nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Just wanted to elaborate a bit more on what my fellow Task Force 88 member Hav0k is talking about. Something like the
would be pretty cool. Its similar to a AN/PRC 343, in that it allows a small group of people to communicate within a squad sized element. Additionally, we need a way to talk to the platoon HQ element, we currently use your AN/PRC 152 for that and a separate radio that has the ability to cover the same area as the 1536 but fits in your shirt for example. Or I would be happy using the backpack radio, but LEA does not allow you to add items. It also does not allow you to carry enough equipment to operate even if you load it with items after you enter the server. We use XMed as well, so we need a fair amount of space in the backpacks to fit a few medical supplies, grenades, IR grenades, smoke, and various other items. I would personally suggest that that same MTP pack should be about 3/4 capacity with the 1536 inside of it. Its a fairly small radio, even if it has an extra battery and whip antenna attached to it. Just a few friendly suggestions. Great mod, and let me know what you think. Thanks.

An option will be to utilize a "radio" man that will communicate with command with the LR.

An option will be to utilize a "radio" man that will communicate with command with the LR.

We do utilize an RTO (Radio Telephone Operator) at the "Platoon" level. This is solely for communication between the element above the platoon, i.e Company, or Air assets. The problem we are running into is that their is no way to communicate in each squad independent of the other squads in the platoon. So we effectively have 35 to 40 players on the same channel. The way we have devised to get around this at this point is to have the squad leaders carry an additional AN/PRC 152, but there is no way to effectively switch between the radios quickly. For example, with ACRE you can press CTRL+SHFT+A to quickly switch between radios. We would use the NUM pad hotkeys to switch between channels, but there is no way to monitor both channels at the same time and we cant have that. Ideally, we would want to use a small short range radio for the each of the eight man squads or for each of the 4 man fireteams, a radio for the squad leaders to talk to platoon HQ, and a radio for the RTO's to talk to the Company HQ or the air assets. I hope that kind of explains what I am getting at.

Well Sickboy's told me that TFAR is fully supported on PwS, as is ACRE and it will automatically copy the userconfig and TS3 plugins to the correct places :)

From the Custom Repo documentation:

@modfolder\userconfig\*.* ends up in game\userconfig\modfolder\*.*

So the files must exist directly in @modfolder\userconfig, not a subfolder

Also Nkey, in the LEA repository your radio backpacks are set as deployable backpacks. This make sit so you cant add items to the backpack in LEA. I am not sure if you are the one who added it to LEA, but I thought I should bring it to your attention none the less.

Also Nkey, in the LEA repository your radio backpacks are set as deployable backpacks. This make sit so you cant add items to the backpack in LEA. I am not sure if you are the one who added it to LEA, but I thought I should bring it to your attention none the less.

Thanks for info.

We do utilize an RTO (Radio Telephone Operator) at the "Platoon" level. This is solely for communication between the element above the platoon, i.e Company, or Air assets. The problem we are running into is that their is no way to communicate in each squad independent of the other squads in the platoon. So we effectively have 35 to 40 players on the same channel. The way we have devised to get around this at this point is to have the squad leaders carry an additional AN/PRC 152, but there is no way to effectively switch between the radios quickly. For example, with ACRE you can press CTRL+SHFT+A to quickly switch between radios. We would use the NUM pad hotkeys to switch between channels, but there is no way to monitor both channels at the same time and we cant have that. Ideally, we would want to use a small short range radio for the each of the eight man squads or for each of the 4 man fireteams, a radio for the squad leaders to talk to platoon HQ, and a radio for the RTO's to talk to the Company HQ or the air assets. I hope that kind of explains what I am getting at.

Yup is clear.

Who is developing this mod other than Nkey. Just wondering.

From his home page: http://radio.task-force.ru/en/

He is the main dev with help of others,

TF]MTF, [TF]Hardckor, TRUE, Blender, Avi, Dina, Ðндрей Захаров, Vinnie Falco, TF squad, Music DSP Collection, WOG project

I was talking a few things over with a friend of mine today and he had an interesting idea. What about making it so you can set your push to talk keys manually in game via a menu. For example, if I am carrying two AN/PRC 152's I could set one to CAPS, and one to CTRL+CAPS. If I wanted a third radio all I would have to do is make it SHFT+CAPS. Just an idea.

I was talking a few things over with a friend of mine today and he had an interesting idea. What about making it so you can set your push to talk keys manually in game via a menu. For example, if I am carrying two AN/PRC 152's I could set one to CAPS, and one to CTRL+CAPS. If I wanted a third radio all I would have to do is make it SHFT+CAPS. Just an idea.

I think it will be not easy for new users to get fimilar with such system. Also, currently different buttons used for short range, long range and diver radio.... I hope subchannels (separate key) + key to switch radios in fast way + more size for backpacks will do the work for the first time...

Hey nKey,

I've recently downloaded the updated version (0.8.3) and have been having trouble with it. When I die in game it "deactivates" TFAR. I have come to the conclusion that I have done something wrong in the update process as I've tested it with others and they haven't had the same issues.

