True, I need to work on that stock area some more (after I finish Predator) and make it a bit more squared away, which looking at it does look rough.

---------- Post added at 21:29 ---------- Previous post was at 20:51 ----------

And some cleanup...

wip627.jpg

Me too actually, this "break" has thrown a wrench into things a bit but since it's back (and the muzzleflashes will be a Known Issue):

More work, thing is playing hard to get but getting better down the road:

wip628.jpg

I'm not sure which program that is and what features it has, but to me it looks like you might want to play with what in Blender was called the edge split modifier. The area around the cutouts in the buttstock looks like it's trying to smooth shade sharp corners, which gives it that funky shading. If it needs to be smooth you ought to break those edges down with a bevel to help contour it. If you want a defined edge then the minimum angle for edge splitting needs to be increased.

Edited by DGeorge85

I use Object Builder currently and its not as powerful as Blender is. So what I'll probably end up doing is redoing the area as you noticed, it's just not wanting to play nicely, at least the right side (left side looks pretty good though), so I'll see what I can do about it.

Thanks!

More touchup and starting to look better:

wip629.jpg

---------- Post added at 14:45 ---------- Previous post was at 14:30 ----------

And some more stock work:

wip630.jpg

I think overall its as good as it'll get given the combo of roundness and flat areas on the skeleton style stock and later on will get to texturing it.

Doesn't look too bad I think:

wip631.jpg

wip632.jpg

Thanks! Now that things are getting settled in...

More work on the forward rails. I need to re-add the proxy and I textured that white part (which above is the untextured look in-game)

wip633.jpg

As far as Irons go, I may re-add the default rear sight or just be lazy and re-use the sights from the SCAR-P but the product image shows probably a proprietary FN style front flip sight but right now just getting the weapon finished as it is now is a priority.

Now that the stock is working I'm more inclined to get it where it needs to be and agreed it is looking good :)

just was thinking about that gun and where looking it up at the fn website but have to much other stuff going on

And textured:

wip634.jpg

Thanks! I've been taking it rather slow lately, doing some other things to keep me busy so tomorrow I should slap on some iron sights and whatnot. And the muzzleflashes are working again so maybe I missed an update or so but it looks to being back to normal.

Eric, is it possible to place the hand grip further forward, or is the positioning limited by the animations?

He would need to make another anim. But i think the closer handgrips look better game wise anyways. Looks funky jogging/running with extended foregrip hand. But, thats just my two cents

Hi there Eric, I was wondering what happened to the JSRS addon for the Eric J weapons pack. The addon is not located there anymore in the @u100 folder. I remember it used to be there but it's not now. Did something change?

WOW Mk.20 looks fantastic, Great job:)

Off-topic, while watching footage of Sydney hostages standoff I noticed australian SOG/SRG officers with M4s with ARMS Selective Integrated Rail (SIR) forearms, maby in the future You could find some free time to texture and release your old Barrett M468?

Edited by Bolo861

He would need to make another anim. But i think the closer handgrips look better game wise anyways. Looks funky jogging/running with extended foregrip hand. But, thats just my two cents

When I actually had a foregrip on my real weapon years ago I kept it close as well to the magwell (but still far enough to smoothly load a mag) as it seemed better to me.

Nice. Can't wait to get a bipod and long range scope on that thing.

I was wondering about that. I think I'll go maybe without actually mounting one 3D-wise and go with the TMR stuff or at least the minimum Bipod/Lazer/Flashlight combos

Thanks for the info Warlord, thought that might be the case.

Yeah WarLord554 pretty much nailed it, as it's the same SCAR Anim from the basic H model, just the longer frame sorta makes it look funky, but I like how it looks anyway personally.

---------- Post added at 11:29 ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 ----------

Looks great man!

Thanks!

Hi there Eric, I was wondering what happened to the JSRS addon for the Eric J weapons pack. The addon is not located there anymore in the @u100 folder. I remember it used to be there but it's not now. Did something change?

Yeah 1.24. lukrop actually gave me the source config and quite honestly just didn't take the time to do it. I have the time but nobody seemed to really miss it so that honestly was one reason that I didn't include it.

WOW Mk.20 looks fantastic, Great job:)

Off-topic, while watching footage of Sydney hostages standoff I noticed australian SOG/SRG officers with M4s with ARMS Selective Integrated Rail (SIR) forearms, maby in the future You could find some free time to texture and release your old Barrett M468?

I figured people would have already done one (If so then I'm just not aware), and with Spartan0536 making the ammo available for configging, I probably will look into it.

---------- Post added at 13:15 ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 ----------

And tricked out for your viewing pleasure. I don't know I'm really liking how its just smooth and not obstructed, so maybe I'll make the irons disappear rather than animate them and it's also a proxy check to see how it works anyway:

wip635.jpg

Awesome Eric, can't wait to try it out! But I would also like to see the grip a bit more forward, having it that far back kind of defeats its purpose and you might as well be holding the magwell.