You really need to get a better shot if you can, as in 1200 Noon with the light falling on what you keep on mentioning, as I still can't make out anything in a photo taken at sunset if possible?

Okie dokie, I´ll photo the glitch again...

Clear Shots -

M4A1 (right modelled) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6382845/arma3%202014-11-12%2004-46-50-697.jpg

IAR (Great distortion) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6382845/arma3%202014-11-12%2004-45-38-837.jpg

HK416 (Smaller but Distorted too) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6382845/arma3%202014-11-12%2004-44-43-822.jpg

Commented -

M4A1 (How it SHould be) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6382845/HowItShouldBe.jpg

HowItShouldBe.jpg

IAR (How it Is) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6382845/HowItIsNow_IAR.jpg

HowItIsNow_IAR.jpg

HK416 (What is Wrong) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6382845/WhatIsWrong.jpg

WhatIsWrong.jpg

Could you spot the model glitch? If you look at the model wireframe you´ll see it easier (A pity you don´t use that image as signature this days, I would have marked there to be more clear as possible) - it must have been a vertex you´ve mistakenly selected and moved without paying attention, as silly as it seems, but it happens sometimes....

cheers =)

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

Yeah thanks man, I shoot the thing nearly every day (if I'm not practicing gun runs) so it never triggers (no pun intended) any "there's a glitch" in my mind. I figure this way I can see what you're talking about better.

Right above your latest post... as I´ve said, it must have been a dragged vertex unintentionally, and as you´re used to the looks of your guns, you haven´t noticed that distortion =)

I´m still amazed I´m the only one noticing it... well, I´m guilty of admiring your work to the point of noticing those glitches lol

cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

Yeah I'll see what I can do, weird shit...

EricJ Wipeout Skin Mod

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xm8pa0zboioflwy/EricJWipeoutRC7.7z?dl=0

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

RC7

- Added 58FS skin

- Added Euro1 generic skin

---------- Post added at 12:45 ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 ----------

Also I got the shotgun sounds from taumargin. They're actually Remington 870 sounds (I think that's what he had available on-hand, for you sound connoisseurs) but like white people, we all look and sound the same even though it's a Benelli (Purple's models), as really, it doesn't matter what kind of shotty, but the fact that it is one.

---------- Post added at 13:25 ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 ----------

Okay Corporal_Lib [bR], found the errant vertex, somehow it got moved when I was doing the chamber area, I moved it around and now its looking correct (somehow I pulled it towards the trigger and didn't catch it) at least in Buldozer, but need to check it in-game and go from there.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks Foxhound!

And I forgot to mention earlier that armyinf sent me some 240 sounds so tomorrow or later today (I need to get a DCS skin out of the door first) I'll check them out and implement them.

Haha I thought the KAC Masterkey was originally based around the Remmington 870 :p and your model looks like it has a pump action:D. I could easily make a Benelli M4 for a future update. The reload sound effect is a compromise, to sync with the current animation. I've kept the files should anything change.

Thanks

Haha I thought the KAC Masterkey was originally based around the Remmington 870 :p and your model looks like it has a pump action:D. I could easily make a Benelli M4 for a future update. The reload sound effect is a compromise, to sync with the current animation. I've kept the files should anything change.

Thanks

Yeah I just got lucky with Purple's stuff (their great for clay shooting, I'm just not a shotgun guy) being open sourced and so he also said to make sure I credit him which is like "Okay cool, time to see if I can do a Masterkey".

And thanks as always Kari!

perhaps some of the receiver is in the "bolt catch" selection, or whatever you have it named, why it moves with the bolt catch?

Nah, it was a pulled back vertex and nothing more as given ArmaLogic I checked with the weapon empty and still the problem showed up. I fixed it and just confirmed it was a pulled back point that caused the issue.

---------- Post added at 17:43 ---------- Previous post was at 17:19 ----------

240B work:

wip563.jpg

wip564.jpg

And the finally fixed vertice issue:

wip565.jpg

I removed the rvmat off the iron sights as it was starting to bug me a little as far as how it was looking but I'll have to reapply the rvmat anyway as I removed that trying to troubleshoot the vertex issue.

Nah, it was a pulled back vertex and nothing more as given ArmaLogic I checked with the weapon empty and still the problem showed up. I fixed it and just confirmed it was a pulled back point that caused the issue. I removed the rvmat off the iron sights as it was starting to bug me a little as far as how it was looking but I'll have to reapply the rvmat anyway as I removed that trying to troubleshoot the vertex issue.

