Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

is possible to port in another map?

Edited by teoleo

Without mods?

If problem occurs on vanilla, I would need RPT content to know, what's going on.

Anyway, final tests of 1.86 MANW edition on 1.32 are planned next week, this week no time at all.

No, can't recall any such feedback. Only was an issue with people not knowing about TPW's Skirmish enabled by default. I myself often played with Blastcore and nearly always with TPW - no problems.

I'm during final MANW edition tests on 1.32 and noted one thing unnoticed by me earlier: sometimes some of yellow actions "Sell content" aren't vissible, while should (these aren't conditional at all). Mostly temporary effect and usually is enough to approach the object (a box) second time. What's interesting, did not spotted same thing for any other yellow action (but I could simply missed such effect for the others). Anyone noticed this earlier or only now? Perhaps some subtle issue with addAction in the new A3 version. Oh, well, nothing serious.

I'm during final MANW edition tests on 1.32 and noted one thing unnoticed by me earlier: sometimes some of yellow actions "Sell content" aren't vissible, while should (these aren't conditional at all). Mostly temporary effect and usually is enough to approach the object (a box) second time. What's interesting, did not spotted same thing for any other yellow action (but I could simply missed such effect for the others). Anyone noticed this earlier or only now? Perhaps some subtle issue with addAction in the new A3 version. Oh, well, nothing serious.

I noticed this today. Also the option to unpack the hideout from the vehicle didn't appear all the time. When I did unpack the hideout, the map marker for it remained in the original location.

EDIT: I also noticed that some of the positioning seemed a bit off. The hideout I packed in the vehicle was found right at the side of the road. At first I thought it was a roadblock, then I saw the campfire and thought it might be gipsies who had stopped at the side of the road, but it turned out to be a hideout. I also had two hideouts right next to each other, although starting in the dark really hlps to find them. I started at 3am, and had found 5 hideouts by daybreak.

On a roadblock a static MG was facing towards the roadblock. It was like the camo netting, etc had been placed outside the roadblock area.

At the airfield I found a T100 next to a BTR Kamysh with nothing on the far side.

It is still an awesome mission, even if the AI don't seem to be affected by my GMG rounds unless they land on their heads. I need to clear them out so that I can go and claim their T100 that I've disabled.

Edited by alky_lee

And both, vanishing actions/not moving camp marker, solely for 1.32? Interesting, what this time they managed to break. :) Looks like things, that can't be fixed my side, if same scripts worked well earlier. Camps just at the roads are rare, but possible. Same grouped two camps. Checkpoint - not sure. Either, one MG was wrongly directed (if facing towards other statics), or it was set right, but camo etc was misplaced eg due to lack of suitable place between statics or something.

EDIT: Tried with moving the camp, and for me flag was moved properly. Seems another issue of random occurence.

BTW if anyone will encounter an issue with "Intel loot" items, that are sunk into house object/floor/rubbish/anything, so action is not accessible for that item, if AI companion is present, player may try to make a subordinate to perform unaccessible action if action is listed under 0-6 orders menu for subordinates.

Edited by Rydygier

And both, vanishing actions/not moving camp marker, solely for 1.32? Interesting, what this time they managed to break. :) Looks like things, that can't be fixed my side, if same scripts worked well earlier. Camps just at the roads are rare, but possible. Same grouped two camps. Checkpoint - not sure. Either, one MG was wrongly directed (if facing towards other statics), or it was set right, but camo etc was misplaced eg due to lack of suitable place between statics or something.

EDIT: Tried with moving the camp, and for me flag was moved properly. Seems another issue of random occurence.

BTW if anyone will encounter an issue with "Intel loot" items, that are sunk into house object/floor/rubbish/anything, so action is not accessible for that item, if AI companion is present, player may try to make a subordinate to perform unaccessible action if action is listed under 0-6 orders menu for subordinates.

