nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

I would really like some information on how to install this on my game server. Everytime I do the server will not pop up. A server installation guide would be quite helpful thanks.

---------- Post added at 21:51 ---------- Previous post was at 21:50 ----------

I would really like some information on how to install this on my game server. Everytime I do the server will not pop up. A server installation guide would be quite helpful thanks.

Did you read the homepage of the mod? is very detailed and not complicated...

http://radio.task-force.ru/en/

Not to interrupt the "How not to ask for help effectively" demonstration, but...

Is there a variable or function I can call in a script to mute a player? Something I could use to simulate being bound and gagged, or unconscious?

I would really like some information on how to install this on my game server...

To add to 87th_Neptune's reply:

> Upload @task_force_radio and @cba_a3 to your server. Put them in the same folder as the arma3server.exe executable.

> Make sure the folder structure is correct (@task_force_radio\addons\***.pbo and @cba_a3\addons\***.pbo)

> Find the userconfig folder in your main Arma folder. If it isn't there, create it.

> Make a new folder in userconfig called task_force_radio

> Move or copy serverArmaFolder\@task_force_radio\userconfig\radio_keys.hpp to serverArmaFolder\userconfig\task_force_radio\radio_keys.hpp

> Make sure that your command line or launcher (this will be different if you're using a rent-per-slot or dedicated virtual desktop server) launches both @cba_a3 and @task_force_radio. You should end up with something like this: -mod=@cba_a3;@task_force_radio; (@cba_a3 must be before @task_force_radio).

If it still doesn't work, look for your RPT logs on the server (they should be called something like arma3server_2014-MM-DD_HH-MM-SS.rpt). Most errors are recorded in there and can help you diagnose the issue.

I hope some of that was helpful, and not too much was a repetition of what you've already tried. Without any information about what you've done, it can be difficult for others to know where to start and what level of support is appropriate (though this comment isn't really directed at you, CrowUSMC).

I have been testing this mod with a few of my unit-members to see if we could switch from ACRE, and we're all very impressed by how complete it is features-wise and how smooth it feels.

There are two small issues that we hesitate about:

1. The 152, being used as a PRR, offers a very long range. Is there a way for the users to customise the range of radios? We'd like to curtail their power a bit.

2. Can the backpacks be changed to have a different model and content size?

Hmmm I just logged to our Teamspeak server and I had a pop up message saying a new version of TFR is out. Doesn't seem like there is any new version, and I didn't get this message last time I logged in, on Thursday. Any idea why that happens?

You sure it was about Taskforceradio and not TeamSpeak?

Post a screenshot that makes a lot clear.

Edited by 87th_Neptune

You sure it was about Taskforceradio and not TeamSpeak?

Post a screenshot that makes a lot clear.

No need to post a screenshot, I got it as well, and yes, I was sure it was about Task Force Arrowhead Radio.

It happens to me when TFR isn't started along Arma, ie. when I haven't launched it correctly.

Edit: nevermind, I can't replicate anymore. :/ I only remember it was on my side, not on TFR's.

Edited by Kawa

Having tested this mod recently, my clan are about to test on a large scale to see if it can replace ACRE.

I was wondering if there is any planned functionality updates to allow the radios to use a speaker rather than an ear piece? Staying within the realism of what the radios offer in the real world, I don't know if they have this functionality.

I would love to see something like this as it would keep the rest of a fire-team in the know and they would know when to shut the hell up.

Hello.

I have such thing in plan, but only for long term. It is because of limitation of TS API.

---------- Post added at 18:29 ---------- Previous post was at 18:27 ----------

Greetings,

I currently have issues with Task Force Radio; evertime I go in game and try to speak, everyone can hear me speak, when I press the radio button, everyone can hear the 'squawk' but it doesn't make me speak on the radio but globally on Teamspeak.

I tried everthing to try to make it work... here's what I tried;

- Downgrade Teamspeak to a lower version

- Use the 32 bits version of TS3

- Use the 64 bits version of TS3

- Uninstall/Reinstall Task Force Radio

- Delete all CBA folders and reinstall them

- Run TS as an admin

- annnnd much more that I don't even remember at this point.

Does anyone have a solution ?

I would be forever thankful...

