soul_assassin

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation A3 WIP Thread

Would it be too out of your way to include unmarked versions as well? There are often instances where one would want to assign rus assets to another army (Syrian, Taki, etc) and unmarked would at least be less jarring than red stars.

I think that this is a very good idea.

Would it be too out of your way to include unmarked versions as well? There are often instances where one would want to assign rus assets to another army (Syrian, Taki, etc) and unmarked would at least be less jarring than red stars.

But Russian assets are not assigned to other nations, that is just local defence militia!

But Russian assets are not assigned to other nations, that is just local defence militia!

While you're technically correct, from an editing standpoint nothing is keeping mission makers from doing so. It just looks odd to see vehicles in full Russian markings in alternate nation scenarios those vehicles could conceivably be present. Hence the request for unmarked templates so they can be used more versatile.

Syria and taki were just examples.

While you're technically correct, from an editing standpoint nothing is keeping mission makers from doing so. It just looks odd to see vehicles in full Russian markings in alternate nation scenarios those vehicles could conceivably be present. Hence the request for unmarked templates so they can be used more versatile.

Syria and taki were just examples.

Ah I was just making a joke about the "remove markings" and everything that happened in Crimea! I also would love to see variants of everything with markings removed!

If I'm not wrong the mod devs are using a icon system to create diff. units as they did in A2. So it should be perfectly feasible to have one without markings.

Yeah, I made a post about unmarked/generic gear etc like, a while back in this thread.

It was like at least 15 lines :p if anybody wants to dig it up and quote it or something.

But yeah, I agree. +1 for Unmarked/Generic gear.

Hey guys are you or will you include Arctic camouflages?

Could be a good idea considering that the Arctic Circle could be the next global flashpoint with all those resources bordering so many countries.

Hey guys are you or will you include Arctic camouflages?

Could be a good idea considering that the Arctic Circle could be the next global flashpoint with all those resources bordering so many countries.

What??? As far as I know the territories where the Arctic Circle go across have well drawn borders.

I hope you mean the area north of the circle ( what is called the Arctic / Arctic Regions ).

http://montessorimaterials.com/sites/default/files/arctic_circle_map.jpg (345 kB)

In any case, would be cool to have snow camouflage, although as far as I know there are no snow maps for A3. So it wouldn't be much useful yet.

Right now decals system doesn't differ too much from A2 one so it's possible to set some custom decals (to get idea what can be made, you can check what is inside of a2 rhs_decals.pbo - there are even DDR or Polish markings) or make them off. Maybe later I will think to make it easier to change that by utilising set variable thing (like on bis hatchback for example) but that's not kind of priority as some remaking would be required.

Yep I did mean just the arctic...

geography... Not a strong point of mine.

Yep, apparently NATO and Russia have been flexing their respective military muscles up near the North Pole. due to the shrinking of the polar caps a LOT of gas and oil is now accessible and could lead to conflict... Probably not, but a cool scenario nonetheless

Yeah I would like to see arctic/snow whatever you want to call it camoflauges.

If I remember correctly, some of the russian soldiers just wear these white smock/ baggy thing that covers them all up with a hood.

Something like that.

Could you guys include simple retextures of the flags in the game, to have a Russian one, and some like Dontesk DNR (Dontesk narodnya respublika) flag and possibly a simple ukraine flag too.

This way for our scenarios there are less dependencies and such.

Also there is no Russian flag marker in the editor, one of those would be great too.

Edited by MikeTim
"logiks"

If you make that snow map, i'll personally do the winter camo ;)

OK cool. I need accurate modern Russians for a campaign I'm doing. Guess I'll have to wait for you guys to get this out there. :)

OK cool. I need accurate modern Russians for a campaign I'm doing. Guess I'll have to wait for you guys to get this out there. :)

I'm afraid you will have to be really patient, as they have experienced certain issues with the modding tools and haven't been able to test properly their assets, so...

I can take solace in the fact that Russia's uniforms are silly:

178388268.jpg

Plus you could totally stab someone with nipples that hard.

?

That is what goes under the uniform, you dont walk out in the field with only some fucking suspenders and a balaclava LOL :D

Unless you want your pants falling off in some Ukranian urban combat in dontesk, (while taking BMP fire) I think you will pay the price of wearing suspenders under your jacket.

They are probably demonstrating the different layers though.

?

That is what goes under the uniform, you dont walk out in the field with only some fucking suspenders and a balaclava LOL :D

Unless you want your pants falling off in some Ukranian urban combat in dontesk, (while taking BMP fire) I think you will pay the price of wearing suspenders under your jacket.

They are probably demonstrating the different layers though.

That's probably what they're doing. Or maybe just revealing Russian nipple knives to the wolrd.

Seriously. Those things are scary. Implement plox.

Nipples man, hard man-nipples! Stiff eye-gaugers, telelens-crackers, and so forth.. For real, the balaclava-dude has 'em.

2 Americans, a Dutchman and a confused Serb all walk into a bar...

:rofl:

2 Americans, a Dutchman and a confused Serb all walk into a bar...

:rofl:

You might be on to something there... :D

You might be on to something there... :D

Except thus American is too young to drink.

[Frowns intensifies.]

More onto the topic though, that uniform is newish. I don't know if that's going to be in the mod or not. It's pretty kewl.

On the subject of uniforms as a whole, I know that the Russians have like,a billion different uniforms and camos. Isn't issuing just walking into a warehouse and having whatever's at hand thrown at you? How does that work with the mod?

Will this be entered in the MANW contest? If so you have my support :)

It would be cool to see newer uniforms.

I hope that they are going to have the good ol Ssh-68 steel helmet though.

I would assume they will, since I think that some of their models from arma 2 had it.

it would be really cool if they made newer russian uniforms, like the ones of the "polite people" in crimea, but I don't think that is going to happen.

I'm afraid you will have to be really patient, as they have experienced certain issues with the modding tools and haven't been able to test properly their assets, so...

Well, I'll have to use Sudden's pack as a placeholder if they are not out in time (Their good, just not what I'm looking for). I'm looking forward to a release whenever that might be and the best of luck guys. If this is anything like the A2 mod then I'm sure its worth any wait. even if ArmA 4 is out before the mod :)