I was wondering if some of the problems I am having could be caused by performance issues, so that the scripts may not be completing correctly. I am using quite a few mods, including an old version of Laxeman's ES which had two variables round the wrong way and was causing a memory leak, which manifests itself more as the mission goes on. Last night my FPS dropped to 1 or less at one time although it managed to recover. I intend to try and finish this mission first before updating any mods and trying again.

There seem to be quite a few clipping issues with 1.32. My companion got out of a vehicle and then walked through the middle of it. I was shot by a BTR through a shipping container I had taken cover behind. When I shut down last, my companion had sunk into the floor of the building we were in. Hopefully he won't be trapped when I resume. Having said that, it is nothing new, I once went prone in a building and got trapped beneath the floor and couldn't get out. I had to load a previous save. That was in 1.12.

Mission updated to 1.86c:

- added action to move the body from one vehicle to another (new vehicle must be player's current assigned, close to the present carrier of the body);

- fixes in the artillery code;

- now all team members have access to the all Alex' action menu features;

- small corrections in diary instructions.

It's by intention final version of MANW edition. Further develpment may be continued apart from MANW.

Regarding the missing "yellow actions": With version 1.85c I sometimes couldn't establish a hideout. Putting off the fire, and running around to find the "sweet spot" as we do when looting a corpse didn't help. I am not sure if this occurred in game version 1.30 or 1.32 or both. I agree, it's nothing serious and I wouldn't have mentioned it but you asked. By the way, I play Pilgrimage with all the recommended addons but nothing else. Now I am switching to 1.86c. Good luck with the competition!

Thanks. :)

With establishing hideout action cause may vary in various cases, as its visibility is conditional. Mostly, it's a condition, so player have to feel safe - not knowing about any enemy; and this is refreshed roughly every dozen seconds.

I thought about that but if I remember correctly tpw tactical glasses didn't show any threats. I felt extremely safe and nobody attacked me as I was dancing around the camp :)

sorry but the Pilgrimage mission is the only one where TPW doesn't work at all. every time when I load a savegame or even start a whole new mission the window on the right that tells me which TPW modules are active doesn't show up and there are no civilians, animals whatsoever

do you have any ideas?

activated mods:

-ASDG mods

-JSRS

-blastcore

-TPW

-tmr

-CBA

-a couple weapons and units mods

TPW works with any other mission... ??? :confused:

sorry but the Pilgrimage mission is the only one where TPW doesn't work at all. every time when I load a savegame or even start a whole new mission the window on the right that tells me which TPW modules are active doesn't show up and there are no civilians, animals whatsoever

do you have any ideas?

activated mods:

-ASDG mods

-JSRS

-blastcore

-TPW

-tmr

-CBA

-a couple weapons and units mods

TPW works with any other mission... ??? :confused:

I am currently playing a mission with TPW with no problems. I recently had a problem with TPW and found that the version of the config.hpp file did not correspond to the version of the mod. I deleted everything and downloaded the latest version of the mod from the Dropbox link and then completed a clean manual install, and everything works fine now. I also had to move CBA into the Steamapps/coomon/Arma 3 folderrather than the My Documents/Arma 3 folder where everything had worked fine until recently.

It wasn't planned, but found one more thing, that needed a change. By intention, hitchhike and return to hideout actions should be disabled, when body is loaded into the vehicle, not when it is found (so if player find the body before he find the vehicle, searching for vehicle becomes tedious task withouth any fast travel option). So, here is, Pilgrimage 1.87c.

Hello, I've just finished your mission (I found with PC Gamer). I really enjoyed it ! Didn't have so much fun in arma for a long time. It took 7hours (mission time) Veteran/Hard.

Here are some details about my game experience :

I started with a medical Kamaz next to the boat, it was really helpful. Then attacked a little city, found some gears, and went from chapels to chapels.

I found the first hideout at the first quarter of the game.

I found intel about the area were my brother would be from a prisoner, at half of the game.

I damaged a tank (MBT52 Kuma) with Titan Rocket launcher, and ended the last third of the game inside.

I found a second area where the body could be, that helped me narrow the area down, from a corpse of the stronghold I attacked, at last quarter of the game.