Forgive me if this is a repeat question... when I make a new soldier loadout in a new config, and then Preview with him in the editor, it places my backpack on the ground and puts a radio backpack on my back. Is there any way to pick and chose if I want this backpack to be a part of a soldier's loadout or not? I want some to have radio backpacks and others to have 152's.

Forgive me if this is a repeat question... when I make a new soldier loadout in a new config, and then Preview with him in the editor, it places my backpack on the ground and puts a radio backpack on my back. Is there any way to pick and chose if I want this backpack to be a part of a soldier's loadout or not? I want some to have radio backpacks and others to have 152's.

It's documented on the site. You need to put

tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true;

in your mission's init.sqf, and then use addBackpack for the units you want. tf_rt1523g for blufor, tf_mr3000 for opfor, tf_anprc155 for independent.

Hey nKey,

I've recently downloaded the updated version (0.8.3) and have been having trouble with it. When I die in game it "deactivates" TFAR. I have come to the conclusion that I have done something wrong in the update process as I've tested it with others and they haven't had the same issues.

Make sure both plugins and addon updated.

It's documented on the site. You need to put

in your mission's init.sqf, and then use addBackpack for the units you want. tf_rt1523g for blufor, tf_mr3000 for opfor, tf_anprc155 for independent.

Thanks. Seems a bit backwards though. I'd think that it should be an option to include in the init.sqf if you do want LR radios on everyone. For everyone else you just load it up and you can assign LR radios to just the few people that need it.

Hi,

I have a noob question.

I am a little stuck on how to set the tf_radio_channel_name and tf_radio_channel_password for serious mode? The documentation lists the command, but no clues as how it should be called or where I should be placing that call.

e.g.

tf_radio_channel_name = "opChannel";

"opChannel" call tf_radio_channel_name;

etc

I know creating a channel taskforceRadio with password 123 works, except there are several clans who we share the teamspeak server with and were getting a bit of conflict as they started appearing in our channel when we were testing and viceversa when they had a subchannel with that name.

I did notice when I quit the arma server I was testing, I didn't get returned to the original TS channel I was in, is this to be expected?

Thanks in Advance

C.

Hi,

I have a noob question.

I am a little stuck on how to set the tf_radio_channel_name and tf_radio_channel_password for serious mode? The documentation lists the command, but no clues as how it should be called or where I should be placing that call.

e.g.

"opChannel" call tf_radio_channel_name;

etc

I know creating a channel taskforceRadio with password 123 works, except there are several clans who we share the teamspeak server with and were getting a bit of conflict as they started appearing in our channel when we were testing and viceversa when they had a subchannel with that name.

I did notice when I quit the arma server I was testing, I didn't get returned to the original TS channel I was in, is this to be expected?

Thanks in Advance

C.

Hello.

You just need set variable values in init.sqf:

tf_radio_channel_password = "333";

Also, it is possible to create small addon (which set such flags for all clients) and start it on the server.

"I did notice when I quit the arma server I was testing, I didn't get returned to the original TS channel I was in, is this to be expected?"

Could you provide more info please?

Thanks. Seems a bit backwards though. I'd think that it should be an option to include in the init.sqf if you do want LR radios on everyone. For everyone else you just load it up and you can assign LR radios to just the few people that need it.

I agree. I was thinking of creating a small addon only for purposes of setting the flag, but I'm not sure if it would then be necessary to distribute it to all players, or if it's enough that the host has it. Edit: Eh, didn't read the above post. I guess not, if even the TS channel setup is only needed for the host.

I agree. I was thinking of creating a small addon only for purposes of setting the flag, but I'm not sure if it would then be necessary to distribute it to all players, or if it's enough that the host has it. Edit: Eh, didn't read the above post. I guess not, if even the TS channel setup is only needed for the host.
I'd like to do something like that and add it to my unit's custom mod, but I haven't even started thinking about how to actually do it.

It's just a shame. We want to use this mod, but that means each mission creator has to include the code snippet for each mission, since only a certain few use the LR radios. Horribly inefficient. Who uses this mod and has EVERYONE using a LR radio pack?

edit: Just want to add that I hope this isn't taken as a complaint. Just an opinion that I hope causes action to be taken. Either way, I am sincerely grateful for the creation and distribution of this mod.

Edited by BadHabitz

Hello.

You just need set variable values in init.sqf:

tf_radio_channel_password = "333";

Also, it is possible to create small addon (which set such flags for all clients) and start it on the server.

"I did notice when I quit the arma server I was testing, I didn't get returned to the original TS channel I was in, is this to be expected?"

Could you provide more info please?

Thanks Nkey, I thought I had tried that, but clearly I didn't do it correctly.

The bit regarding returning to the original channel was from your webpage, it says under serious mode "After the game ends, the players are transferred to the channel used for planning before the mission start". Does this only happen if there is a debrief? aborting the mission doesn't send me back to my original channel.

I am having a slight issue trying to figure out why I can set the radio frequencies for CSAT.

