Sign in to follow this  
alduric

ASM - Arma Samples Mod

very nice. will the vehicles and weapons be in seperate downloads? apologies if that has allready been asked

@UP

It will support all attachments from A3 and FHQ (Best mod imho atm)

Loving the fact that you are doing this Alduric! nice work!

However, unless I have missed something in the entire thread, (which I just read nearly every post to make sure I didn't), there doesn't seem to be much in the way of BAF assets?? I noticed you worked on the L85a2, L110 and the Land rover, also the CH47 is in there, but there is not much else regarding the other assets. Also, you haven't put and Ah64 in there.

I appreciate is a big job what you are undertaking and that you are working with it alongside the A3Mp. Out of curiosity can I ask any particular reason why these are not included or if they will be?

cheers

Will the units shown with the weapons come with the pack or will those be separate?

Also, are you planning on having USMC units? I see you have Army ones from OA and BAF forces shown.

Units are from my CooP team mod, and they will not be released to public. We already have whole US/USMC and other US stuff.

Units are from my CooP team mod, and they will not be released to public. We already have whole US/USMC and other US stuff.

Fair enough, still really looking forward to this.

I think I speak for many others when I say this, We appreciate your effort with the converts greatly, As much as I don't agree to the weapons I still thank you all the same.

But I do have a question, Do some of the sample models not have some of the Items previously on them In Arma2 and Arrowhead? Such as the red grille tarp/cover & Counter-I.E.D antenna on the gpk humvee? And the tarp on the Rover? These of course are just minor things, But I'm just curious on how sample models work.

Thank you again!

he lost most if not all of his progress in a Hard Drive crash i believe so this may take way longer

I had ASM in many backups :) We using it in our coop missions as tests so no worries, i lost stuff for my A3MP mod :(

I had ASM in many backups :) We using it in our coop missions as tests so no worries, i lost stuff for my A3MP mod :(

Seems like a bad news,what's going on?

well atleast you can just download A3MP and start back up on it from where the most recent update was, maybe you can fix the Chernarus Lighthouses, i miss those

I think I should shut up and wait for this mod's release……:)

There is no ETA, i will release it when it will be done.

I wonder how hard it is to script PhysX into vehicles so that they don't dolphin-flip whenever they come to a fast halt? Maybe there's a weight variable that pins them better to the ground?

It's a fairly complicated process. Involves script and model side, from what I've learned. Probably better off bringing the stuff over with the normal simulations (eg: "car" instead of "carX") and then working on each vehicle individually to bring them up to full A3 standards if you wanna go that route.

I see, and I do find it odd that some 3rd party units behave better than others (RHS's T80, the Chally 2).. I also find Arma 3's physics implementation to be odd as well. The T9x is supposedly capable of climbing obstacles up to 1 meter, yet the T100 gets its tracks damaged if you bump into concrete blocks much lower in height. Oh well.

Just curious if you were also adding the Arma 2 Characters such as the USMC and Taliban factions, or are they not compatible with the new Arma 3 inventory/clothing system. Sorry if this has already been asked.

Alduric! you still haven't answered my question? I'd like to know what you are doing about the ah64 and the BAF units/vehicles? BTW, Asked three times now!