Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

When I had my 970, I had not problems at all running in on max settings, in fact I put the supersampling on 150% so the videocard got something to do.

I think the issue is more related to Arma 3's particle engine than Blastcore.

Put your particles on high (in video settings), grab a machine gun and put it on full auto, aim at the ground about 1m in front of you, and zoom in (right click). Now fire full auto into the ground and keep firing.

Notice how the machine gun fire isn't constant (i.e. it stutters)? Now put your particle effects on low and do the same thing (still zoomed in). No more stuttering - the firing is constant (and so are the frames).

This only occurs when zooming in or using optics. Try the test again without zooming in and you won't notice any stuttering.

I think the issue is more related to Arma 3's particle engine than Blastcore.

Put your particles on high (in video settings), grab a machine gun and put it on full auto, aim at the ground about 1m in front of you, and zoom in (right click). Now fire full auto into the ground and keep firing.

Notice how the machine gun fire isn't constant (i.e. it stutters)? Now put your particle effects on low and do the same thing (still zoomed in). No more stuttering - the firing is constant (and so are the frames).

This only occurs when zooming in or using optics. Try the test again without zooming in and you won't notice any stuttering.

It happens in most engines, most games have a much lower particle generation and lifespan when it comes to impacts. Its because of the calculations needed for each emitter interval, so a more complex particle effect will obviously use more resources calculating how its produced and combine with the fact that its trying to generate a new particle every 0.09 of a second or whatever the rate of fire of that weapon is then your going to have a issue.

Anyway will be releasing tomorrow evening. :)

Edited by Opticalsnare

Anyway will be releasing tomorrow evening. :)

Huhu :computer:

OS what an amazing news :D.

But now i have two things to worry the new Blastcore and GTA V what a mind blown,thanks for your hard work

Hey Os !

Just want to thank u for ur amazing work.. Arma is really poor without blastcore.

Again thank you, and keep up the good work.

Ps : do you plan to release some teaser like on rc1/2 ? :)

Yes! Time to blow up stuff until E3...thanks OS, as others have said this mod is special and transforms a great game into something even better.

the current lineup for releases are >

- BC:Phoenix

- BC:SmokeGrenades & Vehicle CM Smoke

- BC:Skies beta (makes clouds more fluffly less fractual, also adds more properties during keyframes in the weather cycle)

- BC:Non-Blinding Sun (Still provides some glare but does not wipeout the screen, makes sunsets more pleasant to watch. Mod is optional)

- BC:Tracers (update to the tracers mod, fixes some ammo classnames)

Well, btw, guessing we can consider BC:Phoenix as the "core files" and others as optional stuff, can we merge those we take into a unique mod file?

Get in my son!

Getting a 'The file you are looking for seems to be unavailable at the moment. Please come back later. ' error presently .... probably needs a little upload time :)

Edited by Kremator

"The file you are looking for seems to be unavailable at the moment. Please come back later."

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 :)

don´t work. Many errors like this:

22:57:15 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/arifle_MX_ACO_pointer_F.nameSound'.
22:57:15 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
22:57:15 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/arifle_MX_ACO_pointer_F.type'.
22:57:15 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/arifle_MX_ACO_pointer_F.simulation'.
22:57:15 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/arifle_MX_ACO_pointer_F.fireLightAmbient'.
22:57:15 Warning Message: Size: '/' not an array
22:57:15 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/arifle_MX_ACO_pointer_F.weaponLockDelay'.
22:57:15 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/arifle_MX_ACO_pointer_F.weaponLockSystem'.
22:57:15 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/arifle_MX_ACO_pointer_F.cmImmunity'.
22:57:15 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/arifle_MX_ACO_pointer_F.weight'.
22:57:15 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/arifle_MX_ACO_pointer_F.lockingTargetSound'.
22:57:15 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/arifle_MX_ACO_pointer_F.lockedTargetSound'.
22:57:15 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/arifle_MX_ACO_pointer_F.detectRange'.
22:57:15 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/arifle_MX_ACO_pointer_F.muzzles'.

etc.

Addons: Only Blastcore

Aye ... downloading now. Testing in 3, 2, 1 and BLASTCORE (see what I did there ?)

No primary weapons work. They don't show in the virtual arsenal. I am unable to load play anything in the editor and any scenarios work but I spawn without a primary weapon.

I get this error when loading the virtual arsenal, editor or mission:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/arifle_MX_ACO_pointer_F.selectionFireAnim'.

and this error when I load my game.

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/arifle_MX_ACO_pointer_F.nameSound'.

Only using CBA and Blastcore on 1.46 stable.

GameFront download links are very very broken atm. Anyone that dl:ed it that can mirror? :)

No primary weapons work. They don't show in the virtual arsenal. I am unable to load play anything in the editor and any scenarios work but I spawn without a primary weapon.

I get this error when loading the virtual arsenal, editor or mission:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/arifle_MX_ACO_pointer_F.selectionFireAnim'.

and this error when I load my game.

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/arifle_MX_ACO_pointer_F.nameSound'.

Only using CBA and Blastcore on 1.46 stable.

I can confirm this.

Well everything seems to work fine for me :). It seems that even the issues with some of the user made vehicles have been ironed out, great job OS!