I used your script from here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169029-Task-Force-Arrowhead-Radio&p=2592046&viewfull=1#post2592046 and expanded it to also set frequences for opfor and independents, Nato and Independents work fine, but I can't get opfor to set the frequencies. (They are vanilla csat soldiers)

#include "\task_force_radio\common.sqf";

tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = true;
tf_west_radio_code = "_opfor";tf_east_radio_code = "_opfor"; tf_guer_radio_code = "_opfor";
tf_radio_channel_name = "OP channel";
tf_radio_channel_password = "secret";

if ((isServer) or (isDedicated)) then {

_settingsSwWest = call generateSwSetting;
   _settingsSwWest set[2, "134.5"];
   _settingsSwWest set[3, "242.9"];
tf_freq_west = _settingsSwWest;

_settingsSwEast = call generateSwSetting;
   _settingsSwEast set[2, "129.1"];
   _settingsSwEast set[3, "333.9"];
   tf_freq_east = _settingsSwEast;

_settingsSwGuer = call generateSwSetting;
   _settingsSwGuer set[2, "187.5"];
   _settingsSwGuer set[3, "305.9"];    
   tf_freq_guer = _settingsSwGuer;

_settingsLrWest = call generateLrSettings;
   _settingsLrWest set[2, "30.8"];
   _settingsLrWest set[3, "75.5"];
   tf_freq_west_lr = _settingsLrWest;

_settingsLrEast = call generateLrSettings;
   _settingsLrEast set[2, "45.2"];
   _settingsLrEast set[3, "63.4"];
tf_freq_east_lr = _settingsLrEast;

_settingsLrGuer = call generateLrSettings;
   _settingsLrGuer set[2, "45.2"];
   _settingsLrGuer set[3, "63.4"]; 
tf_freq_guer_lr = _settingsLrGuer;

publicVariable "tf_freq_west";
   publicVariable "tf_freq_west_lr";
   publicVariable "tf_freq_east";
   publicVariable "tf_freq_east_lr";
   publicVariable "tf_freq_guer";
   publicVariable "tf_freq_guer_lr";

};

Edit: Found the solution to east not getting frequencies:

for some reason the variable is ft_freq_east and ft_freq_lr, tf is switched to ft for some reason on east...

Edited by catatonicChimp
found solution

I'd like to do something like that and add it to my unit's custom mod, but I haven't even started thinking about how to actually do it.

It's just a shame. We want to use this mod, but that means each mission creator has to include the code snippet for each mission, since only a certain few use the LR radios. Horribly inefficient. Who uses this mod and has EVERYONE using a LR radio pack?

edit: Just want to add that I hope this isn't taken as a complaint. Just an opinion that I hope causes action to be taken. Either way, I am sincerely grateful for the creation and distribution of this mod.

But what is the problem? You can always take your original backpack from the ground if you want....

---------- Post added at 12:43 ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 ----------

Thanks Nkey, I thought I had tried that, but clearly I didn't do it correctly.

The bit regarding returning to the original channel was from your webpage, it says under serious mode "After the game ends, the players are transferred to the channel used for planning before the mission start". Does this only happen if there is a debrief? aborting the mission doesn't send me back to my original channel.

Hm. WIll check.

But what is the problem? You can always take your original backpack from the ground if you want....

Because then you leave the radio behind on the ground then, and that eats server resources, doesn't it? I guess you could put it in a box somewhere, if you have a crate or vehicle around.

I just thought it would be more efficient to default to no LR radios, and they can be picked up if needed, or written into a config for a milsim unit. There are times when we play where LR radios aren't needed.

For instance, I'm writing a config for my unit to have custom classes and loadouts, and those that need LR radios have them assigned. If default was set to no LR radios, then we wouldn't have to give it another thought. The way it is now, everyone who creates a mission has to remember to add to the init.sqf, otherwise my squad leaders will have to swap backpacks at the beginning of a mission.

It's not gamebreaking the way it is now, so if you feel it's better that way then I'll just live with it.

I think this is how you do it:

class CfgPatches
{
class your_addon_name
{
	units[] = {};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 1.0;
	requiredAddons[] = {"Extended_EventHandlers"};
};
};

class Extended_PreInit_EventHandlers
{
extraInit = "extraInitVar = [] execVM ""\your_addon_name\init.sqf""";
};

as your addon's config.cpp, and then just add an init.sqf file with what you want to set as its contents. I haven't tested it, though.

Our problem has mostly been with missions that have an irregular starting position. Or more often that people just forget to pick them up... But it's not a real issue.

Hey,

cool mod. But we discover a very annoying error. Nobody starts with a short range radio.

When you join the server it says: No task force radio is deployed on the server!

I uploaded the mods to the server!

Its strange, because the radios work...but only if you grab them through the ammobox if you had safed a gear loadout with it before!

Hope somebody can help many

Many greetings

Moony

Has it been made possible to set up re-trans sites, like it was made available with ACRE? If it has, how would one go about doing this?