Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

This thread is for any bug reporting. But you need be more specific than "it's not working". That alone is not very helpful. :) Details really matters. I'm just running final tests and selling from the body works just fine. In beta1 there was helmet/glasses staying issue, and lack of selling option on most units except Team Leaders due to caching. Both fixed for official 1.88. Inspecting is possible, if there is safe (no enemy known). And if you have enough ff. Toolkit is helpful, but necessary only for difficulty VH or INSANE. One known issue, is that sometimes, if certain parts of the vehicle are completely broken, after fixing overall damage is increasing as kind of average. Most probably due to incosistency between damage and setDamage commands, so can't fix that really.

Waypoints - now you have both, vanilla and my own solutions. Vanilla you should be able to delete as usual. Waypoints from my solution, added, when vanilla was broken, may be deleted by dragging them onto your position.

Ha, I didn't saw you replied already! I changed my post in the meantime, no need to post to much unnessacery things before beeing shure I thought. Your support is much apreciated! I'll bee very specific next time :)

And indeed, there is a lack of selling options most of the time. Probably exactly as you say but now I understand why and how. And the dragging the waypoints over each other is good to know. Very simple actually

Edited by fragmentpruts

That I didn't understood. Do you want to choose another kind of marker for checking out the churches on the map? (such thing rather will not happen - not trivial to implement choosing GUI, while feature is of marginal importance) Or rather you have some issues with scaling?

Before the game, highlight the church.

Перед началом игры, выделить церкви.

Illustration. Black markers.

https://yadi.sk/i/fWSFFEbEe4ZSU

https://yadi.sk/i/7QBrZkwCe4Zuu

Fighting in the streets.

Before the game, highlight the church.

Aaaah. Now seems clear! :) To mark every church on the map with a dot, as default church markers are gone when you zoom out the map too much. That may be handy indeed. I think, I could do that, perhaps difficulty based?

Aaaah. Now seems clear! :) To mark every church on the map with a dot, as default church markers are gone when you zoom out the map too much. That may be handy indeed. I think, I could do that, perhaps difficulty based?

Yes it is. Thank.

I did read on this forum that TPW mod - air module is safe to use but in my case I haven't seen the shopper with this module enabled! I see many shoppers but they are all from TPW. Yesterday I played 1.87 without TPW - air module and I saw the shopper of Pelgrimage a copple of times coming to check the situation..

So I'm not so shure if it is ok to play with TPW - air module! .. Or could it be something else?

I did read on this forum that TPW mod - air module is safe to use but in my case I haven't seen the shopper with this module enabled! I see many shoppers but they are all from TPW. Yesterday I played 1.87 without TPW - air module and I saw the shopper of Pelgrimage a copple of times coming to check the situation..

So I'm not so shure if it is ok to play with TPW - air module! .. Or could it be something else?

It is safe to use the TPW air module. You will still see the gunship. It depends where the gunship is based , how close you are to it's base and what you have set the length of air patrols at. I set it at long which is 8km. With that setting, neighbouring airfields are within the range so a gunship can lend support from a neighbouring airfield when you are attacking the other after you have destroyed/disabled it's gunship.

EDIT: You also have to be spotted by the enemy who call it out in support, otherwise it will remain at it's base.

Edited by alky_lee

It is safe to use the TPW air module. You will still see the gunship. It depends where the gunship is based , how close you are to it's base and what you have set the length of air patrols at. I set it at long which is 8km. With that setting, neighbouring airfields are within the range so a gunship can lend support from a neighbouring airfield when you are attacking the other after you have destroyed/disabled it's gunship.

EDIT: You also have to be spotted by the enemy who call it out in support, otherwise it will remain at it's base.

Thx, I was probably just lucky then this mission because I just finished the mission (found body and brought to the boat) but saw no gunship.

