Sign in to follow this  
alduric

ASM - Arma Samples Mod

fuck the future we want real and currently used on large scale army equipment...not non licensed fantasy weapons ie AK M16 BTR T80 Abrams and so on

you do realize that all these weapons exist just under different names, if im not mistaking DARs are HYDRAs and Skyfires are S-8s arma isnt even futuristic if you look at all thats in it, other than the T-100 and the OPFOR uniform, everything exists today

It doesn't make it realistic to have those armaments on clearly modern-day (or decade old, however you look at it) equipment.

but what i mean is just look at the Hellcat, it operates and looks near same from the A2 BAF one, and doesnt look bad with the A3 Loadouts

but what i mean is just look at the Hellcat, it operates and looks near same from the A2 BAF one, and doesnt look bad with the A3 Loadouts

So a future version then. Ok, but that's not the point of this mod, and while I think it looks fine, others think the Hellcat looks terrible simply because of the skids.

So a future version then. Ok, but that's not the point of this mod, and while I think it looks fine, others think the Hellcat looks terrible simply because of the skids.

i ment the weapons not the skids, but the point im trying to get to is so that sound mods can make custom sounds for these more easily

Are the vehicles gonna be as tough as they were in Arma 2? Like can I count on a Humvee to protect me from small arms fire for a certain amount.

With the maps now released, it's not long before i can roll on Takistan in a convoy of humvees... Ohhhh the excitement!

@Alduric, can you respond to my question from previous pages.

I have a small suggestion.

Can you eventually fix a small problem with M1A1 and M1A2? I mean, the view from gunner sight, it should be from the "doghouse" at the turret right, "doghouse" when gunner sight is placed, is visible on roof.

ArmA2 had gunner sight in these tanks, wrongly placed on the turret left side and nearly on the gun level, while in reality is as I said on the right side and above on turret roof level.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/4559/oa7m.jpg

Sorry Damian90, at this point im just porting. So answer is no mate.

1st post updated with weapon list.

I see Russian uniform on some of screens. Is it also ported from Arma 2 data?

Those are AAF soldiers.

This is my @RAM - Russian Army Mod, and that US soldier is fom @USAM - United States Army Mod. Not released to public.

Edited by Alduric

Holding off on mission making until this comes out, it's destroying me, I check this thread more than I check the clock... Weapons looking nice aswell man nice job,

I´ve just noticed that the AV-8 Harrier isn´t on the list, wasn´t it included on the sample models? (or it isn´t properly ported yet?)

Anxious to play with all those "old-new" vehicles =)

Do you have any idea if you're gonna release this mod before january 5th? My clan is starting a new campaign there, and it would be cool to know if we could expect a release before there?

Hey Alduric!

I have a question! Is this going to be a modular mod? Is each vehicle going to have an individual .pbo for it?

Great work! Looking forward to it!

The lack of modern era weapons (the ones from vanilla A2 and OA) is one of the smallest problems of A3 (except for AT and static weapons)... The lack of propper modern era vehicles is... Delaying the release of those vehicles just to release with them weapons that we already have in A3 in way better quality than ported A2 content could offer is stupidity and I really hope that You are not doing this error Alduric

The lack of modern era weapons (the ones from vanilla A2 and OA) is one of the smallest problems of A3 (except for AT and static weapons)... The lack of propper modern era vehicles is... Delaying the release of those vehicles just to release with them weapons that we already have in A3 in way better quality than ported A2 content could offer is stupidity and I really hope that You are not doing this error Alduric

Uhh....what?

Uhh....what?

hes basicly saying that give us the vehicles already, and release the weapons as an update, dont let the weapons hold the vehicles back, just a translation