ohally

Arma3 - AGGRESSORS

would you like to see aggressors stay standalone  

404 members have voted

1. 1. would you like to see aggressors stay standalone

• Yes, I like that it has little to no requirements
    • No, if dependencies expand content go for it

I'd like to go in and change the weapons used by some of your units, specifically the Middle Eastern faction, so they use the HLC AK pack. Is there an easy way to do this? I tried poking around the files but haven't found anything yet. Not sure if there's a specific application I need to play with configs or what have you.

Hey EvroMalarkey, would you mind sharing some other replacements you guys have? (like RH M4s to NATO or something to make it less vanilla)

This community is kinda desperate for replacements - like it used to be for OPF/A1/A2 - but somewhat people lost the "touch" to do so (or the old replacement wiz just left the ship) ...

Cheers!

Finally getting around to trying this out this week end. Sounds promising. But, the first page

states "1 easy to download...", except there are 3 DL Files. I just need the first one I guess?

Excited to try this out with ALiVE.

Finally getting around to trying this out this week end. Sounds promising. But, the first page

states "1 easy to download...", except there are 3 DL Files. I just need the first one I guess?

Excited to try this out with ALiVE.

sorry mate, this is our only replacement config. Although we use RH M4s, but we use LEA in missions or sometimes VAS for equipping.

Thanks for this awesome pack. My unit runs this mod and we found out that we cannot spawn them with Zeus or VTS. Not sure if this has already been addressed and I'm sorry if it has. Don't have a lot of time right now and cant read through 43 pages on here looking if it had been brought up. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for this awesome pack. My unit runs this mod and we found out that we cannot spawn them with Zeus or VTS.

It's working fine with VTS. Just tested again right now to double check.

As for Zeus, you're right, but it's also true with a lot of OPFOR addons. Since I barely use Zeus, I can't tell if it's broken since 1.20 or if it was the case before.

My unit runs this mod and we found out that we cannot spawn them with Zeus or VTS. Not sure if this has already been addressed and I'm sorry if it has. Don't have a lot of time right now and cant read through 43 pages on here looking if it had been brought up.

Yeah I'm sure that to read a few pages would take you hours, mr. busyman :rolleyes:

so no plans of actually reading then?

Aggressors worked fine before Zeus, meaning BIS in all it's wisdom changed something. So at this time I have no f**king intention of stopping everything to re-write something that was already working. When I have time, and f**king well feel like it, I will hammer that out.

More importantly, if you don't like that fact.. Feel free to make your own modification, then I will be sure to pester your thread with uninformed questions and comments.

Cheers

Next time use the Forum's search option ...

Hopefully we'll see the Tamil and Farc Aggressors soon, it looks a little funny on my jungle maps when the European Aggressors Randomly spawn with Fur hats lol.

Also looking forward to some of my favorite enemy armour to blow up; T55, BRDM, BMP, BTR40

Great mod , but it seems the ai is really bad :

even after increasing skill they still take ages to kill you .

A classic opfor will take 2-3 shot with a few misses to take you down but a caf ( middle east, europe, african ) will take 6-7 shot and a lots of misses .

Any way to fix it ?

A classic opfor will take 2-3 shot with a few misses to take you down but a caf ( middle east, europe, african ) will take 6-7 shot and a lots of misses .

Any way to fix it ?

I personally like the fact that there are firefights now and not everyone shoots like a trained sniper. I've always hated that in Arma the AI can always shoot more accurately at long distances through brush and pick you off with 1 or 2 shots,

Any way to fix it ?

Lets also take into account that CSAT are trained soldiers with high grade equipment. Meanwhile the units in Aggressors are slightly trained guerrilla fighters with old soviet equipment. While I am not knocking your statement, those factors make sense for the firefights you find yourself in.

I personally like the fact that there are firefights now and not everyone shoots like a trained sniper. I've always hated that in Arma the AI can always shoot more accurately at long distances through brush and pick you off with 1 or 2 shots,

Same here. To me it's more "realistic", real firefights can take hours ( obviously that would be too much in Arma, but in this mod it makes them more interesting ).

I like the lack of accuracy but you need to put them in expert to have a challenge .

And also reduce your health so they kill you in 2-3 shots . ( 7 is really too much )

The only two things that I think could be improved with this add-on are the 3D sounds for gun shots (they're very faint) and to give the Aggressors better armor values on their clothing. Maybe less powerful than standard vests, but being able to easily one-shot every guy gets a little too easy. I'd rather have them die in a single shot if the shot was well placed on their head or in the sternum. But even 9mm shots to the hands and legs will kill an Aggressor in one pop. I also use the Authentic Gameplay Modification addon, which nerfs plate carriers and improves the game's ballistics, so natural it takes about 3 shots to kill a guy wearing a heavy vest instead of 10, which is more reasonable in my opinion.

I'm not demanding anything, just suggesting what I think could be a good improvement. :)

^^ Delete that post & check the first page of this thread (FactionNames). ;)

@Ohally,

I recently edited your pack for accurate ballistics, all of the insurgents weapons and ammunition are based off of reports from Iraq and Afghanistan, taking into consideration the quality and care of the weapons and the general type of ammunition they used. I have the weapons set for a fairly worn out status and the bullets are generally the most mass produced early production round (generally WWII-1950's unless its the RPK or AK-74, then its the M74). I have the configs for you if you are interested sir.

@Ohally,

I recently edited your pack for accurate ballistics, all of the insurgents weapons and ammunition are based off of reports from Iraq and Afghanistan, taking into consideration the quality and care of the weapons and the general type of ammunition they used. I have the weapons set for a fairly worn out status and the bullets are generally the most mass produced early production round (generally WWII-1950's unless its the RPK or AK-74, then its the M74). I have the configs for you if you are interested sir.

very interested please PM

Why are they so inaccurate? I noticed after installing ASR AI that the aggressors were unbelievably inaccurate. I saw them unloading full clips at enemies 5 feet away and hitting nothing. I thought it was ASR causing it but after taking it out I did some tests and was astonished by how bad they shoot. Even when the skill bar is full I could stand 20 meters away, not moving, and watch as they emptied mag after mag hitting nothing but air. Anything under a full skill bar and I could stand 5 meters away and they would miss 25 times at point blank range before finally shooting me. What is going on here?

Edit: If i put a CSAT instead of AG he would shoot me dead in 3 seconds but if i switched back to AG not changing range, skill, or anything I would stand completely still for 5 mins while bullets would fly all around me.

Edited by SouthernSmoke

Why are they so inaccurate? I noticed after installing ASR AI that the aggressors were unbelievably inaccurate. I saw them unloading full clips at enemies 5 feet away and hitting nothing. I thought it was ASR causing it but after taking it out I did some tests and was astonished by how bad they shoot. Even when the skill bar is full I could stand 20 meters away, not moving, and watch as they emptied mag after mag hitting nothing but air. Anything under a full skill bar and I could stand 5 meters away and they would miss 25 times at point blank range before finally shooting me. What is going on here?

Edit: If i put a CSAT instead of AG he would shoot me dead in 3 seconds but if i switched back to AG not changing range, skill, or anything I would stand completely still for 5 mins while bullets would fly all around me.

Its MOA accuracy, 1 MOA = 1 inch at 100 yards or 93 meters. The Insurgent snipers have an MOA of 2 and will knock you on your ass at 400 meters easily if they get a shot off. I personally use ALIVE, and when using ALIVE my MOA values give a very very realistic feel to firefight duration, most insurgents will generally miss about 2-3 shots at 100m unless they have an RPK, PKM, or SVD, the Snipers have about a 90% chance to hit you at 100m and that's pretty realistic based on combat reports from Iraq, PKM's and RPK's have decent accuracy due to the longer barrels and most firefights in Afghanistan involving LMG's from insurgents show they are pretty decent with them, in fact I will post a video below of raw combat footage involving US Marines getting ambushed by at 200+ meters.

ASR AI and especially Default are not as well developed as ALIVE AI, at least in my honest opinion, I am not saying ASR AI is bad, I just don't think they offer as much as ALIVE.

Raw Combat Footage from Insurgent perspective *may contain graphic content*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpcDgDEaYFM

Great work on this mod, total necessity for making real world scenarios.

A few questions:

The animations for the weapons had a few issues when I tested (ejection port of ak-47 jumping back and forth, when reloading ak-47 the magazine stays in the gun). Are there plans to refine the animations for the weapons?

Could the makers add the new units to the independents faction, and possibly even BLUFOR? If the irregular units are only on OPFOR, there is no way to have CSAT battle against them. Furthermore scenarios which might pit two irregular factions against one another are also impossible. It would be nice to not have to get into any scripting to set up these kinds of scenarios.

Sorry if any of these questions have been asked, only did a brief scan back a few pages.

Eh, I don't think the weapons are supposed to be that pretty, just functional. Wouldn't want to get the Chugs cause all the bad guys have HD weapons.

As for your second point, it's not that difficult to do so. You can place an Aggressor, then link him to a soldier of the faction of your choice. After that you make sure that the soldier is of a higher rank (I use the highest to make sure, Col.) and set his probability to zero. That way, the Aggressor will still be aligned to that faction, but the other guy won't be on the field. Same for groups.