soul_assassin

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation A3 WIP Thread

Ah thank you.

The problem mostly is that I am not familiar with the Bradley and it's family members at all, I don't know the difference between Bradley and others, and who uses it.

Thanks though.

Here's some further work on our M4 model and textures, as well as a look at our M4A1PIP.

M4 Model: Bobman

CompM4 - Motherdear

M320, Matech BUIS, M4 & CompM4 Additions/fixes - Gurdy

Textures - Sabre.

M4MWSCCOss.jpg

M4MWSCCOM320ss.jpg

M4A1PIPss.jpg

Nice work.

What is the PIP version? (Ie: I am not familiar with what pip means, is it lightweight or something?)

Looking great.

Is the grip on the 320 supposed to be down while it's attached? I've never seen it that way before.

Here's some further work on our M4 model and textures, as well as a look at our M4A1PIP.

Gurdy don't lie! Tell us the truth, those are photos tuned so they seem like textures :P

( far beyond outstanding! a piece of art :) )

Edited by MistyRonin

Nice work.

What is the PIP version? (Ie: I am not familiar with what pip means, is it lightweight or something?)

Looking great.

The M4 product improvement program (PIP) is the effort by the U.S. Army to modernize its fleet of M4 service rifles. Phase I consists of converting and replacing regular M4s with the M4A1 version. This variant of the rifle is fully automatic and has a heavier barrel, and is given ambidextrous fire controls. Phase II of the PIP explored developing a new bolt carrier. 11 designs were submitted. The competition was scheduled to conclude in summer 2013, but ended in April 2012. Over six months of testing revealed that the current bolt carrier assembly outperformed the competing designs, especially in the areas of reliability, durability, and high-temp and low-temp tests. Phase II also includes a competition for a free-floating forward rail assembly. The Army may award contracts to up to three finalists in early 2013, with the selection of a final winner in early 2014. If the Army determines that the winning rail system should be procured, delivery of new rail is anticipated by the summer of 2014.[24] Phase I of the M4 PIP is to be completed by 2017.[25]
Is the grip on the 320 supposed to be down while it's attached? I've never seen it that way before.

The position of the folding front grip has no bearing on the operation of the M320 while it's mounted. Upto the operator :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56844908/RHSUSA/fm/4639652988_ddb07e6ea5.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56844908/RHSUSA/fm/compressed_AGI_M320GL_image1.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56844908/RHSUSA/fm/cots1307it_ard3_large.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56844908/RHSUSA/fm/hires_090701-A-3108M-007.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56844908/RHSUSA/fm/ranger-m320-hr.jpg

Edited by Sabre

@MikeTim & MistyRonin - I'm using AiA TP, RDS addons & Aggressors units with custom config (using rhs compatibile weapons, rpg18 added, zeus & indep added, done in fashion just like previous rds comp configs) so if we are not going to cope with creating some Indfor forces for 1st release then you wouldn't be left without nothing

I understand that everything is still WIP, but the step cut in the M4 barrels don't look very defined. They look textured on as opposed to being modeled in, so to speak.

It's amazing, but the stock looks a bit sloppier than the rest. The increased activity makes me hope that a preview version is near. :D

What can I say? Bravo! For such quality! :)

@MikeTim & MistyRonin - I'm using AiA TP, RDS addons & Aggressors units with custom config (using rhs compatibile weapons, rpg18 added, zeus & indep added, done in fashion just like previous rds comp configs) so if we are not going to cope with creating some Indfor forces for 1st release then you wouldn't be left without nothing

That's a really cool idea Reyhard. That config would give us mission makers a lot of possibilities.

Yeah that sounds great.

I think many of us would more than welcome some custom configs, I think that after release, some mag compatiblity configs would be good as well.

you guys released like 4 images in one day... good news.

M4 Model: Bobman

CompM4 - Motherdear

M320, Matech BUIS, M4 & CompM4 Additions/fixes - Gurdy

Textures - Sabre.

Wow, those are beautiful. One nit-pick...there's no auto sear pin on the left side of the receiver (above the safety).

ETA...is that a 16" barrel or a 14.5"? It looks a tad long. Still beautiful, though.

Does the US armament package also include the Stryker IFV's ?

Does the US armament package also include the Stryker IFV's ?

AFAIK these might not be in the initial release. ;)

However I am not Dev, so who knows!

You guys seem to be focusing on the US stuff in the screenshots more now...

