nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Is it possible to add vehicleradios to addon vehicles in some easy way? The newly released stand alone hmmwv doesn't have a radio.

Is it possible to add vehicleradios to addon vehicles in some easy way? The newly released stand alone hmmwv doesn't have a radio.

Judging from this, there's no easy way to add classes to the array yet.

I have a question... Is it possible at all to bind the key up functions for the long range and the short range radios to a mouse button? When I look at the config file to edit for the keyboard I dont' see how a mouse would play a part. I got buttons out the a$$ on my mouse and it would be much much much mucchhh better to use a mouse button that the awkward shift caps etc for LR.

---------- Post added at 08:28 ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 ----------

One other thing I was wondering.. We have been using this mod in my clan for 2 months now. Does anyone else get on their servers , when you first join "Taskforce radio not on server' or something like that.. yet a few seconds later it still locks in... We are then moved to the TaskForce Radio channel on our server and seems to work.. Just wondering why we would see this message up front?

Hey thanks for your answer. I'm going to wait for the update then.

Till then we have another problem. "tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = true;": is not working. We all start with different Frequencies. An Idea why?

Till then we have another problem. "tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = true;": is not working. We all start with different Frequencies. An Idea why?

Where do you set that variable? Because it works for us.

Not possible now (possible only to force vechile to some side radio). You about this mode - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24518 ?

---------- Post added at 11:34 ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 ----------

Put it the the first line of init.sqf

I have a question... Is it possible at all to bind the key up functions for the long range and the short range radios to a mouse button? When I look at the config file to edit for the keyboard I dont' see how a mouse would play a part. I got buttons out the a$$ on my mouse and it would be much much much mucchhh better to use a mouse button that the awkward shift caps etc for LR.

---------- Post added at 08:28 ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 ----------

One other thing I was wondering.. We have been using this mod in my clan for 2 months now. Does anyone else get on their servers , when you first join "Taskforce radio not on server' or something like that.. yet a few seconds later it still locks in... We are then moved to the TaskForce Radio channel on our server and seems to work.. Just wondering why we would see this message up front?

Regarding mouse - looks like one way is use some kind of mouse2keyboard program...

Regarding "Taskforce radio not on server" - if addon works, ignore this message. Will try to fix it.

Most of the non no-name mouses can "emulate" keyboard keys with a programm you can find on the manufactorers page!

I put them in the end of my INIT.sqf!

Put to first line. At least before any "waitUntil" and other.

Put to first line. At least before any "waitUntil" and other.

I don't have any "waitUntil" but I'm going to put it in the first line. I'll test it later

@nkey - First I would like to thank you for sharing your work with the ARMA community and congratulate you on a very useful and well design mod. Now for my question.

Is there a way to utilize a radio as a local load speaker?

I want to have an on base loud speaker system so players at base can listen to pilots on incoming traffic or in theater activities for my dynamic persistent co-op mission.

Thank you in advance

*post above me* That would be awesome.

I have another question: Is it possible to have 2 keys for one action. Would be handy for pilots (after I have my Radio key on the mouse and not on the Joystick)

@nkey - First I would like to thank you for sharing your work with the ARMA community and congratulate you on a very useful and well design mod. Now for my question.

Is there a way to utilize a radio as a local load speaker?

I want to have an on base loud speaker system so players at base can listen to pilots on incoming traffic or in theater activities for my dynamic persistent co-op mission.

Thank you in advance

I have few request such as this, but currently there are few problems to implement it (need to migrate to different 3D sound engine). Maybe in future....

---------- Post added at 15:28 ---------- Previous post was at 15:26 ----------

*post above me* That would be awesome.

I have another question: Is it possible to have 2 keys for one action. Would be handy for pilots (after I have my Radio key on the mouse and not on the Joystick)

Will do.

I just recently watched "Lone Survivor".

A key aspect of the plot is they had spotty, long range, radio. Could you do a check (maybe by checking if they are under something), and if they don't have a clear line of sight to the sky then their long-range is broken/spotty/unintelligible?

This is kind of important to us. It forces the Coms guy in each team to have to go outside to talk to command. Thus upping the tension, and making him an asset that needs to be protected so they can give Sit Reps.

Right now we put each Fireteam on their own (short range) frequency, and their Team Leader also gets a Long Range Pack: so the team-leads can talk to each other and to High Command.

Hunkering in a forest, some caves, or even in a building might break up long range.

I think it'd be fun.

I just recently watched "Lone Survivor".

A key aspect of the plot is they had spotty, long range, radio. Could you do a check (maybe by checking if they are under something), and if they don't have a clear line of sight to the sky then their long-range is broken/spotty/unintelligible?

This is kind of important to us. It forces the Coms guy in each team to have to go outside to talk to command. Thus upping the tension, and making him an asset that needs to be protected so they can give Sit Reps.

Right now we put each Fireteam on their own (short range) frequency, and their Team Leader also gets a Long Range Pack: so the team-leads can talk to each other and to High Command.

Hunkering in a forest, some caves, or even in a building might break up long range.

I think it'd be fun.

Looks like you talking about satellite radio. Currently there is no such in addon. But if I'll add it it will works much worse in buildings..

@Profecy

It appears that Altis Life makes use of onEachFrame in core\functions\fn_playerTags.sqf instead of using something like BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler.

Also it makes use of clearing onEachFrame on line 166 in dialog\settings.hpp instead of BIS_fnc_removeStackedEventHandler.

@FatalCrash

On Windows 8.1 and it works fine for me.

Thank mate, you made ​​us to save a lot of time :yay:

It would be good to add this to the first post because this information is not easy to find ;)

Hello,

I had the problem with the frequencies before and still have them. Again, I want everybody on the server to use the same Frequency after we are just a small group.

I put this it the very first line of the init.sqf: "tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = true;" (without "")

but its not working...what do I do wrong?

Many Greetings

Moony

Hello,

I had the problem with the frequencies before and still have them. Again, I want everybody on the server to use the same Frequency after we are just a small group.

I put this it the very first line of the init.sqf: "tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = true;" (without "")

but its not working...what do I do wrong?

Many Greetings

Moony

Try to put it at first line in init.sqf

I put this it the very first line of the init.sqf

That is what I have said!

Is there anyway to change the appearance of the backpack that is the long range radio?

Thanks for a great addon, it really adds a new dimension to our games!

Last night one of the missions we played was broken because TFA removed the leader's backpack which was full with explosives that were necessary for completing the mission. How about not assigning the team leader a long range radio if there's only a single playable team in the mission?

Thanks for a great addon, it really adds a new dimension to our games!

Last night one of the missions we played was broken because TFA removed the leader's backpack which was full with explosives that were necessary for completing the mission. How about not assigning the team leader a long range radio if there's only a single playable team in the mission?

Variable, in the TFR home page http://radio.task-force.ru/en/ explain how to do it.

"

To Mapmakers

The long range radio classes: tf_rt1523g,tf_mr3000,tf_anprc155. It’s possible to add it to a player using the editor initialization line roughly the following way: this addBackpack "tf_rt1523g";

To disable the automatic distribution of long range radios, add the following line to init.sqf: tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true"

theNaCH, thanks, but the problem is missions that were not created with TFR in mind.