Then when i found the body, I went through the 10km to the boat with the Kuma.

Did not get any further intel about the UAV than what Tyronne told us. But once at the score screen I discovered that i apparently killed it. With a hundred+ units.

Bugs : (Arma's or yours)

-Repairing a vehicle by paying the 1000ff actually damage it, most of the time, and somtimes blow it up.

-A stronghold appears 2 times in Tyronne's intel message (14210.... and 14201...)

-It seemed like when paying for intel about near enemy units, no marker ever showed up.

-Manage to get rid of my uniform, and couldn't get a new one, ended the game naked :o

Incoherences :

-I thought it was a really clever idea that we must visit chapels to save the game. But the more you get intel the less you can save, as chapels are marked on the map. It would be great to be able to save anyway. And when the body is found, we find ourself unable to save the game anymore. (If i'm right about that)

-Lot of place where you find ammo, but no enemies defending it. (It's a personnal POI of course)

-Who's friend who's foe ? Of course I figured out pretty quick that everyone where enemies. But i don't remember any mention of that in the guide. Maybe it would be welcome ?

-You talk about reputation in the guide, but i didn't experienced any of its effects. But maybe it was just because it's only my first game.

Ideas/Suggestions :

-Find AI mates

-More Civilian/phone Call/dialogue reacting to player's past actions. (Cleanning a city, a Stronghold, killing the UAV...)

-Getting additionnal Intel from time to time when you have a radio, by listening to radio calls. (e.g. When borrowed enemy vehicle is not icognito anymore, didn't experienced icognito state though, just discovered that in the forum posts)

-Civilian vehicles roaming around.

-Higher prices for repair/refuel combat vehicles.

-The game could go on a new plot when the body is discovered. But, well ... all good things must have a end at some point. :(

Pilgrimage is already a lot of fun as it is. I hope you will find this post useful.

I'm really impressed by your work, I know developing a bugless arma mission can be really hard ><

Kush.

Edited by Kushulain86

Hello. Thanks for great feedback. I'm very glad, you liked Pilgrimage.

-Repairing a vehicle by paying the 1000ff actually damage it, most of the time, and somtimes blow it up.

Never happened to me, nor got any such report till now. Sounds weird. The more weird, I just tested repairing code to be sure, it's nothing newly broken, and all is working fine - damage is reduced, not increased. On the normal difficulty it repairs 0.1 to 0.3 damage each try, for hard difficulty - 10% of this.

-A stronghold appears 2 times in Tyronne's intel message (14210.... and 14201...)

Indeed. Good catch. Well, he could double one by mistake after all... In fact, it's my mistake, I added one coords twice to the pool. Should do no real harm.

-It seemed like when paying for intel about near enemy units, no marker ever showed up.

It shows to me. Could be hard to spot, especially, if map is zoomed out and textures are on. It has a form of circle shaped area covered with red diagonals. Circle is not big, so hard to spot from far zoom. And it's not about near enemies. It's about random enemies on the island. Anonymouns Data Market, for few reasons, couldn't provide intel so precise, based on buyer coords. Alex has simply set a filter showing to him offers regarding Altis.

-Manage to get rid of my uniform, and couldn't get a new one, ended the game naked

:D. Civilians have special reaction for naked Alex. Amongst the recommended addons in the first post you'll find "unlocked uniforms" mod, that removes side restriction, so you can then wear uniform of any side. Otherwise in such case you can only count on random west uniform in the loot. Rare.

-I thought it was a really clever idea that we must visit chapels to save the game. But the more you get intel the less you can save, as chapels are marked on the map. It would be great to be able to save anyway. And when the body is found, we find ourself unable to save the game anymore. (If i'm right about that)

You can save anytime all the time via normal main menu saving. I'm doing that every two steps, as usual. :) If you have this disabled in the game settings, try this:

- to enable unlimited saves: CONFIGURE -> GAME -> DIFFICULTY and enable "unlimited saves";

Also, use 0-8 menu to see some additional in-game settings, including one switching auto saves every 20 minutes.

-Lot of place where you find ammo, but no enemies defending it. (It's a personnal POI of course)

Yep, realism certainly has own limits in Pilgrimage. Even the presence itself of such loot every several houses isn't too realistic, isn't. Realistically all the loot should be gathered by people living there, mostly stashed in great amounts for use and trade by warlords in their strongholds. You can partially customize this via initial settings - choose realistic loot distribution. From now on, all the loot will be present only in the military/research installations, but still some of them may be not guarded (assume, they had no time yet to sweep all locations after regular war end). Changes the gameplay seriously.

-Who's friend who's foe ? Of course I figured out pretty quick that everyone where enemies. But i don't remember any mention of that in the guide. Maybe it would be welcome ?

Even if not said directly, you can indeed figure out from mission description itself or messages from the brother, so you have no allies there (no reason to have any, isn't). But no problem, I'll add sentence saying that directly to the Alex notes.

-You talk about reputation in the guide, but i didn't experienced any of its effects. But maybe it was just because it's only my first game.

The effects aren't too obvious. You have 3D text commentaries about your presence from time to time over civilian's heads, unless you disabled 3D marks completely in the init settings. That's the main visible indicator. The more often comments are, the more significant your reputation is (for good or bad). Color and sometimes also contents of the commentaries indicates, if/how much they like/dislike you. Secondary indicator is on screen commentaries of yours comrade, if you're not alone, possible sometimes, if you're in the town.

Real impact currently is on the chances for valuable Intel from civilians/surredered hostiles (for hostiles chance growing no matter, if repo is + or -). This impact is decent, but not huge. In the future reputation impact aspect may be enhanced though.

-Find AI mates

Implemented. Along with optional initial comrade, you can, as secondary objective, look for your brother's companions, two of them, held as prisoners one per each Stronghold. One is a medic, another is an engineer. Both costs 10000 ff to hire. Releasing is free of charge though :).

-More Civilian/phone Call/dialogue reacting to player's past actions. (Cleanning a city, a Stronghold, killing the UAV...)

If I figure out something, I'll add it. As for destroying UGV, there is implemented cool comment, that never shows up, because "Killed" event handler used for death/destroying event detection for some reason (bug?) isn't working for this (all?) unmanned vehicle. Occasionally we have comments on kill of any hostile.

-Getting additionnal Intel from time to time when you have a radio, by listening to radio calls. (e.g. When borrowed enemy vehicle is not icognito anymore, didn't experienced icognito state though, just discovered that in the forum posts)

For incognito status you have to play with Incognito addon (see mentioned list of recommended addons). Be awared, it's serious game changer. Rare radio calls, eg when in the vehicle took from hostiles seems a nice idea, so I'll think about.

-Civilian vehicles roaming around.

TPW's addon is used commonly for that purpose, so not sure, if I need to add own ambient traffic.

-Higher prices for repair/refuel combat vehicles.

It's about makeshift repairs and borrowing the same fuel from the locals, so I see no reason to distinguish here civilian and military vehicles. Repairing, let's say, a tank this way is not so realistic anyway... :) A bit more or harder difficulty levels, when ratio of repairing is divided by 10.

-The game could go on a new plot when the body is discovered. But, well ... all good things must have a end at some point.

Good thing about this mission is it's replayability. Each time island is populated differently, many things are randomized, including starting position and body location, so IMO player has good chance to need many playthrough before he become bored. :)

If I manage to create a sequel, new plot will be there.

Thanks again, it was really useful. And yeah, bugfixing is most tedious and time consuming part of mission creation, perhaps especially mission of that kind.

Edited by Rydygier

Thanks Rydygier. I'm happy you could take time to answer my questions !

On the normal difficulty it repairs 0.1 to 0.3 damage each try, for hard difficulty - 10% of this.

As it seems to equalize damages, damage icons sometime go more red than it was before. And when repairing again color doesn't change. But as i was playing in "hard" difficulty, it repairs only 10%, maybe not enough to make a color difference.

