Wansec_6 yes I do have one actually, but I'll check on if I can use it.

I'm not sure HJohnson is even on the forums anymore, haven't seen anything from him lately, so I can ask but I'm not holding my breath either. Besides the magazine is fullly encased, so if you want to spend that time reloading each shell by all means go for it.

That's good to hear Eric. I have an idea for the Thompson if you are allowed to use it. Will elaborate more if you can. Thanks for the reply.

Well I do have a basic model and yes, a Tactical model as well (amazing what you can come up with these days, but the thing works...) so run it by and if I get permission to use it then I'll see what I can do.

---------- Post added at 13:22 ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 ----------

And the PDW in-game, at that time the model.cfg was acting weird even though I was sure I did everything right, so the muzzle flash is visible, but overall that's the general appearance of the weapon, and may just leave it black, looks just amazing that way... Also I'm going to use some Troy battlesights (the ones from the CZ805 from Arma 2, or more pointedly, the type on the MX weapons, to include the tritium night sights) as they would look real good on that weapon rather than new build sights.

wip580.jpg

wip581.jpg

Also with John_Spartan's F/A-18 Super Hornet at 1.8.3 he managed to get the pylons invisible by default (he approached me for the project so he just got the config/scripting working right, so I (not visible in this shot though) moved the "US NAVY" to the side of the fuselage rather than where they are for a line tactical version:

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e7rdde92m59djfa/%40BlueAngelsRC4.7z?dl=0

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Blue Angels Skin Mod

RC4

- Adjusted aircraft texture to match the update for 1.8.3

It does and may add that to my personal weapons pack as well... :)

Also want to note that the TMR bug is not just happening to my weapons, I was playing in the Virtual Arsenal with the Mk200 and noticed the same issue (when the bipod is still deployed) when reloading, just FYI

Thanks!

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

The M249 issue is simply a quick fix (matter of fact fixed it a few minutes ago) as the memory point for the model.cfg to reference simply wasn't there. Now it'll stay in place and not "dance" around.

The second issue... I'll readjust the proxy for the scope so it's more in line so to speak with the other SCARs in my pack, and quite honestly didn't know that either, but will put on the Will Fix list. And as for positioning... I personally don't like it (I like it over the mag, M4 habits really) but on average people like it where it's at and also... finding that sweet spot given scope models is just in some cases "not right" for others, as honestly we all have our preferences on optics and that was to keep it as "good" for other players and so on. So I can move it a notch but in the end I can't account for BIS or even third party made scopes either. So I can only do so much in order to keep the masses happy versus clipping issues.

Good to hear about the m249.

Sure i understand about the clipping issues, which is why i was suggesting moving the proxy for all the scars between where it is right now on the scar l short barrel black (away from the shooter' s face, looks great with the reflex sights, not so much with acogs, elcan specters...etc and some long range scopes), and where it is right now with the rest of the scars (much closer to the shooter' s face, looks great with low magnification scopes such as acogs, specters...etc and some long range scopes, but causes clipping issues with some optics such as some other long range scopes, the eotech/magnifier combo...etc and looks stupid with the reflex sights. I think that it would be a middle ground that would look decent with the vast majority of the available optics.

And since everybody is pulling requests or so it seems, i' ll throw in mine just in case: Would it please be possible to include a SCAR H STD with EGLM? I assume that it shouldn' t be too hard to make since you have all the needed parts ready.

Just some more bugs(?) i noticed:

-The reddot sights in your pack have their FOV fixed.

-When looking through the reddot on top of your acog, it zoom in slighly as was the case in Arma2, instead of keeping the same fov wether looking trough the sight or not as is the case in Arma3.

-The PEQ15/Flashlight/bipod attachment isn' t showing up again. I' m pretty sure that this has already been mentioned.

Thanks for all the work you' ve put in this pack and continue to do.

I'll see what I can do about the SCAR...

As for the FOV I'm not sure if that's a bad thing or a good thing, as I can adjust the FOV for the RMR sight a little back but do so far I've had little problem with the M68 FOV.

I'll see what I can do about the SCAR...

Thanks!

