Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

Trying out the new beta, I've come across one or two things. Strangely, just after the start, I kept coming across dead CSAT pilots. It was strange but good, because their weapons were Sting SMGs which provided extra ammo for our SMGs which we were stuck with as we didn't find any weapons in the loot in town. It did make it easier to get a vest, binoculars and some decent scopes. I checked out a couple of stronghold locations and an airfield and all I came away with were a couple of MX rifles and some mags. I have crossed half way across Altis and still no AT. Every AT soldier I have seen has been stood next to an armoured vehicle. I've had eyes on the gunship at the Airport, but nothing I can do about it.

I am finding that I am only getting the option to sell from the bodies that provide intel. There is no option with ordinary bodies. Also body markers are being applied to civilians too. The radio codes and messages are really cool. Useful to know that the gunship hasn't seen you. I've had a look for some boats, but haven't found any yet. One would be useful, as I need to go across to the eastern part of Altis to find the body which is probably somewhere south of Pyrgos, although I don't have any circle intel yet.

Loving it so far. Just need some AT to tackle the airport.

I kept coming across dead CSAT pilots.

??? Disturbing, incomprehensible, surreal. Can't confirm that. Hm. Any mod spawning/introducing new aerial units? Anything particular about these bodies - how many, how often, anywhere or not? Could these be from two standard CSAT gunships? RPT says something?

I am finding that I am only getting the option to sell from the bodies that provide intel. There is no option with ordinary bodies.

Hm. True for garrision and checkpoint, but no such problem on hideout guys. Thanks, have to investigate this. EDIT: OK, seems, is due to caching - all cached units lose this action but not TL's which aren't deleted at caching. Forgot about it. Good find.

Also body markers are being applied to civilians too.

Wasn't earlier? Not sure, If I changed anything here.

Edited by Rydygier

??? Disturbing, incomprehensible, surreal. Can't confirm that. Hm. Any mod spawning/introducing new aerial units? Anything particular about these bodies - how many, how often, anywhere or not? Could these be from two standard CSAT gunships? RPT says something?

The only mod I have that would spawn aerial assets is TPW MODS. It may be that aircraft are being spawned without much fuel and are running out. The AAF have engaged and killed them in this case. There were two pairs of pilots, but they are not from the gunship as that is still flying. The other gunship is either at Abdera or on the east side of Altis.

I would assume for now, it's from the TPW mod then. If not from standard gunships, then the only other source of dead pilots would be some mod adding misplaced aerial group configs as infantry in CfgGroups (thus used for regular populating and somehow dying).

---------- Post added at 16:45 ---------- Previous post was at 15:39 ----------

The radio codes and messages are really cool. Useful to know that the gunship hasn't seen you.

BTW decided to add also communication from supporting units starting/ending support task, if in radio range (< 1500). That should make sometimes nice feel, they actually talk to each other, not only sending in ether some sentences. Could be nice helper such warning also at arty fire mission call, especially, when there is no map markers.

I am wondering, is there a way how to prevent certain addon soldiers to be spawned?

For example, I like the RHS weapons but would like to play without the Russian and American soldiers in the mission (strictly roleplaying issue). Is there possibly any way to achieve that? How exactly does your mission pick from the pool of armies? :)

BTW decided to add also communication from supporting units starting/ending support task, if in radio range (< 1500). That should make sometimes nice feel, they actually talk to each other, not only sending in ether some sentences. Could be nice helper such warning also at arty fire mission call, especially, when there is no map markers.

It would be good if there was a message when you've cleared a garrisoned town to say that they have lost contact with their units there or that they were sending more units to investigate. It would really add to the immersion.

I am wondering, is there a way how to prevent certain addon soldiers to be spawned?

Groups are taken from the config + some are pre-defined for certain role. So, if you want to filter out groups of given custom faction, you need to edit JRInit.sqf, lines from 2138 to 2339. Faction of given group (the faction name used in CfgGroups, eg OPF_F for CSAT) is defined as _fc variable at line 2165, so below you can filter out not desired factions. Simpliest by pasting at line 2166 something like this:

if ((toLower _fc) in ["here","list","of","excluded","factions","lowercase_all"]) exitWith {};

Note, without RHS troops there may be difficult to find ammo for RHS weaponry basing on the loot alone.

---------- Post added at 20:54 ---------- Previous post was at 20:51 ----------

It would be good if there was a message when you've cleared a garrisoned town to say that they have lost contact with their units there or that they were sending more units to investigate. It would really add to the immersion.

Well, I could try to add radio comm when player kill whole group of location garrisoning AIs, about lost contact (but not sending, as nothing is sent in such case) but who would send this comm, considering supposed range is 1500 meters? Only, if there is another group of that side, that could report lost contact in this radius that could work. And will be nice indeed.

Edited by Rydygier

Hi again,

Just a heads up on the coop - it turned out that it was the recording software I was using. For some reason it didn't like pilgrimage coop and was freezing my whole PC. Anyways, I have it working now... been playing for about an hour without a freeze and really enjoying it.

Thanks again for the great work. Gives me a reason to play Arma 3

Great. :) So, just now, during arty radio comm test noted, I have "dead" crosses even for animals. :D How I did that...

Great. :) So, just now, during arty radio comm test noted, I have "dead" crosses even for animals. :D How I did that...

That's such a sweet gesture Rydygier. Burying peoples pet dogs. Bless you. LOL!!!! :D

Hello guys, nice mod!! I read Pelgrimage guide (pdf) but can't find it. Neather googling.. I don't know if I understand it well. I think I just bought a car for 1200ff and it should be within 100m ... ? I can't find it? Wondering what the answer will be :)

You can buy only information, where some random, empty vehicle is located, shown on the map by car marker with 100m accuracy. It may be near or on the opposite side of the island. Turn off map textures if you have problems with finding the marker. It's orange square with car icon. Best chance to find one of these vehicles you have on the flat, not urbanized areas with many roads (vehicles tend to be located at the road). There is around 50 or so of them.