Do you have @ in your arma nickname? Does your nickname in TS equals to Arma nickname during the game?

---------- Post added at 18:33 ---------- Previous post was at 18:29 ----------

Is your TFAR plugin actually turned on in TS and arma3?

http://www.tfmamba.com/images/modpack/tsclient4.jpg (145 kB)

If you click on your name inside teamspeak, on the right hand side, do you see a line saying task force radio..... (not sure of the exact writing as I'm away from my gaming pc) but there should be two y or n's in that line I think one is for ts plugin activated and other for in game. If you load arma and join a TFAR enabled server, do you see both those switch to Y?

---------- Post added at 01:42 ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 ----------

I know we all definitely have v0.8.3 (12.18.2013) for the arma plugin, but I am not 100% sure if everyone or even myself updated the TS plugin at the same time. I'll get everyone to reinstall the ts plugin and see if we get the same issue this weekend.

Cool thanks for awesome support...

I just had a thought when I was testing last night.. is there anyway to boost the range of the LR radios? Something like a retrans station? My TvT mission has random base spawns and a couple of them are further than 20kms apart so radio contact cannot be made without them relocating closer to the centre of the map.

Cheers

C.

Will try to figure how to fix it. How many peoples do you have in your games?

Regarding distance - retrans stations are planned. Also, maybe we'll able to create satelite radio in future.

---------- Post added at 18:37 ---------- Previous post was at 18:33 ----------

Not to interrupt the "How not to ask for help effectively" demonstration, but...

Is there a variable or function I can call in a script to mute a player? Something I could use to simulate being bound and gagged, or unconscious?

Should be in next verison of addon.

---------- Post added at 18:39 ---------- Previous post was at 18:37 ----------

I have been testing this mod with a few of my unit-members to see if we could switch from ACRE, and we're all very impressed by how complete it is features-wise and how smooth it feels.

There are two small issues that we hesitate about:

1. The 152, being used as a PRR, offers a very long range. Is there a way for the users to customise the range of radios? We'd like to curtail their power a bit.

2. Can the backpacks be changed to have a different model and content size?

1) I hope we will able to add some short-range radio in next version. Also, in next version it will possible to create 3dparty radios.

2) In next version size it increases to 100. Also, it will possible to create your own backpack radio via additional small mod.

---------- Post added at 18:40 ---------- Previous post was at 18:39 ----------

Hmmm I just logged to our Teamspeak server and I had a pop up message saying a new version of TFR is out. Doesn't seem like there is any new version, and I didn't get this message last time I logged in, on Thursday. Any idea why that happens?

Sorry, it was a github error, just ignore.

---------- Post added at 18:42 ---------- Previous post was at 18:40 ----------

One of our clanmembers gets crash to desktop with TFR after a few minutes on our gameserver.

Here is his errorlog:

http://pastebin.com/q3gbnBFS

Any suggestions?

Hm.. Very strange. Do you use another mods? Have he tried on another server (or on local server)?

Will try to figure how to fix it. How many peoples do you have in your games?

I think this might be a result of the default cleanup setting in the arma config.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext#corpseLimit

corpseLimit defaults to 15, and we had 28 people playing at the time and probably about 15 corpses when we started hearing everyone...

I set corpseLimit to 50 and increased the time values on corpseRemovalMinTime and corpseRemovalMaxTime, unfortunately I don't have any info on if it worked as we ran into issues with xMedSys when people went to spectator cam, the xmedSys pain effects didn't get removed which meant that a lot of the players who died, disconnected before we could get any usable info. I'll try and organise another test later this week.

Does this sound plausible?

I think this might be a result of the default cleanup setting in the arma config.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext#corpseLimit

corpseLimit defaults to 15, and we had 28 people playing at the time and probably about 15 corpses when we started hearing everyone...

I set corpseLimit to 50 and increased the time values on corpseRemovalMinTime and corpseRemovalMaxTime, unfortunately I don't have any info on if it worked as we ran into issues with xMedSys when people went to spectator cam, the xmedSys pain effects didn't get removed which meant that a lot of the players who died, disconnected before we could get any usable info. I'll try and organise another test later this week.

Does this sound plausible?

We are playing about 120 players and as far as I know corpseLimit is not set (will check).