About the FOV, yeah i wasn' t sure if it was a bug or it was intended, personally i prefer the vanilla method but since it' s your pack it' s your call obviously.:D

Yeah I used it one time in Invade and Annex and was in a building nearly killing a squad with that optic so it works :D

Maybe on the Mk20, let me get these weapons out and the fixes before doing a build. I've figured out how to make it (not hard but it needs some focused time to do so) but right now let me focus on the weapons right now and see how it goes.

That's more of a consensus thing as always opposed to always a single idea... granted I'm getting a little bit more flexible in taking requests, but I'll see what I can do if I can use that vanilla hand placement on the weapon.

Thanks for your kind consideration.

No problem and as said if the stock anim works it may be used, but the SCAR anim is doing very well in being a "jack of all trades" anim as well so when I get a chance I'll check it out and see how it goes.

Some more PDW work, this time filling out the removed stock area and adjustment of the original MP5 buttstock to get the shape as close as possible:

wip583.jpg

Also you can see the rear sight as well, taken again from the Arma 2 sample models (ACR)

A tactical style Thompson was what I had in mind Eric. My thought was to replace the standard stock with a Scar stock and replace the wooden forearm with a RIS of somekind. If it was an M1 or M1A1 you could also put a full length rail across rhe top of the receiver. With M1 or M1A1 you could also create ambidextrous cocking handles.

Got the idea watching Sons of Guns. They created a tactical 1928 Thompson (select fire) from a semi-auto civilian version for the local sheriff's office. Because of the top mounted cocking handle they just added a RIS to the front of the weapon. It looked great and the swat cops who tested it loved it.

Just something different I thought you would be interested in creating.

---------- Post added at 23:41 ---------- Previous post was at 23:39 ----------

That PDW SCAR is coming along well.

This is what I did for Jack Sparrow for the [JTG] group, given that it was a model from TurboSquid I'll have to see about usage rights (they're really poor in providing any form of contact, well some people are):

wip584.jpg

That looks really good Eric. Though I think it would look better with a longer stock. Perhaps even a small length of rail on the rear of the receiver as well. Will await receival of your approval to use. Thanks again.

Actually no, given the overall animation of the more "tactical" way to hold a weapon nowadays and thankfully reflected in the anims, it's not going to work. The reason is that the original model stock clipped right through the body and therefore I had to slide the stock as in that picture there. This is me two years ago in Vegas posing with a Tommy gun (I'm 6' 4") at the crime museum there and even then while it's fairly easy for me to hold and sight it still was a little uncomfortable with me "shouldering" the weapon, even though it was on a pedestal like that. Even looking at the pic my eyes were just a tad forward of the rear sight so for now the stock position is good for the A3 anims:

http://562.50megs.com/Eric/54252_10151244570329855_2138629240_o.jpg

BTW re-looking at the page I can use it with free credit so yeah I can put it in:

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/546908 (Link to original model)

Watched some James Bond earlier and back to the grind...

Some range testing with the PDW. For the most part it's almost completed, as I have to adjust the mesh around a bit and put what I assume is a cheek rest behind the iron sights. But she's zeroed which is good.

wip585.jpg

wip586.jpg

wip587.jpg

wip588.jpg

Well I could put a rail piece still on the receiver, it's not a big deal really so I can see but you're not going to be sniping anybody given the .45's performance anytime soon, but as said I can throw it on there and adjust the proxy back.

[/color]BTW kgino1045 good idea, checked it out and frankly looks pretty damn cool to be frank about it:

wip589.jpg

Can't wait to see what you come up with. That Scar looks really good too.

Thanks!

Managed to re-adjust some parts better on the weapon, and added the what in my opinion is the dumbest piece on the weapon, the "cheek rest" but as such FN aren't a bunch of morons so whatever, it's there so it's on the weapon:

wip590.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:56 ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 ----------

Also while i was integrating the AA-12 and the SCAR PDW in the configs, the non-ASDJM config didn't have the added suppressors or the flash suppressor, which has been fixed.

Gods boots, thats a top looking weapon system. Excellent work, just excellent. :cool:

Edited by taumargin