The L85 RIS has no textures on part of the RIS resulting in it being white

Oh how curious, I ve always thought that RIS on L85 is in light sandy color a la Daniel Defense but when I looked closely it indeed is missing part of the texture but it doesn t generate any errors and is not a big deal.:)

Anyway, when I have time I will test new RC47 release.

Regards.

Edited by Bolo861

Oh how curious, I ve always thought that RIS on L85 is in light sandy color a la Daniel Defense but when I looked closely it indeed is missing part of the texture but it doesn t generate any errors and is not a big deal.:)

Anyway, when I have time I will test new RC47 release.

Regards.

It depends the tan colour is usually a form of rail cover

Hey Eric, so if I could make a suggestion on the M240, any chance you can drop us the M240L? A lot of mods already have the B, and the L as I'm sure you know are slowly replacing em (even in AF cop squadrons surprisingly). Though it'd mean abit of modeling for you I'm sure, the L would be very appreciated.

I did this for the SOCMOD people so it'll probably end up being a duplicate of the work I've already done:

wip561.jpg

Lol well that answers that!

Now you've got me more ansy for the SOCMOD update

Yep they'll probably tweak it so I'll probably do an older model (not sure if the L is formally fielded yet) 240B instead just to give some sort of "exclusive" look to the SOCMOD group.

Yeah I try to keep as busy as possible :)

Did some guesstimation but over a thirteen year period I've done at least around 164 skins of varying degree, fuck that's a lot of work. But I got a "donation" for an M240L so when I check it out sometime I'll add it if it's good to go. So probably next week I'll get cracking on RC48.

Edited by EricJ

Where do you get that from? I checked the model on a whim and other than me having to remove the Elcan sight, it looks good. Kinda like what I already did though.

Somehow things got cornfusing. I may not do an L version of the 240B, I may just do a simple old school 240B that is in existence right now (I would assume as units just don't get it lightning quick or status that the L has been adopted is still unsure, but I need to check). So there is an L, and it's a part of the SOCMOD release, when they decide to release it. SO to straighten this conversation out the L may not be done. However, the L that was sent to me by Lennard may be used, I don't know as I have both versions handy, the B and L.

Your awesome EricJ. Can't wait

Edited by armyinf

Indeed some interesting news I got tonight !!! Can't wait for yours and SOCMOD next releases ;)

@armyinf: Yes I do, I just need to modify Lennards models (the side rails are wrong, no separating rubber pieces) but yes I will include it in the next version.

Some other different work, working on an European 1 skin (Yes I know thank you, that the USAF got rid of it years ago in favor for the two-tone grey, thanks) for the Wipeout:

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip562.jpg (196 kB)

---------- Post added at 23:02 ---------- Previous post was at 22:59 ----------

And fuck me, nice work taumargin! :D

Somehow things got cornfusing. I may not do an L version of the 240B, I may just do a simple old school 240B that is in existence right now (I would assume as units just don't get it lightning quick or status that the L has been adopted is still unsure, but I need to check). So there is an L, and it's a part of the SOCMOD release, when they decide to release it. SO to straighten this conversation out the L may not be done. However, the L that was sent to me by Lennard may be used, I don't know as I have both versions handy, the B and L.

Ya sorry about the confusion bro. From my understanding, the L has all the upgrades that the B's have except it's got a lighter reciever (titanium I believe) among other lightweight parts. My squadron in the AF had half a compliment of the new L's and the other half were still our old M240B's that we were slowly cycling out. Granted we weren't a regular cop squadron, but I've seen quite a few soldiers rocking it and I figure if we were getting it in the blue side, then the army was well on their way adopting it.

And forgive me for any misspellings or grammar errors, I've had beer and the promise of adult fun time with the missus in the next few mins, so my mind is elsewhere ;)

But as always I'm blown away with how much you have on your plate and yet still find time to knock out updates and such!

Okay well don't let me keep you and have fun...

I think to solve the cornfusion on my part is to make both a B and an L, therefore you can decide which one you want to use as game-wise they'll be the same but of course all cosmetic. But I understand USAF 240s don't have the side rails, which the Army ones do, so since I don't want to be making twenty models for each weapon, both the B and L will have the side rails attached just to keep it within the realm of common sense.