Thanks, it looks so much better now! Indeed, sometimes you select unintentionally one point on a wireframe (or in my case, a berzier point on vector drawings) and bamf, you got a mess with your art... it happens! =)

cheers!

Well what's messed up was it was literally right in front of me and it still didn't register... getting old...

---------- Post added at 00:28 ---------- Previous post was at 22:59 ----------

And the 240L. I pulled the stock and the pistol grip from Lennard's model and applied to mine, just to keep things simple (and what can I say it looks gorgeous...):

wip566.jpg

wip567.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:37 ---------- Previous post was at 00:28 ----------

Also, after planning world domination with my SPECTRE agents it turns out a person I worked for mentioned that the 417s had this vertex issue and hence fixed.

Well what's messed up was it was literally right in front of me and it still didn't register... getting old...

And the 240L. I pulled the stock and the pistol grip from Lennard's model and applied to mine, just to keep things simple (and what can I say it looks gorgeous...):

No EricJ, you´re getting wiser ;) (I´m 38 and I can still spot glitches lol) and indeed this M240 is gorgeous, keep it coming!

Also, after planning world domination with my SPECTRE agents it turns out a person I worked for mentioned that the 417s had this vertex issue and hence fixed.

So I wasn´t the only one, that´s a relief =)

cheers!

Nah man its one of those obvious glitches if you take the time to see it you know? So yeah good thing people (like you and others) mention this stuff so I do appreciate you finding this stuff so I can fix it ASAP. Yeah I should catch it but fifty-three weapons? Yeah it gets a bit much...

---------- Post added at 00:28 ---------- Previous post was at 22:59 ----------

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip566.jpg

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip567.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:37 ---------- Previous post was at 00:28 ----------

Nice 240 I hope it makes it into the mod :D

They are destined for the mod man, that's why I'm posting pics ;)

I'll never understand people, much less the people on the ED forums. And I thought it was bad here... but no more I gotta keep my head straight and going back there with their little games is... I've had enough, 11 years in the community and its just pathetic.

So I'm moving to SimHQ as it's friendlier there. Not leaving youse guys but I gotta be able to do my work without stupidity.

The only reason I mention this is because a modder doesn't need drama on a daily basis and that place is just drama (ED Forums), and I gotta stay focused on the target of modding, that's what makes me happy. And I just need to vent, not a pity party, but sometimes you gotta just walk away with whatever dignity you have and drive on, been in this business to long to let a bunch of primadonnas stop me from doing my job and can't be distracted by it. And going there is going to just distract me too much, gotta keep moving on...

Anyway, still need to add the sounds from armyinf and taumargin to the weapons pack, config the 240s, add the ammo and mags and RC48 will be ready within a day or two, to include the vertices fixes as well that I'm finding here and there.

Back to work:

http://562.50megs.com/562nd/Pilot-JFO-JTACGuideRC9.zip

- Added Juggling

- Some nigh work in relation to the Landmark and explain some of the natural difficulties at night.

Minor update, finally checked out the sounds (again) from taumargin and yeah I got a Freedom Boner on that so yeah... beautiful work on the sounds, as usual...

---------- Post added at 21:46 ---------- Previous post was at 21:16 ----------

Also checked the 240B/L sounds, and they're good too, and an in-game shot (gotta see what's up with the stock though...):

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip568.jpg

Okay the 240B and L are in-game, but the damn muzzleflash isn't showing and so it goes... Looking like... Saturday? or late tomorrow I can get RC48 out. I'm planning on doing a DCS Peanut Scheme (which will probably be applied to the Wipeout since I have the appropriate colors) and then... whatever else is next for RC49... I guess as I don't have any more ideas at the moment.

Eric, thanks for adding the XM-109 mags to the ammo box. Looking forward to using them. The 240 looks hot as well.

In regards to you being out of ideas at the moment, have you ever considered creating weapons more suited to civilian personnel? I am thinking of the likes of single/double sporting shotguns, lever action rifles etc.

I noticed the Epoch mod has a lever action rifle called the "Rollins rifle" if memory serves me correct. It would be interesting to see what you could create on that front, if you were interested. Something like a Winchester 94 carbine or even a Marlin lever rifle. What do you think?

RC49? well as I have written somwhere here I would like to get my hands on AA 12 shotgun. Currently there isn t any compatibile with updated version of arma 3. BTW 240 ties look great.

Lol Bolo861... slipped my mind due to the drama on the ED Forums...

Wansec_6, maybe, just not sure yet, let me get this finished and I'll think on it.