soul_assassin

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation A3 WIP Thread

There is simply no Arma game without RHS stuff.You're also one of the few oldest mod teams still around and making great content,basically I can't wait to get my grubby hands on your new toys.:turn:

AAF Plate carrier is completely different from the IOTV. It is very akin to the bullet proof vests produced in China and Pakistan, among others and does not compare as far as design finesse.

The AAF PC has no PALS rigging, and probably either has the pouches attached through a drawstring system or permanently affixed. It has no side plates, only cummerbunds. Instead of shaped plates like the IOTV has, fitted from the inside, it only has two large pouches in front and back on the outside of the vest's body.

http://www.bodyarmor-rongyi.com/bulletproof-vest/40.html <- this is very alike the AAF plate carrier.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/7/6178/6207850196_3e145f7cd5_z.jpg <- IOTV. Much more snug. It also features a quick release (one pull and the vest comes apart to get at an injured soldier, without having to manually pry the vest to pieces.) as well as the modular protective attachments.

As far as ergonomics go, the ITOV is probably superior. As to how good it actually is to use when being shot at I can't say for lack of experience, but I would expect it to be at least less bulky and easier to move around in than these massive chinese produced vests. There's also differences in coverage because of the way the plates are fitted in the vest. Both feature soft armor too, though.

Do you guys have any plans for a third faction, like some milita or indepndent guys or somthing?

I wonder if you guys could possibly make like "generic" texture versions for some stuff, like some generic brown version of a russian vest or some just like unmarked uniforms and stuff, especially for Russian stuff, stuff like a gorka or somthing could be used by civs too (like some blue addias texture or somthing) :)

Even if you guys didn't make any generic versions of stuff, it would be cool for maybe later on, someone make a config only thing as part of the mod that adds some independent guys just equipped with some of the mod stuff, like russian aks and such but not belonging to any particular faction (Makes stuff like MCC easier, this way you can spawn enemies that use the same guns/ammo so its not a weird logistic thing such as using caf_agressors).

Obviously a lot of people would want ukraine/crimea/russian rebel/seperatist guys but maybe some of this could be some heavy work so a config only thing with exsisting gear might make more sense earlier on.

Honestly you guys probably have a hidden treasure trove of stuff we don't know about :)

Good work, I hope to use this

Do you guys have any plans for a third faction, like some milita or indepndent guys or somthing?

I wonder if you guys could possibly make like "generic" texture versions for some stuff, like some generic brown version of a russian vest or some just like unmarked uniforms and stuff, especially for Russian stuff, stuff like a gorka or somthing could be used by civs too (like some blue addias texture or somthing) :)

Even if you guys didn't make any generic versions of stuff, it would be cool for maybe later on, someone make a config only thing as part of the mod that adds some independent guys just equipped with some of the mod stuff, like russian aks and such but not belonging to any particular faction (Makes stuff like MCC easier, this way you can spawn enemies that use the same guns/ammo so its not a weird logistic thing such as using caf_agressors).

Obviously a lot of people would want ukraine/crimea/russian rebel/seperatist guys but maybe some of this could be some heavy work so a config only thing with exsisting gear might make more sense earlier on.

Honestly you guys probably have a hidden treasure trove of stuff we don't know about :)

Good work, I hope to use this

Retexture all the stuff to resemble Eastern bloc countries, you mean?

Or just take the russian flag off the uniform and suddenly they become local militias. lol

Or just take the russian flag off the uniform and suddenly they become local militias. lol

I don't think local militia would be as equipped as russian infantry...

I don't think local militia would be as equipped as russian infantry...

I think he was talkin' about the Crimean & Donetsk "self-defense militia"...

I think he was talkin' about the Crimean & Donetsk "self-defense militia"...

"Da, we just totally bought this stuff at the, uh... surplus store! Da, that's it!"

@everyone who commented to my posts and the whole discussion resulting:

What I meant when speaking about generic stuff, and a good way to deal with "milita" and "defense force" items

What I meant really, was just some like generic textures of stuff.

For instance, lets say that RHS adds a bulletproof vest, lets call it Model 1.

Now, model 1 has a Russian Woodland texture, and maybe some specifically russian insignias on it (just making stuff up)

I would suggest that for every object, or at least certain types (ie:vests)

They could have non camofualge ones, just plain brown cloth cover, or some black cloth covering instead of camo, with no markings, to be used by anyone as part of some militia faction, or just extra items for a load-out, whatever.

So for model 1, they could have, X numbers of camos for Russians, then like 1-4 black, brown, olive plain texture versions, unmarked and such, so even if they dont make some milita factions we can make our own "militia load-outs" or some generic Eastern Europe (soviet) infantry guys or something.

The same idea can apply to helmets and uniforms, some unmarked plain green helmets or something (steel w/ no cover or such)

These items would not necessarily belong to a faction, they could just have a like "generic eastern gear" crate or something. This use could span from Crimean militias, all the way to some Syrian soldiers or something that could use these generic types of items.

I think this is a good idea because it allows more people to use the items (they don't really have to match camo, if some generic olive version is made, it can match most woodland camos, same goes for khaki colour--->will match most desert camos) this idea is not difficult to use, making a generic olive texture and khaki texture or black etc etc is not that hard if you already have some camo stuff, you just get some plain template you used or something, then apply a colour, some quick texture stuff and its done.

Overall:

Generic color/unmarked camo items, helmets, uniforms, vests can go a long way to helping build some generic factions, or just allowing players to use some items that will match better with most things, as opposed to having only camo that is different from their stuff, instead using a generic color. You don't really need to make a new faction if you don't want, just some of these retextured items (probably not even a real re-texture)

I hope this makes sense, especially since its a wall of text about such a simple idea. :cool:

Hope you devs can do something like this, thanks for the great mod work.

Edited by MikeTim
Spacing and format, looked worse than a bulgarian surlpus svt-40 :)

I have little time, and don't remember if I sended this to Gurdy, this is view from gunner thermal sights of the M1A1SA/FEP and M1A2SEP. Might help to model these sights.

Never mind. :)

Edited by Damian90

It was very silent about the mod for some time, so I think nobody will mind for a question, how is progress? :)

Remember that asking for updates is considered spam in this forums.

On the other hand, in one of their Facebook page's comment I could understand that they had had some issues after BI last update and that's why they weren't updating ( my Russian is awful and Google translate is crazy, so if anyone with better skills can translate this comment, better :) ).

Ðедавно БИСы обновили паковщик, он Ñломаный, поÑтому пока паковать не можем, ждём обновлениÑ.
Edited by MistyRonin

Due to broken updates of the BIS pbo packing tools we have not been able to pack and test new things for three weeks now. But that doesn't mean that things are moving along ;) Its frustrating for us as well, believe me. But according to BIS, final fixes to the packers should be coming any day now and normal operations can resume. With screens!.

Remember that asking for updates is considered spam in this forums.

On the other hand, in one of their Facebook page's comment I could understand that they had had some issues after BI last update and that's why they weren't updating ( my Russian is awful and Google translate is crazy, so if anyone with better skills can translate this comment, better :) ).

AFAIK asking for release was considered spam? My question was more technical related, to the models etc. Perhaps I was not specific enough.

And text in Russian says that BIS updated packing system (?) have problems, so they can't start packing everything just yet.

Soul Assassin was faster. ;)

Good to know that BIS is fixing this.

Great to hear about you Soul :) ( Damian thx for the translation anyway ).

Can't wait to see more!

AFAIK asking for release was considered spam? My question was more technical related, to the models etc. Perhaps I was not specific enough.
§5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Posting "any news" or "is it out yet" type posts are also spam. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles. Spam may be dealt with by post count reduction, Post Restriction and/or formal warning.

Thanks Ronin. ;)

BTW I wonder how RHS managed to model different kind of FCS work for different Russian tanks. Everyone knows how TPD-K1 works, but 1G42 and similiar sights are a bit of mystery even for me, and literature does not speak much about this. I suspect they are a bit similiar to the western tanks FCS/sights where reticle does not move after LRF "shot" when computer calculates distance.

@Mistyronin

The russian that guy wrote said somthing like this:

One of our team members got the new version of "addon builder" , its broken and its messing this stuff up, troubles with packing addons

I think.

He mightve mentioned the name of the guy or somthing but that is about it.

Edit:

Just realized the dev had responded,

FYI tho, all the addon makers are having this problem as well, I don't think it has been fixed people have been talking all about it on the forums here.

well, I got info for most sights/fcs now.

http://www.kotsch88.de/f_1g46.htm and in book техничеÑкое опиÑание по екÑплуатацйи Ñ‚80б there is description of how it works

http://otvaga2004.mybb.ru/viewtopic.php?id=745&p=32 - sprut sd & bmd 4 sight

and vesna-k form bmd4m & bmp3m http://www.kurganmash.ru/machines/bmp3u/fire_power/vesna-k/

And I can finally pack gain :)

BMD-4 (top), BMD-4M (middle) and BMD-4M with extra Armour (bottom) raw ingame screen. Most of us at RHS are able to use tools again to pack. This is the 1st time iv'e seen my final BMD4M textures ingame :)

SVQ9sOa.jpg

Edited by vasmkd

BMD-4 (top), BMD-4M (middle) and BMD-4M with extra Armour (bottom) raw ingame screen. Most of us at RHS are able to use tools again to pack. This is the 1st time iv'e seen my final BMD4M textures ingame :)

Pretty pretty! ( you could have set them in a position in which we could admire them better :P ).

https://i.imgur.com/SVQ9sOa.jpg

damn sexy

OFFTOP: TheEvanCat

If you mean DPR, LPR forces, well ... After all bombardings of the civilians by ukr's I would say there are more peoples wishing to join them. As for gear - it might come as a surprise for some - but they use Ukrainian equipment - which are also Russian made!

If Russia would be seriously involved then junta wouldn't stay in power for more than few days! Rest are just BS spread around by western 'reliable' sources - like the news by BBC that three Russian tanks crossed the border :icon_lol: (BTW funny enought that just yesterday 80 ukr soldiers crossed border with Russia to save their lives from federalists) T-64BVs which Russia does not possess (but ukr did... well in their time :icon_lol:) - now that reserve tank base in Artemovsk is in federalists control with over 500 armoured vehicles, MBTs, IFVs, mortar systems and Grad trucks. Good luck to western propaganda :icon_lol:

BTW really great looking progress on the mod, everything seems coming along nicely. Wish the RHS good luck with it (you guys prolly dont need it anyway) :cool:

Edited by fragmachine