Oh, that I did read in the pdf but didn't realize it was this what he was talking about! Thanks for the answer!!

Beta version and current (stable) version crash after a few minutes of gameplay.

Running:

AiA

Bcombat

Blastcore

CBA

Duckhunt

MCC Sandbox

Speed of Sound

SThud

Trying to figure out the cause but anyone know if any of these are not compatible?

:Problem was AiA, thanks Rydygier:

Edited by mythlawlbear

Mods confirmed earlier as troublemakers from the guide (first post) by alky_lee:

Blastcore Tracers – caused errors and crashes

AGM – broke mission from start – environmental sound at GUI screen instead of music

MCC – causes conflicts when used in mission

ALIVE – Disabled saving

TPW MODS – turning off TPW Air may prevent helicopter patrols but not confirmed

FHQs mods – have caused no sound issues

Shams US Armaments Pack – caused error at beginning

All in Arma – caused crashes

sud_russians_v36 – caused crashes

Things might changed though since these was reported. IMO TPW's is safe.

I use a lot of mods and have never had a crash or any stutter. Playing with everything on ultra detail. ;)

ASDG_Attachments

AdvancedBallistics

ASR_AI3

ASDG_JR

BHC_Map_Contour

BW_LoadCalc

CBA_A3

LHM_StaticDrag

L_ExShake

L_Twitch

RAM

Smarter_Tanks

TPW_MODS

Unlocked_Uniforms

L_ES

L_ArmFatigue

L_Suppress

RYD_BT

VTS_Weaponresting

RPA_Refined_Vehicles

Tao_Foldmap_LG

UI_Corrections

Limited_Gun_Movement

Edited by Law-Giver
Edit unused mods

That's such a sweet gesture Rydygier. Burying peoples pet dogs. Bless you. LOL!!!!

Actually it was snakes... :) Solved it. Made naive assumption, allDeadMen will return all dead men only. But no. Animals too.

Zbe_Cache

IMO risky, as Pilgrimage uses own caching. Two caching mechanisms working simultanously may overlap badly sometimes (even if you don't notice anything), depending on their design.

Edited by Rydygier

IMO risky, as Pilgrimage uses own caching. Two caching mechanisms working simultanously may overlap badly sometimes (even if you don't notice anything), depending on their design.

Yeah forgot about that one. Noted and removed zbe_cache. ;)

So I need a little advise. 've been playing for 3-4 hours and I feel like missing something. I started the game with the default settings. In most places there is no resistance. I found an armored vehicle and have been driving arround 8km with nothing going on. I encountered 3 or 4 times some ennemies. It feels like I just have to run and drive arround... Is that normal? If it is normal I can probably just change the startup settings for an other gameplay. Any advice? thx

Well, assuming all is working OK, if you feel, there is not enough opposition, then certainly - customize initial options next play. Garrison, Checkpoint and Hidden Camp density is one thing. Another is Ambient Combat. Personally I'm always playing/testing with first three maxed and AC on LOW (L). These three on 100% mean around 1100-1200 hostile AIs across the island and used all group limit per both enemy sides. If still too easy - be sure, you're maxed range of aerial SAD patrols and enabled hostile artillery. Of course, if uou're was so lucky to find armored vehicle, you could easily miss many enemies when driving through the Altis, as units without AT capability will not engage when armored unit is approaching.

Oh, and somewhere on the map (dynamically placed) there are four really heavy guarded areas, if you look for some challenge for your tank.

Apart from that note, it's not "constant action" kind of mission. If you're looking for such - there are much more intense scenarios.

Edited by Rydygier

So I need a little advise. 've been playing for 3-4 hours and I feel like missing something. I started the game with the default settings. In most places there is no resistance. I found an armored vehicle and have been driving arround 8km with nothing going on. I encountered 3 or 4 times some ennemies. It feels like I just have to run and drive arround... Is that normal? If it is normal I can probably just change the startup settings for an other gameplay. Any advice? thx

How many enemies you come across is entirely random, although in some towns they may be positioned inside buildings (garrisoned) so you will only find them if you go looking. There are two strongholds and two airfields that are heavily defended plus a number of roadchecks that also have static defences. I turn on Ambient Combat (Limited) on low setting which normally results in more enemy contact and also gets CSAT and the AAF fighting each other.

Even then I still get an occasional mission where I get very little enemy presence. With the current beta version, once you get the radio codes, you get the radio messages, so you know the enemy are around even if you don;t see them.

@Rydygier. Thx for the explanation, the examples you use are very usefull! I'm not looking for the "constant action" mission right now so I'm quiet shure this mod of yours is what I'm looking for.

@Rydygier

@alky_lee. I'm going to start the beta version now with different settings. I guess that I need a copple of tryouts to find the right challenge.

:) Just keep in mind, what alky_lee said - each time whole thing is randomized, so even with same settings there aren't two identical gameplays.

Yes I know, that's what this mod makes so interesting. You need to learn it play but then you probably can have hours and hours of fun! Now I started 1.88 with settings like you two mentioned and it's very interesting. Figuring out some strategy to complete the puzzle most efficiently.

Is there a thread to post or to read about known bugs for the 1.88?

Also, wondering long time now, I don't understand why we can't delete the waypoints easily. When you click shift+map you make a route. If you don't hit the waypoints you can't delete them?

Edited by fragmentpruts