items from dead bodies.

Thanks for reporting. Seems somehow headgear isn't removed. I'll try to fix that :). EDIT: yep, will be fixed. Was lacking separate command for removing headgear and goggles/glasses. All these "all the stuff" commands are highly confusing due to unintuitive exceptions, that make one big mess from supposedly simple inventory operation.

Dogs - doubtful. Sound without actual dog would be weird, while dogs aren't spawned with recon groups. Could be nice to have groups with dogs, sure, and would be cool closing barking to make you feel hunted, but I'm affraid, animals are very poorly handled as for following any orders, so this will be either complex to script or failure. Possibly both. :)

Intro is half-ready, should be nice. Next also some minimalistic outro sequence before debriefing...

Edited by Rydygier

Dogs - doubtful. Sound without actual dog would be weird, while dogs aren't spawned with recon groups. Could be nice to have groups with dogs, sure, and would be cool closing barking to make you feel hunted, but I'm affraid, animals are very poorly handled as for following any orders, so this will be either complex to script or failure. Possibly both. :)

Intro is half-ready, should be nice. Next also some minimalistic outro sequence before debriefing...

Oh well not to worry about the dogs, and looking forward to next update. ;)

About the Karts stuff, DLC = "Karts" is there for weapons/items (pistol, helmets), just not for the driver uniforms (bug I think). You can still filter all of them with something like: ["U_C_Driver_", _class] call BIS_fnc_inString

Also a suggestion: apply same "loot reduction" mechanism on ground weapon holders that we get from surrendered units.

Edited by Robalo

I have no idea if this is useful or not but there is a dog in "I am Legend" for ArmA2:

Well, maybe I'll check it, but frankly, I suppose it need separate scripting or works poorly.

About the Karts stuff, DLC = "Karts" is there for weapons/items (pistol, helmets), just not for the driver uniforms (bug I think). You can still filter all of them with something like: ["U_C_Driver_", _class] call BIS_fnc_inString

Ah, yes, it was uniform, I checked. Not worried much about that, as for new NORMAL loot distribution rules mainly non-weaponry items are spawned in civilian houses anyway, so the wider choice of civilian looking items, the better. BTW decided to make this loot distribution optional, still default. Old NORMAL now will be named ABUNDANT. REALISTIC stays same. So, for ABUNDANT only I can apply such filter, you propose till they fix uniforms config.

EDIT: I'll remove all DLC items for "abundant" (former normal). I'll leave it for the rest though to keep more civilian-looking loot. BTW now we have new way for string filtering, like: (((toLower _class) find "u_c_driver_") < 0)

apply same "loot reduction" mechanism on ground weapon holders that we get from surrendered units.

You think that's good idea? I intentionally left all in this case as kind of "bonus" for making enemies surrender, of course can decimate it easily same, as for killed enemies. All up to you, the players. :) Perhaps for difficulty >= NORMAL difficulty (keep all the stuff of surrendered for EASY)?

Edited by Rydygier

Очень Ñ…Ð¾Ñ€Ð¾ÑˆÐ°Ñ Ð¼Ð¸ÑÑиÑ. Ð”Ð»Ñ ÑÐµÐ±Ñ Ð´Ð¾Ð±Ð°Ð²Ð»ÑÑŽ уÑловноÑти:

лодка требует ремонта,

ремонт возможен только при наличии инÑтрумента,

умею водить только гражданÑкие авто

нет волшебной коробки

Можно ли добавить в меню на выбор:

При выÑадке

1-лодка целаÑ

2-лодка Ñломана (ремонт)

Починка транÑпорта

1-за деньги

2-за деньги и при наличии инÑтрумента

Можно управлÑÑ‚ÑŒ

1-любым транÑпортом

2-автомобилÑми

3-только гражданÑкими авто

Продать лут можно

1-в коробку

2-любому жителю

3-не вÑем жителÑм

4-в определённых меÑтах

ИÑпользование коробки

1-да

2-нет

Можно, Ñначала миÑÑии уÑтановить метки на церкви?

При изменении маÑштаба карты метки оÑтаютÑÑ.

СпаÑибо.

Это ЧИТ

ÐÐ»ÐµÐºÑ Ð²Ð»Ð°Ð´ÐµÑ Ð²Ð¾Ð»ÑˆÐµÐ±Ð½Ð¾Ð¹ коробкой, превращал вещи в деньги,

а теперь он Ñам маг прикоÑнувшиÑÑŒ к телу получает монеты.

Перевод translate-google

Very good mission. To add yourself conventions:

the boat needs repair,

repair is only possible in the presence of the tool,

know how to drive only civil auto

there is no magic box

Is it possible to add a menu to choose from:

When landing

1-boat a

2-the boat is broken (repair)

Repair of transport

1- money

2-for the money and with the tool

You can manage

1-any transport

2-cars

3-only civic auto

Sell the loot you

1-in the box

2-any resident

3-not all residents

4, in certain places

Use the box

1-Yes

2-no

You first mission to set the label on the Church?

When you change the map scale labels remain.

Thank you.