Also, as I remember plugin reload or alt-tabing to TS temporary fix the problem (but we were got it only once).

Maybe it is something xmedsys related.

So, will wait for you results.

just to be clear xmedSys wasn't running when we first had the problem...

Cheers

C.

OK, got it. For some reason plugin stops receive information about some of live players, so plugin starts to treat them as death.

Hello guys.

Just tried it with most of my team-and i ll have to say..Awesome quality so far.

I know things will get even better in time.

One thing that really bothered me is:"Is there a REALLY serious reason symbols like the "@" must be excluded?"

For the last 4-5 years i m using this particular character in my nickname..and i ll love to know if there is ANY way to allow the symbol.

Hello guys.

Just tried it with most of my team-and i ll have to say..Awesome quality so far.

I know things will get even better in time.

One thing that really bothered me is:"Is there a REALLY serious reason symbols like the "@" must be excluded?"

For the last 4-5 years i m using this particular character in my nickname..and i ll love to know if there is ANY way to allow the symbol.

Thanks for feedback, bug with @ already fixed in dev version. So, after next release you will able to use your nickname again :)

Nkey, can you shed any light on this...

== "arma3server.exe" -config=A3_main.cfg -cfg=ArmA3.cfg -mod=@CBA_A3;@task_force_radio;@hccore;@hcuni;@hcair;@FFISv1.4 -profiles=profiles -name=server -ranking=ranking.txt -port=2302

Exe timestamp: 2014/01/29 23:37:59

Current time: 2014/02/23 13:19:35

Type: Public

Branch: Stable

Version: 1.10.114700

Allocator: C:\arma3\arma3_main\dll\tbb4malloc_bi.dll

=====================================================================

AppId parsing successful. Using appId=107410

Unsupported language English in stringtable

File task_force_radio\anprc152\anprc152.ext, line 84: '/anprc152_radio_dialog/next_channel.action': Missing ';' prior '}'

File task_force_radio\anprc152\anprc152.ext, line 94: '/anprc152_radio_dialog/prev_channel.action': Missing ';' prior '}'

File task_force_radio\anprc152\anprc152.ext, line 103: '/anprc152_radio_dialog/increase_volume.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\anprc152\anprc152.ext, line 113: '/anprc152_radio_dialog/decrease_volume.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\anprc148jem\anprc148jem.ext, line 96: '/anprc148jem_radio_dialog/next_channel148.action': Missing ';' prior '}'

File task_force_radio\anprc148jem\anprc148jem.ext, line 106: '/anprc148jem_radio_dialog/increase_volume148.action': Missing ';' prior '}'

File task_force_radio\anprc148jem\anprc148jem.ext, line 116: '/anprc148jem_radio_dialog/decrease_volume148.action': Missing ';' prior '}'

File task_force_radio\rt1523g\rt1523g.ext, line 91: '/rt1523g_radio_dialog/rt1523g_channel01.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\rt1523g\rt1523g.ext, line 101: '/rt1523g_radio_dialog/rt1523g_channel02.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\rt1523g\rt1523g.ext, line 111: '/rt1523g_radio_dialog/rt1523g_channel03.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\rt1523g\rt1523g.ext, line 121: '/rt1523g_radio_dialog/rt1523g_channel04.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\rt1523g\rt1523g.ext, line 131: '/rt1523g_radio_dialog/rt1523g_channel05.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\rt1523g\rt1523g.ext, line 141: '/rt1523g_radio_dialog/rt1523g_channel06.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\rt1523g\rt1523g.ext, line 151: '/rt1523g_radio_dialog/rt1523g_channel07.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\rt1523g\rt1523g.ext, line 161: '/rt1523g_radio_dialog/rt1523g_channel08.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\rt1523g\rt1523g.ext, line 171: '/rt1523g_radio_dialog/rt1523g_channel09.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\anprc155\anprc155.ext, line 95: '/anprc155_radio_dialog/next_channel155.action': Missing ';' prior '}'

File task_force_radio\fadak\fadak.ext, line 62: '/fadak_radio_dialog/next_channel_fadak.action': Missing ';' prior '}'

File task_force_radio\fadak\fadak.ext, line 72: '/fadak_radio_dialog/previous_channel_fadak.action': Missing ';' prior '}'

