nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

theNaCH, thanks, but the problem is missions that were not created with TFR in mind.

Or I don't understand you or I'm not clear.

If you don't to want to have the LR just add the line I paste above in your init.sqf

Edited by theNaCH
grammar... my poor English.

That is what I have said!

O, sorry, I miss that.

Could you send me you mission via PM?

---------- Post added at 12:51 ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 ----------

theNaCH, thanks, but the problem is missions that were not created with TFR in mind.

Currently I have plan to move such property to mission params. But not sure it is possible...

---------- Post added at 12:52 ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 ----------

Is there anyway to change the appearance of the backpack that is the long range radio?

Currently only via separated replacement addon. Next version will support creation of 3dparty radios via some API.

How do you go about disabling the automatic spawning of short range radios?

How can you add all blufor radios to a crate?

nkey- I don't know if this has been mentioned, but are there any plans to add an "interference sound or hiss" while using Vehicle Inter Communication (VIC) systems or aircraft sets? The other question has to do with are you willing to script in the ability to cut out or significantly lower players' volume while inside a vehicle unless they are using the VIC system? It would greatly help vehicle crews and aircraft crews by not having mission critical information flooded out by cargo members just ranting in the background.

How do you go about disabling the automatic spawning of short range radios?

How can you add all blufor radios to a crate?

1) just remove ItemRadio from invertory to prevent short range automatic assign

2) not possible now, please wait next version :)

---------- Post added at 19:27 ---------- Previous post was at 19:22 ----------

nkey- I don't know if this has been mentioned, but are there any plans to add an "interference sound or hiss" while using Vehicle Inter Communication (VIC) systems or aircraft sets? The other question has to do with are you willing to script in the ability to cut out or significantly lower players' volume while inside a vehicle unless they are using the VIC system? It would greatly help vehicle crews and aircraft crews by not having mission critical information flooded out by cargo members just ranting in the background.

1) Have some plans regarding VIC

2) Not so easy to say here. If cargo members are flooding - it is not problem of radio but problem of discipline :) But how cargo will ask the crew to stop the car if crew almost can't hear them?

I really like the mod. I have two questions though:

Is there any chance you remove the radio as your itemRadio, so once you have it in your inventory (backpack or whatever) you can use it as radio?

Are you going to implement more radios? I'd like to see ACRE's 343 returning, as it is extremely helpful when organizing radio nets on a company-battalion level

When pressing a PTT button of a LR radio in real life you usually hear a "BOP" sound that indicates a successful encryption of the transmission (it is also heard when receiving a transmission). It seems like it's the only thing lacking right now in the sound effects department of TFR. The sound effect I'm talking about is done accurately by ACRE. Any plans for adding that?

Thanks again for a great mod!

I really like the mod. I have two questions though:

Is there any chance you remove the radio as your itemRadio, so once you have it in your inventory (backpack or whatever) you can use it as radio?

Are you going to implement more radios? I'd like to see ACRE's 343 returning, as it is extremely helpful when organizing radio nets on a company-battalion level

1) Currently ItemRadio in your inventory will be autormatically replaced by your side radio in few seconds.

2) Yes, planned.

---------- Post added at 08:28 ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 ----------

When pressing a PTT button of a LR radio in real life you usually hear a "BOP" sound that indicates a successful encryption of the transmission (it is also heard when receiving a transmission). It seems like it's the only thing lacking right now in the sound effects department of TFR. The sound effect I'm talking about is done accurately by ACRE. Any plans for adding that?

Thanks again for a great mod!

Check your Options > Payback > Sound Pack Volume in TS

It's on maximum, and I can hear all effects. What I mean is not the 'click' sound, but a digital sound that comes right after it.

It's on maximum, and I can hear all effects. What I mean is not the 'click' sound, but a digital sound that comes right after it.

Something like this?

1) Currently ItemRadio in your inventory will be autormatically replaced by your side radio in few seconds.

No I mean itemRadio =! sideradio. So make those two, two different things

Hi Nkey

So far my Clan is loving TFAR, so much more stable then *cough* any other radio plugins available.

Has anyone else had any issues with spectator mode causing all voices to be heard at once after maybe 5-10mins of been a spectator?

Its happened two weeks in a row for us on one of our TvT missions.

Just to give an overview of our setup.

- We are using TFAR serious mode with custom channel name and password.

- We are currently running no revive, and on death you go to spectator/bird mode.

- Bodies are set to not despawn.