Maybe this means the russian stuff is coming along nicley :)

Damian since you did alot of work with RHS team about their armor info, do you know if they are including all the stuff from reyhards east armor pack?

Damian since you did alot of work with RHS team about their armor info, do you know if they are including all the stuff from reyhards east armor pack?

I'm quite sure that the team has used their own versions, if you have played their other mods ( they been in business since OFP ), specifically the A2, you will know that they have their own BMPs and BTRs ( lots of them, with diff versions, some tanks and they also published in Facebook a retexture of the BTR60 and Shilka for A3 ).

Yeah they probs are including just about everything that was in it, probs just their versions.

But yeah your right they have some real good content behind them, I did use the arma 2 version, just not that extensivley.

That is kind of one of the reasons I am excited, I know that because they already have so much good content behind them, that none of it is a empty promise, and because they already have a good base to work upon, it gives them the ability to do more stuff (they dont totally reinvent the wheel like some other arma 3 mods).

We never saw anything about those mines they showed pics of tho, :(

I was only helping Gurdy with gathering informations for US AFV's mostly, and there was a bit of info gathering help from my end on BMD-4 family of vehicles which Gurdy was working on.

However I am more than certain that RHS have excellent models of Russian/Soviet AFV's, you can see on their Facebook fanpage beautifull models of T-72B series of tanks, they also will use T-80 series of tanks models made originally for A2 and other stuff.

You must understand that I am not a member of RHS, just an armor enthusiast with a bit of knowledge asked by Gurdy to provide help gathering informations and providing materials to create models.

My own personall dream for Russian faction would be to have T-64 series of tanks (which were created by one of my favorite tank designers Alexander Morozov, a true genius and visionary that I put among my other favorite tank designers like Israel Tal, the father of the Merkava and Phillip Lett creator of the M1 Abrams) and T-80UD. ;)

As for Reyhard models, AFAIK he used some models from A2, and these are not exactly precise and realistic.

Edited by Damian90

Yeah.

Some great soviet stuff I have seen it, good to hear!

There was some type of T-80 for old RHS arma 2, sorry I dont know the UD (I dont know any version differences)

but I guess its quite possible they would put in some type of t-80.

As for Reyhard models, AFAIK he used some models from A2, and these are not exactly precise and realistic.

It may sound selfish, but now I'm happy that BI opted for the pseudo-futuristic setting, because it triggered the creation by RHS of the full modern Russian and US factions, with all kinds of details and the more than outstanding models and textures.

RHS content has always been IMO way better than the vanilla ones in the OFP/Arma series.

( the T64 would be a great addition, specially if there is any chance for an Ukrainian faction for the greenfor / independent; the BMP64 too ).

Edited by MistyRonin

There was some type of T-80 for old RHS arma 2, sorry I dont know the UD (I dont know any version differences)

but I guess its quite possible they would put in some type of t-80.

Nah, the A2 variant of the mod had only the original T-80, the T-80B, T-80BV (with reactive armor added), T-80BK (command variant of the tank) and T-80BVK (command variant with reactive armor added) and also a T-80A which was a predecesor of T-80U and T-80UD variants but manufactured on a very little scale and never saw a large scale service as T-80U and T-80UD did.

It may sound selfish, but now I'm happy that BI opted for the pseudo-futuristic setting, because it triggered the creation by RHS of the full modern Russian and US factions, with all kinds of details and the more than outstanding models and textures.

RHS content has always been IMO way better than the vanilla ones in the OFP/Arma series.

I agree, did you saw Gurdy's M1 Abrams models?

These are the most realistic M1 tank models ever made for a game, the only thing comparable were models made for Steel Beasts Pro PE and Combat Mission Shock Force. Oh and of course Fishkopf and King Homer M1A1/M1A2 models made from OFP and later reused in the ACE1 mod for first ArmA.

The vanilla M1 models in OFP and previous ArmA games were awfully unrealistic with many wrong things, for example view from gunner sight was not where the gunner sight actually is.

Edited by Damian90

Ah I see.

Also I am just happy rhs is doing this work mistyronin, I can see what you mean though.

One thing to be fair over BIS tough. ArmA3 vehicle models like M2A1 Slammer/Merkava Mk4M are very realistic, so improvement in model making by BIS itself is very visible. Of course there are some things I would change, but overall it's a very good job. One thing tough, the NATO tracked vehicles should be slightly larger, as their real life counterparts are really large.

Hopefully RHS team will be capable to keep scale of vehicles just like in real life. Fact is that US tanks compared to Russian ones are larger in rather significant way.