soul_assassin

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation A3 WIP Thread

Well yeah, but clearly he doesn't like it much.

I actually think that the best mods of arma 3 are the ones adding crappy gear, arma 3 already has OP stuff.

(Also you forgot all of UN)

Where did I said that M113 should not be in the mod? I only said it's old and many attributed features to the M113 are non existing or irrelevant on a modern battlefield. ;)

But the AMPV isn't in use right now. Not gonna end up in this mod (hell, I don't even think they're doing the new Scorpion camo.)

How would you know, or in fact how would you know better than Damian?

Damian you gave a lot of reasons how m113 is a piece of crap , but just because it's shit doesn't mean you shouldn't include it for that reason.

LOL, well...

Well yeah, but clearly he doesn't like it much.

I actually think that the best mods of arma 3 are the ones adding crappy gear, arma 3 already has OP stuff.

(Also you forgot all of UN)

From everything that would make it on "the list" (not saying there is/n't one), read it as follows: low priority (partly because it is shit, yes)

make all the thingz works only until a certain point...

Yeah. Gotcha.

Do you guys have a akm in the russian army mod?

Yeah. Gotcha.

Do you guys have a akm in the russian army mod?

Do you think that no one saw that question of yours? There is really no need to repeat it a 3rd time ;)

Well, people responded to my other questions, but no one answered it.

I assumed that all of you devs that have been posting would know this, but no one awnsered.

(Sorry for spamming it so much though)

(Ps: I'm on a mobile device, not trying too hard on typing larger but less posts on this touchscreen)

Pufu if you know if there is a akm or not, I would appreciate an awnsered, I am too tired of spamming that question :p

(Gg ipad auto correct, not even gonna bother and fix)

Edited by MikeTim

1. These designs were competing.

2. Then someone decided that both will replace M113.

3. Recently someones else decided that nah, we go with M2 IFV derivative.

I was reading something about how the people who made the Stryker were complaining that they made the requirements favor the M2 because a double fleet would have been too expensive to do or something. That's how the M2 "won", by technicality I guess.

C-130 transportability is again a myth, no new vehicle is actually C-130 transportable, it's another useless and dead requirement. It's better to just use C-17.

Yeah, in fact precisely I've heard some complains about that ( Stryker and Bradley are not C130 transportable ), but yeah, it's true that in modern scenarios the main loads are delivered by C-17 ( or C5 ).

What is curious to me is the difference in doctrine US - Russia.

I mean Russian VDV has focused in

creating even odd rocket & parachute systems ( that BTW can even be transported in their biggest helos ), and BMPs are seen swimming in most of the latest Russian exercises. I guess that make sense in Russia, where specially in the far East there's almost no good roads, lots of mud and rivers are huge in Spring-Summer.

And most of the new Russian vehicles are able to swim ( even the new BTR90, BMD4, BMP3, etc. ).

BTW I've seen the Patria swimming here in Finland. I guess here it's also important due to the lack of good roads, and to move across the thousands of lakes and water bodies.

Edited by MistyRonin

Yeah.

That kind of applies to some arma maps in a way, ever play one and your trying to get through hills and water.

I assumed that all of you devs that have been posting would know this, but no one awnsered.

Pufu if you know if there is a akm or not, I would appreciate an awnsered, I am too tired of spamming that question :p

One would assume that even after devs have acknowledged seeing your question without giving you an answer that you should take a hint that it's not a question they can or want to answer.

The world doesn't revolve around you so please don't be dense about it.

Folks calm down and look the awesome new camo the RHS people have shown in their Facebook page.

It's gonna rock in the Altis Mediterranean landscapes.

Yeah, in fact precisely I've heard some complains about that ( Stryker and Bradley are not C130 transportable ), but yeah, it's true that in modern scenarios the main loads are delivered by C-17 ( or C5 ).

What is curious to me is the difference in doctrine US - Russia.

I mean Russian VDV has focused in

creating even odd rocket & parachute systems ( that BTW can even be transported in their biggest helos ), and BMPs are seen swimming in most of the latest Russian exercises. I guess that make sense in Russia, where specially in the far East there's almost no good roads, lots of mud and rivers are huge in Spring-Summer.