I died in game, after 5-10mins in spectator mode, talking to other dead players without a problem, I suddenly start hearing everyone speak, (all sides, dead or alive). as a result I moved all the dead players to a separate channel, so unfortunately I didn't get any meaningful debug info for you :(.

Feature Requests if possible:

Is the any plans to allow spectators/birds to hear alive players/radios in spectator mode?

Can radio leak sound? e.g. if the volume is 100% can nearby players (enemy or friendly) also hear what is received on the radio.

Building on the sound leak idea, could a loud speaker mode also be added, It would be useful in vehicles where only one person might have a LR but we want all the passengers in the vehicle to hear what is been said. Or in the case where the only LR is vehicle mounted, that way when everyone dismounts we can still hear if there are radio calls for us while we are still in vicinity of the vehicle.

Lastly are there any plans to allow a player to use the LR radio off another units back, e.g. we have a LR radio operator but the squad leader needs to talk directly to command, instead of having to drop the radio and transferring it to the squad leader, the squad leader could just look at radio Operator and open his LR, and would have access to that radio until he was greater then x meters away from the radio operator?

Hi Nkey

So far my Clan is loving TFAR, so much more stable then *cough* any other radio plugins available.

Has anyone else had any issues with spectator mode causing all voices to be heard at once after maybe 5-10mins of been a spectator?

Its happened two weeks in a row for us on one of our TvT missions.

Just to give an overview of our setup.

- We are using TFAR serious mode with custom channel name and password.

- We are currently running no revive, and on death you go to spectator/bird mode.

- Bodies are set to not despawn.

I died in game, after 5-10mins in spectator mode, talking to other dead players without a problem, I suddenly start hearing everyone speak, (all sides, dead or alive). as a result I moved all the dead players to a separate channel, so unfortunately I didn't get any meaningful debug info for you :(.

Feature Requests if possible:

Is the any plans to allow spectators/birds to hear alive players/radios in spectator mode?

Can radio leak sound? e.g. if the volume is 100% can nearby players (enemy or friendly) also hear what is received on the radio.

Building on the sound leak idea, could a loud speaker mode also be added, It would be useful in vehicles where only one person might have a LR but we want all the passengers in the vehicle to hear what is been said. Or in the case where the only LR is vehicle mounted, that way when everyone dismounts we can still hear if there are radio calls for us while we are still in vicinity of the vehicle.

Lastly are there any plans to allow a player to use the LR radio off another units back, e.g. we have a LR radio operator but the squad leader needs to talk directly to command, instead of having to drop the radio and transferring it to the squad leader, the squad leader could just look at radio Operator and open his LR, and would have access to that radio until he was greater then x meters away from the radio operator?

Hello.

1) we were getting such error once, but I was hope it is fixed already. Please check you use last version of addon and plugin and report.

2) regarding allowing bird to hear live players - not planned yet, will think about

3) Implementing some kind of radio speaker is in the far-time plan, because of limitation of TS api

4) using another player LR is planned

Having tested this mod recently, my clan are about to test on a large scale to see if it can replace ACRE.

I was wondering if there is any planned functionality updates to allow the radios to use a speaker rather than an ear piece? Staying within the realism of what the radios offer in the real world, I don't know if they have this functionality.

I would love to see something like this as it would keep the rest of a fire-team in the know and they would know when to shut the hell up.

Greetings,

I currently have issues with Task Force Radio; evertime I go in game and try to speak, everyone can hear me speak, when I press the radio button, everyone can hear the 'squawk' but it doesn't make me speak on the radio but globally on Teamspeak.

I tried everthing to try to make it work... here's what I tried;

- Downgrade Teamspeak to a lower version

- Use the 32 bits version of TS3

- Use the 64 bits version of TS3

- Uninstall/Reinstall Task Force Radio

- Delete all CBA folders and reinstall them

- Run TS as an admin

- annnnd much more that I don't even remember at this point.

Does anyone have a solution ?

I would be forever thankful...

Greetings,

I currently have issues with Task Force Radio; evertime I go in game and try to speak, everyone can hear me speak, when I press the radio button, everyone can hear the 'squawk' but it doesn't make me speak on the radio but globally on Teamspeak.

I tried everthing to try to make it work... here's what I tried;

- Downgrade Teamspeak to a lower version

- Use the 32 bits version of TS3

- Use the 64 bits version of TS3

- Uninstall/Reinstall Task Force Radio

- Delete all CBA folders and reinstall them

- Run TS as an admin

- annnnd much more that I don't even remember at this point.