As for updates and the like it's getting to be a point of knowing when to focus on one particular project at a time now, since I'm getting back into DCS and the pace is much slower compared to the pace of updates I do with the gun work (texture work at my end is "slower" as you have a lot of texture files to manipulate and edit, etc.). I've been juggling some projects and when the mood strikes me I update, work on, and then stop and work on this project, and right now I"m not under a timeline or a project which needs full attention at the moment. Plus I subscribe to this thread anyway so I catch all the posts (more or less) and stop what I'm doing (if I can) and reply to the post, or so on. So it's a learning process when you do different things for different products, so it's just a learning curve I gotta get used to. Plus I'm doing some online training so it's a matter of priority. Skin and gun work for mods and such always take secondary priority if a client needs some A3 training or a clan needs other work done, or a new client, etc.

Edited by EricJ

Oh yeah somebody will ask but screw it (regarding yesterday, I know you're just hoping I do something). I have zero tolerance for trolls. If you got an ED Testers Tag or being one here it doesn't mean anything to me nor should I bow down to you, I'll never do that. I've done their job and know how it goes. But if I'm bringing up a problem and you want to troll me I don't have any compunction in stomping you, as he deserved it and have no regrets on that subject. I'm not backing down because you sit on a computer, I"m a vet and we get steamy and focused especially for our real combat service, and I sure as hell don't kiss people's ass either, nor do I like people doing that to me. But it's the eve of Veteran's Day, and as a vet I'll thank you for your service.

So early Happy Veteran's Day!

G'day Eric. Just wanted to pass on a big thank you for your service, where ever you served, to all of the vetrans who are a part of this community. Thank you too you Eric for adding the XM-109 to your mod. I have one small issue with its inclusion. I believe there are no magazines for the weapon in your weapon box. When I collect the weapon from your weapon box placed in the editor, I can't get the rearm at ammo box option to come up in the menu and I cannot find any magazines that are compatible in the ammo box. Could you have a look at it when you have time please? I also think the work you are doing on the A-164 is great too. Keep up the good work. Thank you.

Yep Wansec_6 I missed that for the mags,

If my mind serves me correctly add this to the Initilization Box in the Edit Unit portion of the box. (I use VAS so I've forgotten most of the commands):

this addmagazinecargo [magazineclassname,xx]; where "xx" is the quantity that you want. I'll add the magazines to the ammo box, and thanks!

As for the takeoff... easy pull :D But I've come down a few times in the A and just totally busted the gear or well... needed to go back to flight school...

But agreed the European 1 scheme is just badass...

Bleagh... watched Restrepo, Korengal, Armadillo, Camp Victory, Afghanistan, and To Hell and Back Again. If you haven't watched them then you're missing out. I can claim being in the Korengal once (As far as Fraggle Rock, for those who've actually been there), and in that motherfucker all day, and surprisingly nobody shot us. Regardless they're good documentaries and again if you haven't, check them out.

As far as A3 goes... I'll probably start within a couple days working on the 240s, getting them integrated with the pack and another weapon (maybe it was just the 240s). Taumargin said he'd have the sounds done soon so by the time I get RC48 ready they should be good to include. He also mentioned that the RDS scope from (If my mind serves me correctly) the Iansky Delta Point scope for the HK416/Masterkey and the EOTech (thats what I believe he meant) for the SCARs. Personally my choice of poison is the M27 with an ACOG-RMR combo. I may make a non RMR version as I really don't use the RMR at all, which is strange but it is what it is, and Spartan0536's Mk318, but that's just me. He also mentioned some issues with him having a pistol as a secondary weapon and not the ability to select the cartridges in the drop down menu. I doubt this is related to my weapons (shouldn't be) but I thought it may be useful to bring up anyway.

By the by I added magazine cargo entries for the ammo boxes (thanks again Wansec_6) so this next version the ammo box will have them. I condensed the entries and it's better to add stuff as its easier to read, which makes it a bit better to add magazines to boxes as well as whatever else.

Oh yeah, gotta finish the Wipeout skins...

Edited by EricJ

Please, EricJ, don´t forget to fix that stray vertex (which caused the texture distortion/stretch) on the IAR and HK416/17 =)

The SCAR/Masterkey is a nice combo, anxious to play with the HK416/Masterkey!

Cheers!