File task_force_radio\fadak\fadak.ext, line 81: '/fadak_radio_dialog/increase_volume_fadak.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\fadak\fadak.ext, line 91: '/fadak_radio_dialog/decrease_volume_fadak.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\mr3000\mr3000.ext, line 72: '/mr3000_radio_dialog/mr3000_next_channel.action': Missing ';' prior '}'

File task_force_radio\mr3000\mr3000.ext, line 82: '/mr3000_radio_dialog/mr3000_previous_channel.action': Missing ';' prior '}'

File task_force_radio\mr3000\mr3000.ext, line 121: '/mr3000_radio_dialog/mr3000_channel_1.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\mr3000\mr3000.ext, line 131: '/mr3000_radio_dialog/mr3000_channel_2.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\mr3000\mr3000.ext, line 141: '/mr3000_radio_dialog/mr3000_channel_3.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\mr3000\mr3000.ext, line 151: '/mr3000_radio_dialog/mr3000_channel_4.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\mr3000\mr3000.ext, line 161: '/mr3000_radio_dialog/mr3000_channel_5.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\mr3000\mr3000.ext, line 171: '/mr3000_radio_dialog/mr3000_channel_6.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\mr3000\mr3000.ext, line 181: '/mr3000_radio_dialog/mr3000_channel_7.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\mr3000\mr3000.ext, line 191: '/mr3000_radio_dialog/mr3000_channel_8.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\mr3000\mr3000.ext, line 201: '/mr3000_radio_dialog/mr3000_channel_9.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

Nkey, can you shed any light on this...

Thanks for feedback, already fixed in dev-version. Just ignore it for now - everything should work as excepted.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Having tested this mod recently, my clan are about to test on a large scale to see if it can replace ACRE.

I was wondering if there is any planned functionality updates to allow the radios to use a speaker rather than an ear piece? Staying within the realism of what the radios offer in the real world, I don't know if they have this functionality.

I would love to see something like this as it would keep the rest of a fire-team in the know and they would know when to shut the hell up.

Hello.

I have such thing in plan, but only for long term. It is because of limitation of TS API.

Excellent news! Hope you manage to figure it out.

Edited by CannonousCrash

3 question

are you going to add short range radio like 343 in acre?

Seems like i can't use radio while i am in top sprint speed are you purpose to this or is just WIP?

Can't hear any radio transmitting in f18 engine runnig because the radio sound is too low and small can we expect this more louder in future?

2. Try talking in a radio when sprinting yourself in real life.....wont work

3. ArmA's sound is simply WAY too loud when inside vehicles. Especially in the F18.

This addon's radio volume set to 100 in game is simply 100% of your Teamspeak volume. So just pump up your TS volume.

When flying, I always set the effects volume down to about 2%. You dont really need it and its anoying anyway.

Edited by 87th_Neptune

3 question

are you going to add short range radio like 343 in acre?

Seems like i can't use radio while i am in top sprint speed are you purpose to this or is just WIP?

Can't hear any radio transmitting in f18 engine runnig because the radio sound is too low and small can we expect this more louder in future?

1) yep, it will be optional (special settings) (about 1.5 krm range).

2) are you mean you can't use radio while pressing shift and running?

3) have you tried to set up radio volume to 100%?

1) yep, it will be optional (special settings) (about 1.5 krm range).

2) are you mean you can't use radio while pressing shift and running?

3) have you tried to set up radio volume to 100%?

2) Yes

3) Ofcourse i did

2) Yes

3) Ofcourse i did

2) will schedule it to be fixed somehow

3) not sure I can't do something here - most of the time player is outside the vehicles. I can't just make it louder in the vehicle because of blood from ears for a lot of players... Are you experiencing it only in F18 mod?

2) will schedule it to be fixed somehow

3) not sure I can't do something here - most of the time player is outside the vehicles. I can't just make it louder in the vehicle because of blood from ears for a lot of players... Are you experiencing it only in F18 mod?

I can't heard them almost in every loud vehicle like f18

since that i cant breif 9 lines to pilot or can't recive 9 lines by other playe

But i agree that much louder volum then current version could be turn in to ear rape.

i'll let them to turn down in game sound value

Edited by kgino1045