Does anyone have a solution ?

I would be forever thankful...

Is your TFAR plugin actually turned on in TS and arma3?

http://www.tfmamba.com/images/modpack/tsclient4.jpg (145 kB)

If you click on your name inside teamspeak, on the right hand side, do you see a line saying task force radio..... (not sure of the exact writing as I'm away from my gaming pc) but there should be two y or n's in that line I think one is for ts plugin activated and other for in game. If you load arma and join a TFAR enabled server, do you see both those switch to Y?

---------- Post added at 01:42 ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 ----------

Hello.

1) we were getting such error once, but I was hope it is fixed already. Please check you use last version of addon and plugin and report.

I know we all definitely have v0.8.3 (12.18.2013) for the arma plugin, but I am not 100% sure if everyone or even myself updated the TS plugin at the same time. I'll get everyone to reinstall the ts plugin and see if we get the same issue this weekend.

2) regarding allowing bird to hear live players - not planned yet, will think about

3) Implementing some kind of radio speaker is in the far-time plan, because of limitation of TS api

4) using another player LR is planned

Cool thanks for awesome support...

I just had a thought when I was testing last night.. is there anyway to boost the range of the LR radios? Something like a retrans station? My TvT mission has random base spawns and a couple of them are further than 20kms apart so radio contact cannot be made without them relocating closer to the centre of the map.

Cheers

C.

Is your TFAR plugin actually turned on in TS and arma3?

http://www.tfmamba.com/images/modpack/tsclient4.jpg (145 kB)

If you click on your name inside teamspeak, on the right hand side, do you see a line saying task force radio..... (not sure of the exact writing as I'm away from my gaming pc) but there should be two y or n's in that line I think one is for ts plugin activated and other for in game. If you load arma and join a TFAR enabled server, do you see both those switch to Y?

---------- Post added at 01:42 ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 ----------

I know we all definitely have v0.8.3 (12.18.2013) for the arma plugin, but I am not 100% sure if everyone or even myself updated the TS plugin at the same time. I'll get everyone to reinstall the ts plugin and see if we get the same issue this weekend.

Cool thanks for awesome support...

I just had a thought when I was testing last night.. is there anyway to boost the range of the LR radios? Something like a retrans station? My TvT mission has random base spawns and a couple of them are further than 20kms apart so radio contact cannot be made without them relocating closer to the centre of the map.

Cheers

C.

Of course we did... we literally tried everything in the book to make it work and it did not. We've been using ACRE on Arma 2 for a couple years and we know how those kind of addons works .. we wouldn't be stupid enough to troubleshoot for literally 6 hours straight and not turn on our plugin. (Altough I know some people would)

Of course we did... we literally tried everything in the book to make it work and it did not. We've been using ACRE on Arma 2 for a couple years and we know how those kind of addons works .. we wouldn't be stupid enough to troubleshoot for literally 6 hours straight and not turn on our plugin. (Altough I know some people would)

Sorry I am not trying to be demeaning but based on my experience of helping clan members, I know a lot of people who have missed that step and screwed it up...

What does taskforce say in TeamSpeak when your in game... e.g. mine currently says "Task Force Radio Status (0.8.3):Connected N Play N P:0.8.3 A" it should be connected Y and Play Y when playing in game...

I would really like some information on how to install this on my game server. Everytime I do the server will not pop up. A server installation guide would be quite helpful thanks.

---------- Post added at 21:51 ---------- Previous post was at 21:50 ----------

I would really like some information on how to install this on my game server. Everytime I do the server will not pop up. A server installation guide would be quite helpful thanks.

It's simple...

Make your server run TFR as a mod.

In TS, create a channel with TaskForceRadio as the name with Password 123.

Right-click on the server> Edit Virtual Server> More> Anti Flood, set 30, 300, 3000

Clients install the TS plugin.

DONE.

It's all on their webpage:

http://radio.task-force.ru/en/

Edited by 87th_Neptune

It's simple...

Make your server run TFR as a mod. DONE.

In TS, create a channel with TaskForceRadio as the name with Password 123.

Right-click on the server> Edit Virtual Server> More> Anti Flood, set 30, 300, 3000

Clients install the TS plugin.

DONE.

It's all on their webpage:

http://radio.task-force.ru/en/

Yeah because we never tought of doing this either. dumbass.

He wasn't replying to you.

Edited by cuel