This CHEAT

Alex owning a magic box, turned things into money,

and now he is the magician touching the body receives coins.:rolleyes:

All right, sadly google isn't good enough translator to make this 100% understandable, and my Russian is too rusty. From what I understood:

You suggest new initial settings. But no more customize options are planned - sorry...

a) boat is broken, so Alex has to find toolbox to fix it - Idea is not that bad, but I prefer keep one goal in this mission, no such small distractions. Also no warranty, you'll ever find a toolbox during the mission.

b) limited driving ability - in vanilla Pilgrimage there may be no any civilian vehicles, it's random, thus sometimes mission may be impossible to finish. Also - Alex is after military training and is assumed, he can drive military vehicles. I wonder, how much time would take to learn, how to move a tank for someone, who is able to drive a car? Besides - it's fun. Why to waste majority of empty vehicles on the map or make all of them civilian?

c) limiting selling possibility. It was limited at first. Now it isn't due to numerous requests to change that. Frankly, current way is more logical. There is no magic involved. It's barely mental shortcut for more efficient logistics, so player doesn't need to struggle with tedious details. Each time you use "Sell Cargo" action, imagine following actions:

- finding any kind of container (that's basically what "magic box" feature represents);

- gather all the loot inside;

- hide container somewhere;

- sell on online auction coordinates of hidden box (ADM - Anonymous Data Market is for information trade).

- buyer transfer FF directy into yours account and gets coords of the box with stuff.

You first mission to set the label on the Church?

When you change the map scale labels remain.

That I didn't understood. Do you want to choose another kind of marker for checking out the churches on the map? (such thing rather will not happen - not trivial to implement choosing GUI, while feature is of marginal importance) Or rather you have some issues with scaling?

BTW intro and outro are ready. With some custom music, that will make mission around 4MB in total. Intro is an intimate, but not without some climate. Outro is just in-game credits with some nice view and music, mostly to thank all, some by name. With option to skip it by pressing SPACE, if someone already watched it and want to see debriefing fast. What was reported - is fixed. Still I need run some tests and review text corrections.

Edited by Rydygier

You think that's good idea? I intentionally left all in this case as kind of "bonus" for making enemies surrender, of course can decimate it easily same, as for killed enemies. All up to you, the players. :) Perhaps for difficulty >= NORMAL difficulty (keep all the stuff of surrendered for EASY)?

Yes perhaps do not decimate as much but it seemed too abundant in contrast to what you find on bodies. Making it difficulty based sounds like a great idea.

Side note - made second look after few months on very promising female mod to see, how close we are from Pilgrimage female edition. Not close enough yet, but not because models itself - even on beta are very nice already. I wanted not mainly/only female companion, but also protagonist - luckilly Alex may work as female name, so only few "bros" need to be changed to "sis" in the correspondence with Philip, some adjustments in the phone calls and voila.

As for protagonist - profile chosen player's face overwrites unit's native one. Player can choose female face, so this is minor issue, still some complication, unless I would be able to enforce Alex' face eg via description.ext. Fixable.

For both - player and companion second and main problem is male voices however. That one makes whole idea premature. I know, how problematic this is, as we have no any female voice set in A3.

Third possible problem may be with changing uniforms, as seems, these units have some adapted versions (not checked though).

And last one - no more demolition expert capabilities - oh well.

Second problem is the only one that really blocks the idea.

Civilian women still far beyond the horizon.

Female protagonist sounds awesome! Nothing better than a woman kicking arse.

This mission is, without a doubt, the main reason I play arma 3. Currently I've been trying out the multiplayer beta - and it keeps freezing :( do we know of a fix for that? I understand that it is a WIP - and it's great that you are implementing it. I just think that with a human companion this mission would be twice as fun :D

Good luck on your future updates.

It's great you like it. :)

Coop has own problems, but freezing wasn't amongst them so far, so no idea, what's the reason. Maybe something out of the mission? Any mods? Internet problems? No idea. MP isn't my domain BTW, and I'm pretty ignoramus as for MP specificity. Never was interested MP enough to decently learn/practice MP scripting. Also hard to test some things alone. As for scripting, all is more messy, difficult and less predictable in MP comparing to SP. Never liked that MP voodoo chaos.

Anyway, I'm afraid, after 1.88 I'll need to make all work making Pilgrimage COOP again, from the scratch - too many code changes made between 1.86 and 1.88. Not so soon, I think.

I'm running a few mods - that might be it.

I thought it might be a problem outside the mission - like internet or something. So I tried a few other coop missions and they worked fine. But it might be a mod conflict. I will try and play it without!! Glad to hear that freezing isn't a problem normally with your coop build. Because it was freezing up after about 10 minutes of gameplay (tried 4 times :() so I really hope that with some mods turned off it will work.

What are the known problems that you have found with coop? Just to see if I can avoid them,

Thanks again for your response - Keep up the good work!

What are the known problems that you have found with coop?

Played only few sessions for testing. What I noticed:

1. If ping is too high, mission may not init properly. It may be recognized for example by a fact, client-side player is not moved in the proper starting location.

2. Not sure, if lack of my knowledge, or some game bug, but after resuming saved mission, despite existence of the code, that should prevent that, client-side player losses all yellow actions. Some said, these actions are back (perhaps then mentioned code is executed) if this player is killed and respawns.

3. Also known limitation - all the stuff is Alex-centric. So if his companion would go far from the Alex, will see the truth about Big Emptiness - no loot, no people, no markers out of caching radius. Inevitable IMO.

Edited by Rydygier