soul_assassin

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation A3 WIP Thread

A small correction here. AK-47 is a non existing designation for a weapon standarized by Soviet Army.

Designation codes AK-46, AK-47 and AK-48 were only used for prototypes, however series manufactured weapon, accepted for service was designated only as AK for standard variant and AKS for variant with folding stock. Later modernized variants were codenamed AKM and AKMS.

AK-47 designation for a series manufactured rifle is nothing more than creation of Hollywood, and is considered as improper.

Soviet Army started using alphanumerical codes for Kalashnikov rifles with introduction of the AK-74 variant for 5,45x39mm ammo, thus alpha numerical codes are used only for this and newer Kalashnikov rifles.

Ok, history lesson ends here. ;)

BMD-4 and BMD4-M.

Models by Gurdy and Soul Assassin

Textures by VASMKD

BMD-4

Slxifsy.jpg

BMD-4M

LocOjZj.jpg

jFFvQQE.jpg

JumBK4H.jpg

BMD-4M Armoured

exfvH2o.jpg

e514Mpp.jpg

A couple of art pieces. :)

EDIT: If its not too much to ask, is there any new screen of the Tigr?

Edited by MistyRonin

I know this has been asked, but we never got a full answer. Just wandering if there is a list of everything that will be released with this mod. Really looking forward to the release, hopefully soon. Thanks again guys.

Drooling over the thought of being able to play with these things, hopefuly soon :) Amazing work as always !

I know this has been asked, but we never got a full answer. Just wandering if there is a list of everything that will be released with this mod. Really looking forward to the release, hopefully soon. Thanks again guys.

Honestly, we won't know until the alpha goes out the door--although I'd like to think we plan pretty well, you never know what might happen. We'd prefer to not to post a list until we know for certain you'll be receiving everything we put on it. :)

Honestly, we won't know until the alpha goes out the door--although I'd like to think we plan pretty well, you never know what might happen. We'd prefer to not to post a list until we know for certain you'll be receiving everything we put on it. :)

Well said Gurdy

We will put a list out if we decide to put one out in our own time and like Gurdy says we could include or remove anything at any moment before 1st release.

Please understand that no one in this mod works for pay, some of us have families to feed and issues to deal with in real life at times so we cannot work on a regular schedule. if we were being payed that would be a different story.

One must be said, these BMD's are beauties. ;)

Not the most exciting update compared to others but it's all part of the puzzle :D

Patrol Cap for RHSUSF.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56844908/RHSUSA/pcapwips.jpg

Modeled by Gurdy and Coloured in by myself.

a constructive criticism about the PCs. nitpic mode active sorry if i cant see it from here but on either the front or back of the PC there should be a seam going up the PC like so

Other than that. Holy christ its magnificent!

Hpwl66r.jpg?1

a constructive criticism about the PCs. nitpic mode active sorry if i cant see it from here but on either the front or back of the PC there should be a seam going up the PC like so

http://i.imgur.com/Hpwl66r.jpg?1

Mine has it on both front and back, though the seam for the lower band is only in the back , covered by the velcro name tape fuzz.

That being said, I agree. Fantastic work.

Ahhhh good 'ol RHS..I remember when you guys first starting showing your work with OFP/Resistance.

Great stuff, glad to see you guys are still here, especially from the beginning.

http://i.imgur.com/Hpwl66r.jpg?1

While it's not visible in the picture, I can assure you that it is there. :p

While it's not visible in the picture, I can assure you that it is there. :p

Indeed it is :)

capstitch.jpg

LMAO. So it is, so it is.

So, IOTV with the 9000 different configurations it can be set up as or only plate carriers?

This is going to sound pretty nooby, but is the IOTV (In plate carrier form) the same thing as the AAF "plate carrier digi" or whatever it is?

This is going to sound pretty nooby, but is the IOTV (In plate carrier form) the same thing as the AAF "plate carrier digi" or whatever it is?

I don't think so. The IOTV is covered in MOLLE, whereas the AAF platecarrier isn't (a heinous crime in tacticool circles.)

I'd also like 9000 IOTV variants so I can spend all day at the crate picking out new fashions for my character.

Well the IOTV has a Kevlar insert that is behind the actual plate and surrounds the body to provide protection where the plate isnt for shrapnel. Plate carriers are just that. They only have the plate on your front and back and thats it. shrapnel hits anywhere not covered by the plate, it will wound you. Oh and there are also optional side plates for the IOTV. There are also a good amount of Kevlar attachments that can be fitted to the IOTV such as neck, back of neck, groin, ass, and shoulder attachments. It is all up to Unit SOPs as to what you will actually be wearing.

Yeah I understand there are various types of configurations you can use it in, I am assuming you meant that yes, that AAF plate carrier is some version of a IOTV?

My thoughts about ITOV and plate carriers.

Well, it seems that IOTV's with maximum protection avaiable, are used in US Armed Forces, mostly by armored vehicle crews and mechanized infantry. They have vehicles, so they don't need a lither plate carrier for long marches on foot. So IMHO vehicle crews and mech infantry in the mod can use heavy IOTV with max protection, while light infantry could use SPCS (Soldier Plate Carrier System) vests.

I also mentioned AFV's crews, because US Army, USMC and ARNG for a long time invested in individual protection for VC's to further improve their survivability. The latest and gratest is the MSS or Mounted Soldier System, I think that video presentation is more usefull than text description.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lb3AX_gJE8

As a side note, it is actually funny how in vanilla ArmA3 tanks and other armored vehicles crews does not wear any kind of protection, while in reality in future, they will have more of that stuff on them than in the past. Good thing we can create replacement configs. ;)

PS. This is only a suggestion, not demand or something.

Edited by Damian90

This mod assets are looking awesome, but are you taking consideration the amount of "polys" for the assets?, I am fearing that maybe your mod increase the requirements to run smoothly the game.

This mod assets are looking awesome, but are you taking consideration the amount of "polys" for the assets?, I am fearing that maybe your mod increase the requirements to run smoothly the game.

We've done this for long enough to know what the limitations are.