The howitzer if my Google-Fu is correct? Maybe... kind of a stretch though but maybe, maybe not as I need to shift gears a bit for that, so who knows.

Ahh gotcha.

Ask me in a day or two, I've been racking my brain for a couple hours trying to get a fucking gun to show a muzzleflash on a fucking gun so no answer tonight.

---------- Post added at 02:16 ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 ----------

Well oddly enough the binarization process is jacking up all muzzle flashes (unless I'm just wrong) but after copying and pasting several proxies and no worky it seems that they're all fucked until BIS fixes that too (and yes, will let pettka know).

Edited by EricJ

Sounds like you're having a bad day Eric. Keep in there, I'm sure you'll figure it out or BIS will fix it one day.

It may be me just not using the new model.cfg, so I need to see if that works and fixes the issue as the BIS and RHS weapons are working so that may (hopefully) fix it. Yeah I spent all day on this thing and the last thing to finish (despite some other unrelated touchups) has been like "Okay work with me, please?" but yeah tomorrow I may, hopefully.

Oh! I mean, Ur Thompson pack Include WW2 type gun, but iy have really small Stock.

is it normal?

Well... no. Unfortunately due to my inability to do anims it's a "best fit". There are models without the stock and may be better doing rather than it looking somewhat silly like that. Normally you can grip the weapon but its a bit more forward than most modern weapons today.

That is beyond my control as far as the effects when you hit another rifle with a bullet, not my effect at all... purely BISLogic on that one. Matter of fact I didn't know you could do that...

Ericj, you should talk to Toadie. He recently updated all his weapon packs with the proper metal hitbox for bullet impacts. It is in your control, and he knows how to do it. I'm sure he'd help you out

I'll look into it later on, as I'm sure it's something I can look at in the Sample Models down the road. I'm just stuck doing other shit at the moment so my focus isn't on A3 that much yet.

Have you decided to knock the Mk20 on the head Eric? I know you were having problems with it :(

It's not so much a problem with the weapon or weapons, Addon Builder AFAIK is still jacked up (pettka said they're working on it) or not working properly, the latest patch ruined a lot of muzzle flashes not only on my mod, but a lot of others (SOCMOD and RH's as the ones I saw) but BIS's and RHS's are working. I just did a custom weapon for another person and he said via PBO Project the muzzle flashes do work, so that's on BIS why they're broken. And then the glitch where it seems to take much longer than normal for large PBOs. So far the weapon is setup properly but since I can't PBO it and put it in-game I'm kinda dead in the water for the whole mod as a whole.

Just a note about my weapons pack, it came about on PWS (now fixed, again thanks Sonsalt6) that CBA wasn't a dependency, as a player brought it up so when you download this pack from PWS it will add CBA (which from what I'm seeing so far). The reason is that it's becoming a great addon anyway for other mods but it has to be included for the AT4. Still have to check on the Addon Builder and go from there.

Hey eric I noticed a few pages back someone mentioned your hit effects on your rifle. The feature has been around forever just easily overlooked. Im being lazy but I typed this up regarding body armor, but the same rule applies to weapons

Absolutely spartan, but only to an extent. Actual body armor can be simulated pretty well using fire geo lod and rvmat/bisurf material definition. Many aspects can be defined, including density, bullet pentrability, even hit sounds. It can only be done i think if you have access to the actual p3d lods, but dont quote me. Id imagine alot of these guys making body armor havent implemented this great aspect correctly(or at all). Can be used on almost any different material, each can be fine tuned and tested, buildings, cars, helmets, weapons, etc. There are special ones like windows, but simple enough. If i remember correctly bullet speed plays a huge role on penetration(arma engine limitation). Alot can be found about needed info on the wiki

Quick example. You could have a vest, have a standard fire geo lod, and then have an actual plate in there. Plate thickness also plays a role in penetration, the biggest role. Anywho you could define two seperate materials, each with their own penetration hit values. The cloth portion would clearly not stop a bullet, but you could maybe slow it down a tad. And the actual plate would provide threat level protection based on the plate youve made. You get my point :)

So, you can define your hit material, can even define the hitsound, say between a HK416 metal or a SCAR plastic. If you really wanted to you could define this for all aspects, forward grips, bipods, optics, etc. Everything you would need to know is on the wiki.

the latest patch ruined a lot of muzzle flashes not only on my mod, but a lot of others (SOCMOD and RH's as the ones I saw) but BIS's and RHS's are working. I just did a custom weapon for another person and he said via PBO Project the muzzle flashes do work, so that's on BIS why they're broken.

