Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

Alright guys sorry for the delay, im just putting in some new high-res animated smoke, ive added some shit hot new effects is well, im really close to releasing. I would like to post some videos but im gonna keep this one unseen till release cause its pretty impressive i do say myself lol.

Can't wait OS, take your time and give us perfection :)

OS posts... arma community swarms :P

good job bud looking forward to it

Thanks for the great news....can´t wait. Arma3 is a shit without mods like yours.

Alright guys sorry for the delay, im just putting in some new high-res animated smoke, ive added some shit hot new effects is well, im really close to releasing. I would like to post some videos but im gonna keep this one unseen till release cause its pretty impressive i do say myself lol.

The intensity intensifies intensely... :o

The intensity intensifies intensely... :o

[iNTENSELY INTENSE INTENSITY INTENSIFIES]

Lookin forward to update ^^

Cant wait, Blastcore has always in my opinion been the mod that gives arma the visceral kick in the rear that it needed.

There I don´t look at the modding section for a few weeks and one look at this thread has me addicted again :p Looking forward to it.

I know i know, ive been working flat out non-stop for the past 3 weeks sometimes working all night and into the next day sleeping days and shit.

I am completely spent lol. But most of the hardwork is done now, its just been polishing and making things smoother and i just been making sure everything is working properly that there are no issues outstanding and that the mod is comp with other addons. I tried getting my animated smoke working properly in phoenix but it looked pretty shit so im gonna leave it out, but the current lineup for releases are >

- BC:Phoenix

- BC:SmokeGrenades & Vehicle CM Smoke

- BC:Skies beta (makes clouds more fluffly less fractual, also adds more properties during keyframes in the weather cycle)

- BC:Non-Blinding Sun (Still provides some glare but does not wipeout the screen, makes sunsets more pleasant to watch. Mod is optional)

- BC:Tracers (update to the tracers mod, fixes some ammo classnames)

Ive been testing and testing and not found any issues so far with phoenix, so fingers crossed.

Edited by Opticalsnare

I know i know, ive been working flat out non-stop for the past 3 weeks sometimes working all night and into the next day sleeping days and shit.

I am completely spent lol.

Don't go berserk and faint before the mod comes out please ;)

joke apart, great news, and glad to see the mod comes with such modularity. keep up the good work!

We demand teaser videos!!! :D

---------- Post added at 22:34 ---------- Previous post was at 22:32 ----------

Also will your awesome weather make it into this release? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuF-bYaGWwY

Im still working on that, i just to work out how to activate the script during thunderstorms.

Don't go berserk and faint before the mod comes out please ;)

joke apart, great news, and glad to see the mod comes with such modularity. keep up the good work!

I know but i gotta get done what i can before i go back to work cause then i won't have much time to work on the mods anymore cause il be whey too busy working on my car, i got bits of engine and stuff lying all over my house and i miss my car.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Will your update allow for less particle-based effects and more sprite-based effects (perhaps as an option in the userconfig)?

I love the dust and blood sprites from bullet hits, but having to put my particles on high to see these is very taxing (even on my 4GHz i7 + GTX 970). To be honest, I'd be very happy with sprite-only based effects - I find them much more believable.

Also, will the updated smoke grenades be reduced in size as to not fool players into thinking they're concealed (when in reality the AI only see vanilla smoke, which is much smaller in size)?

Looking forward to the update, love Blastcore ;)

Edited by MisterGoodson

Will your update allow for less particle-based effects and more sprite-based effects (perhaps as an option in the userconfig)?

I love the dust and blood sprites from bullet hits, but having to put my particles on high to see these is very taxing (even on my 4GHz i7 + GTX 970). To be honest, I'd be very happy with sprite-only based effects - I find them much more believable.

Also, will the updated smoke grenades be reduced in size as to not fool players into thinking they're concealed (when in reality the AI only see vanilla smoke, which is much smaller in size)?

Proberly not, honestly i think this will be the last major update from me. Look how long its taken me just to do a update..

Edited by Opticalsnare

Hey OS!Quick question-will the BC skies addon have an impact on FPS?i find cloud settings make no difference to my framws,but if you are changing the values i wonder if that will have an effect.Are the sky effects optional?Awaiting the update with baited breath here :)

Hey OS!Quick question-will the BC skies addon have an impact on FPS?i find cloud settings make no difference to my framws,but if you are changing the values i wonder if that will have an effect.Are the sky effects optional?Awaiting the update with baited breath here :)

No change

We all appreciate the effort and hard work you have put into this OS, I can tell you that me and my group consider Blastcore a mainstay in our modset, We often blow stuff up especially at night just to watch it burn. lol

Proberly not, honestly i think this will be the last major update from me. Look how long its taken me just to do a update..

oooooooooooh so that is why the AI kept shooting at me through the smokescreens. See, I never knew why that was, and I thought either something was bugged, or the ai is ignoring smoke completely.

So can we somehow disable the larger smokescreens ourselves? Because this is actually completely gamebreaking, now that I realise what the issue was.

oooooooooooh so that is why the AI kept shooting at me through the smokescreens. See, I never knew why that was, and I thought either something was bugged, or the ai is ignoring smoke completely.

So can we somehow disable the larger smokescreens ourselves? Because this is actually completely gamebreaking, now that I realise what the issue was.

Pretty sure the smoke grenades are now part of a separate addon.

OS, Hi!

What about apfsds hit effect?

(hit on 1:14:32, 1:14:36)

(also on 1:14:43 heat)

and on this video on 18:51

When I had my 970, I had not problems at all running in on max settings, in fact I put the supersampling on 150% so the videocard got something to do.