Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

"Tons of mods" may do that and sometimes do - that's the risk, you accept when you play with "ton of mods" :) . Maybe some was broken after game update or mod update itself, maybe you play with other mods, than earlier etc. So overall it's pretty clear - mods are a reason or at least one of them.

Is there a way to at least see which one could be the problem? Or any indication...

Is there a way to at least see which one could be the problem? Or any indication...

Nothing special, but logic itself is enough - turn off half of them and check, if problem is solved. YES - one of those turned off was breaking things. NO - it's one of that half left active. (You can still check the second half in case, there are two or more troublemaking mods, but that's unlikely) Then take only the half containg breaking mod, and turn off half of them - etc. If you first exclude from that test mods confirmed as safe (other are playing with them without problems), should stay not so much to search through and you should find guilty one fast.

Edited by Rydygier

Nothing special, but logic itself is enough - turn off half of them and check, if problem is solved. YES - one of those turned off was breaking things. NO - it's one of that half left active. (You can still check the second half in case, there are two or more troublemaking mods, but that's unlikely) Then take only the half containg breaking mod, and turn off half of them - etc. If you first exclude from that test mods confirmed as safe (other are playing with them without problems), should stay not so much to search through and you should find guilty one fast.

Yeah okay, i will just do that then. But I appear to have a JSRS 2.0 stuck in my expansions that i can't disable and is just enabled standard O.o ?

Not sure about that, i'm using custom mod manager. But JSRS is most likely not the source - many of us use it in Pilgrimage without problems.

The reputation system is working well now. I've had armed civilians again, but this time they are with me rather than against me, so I am obviously considered the superhero that I should have been all along.:)

I've waited since May 2014 to take control of the Stomper again, then twice in two weeks I've found the correct UAV terminal in loot boxes in towns. It seems that the new loot system increases the chances of finding a terminal.

I managed to hack the stomper, but as it came all the way across Altis, it had very little ammo left which it promptly started wasting on civilians. I managed to hack it so it stopped killing civilians and off it went to use it's last few rounds on some nearby infantry by itself. It got injured so I also got it to self destruct.

It did locate the body for me, cleared a checkpoint, assaulted the airport and cleared the infantry out of a couple of nearby towns before I did so.

One strange thing is that the enemy didn't react to the presence of the Stomper until it opened fire. Whole squads were just standing still next to the Stomper and were quickly laying dead. I don't know if this might be a result of BISs attempts to "improve" the AI or not.

Edited by alky_lee

Thank you author for this beautiful mission.

I have not played since 1.86 where i finished the mission only one time, and i have to say a have never enjoyed ARMA so much.

I started 1.90 beta3 a couple days ago and i love the changes you introduced so far.

I had a couple intense firefights with both CSAT and AAF, died a couple times of course:), got tracked by a black Kayman who just did not want to go away,

which never happend for me in 1.86.

I did encountered a couple small bugs:

Every static vehicle i stumbled upon was buried halfway in the ground, two Striders in AAF checkpoints and a random Zamak truck.

They can be interacted with but not driven.

The other one is something i am not sure its mission related, but i did not encountered that problem in other missions i played.

The damn rain wont stop:)

It is raining for four game days, just stops for a few seconds then starts again like its on a loop.

Anyway, i could write pages about it but i wont, i will just say keep up working on this masterpiece.

Thanks,

Dejan

One strange thing is that the enemy didn't react to the presence of the Stomper until it opened fire. Whole squads were just standing still next to the Stomper and were quickly laying dead. I don't know if this might be a result of BISs attempts to "improve" the AI or not.

Hard to say, maybe de-captivating it not kicks in, when player hacks it in some situation, not sure. Thanks for reporting.

very static vehicle i stumbled upon was buried halfway in the ground, two Striders in AAF checkpoints and a random Zamak truck.

They can be interacted with but not driven.

Last A3 version introduced new physX, and there was reported exactly that sort of issues after that - vehcles sunk into the ground. it's vanilla bug happening sometimes. We can only hope, they'll fix that.

The damn rain wont stop

It is raining for four game days, just stops for a few seconds then starts again like its on a loop.

Some reported that. Either some weather mod, or just at the moment this way looks in Arma 3 51% of overcast (that's default weather set in the mission) sometimes. There should be only slight rain from time to time, but it's not a secret, weather still looks like wip.

Good luck. :)

Hard to say, maybe de-captivating it not kicks in, when player hacks it in some situation, not sure. Thanks for reporting.

The problem with squads not moving/reacting is an AI pathfinding problem. I have reviewed the footage and when viewed from afar the squads were moving, but by the time I came across the squad close up, the squad leader had become glitched and was turning round and round on the spot. The squad are standing still waiting for him to move off. Because the squad leader is glitched, no-one gives the order to engage. Once fired upon, the AI then react and the squad leader then breaks from his broken pathfinding.

@Rydygier

Just another idea, how about when support is called in on your location, how about dropping in random % parachuting support. Another location to keep you on your toes, skywards! If attack heli's weren't enough! ;)

Oh and i had a church that didn't auto save. If i remember i had a problem with this exact church ages ago. Chalkeia, grid ref 2025,1154 approx. It has 2 churches marked in Chalkeia but your red marker saves on a church tower that isn't marked on the actual map. Grid for that one is 2023,1162 approx. Unless it's a game error for marked churches! ;)

Edited by Law-Giver

Interesting. Apparently for some reason that separated belfry was taken instead of the church.

Parachuting in some situations would be nice, although I can reasonably add it mostly as part of Ambient Combat, unless we add whole procedsure with chosen group transported by heli and then parachuted over area. Nothing, that I could add fast and easily though. Anyway, finally pushed my out-of-Arma project to testers, so for now I should get some time to finish official 1.90...

