soul_assassin

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation A3 WIP Thread

Hey guys we are currently looking for a technical documentation person. Someone with wikimedia experience is preferred :) The person would be fully responsible for making sure the documentation is up to professional standards.

We are working on recent/current US Army OCP gear in regards to Multicam. So it is accurate.

When 'Scorpion' is actually fielded en masse we'll probably look at it but until then I personally don't think it's worth it.

Isn't it FY2015 when it's going to be fielded? So that's October.

But, of course, nobody knows what the hell Scorpion even looks like (currently: I think it was tweaked from the earlier stages.) We'll have to wait and see, I guess.

Question to the devs:do you plan to remove the magic radar from vehicles that have not it in real life? i found this issue critical when playing realistic TvT scenarios

p.s:you are doing a top class work

Another update, this time showing the work in progress M4 Carbine and M16A4 for the US Forces.

RHSUSFM4WIPs.jpg

RHSUSFM16a4WIPs.jpg

RHSUSFM4M320WIPs.jpg

M4 Carbine and M16A4 models by Steven 'Bobman' Casey, Textures by Sabre.

M320 model by Gurdy, Textures by Sabre.

Wow thats nice piece of art! :)

Rhs going huuuge, great work guys.

One thing tough, US Army si currently upgrading it's M4's to M4A1 standard, which have new lower receiver that is ambidextreous (fire mode switch etc.) and also instead of 3 round burst, have full auto. So IMHO a standard weapon for US Army in mod, should be M4A1 not M4.

Just my two cents and suggestion. ;)

One thing tough, US Army si currently upgrading it's M4's to M4A1 standard, which have new lower receiver that is ambidextreous (fire mode switch etc.) and also instead of 3 round burst, have full auto. So IMHO a standard weapon for US Army in mod, should be M4A1 not M4.

Just my two cents and suggestion. ;)

Ambidextrous lower? That's not M4A1-spec, is it? As far as I know the only real difference between M4 and M4A1 is the amount of pewpews on the third setting.

There will be M4A1's, in accordance with the M4 PIP. Changes will be minimal to suite Phase I.

These are the initial rifles we chose to get out of the way though.

Ambidextrous lower? That's not M4A1-spec, is it? As far as I know the only real difference between M4 and M4A1 is the amount of pewpews on the third setting.

Nope, M4A1 currently have ambidextreus lower receiver with fire selector on both sides, dunno about magazine release and bolt release.

There will be M4A1's, in accordance with the M4 PIP. Changes will be minimal to suite Phase I.

These are the initial rifles we chose to get out of the way though.

Ok. :)

BTW what pistols RHS AFRF and USF will have?

I bet that USF will have M9/M9A1, M1911A1? Perhaps M45/M45A1 (modernized M1911A1)?

AFRF will have PM/PMM? GSh-18? PYa?

I will probably get a warning for this but I really like this mod so I have to ask :)

Are we by any change going to get an alpha release during June ? I don't ask for a specific date just only for a month.

Thank you and keep up the good work.

I will probably get a warning for this but I really like this mod so I have to ask :)

Are we by any change going to get an alpha release during June ? I don't ask for a specific date just only for a month.

Thank you and keep up the good work.

Incase you missed it, Soul_Assassin gave some info on release 2 pages back :)

Question to the devs:do you plan to remove the magic radar from vehicles that have not it in real life? i found this issue critical when playing realistic TvT scenarios

We haven't really looked into it, so I can't comment for sure--someone will get back to you on that.

BTW what pistols RHS AFRF and USF will have?

I bet that USF will have M9/M9A1, M1911A1? Perhaps M45/M45A1 (modernized M1911A1)?

AFRF will have PM/PMM? GSh-18? PYa?

M9 and PYa will be present, but I can't rule the others out. :p

As for radars, I believe there is just single config entry responsible for this.

Thanks for heads up Gurdy!

Knowing that Reyhard is working hard in the team, are you thinking to add some static weapons too? They would be a nice addition

In fact Reyhard's pack is already outstanding, just man them with your Russian soldiers and voilà!

Id'e say we definetly want to add some statics later at some point

http://andrei-bt.livejournal.com/274891.html

Russians just presented modified T-72B3. This could be T-72B3M mentioned some time ago in runet.

Already? :( We can't keep up with this stuff!

Just curious, what sounds where you guys thinking of using, or do you have custom sounds you have?

Atm we are using a mix of custom sounds and some BIS sounds--ideally, we would only have custom sounds, but we lack a dedicated sound engineer. :P

Hey guys do you intend to add also a third side like para military units we used to have in ArmA 2?

Thanks for this awesome stuff so far :)

Hey guys do you intend to add also a third side like para military units we used to have in ArmA 2?

Thanks for this awesome stuff so far :)

I think there are plenty of paramilitary units atm in other mods