And most of the new Russian vehicles are able to swim ( even the new BTR90, BMD4, BMP3, etc. ).

BTW I've seen the Patria swimming here in Finland. I guess here it's also important due to the lack of good roads, and to move across the thousands of lakes and water bodies.

That's the diofference. USA have huge fleet of large cargo planes, so for them transporting even 60+ tons heavy MBT's is not a great problem if nececary. So US Armed Forces are more akin for survivability, firepower and tactical mobility of their heavier ground vehicles. USMC is a bit different kind of story tough, they just need amphibious APC's and IFV's.

Russian Army on the other hand, especially VDV favors strategic mobility, tactical mobility and firepower over survivability.

But this is a subject for not even a discussion but a book, about what are the differences and why they exist.

BTW But actually US Army is searching also a lighter vehicles that can be much more easy air transportable, the priority have light tank for airborne troops, there is a lot of fuss currently in US Army to bring back the M8 light tank, modernize it slightly and voila. Especially that design passed all state trails, was standarized and was ready for production, just no orders were made.

Woah noice camo :)

Love those ak74 models, I remember them from arma 2 version.

Thanks for that mistyronin

That backpack looks real nice, anyone know the name of it?

BTW But actually US Army is searching also a lighter vehicles that can be much more easy air transportable, the priority have light tank for airborne troops, there is a lot of fuss currently in US Army to bring back the M8 light tank, modernize it slightly and voila. Especially that design passed all state trails, was standarized and was ready for production, just no orders were made.

Yeah I knew about the Growler ( that is designed even to be transported in a V22 ), which BTW would make a nice addition in the mod :p , but not about the M8.

Really interesting info. I'm afraid I would expend hours asking you about the subject, and although this mod is about Russia and US I think that would be considered off-topic and bore you, so I'll call it here, although I would appreciate if you could recommend me a good book on the subject on a PM ( comparison of doctrines ).

Edited by MistyRonin

Interesting stuff.

I feel like I have seen that growler jeep before...

Not sure if it was an arma 2 mod....

How would you know, or in fact how would you know better than Damian.

A few pages back someone was talking about the ECH and someone said it wouldn't be in because all the stuff is current day (or at least initially.) And then the tanks were current day era (and I think the guy said a few years old), nothing crazy like the proposed M1A3. I meant initially in the mod: didn't make that clear enough.

Some guys in the RHS Facebook page were talking about the possibility of a independent ( green ) troops.

I was checkin' Reyhard's video and I saw that in the Green side there are three groups: Africa Pirates, East Europe Rebels and Middle East Tribal...

Are they related to the mod or it's just another mod? :confused:

BTW in the BLUFOR also includes a side USA (USAF), with an aircraft folder.

All 3 of those are from caf aggressors I believe, I am 99% sure I have used those units before, they are not part of rhs for sure.

USA USAF could be from the us airforce mod, probably is. (never used USAF mod, but I suspect that is probs it.

Unless there is a air category under the same thing where he took those us men from, we have no indication of us air assets. (Also we have seen none in screenshots etc)

All 3 of those are from car aggressors I believe, I am 99% sure I have used those units before, they are not part of rhs for sure.

USA USAF could be from the us airforce mod, probably is.

AGGRESSORS are OPFOR, use different names, are in different sides, different texture, and don't have armor. And what's more important, are not supported by Zeus ( Ohally made it clear ). Unless it's an "edited" version.

And the USAF mod is under the USAF side in BLUFOR not in USA ( USAF )

- - -

I forgot to say that I like the USA ( USMC - Desert ) section :P

Edited by MistyRonin

Yeah, I think it's massifs african conflict or something.

Anyway I am still 99% sure I have used those units, trust me it's not rhs

Also, I agree... Liking the usmc desert section as well , maybe that is where the new Bradley they showed is located under?

Also, I agree... Liking the usmc desert section as well , maybe that is where the new Bradley they showed is located under?

Impossible. The Bradley should be in the USA ( Army ) - IFV

In the USMC Desert they only have tanks, so the Abrams.

Oh sorry, I am not familiar with that stuff.

Good to know though.