EDIT: Chalkeia case seems clear now. Apparently this tower passed as the "church" (certain building class), and because closer than 100 meters to the second church, only one was marked. Deleted tower's coords from the array and now church is marked properly.

Edited by Rydygier

Interesting. Apparently for some reason that separated belfry was taken instead of the church.

Parachuting in some situations would be nice, although I can reasonably add it mostly as part of Ambient Combat, unless we add whole procedsure with chosen group transported by heli and then parachuted over area. Nothing, that I could add fast and easily though. Anyway, finally pushed my out-of-Arma project to testers, so for now I should get some time to finish official 1.90...

EDIT: Chalkeia case seems clear now. Apparently this tower passed as the "church" (certain building class), and because closer than 100 meters to the second church, only one was marked. Deleted tower's coords from the array and now church is marked properly.

Yeah even ambient combat parachutes would be cool, just gives it that.....there's a war/invasion feeling. Not that it doesn't already. As for the church, thanks. ;)

out-of-Arma project

What's that then?????????

Edited by Law-Giver

I can't load my save of the mission. I can see the saved game in the Steam mission folder, but in game I only have the choice of starting a new game. Any idea on why?

What's that then?????????

Some quite old idea, that was too difficult earlier, now came back to me fully doable, so I did it. It's kind of militaristic card game with strong tactical inclination and pretty complex, non-casual rules. I mean true card game, not virtual. Still may prove to be 100% failure though. Waiting for feedback from first tests. Last week this kept me far from Arma, and close to Gimp, Excel and Word.

I can't load my save of the mission. I can see the saved game in the Steam mission folder, but in game I only have the choice of starting a new game. Any idea on why?

You play Workshop version? There is a bug on the Workshop making such jokes sometimes, thus non-Workshop recommended. Otherwise known to me reasons are: mission update, game update, mods set change (unlikely, as you even don't see "resume" option).

I just saw the weirdest thing last night. I had shot 2 of the 3 men that I spotted in a town but couldn't find the 3rd. As I was walking toward a particular building a dog was standing there doing that barking animation (no sound, I know) directly at the building, lo and behold there was the 3rd man. I know this is just a coincidence but it gave me an idea.

Is it possible to script a dog do just that every once in a while? I hope this doesn't sound to silly because I have no idea what the engine is capable of.

Technically probably doable. But dogs are part of TPW's, I guess, so that would be a question for TPW, if dog could sometimes barking at some close person.

---------- Post added at 16:34 ---------- Previous post was at 14:44 ----------

"Dev branch" updated to beta 4:

- civilians may report player's position or trail to the hostiles depending on reputation;

- amount of groups allocated for tracking now based on fame, not on the glory;

- fixed church mark in Chalkeia.

Still want test it more before official 1.90, and have to decide, if parachutes are good idea for AC.

So, how those civilian denunciations works?

- If delation will occur is tested once per each civilian;

- For 0 reputation chance is 5%. Varies from 0% (reputation at least 10) to 25% (reputation below -40);

- it is tested, when player was spot from close by the civilian;

- all hostile armed civilians will report for sure, if know about the player enough;

- if presence of the player was reported and there is any free group allocated for tracking, it will investigate report with appriopriate radio comm.

- if there aren't circumstancies for spotting the player, there will be tested, if locals knows, about passing by the player (any footstep in 600 meters radius). If so, may report also about that initiating hunting.

Some small changes are possible, as in current form hunting event may be sometimes too often, if player is (in)famous enough.

Technically probably doable. But dogs are part of TPW's, I guess, so that would be a question for TPW, if dog could sometimes barking at some close person.

---------- Post added at 16:34 ---------- Previous post was at 14:44 ----------

"Dev branch" updated to beta 4:

- civilians may report player's position or trail to the hostiles depending on reputation;

- amount of groups allocated for tracking now based on fame, not on the glory;

- fixed church mark in Chalkeia.

Still want test it more before official 1.90, and have to decide, if parachutes are good idea for AC.

So, how those civilian denunciations works?

- If delation will occur is tested once per each civilian;

- For 0 reputation chance is 5%. Varies from 0% (reputation at least 10) to 25% (reputation below -40);

- it is tested, when player was spot from close by the civilian;

- all hostile armed civilians will report for sure, if know about the player enough;

- if presence of the player was reported and there is any free group allocated for tracking, it will investigate report with appriopriate radio comm.

- if there aren't circumstancies for spotting the player, there will be tested, if locals knows, about passing by the player (any footstep in 600 meters radius). If so, may report also about that initiating hunting.

Some small changes are possible, as in current form hunting event may be sometimes too often, if player is (in)famous enough.

Thanks Rydygier, downloading and playing soon after. ;)

Perhaps wait a bit - I'm re-uploading soon with some hotfix. :)

---------- Post added at 17:05 ---------- Previous post was at 16:48 ----------

OK. Reuploaded.

Edited by Rydygier

perhaps wait a bit - i'm re-uploading soon with some hotfix. :)

---------- post added at 17:05 ---------- previous post was at 16:48 ----------

ok. Reuploaded.

lol!!!!! :D

Yeah. And now I'm reuploading again... :/ Bad day for scripting apparently. :)

Yeah. And now I'm reuploading again... :/ Bad day for scripting apparently. :)

Again...lol. Will give it a bash tomorrow first thing! ;)

Cool. Found even few more things, but those may wait for the next version - I'm tired with reuploading for now. :) This beta was released a day to early apparently. But it's "dev branch" after all.

I'm tired with reuploading for now. :)

I'm tired of re-downloading for now........;) :D

DOH! I'm such a dolt! I play Pilgrimage so much that I forget what belongs to whom. :j: