soul_assassin

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation A3 WIP Thread

Ecstatic is what i am over the news of this mod!

A few questions if i may..

1.Will there be russian voice overs for infantry?

2.Custom sounds for weapons?(if so are you aware of the issues some are having with dev branch update,soon to be on stable branch,sound issues with weapons?)

3.will thses units be compatible with mcc/alive or other third party mods?

Thanks

@redarmy

1. Yep

2. Already converted sounds, currently using it with RC version without problems

3. It's zeus & mcc compatible, I don't know what about alive because I'm not using it. Hopeful, there will be some TFAR support too (custom radios, etc)

@redarmy

1. Yep

2. Already converted sounds, currently using it with RC version without problems

3. It's zeus & mcc compatible, I don't know what about alive because I'm not using it. Hopeful, there will be some TFAR support too (custom radios, etc)

Sounds excellent! thanks man,

i cannot wait!

I know we arent meant to ask for release dates, but if I'm correct, a few pages back you said to expect an alpha around July, or am I dreaming again?

Excellent dev blog, would like to see more in the futre :)

One question, do you plan on doing/porting the RHS cargo system over to Arma 3 ?

I enjoy this information (instead of just pictures) very, very much - thank you. :) I also look forward to your quality work! I have only skimmed half of this thread, but perhaps someone can tell me whether they intend at all to release an M1 - ie, 105mm Abrams?

Eh, I have an M1 and an M1IP, but I'm not sure it would fit into the timeframe of this mod. Maybe one day.

I really enjoyed that. So on tanks, will we get more variants like the ABV and the bridge-laying vehicle? I think those would be cool for combat engineering.

Probably not bridge laying equipment (which I think would have a really, really limited usefulness within ArmA--again, just imo), but I won't rule out the ABV or the Panther II.

Astounding work! I wouldn't know a TUSK from a SEP from a whatever, but I'm glad you guys are putting such detail into these. I've been a huge fan of RHS since the OFP days. Always exciting to see what you're up to. Thanks for taking the time for the mini-devblog, great to know the story behind the screenies :D

Eh, I have an M1 and an M1IP, but I'm not sure it would fit into the timeframe of this mod. Maybe one day.

Well, if they're not meant for this mod, maybe just release them, say, now? :) I joke, but only halfway: Much rather we had it to play around with than that it sat all cold and lonely on a HD somewhere. For those of us that love an 1985 setting (was there ever a better year for war) the 105mm would be smashing. :) Right, now you know the desire/demand is out there, hopefully you see fit to release sooner or later! :)

I love all of you at red hammer... that is all.

i love all of you at red hammer... That is all.

+1

uuuurrrraaaaa!!!

So awesome... I heard the creator of av_indus is working with you. To you.. pleeeeassse add those ach helmets with versions of covered goggles as well as everything you did previously lol. Also, it would be really nice to have the tactical shades and glasses redone without the lcd screen...

Alex Vestin was, and presumably still is working with the RHS team.

If you look at the screenshots on their facebook page (scroll down a good bit in photos)

you can see their US soldiers.

They seem like at least partial placeholders, but they look very similar to the av_indus soldiers.

Hint hint.

I am sure the US soldiers will turn out fine, and they showed goggles on the helmet in the screenshot similar to the av_indus ones.

I think it is safe to say it will at least contain some of what that mod had.

If you look at the screenshots on their facebook page (scroll down a good bit in photos)

They seem like at least partial placeholders, but they look very similar to the av_indus soldiers.

Hint hint.

I am sure the US soldiers will turn out fine, and they showed goggles on the helmet in the screenshot similar to the av_indus ones.

Just checked it out! It definitely is his work and it seems even more updated. I can't wait to see the same for the USMC units. He does great work. I like the ones with goggles but it would be cool to have a set that has the cover on them. like this USMC_large.jpg also what I meant by redoing the tactical glasses/shades too.

usmc_lwh_helmet__3___modeling_wip_by_gnastydesign-d4zryf7.jpg

Edited by jakeryan760

Hint hint.

Yeah, that's pretty much it--while AV's work played an important part in the early stages of the mod, his initial work has been completely replaced by new assets.

About the goggles: ehhhhh maybe. No promises.

Just checked it out! It definitely is his work and it seems even more updated. I can't wait to see the same for the USMC units. He does great work. I like the ones with goggles but it would be cool to have a set that has the cover on them. like this http://www.transaeroinc.com/upload/product/large/USMC_large.jpg also what I meant by redoing the tactical glasses/shades too.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/134/1/7/usmc_lwh_helmet__3___modeling_wip_by_gnastydesign-d4zryf7.jpg

F..K !!! is that ingame ?:eek2: very Impressive

Yeah, that's pretty much it--while AV's work played an important part in the early stages of the mod, his initial work has been completely replaced by new assets.

Are there any screens of that new assets that replaced the old AV work?

F..K !!! is that ingame ?:eek2: very Impressive

It's definitely a rendered model but I don't think that it is for Arma 3. Not sure what its for. Just used as an example.

Yeah that helmet is not related to ArmA 3 or this mod, it was created by this guy http://www.nordlingart.se/

Are there any screens of that new assets that replaced the old AV work?

Nothing just yet, although some big leaps ahead where potentially taken in the last couple of days :)

How is the mod coming?

I was jst wondering if this mod would include a vodnik?

How is the mod coming?

I was jst wondering if this mod would include a vodnik?

no not planned

Would it be too out of your way to include unmarked versions as well? There are often instances where one would want to assign rus assets to another army (Syrian, Taki, etc) and unmarked would at least be less jarring than red stars.