I realy love the mod! Great work. I'm going to start a new one :)

Mission updated to 1.88. Changelog:

- code optimization;

- selling content directly on the bodies;

- sell prices calculated more accurately including attachements, loaded magazines etc;

- toolbox can affect/allow repairing;

- for ABUNDANT loot distribution removed loot origining from Karts DLC;

- Arming civilians to make them local ally/hostile depending on extreme reputation values;

- rare quests with valuable item as a reward;

- added 12 boats randomly across the shore at piers etc;

- soldiers without NVG have flashlights;

- better chance for "civilian" loot in civilian buildings on NORMAL loot distribution - weapons rare in such houses. Old NORMAL now named ABUNDANT;

- hostile radio traffic messages when possessed frequencies (from TLs body at intel search or from POW interrogation);

- additional statistics for debriefing screen;

- more AI commentaries on actions;

- body crosses in "all" setting only, when player came close enough to spot the body. "All" renamed to "Spotted";

- for EASY and NORMAL chapel/church markers will stay on map no matter scaling for easier planning till checked;

- "checked" markers smaller per 15%;

- having an armed vehicle affecting surrender chance;

- intro and outro;

- language corrections (thanks to Law-Giver);

- various tweaks.

I would suggest to watch intro first time vanilla or at least without any weather mod...

If anybody feels neglected at outro credits&thanks - forgive my weak memory and feel free to notify - I'll gladly correct that. :)

If you want see debriefing stats fast, after credits beginning ("PILGRIMAGE" text) you can skip rest of them by pressing SPACE.

Edited by Rydygier

- code optimization;

- sell prices calculated more accurately including attachements, loaded magazines etc;

- Arming civilians to make them local ally/hostile depending on extreme reputation values;

- better chance for "civilian" loot in civilian buildings on NORMAL loot distribution - weapons rare in such houses. Old NORMAL now named ABUNDANT;

- hostile radio traffic messages when possessed frequencies (from TLs body at intel search or from POW interrogation);

- body crosses in "all" setting only, when player came close enough to spot the body. "All" renamed to "Spotted";

- for EASY and NORMAL chapel/church markers will stay on map no matter scaling for easier planning till checked;

- intro and outro;

- various tweaks.

I would suggest to watch intro first time vanilla or at least without any weather mod...

If anybody feels neglected at outro credits&thanks - forgive my weak memory and feel free to notify - I'll gladly correct that. :)

If you want see debriefing stats fast, after credits beginning ("PILGRIMAGE" text) you can skip rest of them by pressing SPACE.

Oh yes! Great it is out! I was just going to start a new one right now. Thx

- code optimization;

- intro and outro;

- various tweaks.

Look forward to playing this, unfortunately i have work tonight! :(

Just had a quick look, love the intro. Can't wait to get home in the morning and give this a go. Thanks for all your hard work Rydygier. ;)

Edited by Law-Giver

Finished already haha, what a game! I think I've been lucky from the start! More details later because f got to go but I like it very much!!

Edit: I was lucky with the place of the body and the intel I gathered. Also found very quickly a good armored vehicle and I put down 17 men. I've spend the most time in gathering equipment (I got titan launcher with many projectiles ex...) witch turned out I did not need because 5 min later I found body. After that I did not recieve cals anymore so did not now where to go looking for the strongholds (as I did not have had this call yet). But every thing seems to work fine and smooth.

There was only one corps of witch I could not take his equipment. I could open his inventory but everything I wanted to take vanished... (due to cashing??). It was from a corpse of ambient combat.

And another corps I could not even open his inventory (it only opens for about 0.1sec and closes again)

If there was just a little bit of voice acting like ... " nah, he's not here" or "wow, look what I found here" or "That's nice" .. that would do very much about ambient and immersion.

I like very much the chapel/church markers now.

Nice work. I'm looking forward to play some more later.

Edited by fragmentpruts

Gave the new 1.88 a try this morning. The intro is really good, no problem selling from the bodies or getting into inventories. The radio messages are even better than they were, especially when the gunship is returning to base or when you get the message that they've lost contact with the roadblock you've just cleared. I really do need to pay more attention. I spotted a strider and dismounted troops and engaged them. I didn't realise they were all dead. What I should have been looking at was the squad of CSAT off to one side who had killed them all.

I am looking forward to trying a full mission after the Arma update which is imminent some time this week probably. I think this mission just keeps getting better and better, and this is a major improvement that works really well.

---------- Post added at 14:46 ---------- Previous post was at 14:40 ----------

I did not recieve cals anymore so did not now where to go looking for the strongholds (as I did not have had this call yet).

Although you get the call giving the co-ordinates of possible stronghold locations, if you take an airfield where a gunship is based, there is an officer who has the location of the other airfield and the two strongholds. You can soon see which airfield the gunship is at by seeing which direction it first comes from or which direction it is heading in when it leaves. If you don't see the gunship, just pay a visit to the airfields as you go round.

It was from a corpse of ambient combat. And another corps I could not even open his inventory (it only opens for about 0.1sec and closes again)

Sounds, like random inventory issues, still happening from time to time. Lately I found a range finder at the body. Saved before taking it. Then took it - disappeared. Tried second time - same. Finally worked, when I manually dragged it not into binocular slot, but ny backpack first... Or perhaps some mod troublemaking. I didn't touched inventory availability.

If there was just a little bit of voice acting like ... "

I totally agree! So cool it would be to have Pilgrimage well voice acted! One problem may be with dynamic sentences, containing unit's name or location. Sadly, I can't provide any decent voice acting.

I am looking forward to trying a full mission after the Arma update which is imminent some time this week probably.

Yeah, I'm just wondering, what they break THIS time. :)

Edited by Rydygier

Is hitch-hiking still an thing in 1.88? I just played an hour or so of 1.88 and didn't see it as an option i could take. I'm pretty sure i met all criteria to hitchhike.....

And while i'm here...Rydygier, you must have had an epiphany when you came up with the concept of Pilgrimage, A perfect utilisation of terrain, churches and chapels.

This mission will stand the test of time and will forever be referred to as a Classic.

you must have had an epiphany when you came up with the concept of Pilgrimage,

Kinda agree. :) I mean, it wasn't created as something supposed to be popular at all, just little distraction from my other projects. Then boom. Well, very stretched in time boom, still - boom. So, if you don't believe in accidents... :)

As for hitch-hiking - well, if not difficulty setting caused that, then do not know. Yesterday it was working well (when on road, no body loaded into vehicle yet, >0 ff and safe), nothing changed since then.

Edited by Rydygier

During intro I see the brother standing on a pier and hear a clicking sound. It goes on and on and nothing is happening.

Is that supposed to happen? I have tested it with and without addons and still the same effect.

Edited by Salvatore_Lee

During intro I see the brother standing on a pier and hear a clicking sound. It goes on and on and nothing is happening.

Is that supposed to happen? I have tested it with and without addons and still the same effect.

@Salvatore_Lee

That's very strange Salvatore_Lee, the fact you're getting a clicking sound is odd. Have you tried other A3 missions? I've probably restarted mine several times and it worked fine every time. Not that you wanted to hear that. And that's with 20+ mods running. Try another mission with an intro and see if you get the same problem and/or re-download Pilgrimage and try that again.

@Rydygier

The intro for me has first bit of text just too far over to the right, it's just the letter "I" from the sentence "I need to act fast,".

I changed line 96 to 0.45, instead of 0.4. It's not a biggie obviously but Pilgrimage is a masterpiece and has to be treated as such! ;)

Also i notice some spelling was omitted as there were still some mistakes, i could in future instead of you playing hide and seek with corrections i could tell you which file, line number etc. I use WinMerge which is excellent for comparing files. Again no biggie as it doesn't affect the gameplay in anyway. I'm off work today so i'm playing Pilgrimage all day today as the missus was off yesterday and i never got to play it since you released the update. Got as far as setting up the mission and was ordered off my PC. :(

Edited by Law-Giver

Do you get second scene eventually? What's your RPT saying? Looks, like you have no letters appearing, just "letter" sound, if that's this "clicking". No idea, why. Game reinstall may be considered, as this font is part of vanilla content - anyway I would check game files integrity via Steam on your place. Or maybe you're playing low-res and text is "clicked" off the screen? :)

The intro for me has first bit of text just too far over to the right, it's just the letter "I" from the sentence "I need to act fast,".

Could you show me a screenshot? May this be a problem with screen resolution or aspect ratio - that always is troublemaking with any GUI stuff - you can put many consideration into carefull composing the scene and all is trashed as soon one uses other monitor. Here, how it looks for me: Introscreen 1920x1080 (16:9).

also i notice some spelling was omitted as there were still some mistakes

Any help still appreciated. :) I went through every text of your corrections line by line and considered each your correction separatelly using KDiff3 - nice tool too, still process itself was more than tedious - many hours/two days. All those "a" and "the" - completely unknown in Polish concept, thus most problems was with them - using these for Polish speaking me every step is counter intuitive. Most (all I considered grammar mistake, not stylistic tweak, but as said sometimes is hard to distinguish) I applied, some - kept my way. Still something I could omit... So I would appreciate to point me ONLY the mistakes, not stylistic tweaks. But I know, it needs time and effort, so I do not insist. :)

Edited by Rydygier

May this be a problem with screen resolution or aspect ratio - that always is troublemaking with any GUI stuff

Yeah your screenshot is way different than mine, mine is tight into the top right corner. I agree changing it may fudge others. Will just leave mine edited to suit my screen. It's easy enough to do if i need to change it. My resolution is the same but my screen may be 16:10, guessing without looking. Will post a screenie in a minute or two. ;)

The picture is from when i edited it. The original was a little more over to the right obscuring the letter "I".

n56o9rqgrgig_t.jpg

All those "a" and "the" - completely unknown in Polish concept, thus most problems was with them - using these for Polish speaking me every step is counter intuitive.

Yeah i understand mate, i guess it's a little one sided on my part expecting it to be for English speaking people only. Totally respect what you're saying. ;)

So I would appreciate to point me ONLY the mistakes, not stylistic tweaks.

Yeah i remember off the top of my head there was a spelling mistake "treat" instead of "threat". Can't remember what file, will post in a bit. ;)

Edited by Law-Giver

The picture is from when i edited it. The original was a little more over to the right obscuring the letter "I".

Yeah. Composition is pretty :/. Sadly, preventing such shifting for different monitors is kinda voodoo even for own GUI elements, and here we have something vanilla used. I don't like that, but what can I do? At least now we can play "find 5 differencies". I see one more. Due to Blastcore usage probably. :)

i guess it's a little one sided on my part expecting it to be for English speaking people only.

Nah, it's in English, so definitelly should be in proper English. Your help here in invaluable. :)

Nah, it's in English, so definitelly should be in proper English. Your help here in invaluable. :)

Your hard work is invaluable. And nice to see you use such words as "Nah", very English! :D

I don't use blastcore at the moment, i will when the campfires are fixed. Was glad to see you post on his forum regarding that issue. ;)

Oh the spelling error "treat" instead of "threat"

JRinit:

line 498 "Neutralize the treat." should be "Neutralize the threat."

Mainloop:

line 3191 _sent = "RADIO: " + (name _caller) + "is reporting direct treat. Requesting immediate support at " + _where + ". Over.";

should be

_sent = "RADIO: " + (name _caller) + "is reporting direct threat. Requesting immediate support at " + _where + ". Over.";

I would have put an "a" in there "a direct threat" but i know you dislike them. I have loads of "the" and "a" in mine. :D

Edited by Law-Giver

I would have put an "a" in there "a direct threat" but i know you dislike them. I have loads of "the" and "a" in mine.

Thanks. :) What I like is in this matter secondary - question is, are those optional or mandatory to make sentence proper English?

All right, checked the intro text moved a bit left (0.5) and a bit lower (0.1). Looks still good if not better on my screen, and should be a bit better for situations like yours. Of course, no idea, when next update will come.

Edited by Rydygier

Thanks. :) What I like is in this matter secondary - question is, are those optional or mandatory to make sentence proper English?

At the end of the day mate, it's never mandatory to make a sentence proper. If people can still understand it then that's all that matters at the end of the day. It doesn't affect the gameplay, and that's what's important. ;)

All right, checked the intro text moved a bit left (0.5) and a bit lower (0.1). Looks still good if not better on my screen, and should be a bit better for situations like yours. Of course, no idea, when next update will come.

Unless you have another brainstorm (idea) or a bad bug i don't think there's much need of an update. The grammatical fixes are unimportant unless you suffer from a form of English Language OCD, like me. :D

Ah, found the culprit. I play on 1366x768 (16:9) and hat my Interface set to LARGE. I put it on MEDIUM and it was back. :)