And about destroyed vehicle, it was shortly after a fight, so maybe not due to your repair function. My bad then. But maybe an extra feedback about done repairs would be slighlty more user friendly.

And it's not about near enemies.

I thought it was, my bad. As some intel messages showed up right after i found out tracks leading toward near units.

"unlocked uniforms" mod

Figured out the suggested addon list shortly after posting this last thread. Sorry ><.

- to enable unlimited saves: CONFIGURE -> GAME -> DIFFICULTY and enable "unlimited saves"; [...] use 0-8 menu

Alright then !

presence itself of such loot every several houses isn't too realistic

I played in realistic mode for loots. So no loots in civilian buildings. Having inhabited military building with weapons inside is not really realistic, but yes we could figure out any reason for that.

Not a big problem.

your brother's companions, two of them, held as prisoners one per each Stronghold.

I took out a stronghold and didn't find any prisoner. I might have missed him.

Is there a "Known Issues" regarding the Coop Version ? I know there are missing "action menu item" from what i read in steam comments. But could find anymore infos.

You could add MP version "known issues" in the first post of this thread maybe ?

I hope you will go on mission making for Arma 3 ! Thanks again !

There is not much as for known issues for coop version, because so far wasn't much feedback, so I couldn't point out repetitive issues, only this one for client-side lack of actions after resume. I'll think about known issues section for coop though.

We tried Coop version this evening with some friends. We played with a lot of mods, weapons & gameplay. (AGM, Task Force Radio, which worked both, and many others)

I also modified your mission, to add new playable slots. I thought i had to go through your code, or put a script on them, but actually no need for that : new playable units are recognized automatically, teleported on the beach with Alex, respawn when die, and all have "prepare box" and "check account" action menu (which are synced).

It's really great !

We finished the mission relatively quick, 3h (so didn't have to save/load the game back). And we encountered some bug indeed when player connect back :

-Action menu disapears (at least "prepare box" and "Check Account" ones).

-When a player connect back in, all the others players are teleport to the beach. (Looks like the annoying init problem : http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16485 which is executed several times) other people should confirm that, it may also be due to my mod set)

Fortunately, it doesn't seems to reset game progress. (chapel count down especially)

The mission was fullly playable for us.

I will keep you informed, if we play it again and encounter new bugs.

Edited by Kushulain86

Kushulain, this sounds very interesting.

I'd like to suggest the COOP version to my group (anything between 2 and 15 players, addon package consisting of AGM, TFAR, Tao's folding map, ShackTac package plus an assortment of uniforms, weapons and AI-mods and graphics and sound effects).

May I ask how exactly you modified the mission or are you willing to share your modified version, provided that Rydigier doens't mind the forking?

Thanks for more feedback. :)

provided that Rydigier doens't mind the forking?

No problem to me at all.

Pilgrimage is under APL-SA license in general. In details, if anyone still in doubt, I even encourage all willing and capable to tailor/modify the mission in any way they want to own preferences and share it with the others, also by public release of such modified mission under own author's name, as long it's not commercial (no money involved), and, in case of public release, would be nice if I would be pointed as the author of original version :) . Also, to avoid mess, should be clear, so such modified version isn't equal to the original nor is official (made by me), thus title and author name should be properly chosen. In any specific cases not meeting above conditions we always can talk of course.

So, if for example someone managed to change/improve/enhance Pilgrimage or PilgrimageCOOP and now want effectively attract players to it, is free to do so, for example, by starting new thread for such version on these forums, uploading it on Armaholic, Workshop or wherever he like. If it's wanted I'll gladly also add link to such version in the first post of this thread.

Edited by Rydygier

Alpha-Kilo, here is my editable modified version (to extract in \Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\AplhaKilo?\missions and to export to MPMissions) :

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57159442/PilgrimageCOOPwip3MoreSlotsAGM.Altis.zip

Modifications :

-11 Playable slots (instead of 2), you can add as much as you need.

-Added AGM Medical/Misc Boxes, which the team leader can teleport at any time using radio messages (0-0-4 iirc)

Edited by Kushulain86