Regarding muzzle flashes bug, could it be some mod conflict? BIS people swear that they didn t touch muzzle settings in 1.36 patch.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Yes it s a BIS engine bug:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...=1#post2835910

more on a subject - here.

Hey eric I noticed a few pages back someone mentioned your hit effects on your rifle. The feature has been around forever just easily overlooked. Im being lazy but I typed this up regarding body armor, but the same rule applies to weapons

So, you can define your hit material, can even define the hitsound, say between a HK416 metal or a SCAR plastic. If you really wanted to you could define this for all aspects, forward grips, bipods, optics, etc. Everything you would need to know is on the wiki.

Thanks brother, I'll look into it when packing a large PBO is copasetic

Regarding muzzle flashes bug, could it be some mod conflict? BIS people swear that they didn t touch muzzle settings in 1.36 patch.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Yes it s a BIS engine bug:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...=1#post2835910

more on a subject - here.

Yep, I've so far noticed that on the SOCMOD weapons, and RH's weapons as well as mine. A guy who I did a Colt LE901 had the same problem, but he used PBOProject and it shows.

Right now guys no, I haven't forgotten about the mod and the updates, etc. I'm taking kind of a break because of this issue, so when things are back to normal (Pettka said he's looking into it so I'll trust him to figure it out) and I run the Tools once a day to see if it works. So again much appreciated guys but like 1.24, well unlike 1.24 it was my fault for simply not restarting my computer to catch the update, but this is not the end of the world for my mod, just a setback until they get it fixed. And it's given me time to re-work and do things elsewhere so I keep my eyes and well eyes peeled and of course a daily check of the Tools so when it gets working again I'll post updates showing the continued progress.

Wait a second did I red it correctly? Colt LE901 in 7.62 or 5.56? Is it new reworked model or just semi-auto version of your M4 custom? that s a good news anyway Eric! are You planning to release it separately, or incorporating it to the weapon pack in the future?

I personally would love to sea it released as separate download here until addon builder SNAFU gets sorted out.

Regards.

Edited by Bolo861

No it won't be in this weapons pack, but for a mod by andrewasedwards or something like that name as I forgot the mod name as well unfortunately to reference it. But it was a request and nothing more, I don't want to do many small weapon packs (I got enough shit on my mind as it is) as a "solution" to a problem that's beyond my control.

Just got the update for A3 Tools. It packs normally (takes about five minutes instead of then... thanks pettka!) so things will start rolling... tomorrow, just have to finish a DCS skin and while the muzzle flashes are borked still (as well as other mods, still) I can at least get something out soon.

Good to hear that things are starting to work for you again Eric. Was starting to suffer withdrawl symptoms. In need of regular infusions of EricJ products.

---------- Post added at 00:12 ---------- Previous post was at 00:05 ----------

Eric, would you consider adding the new Surefire 60 and 100 round magazines to your mod for the Scars and AR models?

I actually did a 60-rounder earlier this year (as an alternative to the Beta C-Mag) but when I backed up my mods (routinely) I copy, delete the previous version, and paste the newer version. I'm not keen on (not intended...) going ballistic on everything. I got enough issues to worry at the moment. And to answer your question Bolo861 it was a 7.62mm upper. Fucking rail system took a few hours in itself, but it's done for now and as said, it was for a mod so I like to keep some sort of exclusivity in regards to some people's needs, so its not like I can't, I just try to respect those modder's requirements before the weapon pack.

Ookay with Addon Builder functioning as it should, back to some A3 gun work. Added so far the small ridged area on the bottom of the stock, and as you can see I still have to adjust the frame of the stock to the rear of the receiver but otherwise almost there:

wip625.jpg

---------- Post added at 17:17 ---------- Previous post was at 16:02 ----------

Other than needing to be textured... pretty much "done" I think. You guys want any iron sights on it? And I was thinking of adding that little magazine thingamajig (more like a FN style Magpul, yes I understand what it is, just being layman for a bit) as well.

I may do the 60-rounders for the next release as it's just some time I need to focus on getting this later version out, so I figure after this version is uploaded I can add some SureFire (like those mags actually) mags so yeah I said NO before but now that I can see where I'm at now, I can flex and do that after this update. Fair?

Oh yeah there's an image too:

wip626.jpg

Iron sights would be a good idea in case anyone want to put it in a survival mission where they may not have an optic to put on it

Are your normals messed up, or is that just some really rough modelling?

Probably rough modelling as that was done with a normals redo.

Iron sights would be a good idea in case anyone want to put it in a survival mission where they may not have an optic to put on it

True but given the game I can get away with it. So I'll see what I can do.

Surefire mags would be a great addition Eric, but only when you are ready to do them. Mk20 is coming along nicely.