Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 112555 (1.63 build release, not backward compatible)

We discovered a critical problem when using this Beta with the new BattleEye.dll update. Everyones game is crashing within the first two minutes on our dedicated Server.

Everybody gets the same Error message in the windows event log

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: arma2oa.exe, Version: 1.63.112.555, Zeitstempel: 0x528b57e8

Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: SHELL32.dll, Version: 6.1.7601.18222, Zeitstempel: 0x51f1d731

Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005

Fehleroffset: 0x007c0000

ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0xebc

Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01cf43a0643c4ee8

Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: G:\Arma2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\syswow64\SHELL32.dll

Berichtskennung: 2dc432e0-af94-11e3-a273-90e6ba90b378

We tried reverting to Beta 103.718 -> No Crash

We also tried disabling BattleEye -> No Crash

Edited by Tonci87

Hoping to see a final patch released soon and get everyone on the same page. I'm still playing the outstanding Cold War Rearmed 2.

Thinking about it, was there ever a final Arma 1 patch released? And will the Linux server be added to CWA?

Would be nice to see these games finalised once and for all.

I asked the same thing about a 5 minutes change in the code to stop spamming the screen with script errors, got the answer I gave you. They could have probably leave ONE guy still assigned to A2, but oh well...

Yeah it's too bad.. .well let's hope once A3 updates calm down a bit they put some focus back on A2

Here, here.

Moreover I believe that several major mod teams that are waiting for 1.63 before shipping their final version (Unsung 2.6, I44 2.7, CWR2), to avoid having to release post-1.63 patches.

This is especially significant because I think that, after taking a well-earned rest, many of them with then jump over to A3.

Hoping to see a final patch released soon and get everyone on the same page. I'm still playing the outstanding Cold War Rearmed 2.

Thinking about it, was there ever a final Arma 1 patch released? And will the Linux server be added to CWA?

Would be nice to see these games finalised once and for all.

Yes there was a final ArmA 1.18 but at that point ArmA II was already at 1.05 and ArmA multiplayer servers ceased to exist. But that won't happen with A2 since it is simply the better game even compared to A3 (The original A2 not OA that was a step backwards in realism based gameplay)

since [A2] is simply the better game even compared to A3 (The original A2 not OA that was a step backwards in realism based gameplay)

You can't be serious :).

You can't be serious :).
I'am, if you look away from all the shiny and bad implemented stuff like TI and Countermeasure that came with OA it's still Plain old arma II that íst best to run chernarus and at lest there the A.I. chat system still fullyworks...it is broken since 1.57. And haven't you noticed the amout of small features that ArmA II has and that were removed in OA? O the same System l<yarge scale mission still work better in ArmA II, depite the claims of BIS that OA would run everthing better...it does not.

Beagle that's nice nonsense you wrote there ... OA runs A2 content faster ... for several reasons ...

also the TI in OA was best done at that time in any end user game... and still surpas most

We contected BattlEye. They reverted to version 1.208 until they can solve the problems.

Beagle that's nice nonsense you wrote there ... OA runs A2 content faster ... for several reasons ...

also the TI in OA was best done at that time in any end user game... and still surpas most

Dwarden I have used Thermal imaging in the late 90's on Spähpanzer Luchs and just recently worked for KMW and wittnessed TI tests in the brandnew PUMA and you know that BIS simply used a layer of textures, But real Devices do not deliver sich crisp pictures under all circumstances, especialyl not when moisture and dust beginn to scatter the waves, neither does the temperature of environment and air play a great role in OA, TI in OA works much to perfect and should not give you the option of easy target distinction. It shoudkl be really hard to tell a vehicle types from each other beyond 2000m. Also I had repoeted it numerous times that features of the original A2 units do not work anymore in OA. Examples the tinitus sound, breaking glass on HMMWVs and the whole chat and report system for ALICE and own AI. An I can definately run mission with larger VD and more A.I, with much higher frames compared to OA. Obviously the threshhold for client fps drop is much lower in 1.62 compared to 1.11 CTI became impossiblöe to ply with High AI counts after 1.57 in A2 it still works...the AI is rubberbanding but at least you can play the whole mission with decent fps. Another thing that killed tactical gameplay in OA was the possibilty to command a tank as driver with full tab and shoot capability and radar for everone. Somw of that is party solved in 1.62 betas...but those are also only party used. Edited by Beagle

Yeah I would also like to know why BIS is holding back the 1.63 patch which most probably will be the last one we are going to see for ArmA CO. At least we could fix our stuff and move on.

after server upgrade to v1.190 again all throws from the server

Any details?

The same issue as markusua posted.

I think this is new (1.214) battleye client related.

Yesterday my linux server was running on:

Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead betapatch v1.63.112555 from __https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_Dedicated_Server#Linux_2

Battleye Server v1.185 from battleye.com

My Battleye client version was 1.208. Arma2 OA client version 112555. My OS is Windows x64.

I was in game and after battley client updated from 1.208 to 1.214 my game crashed to desktop. I login through rcon and see that all players on server began to have problems with connectivity:

Player xxx kicked off by BattlEye: Client not responding

Player xxx disconnected.

Player yyy kicked off by BattlEye: Client not responding

Player yyy disconnected.

Player zzz kicked off by BattlEye: Client not responding

Player zzz disconnected.

I login through ssh to server, check network and everything was normal with internet connection:

I open logs and discover only new phrase in logs:

Player xxx is losing connection

Player xxx kicked off by BattlEye: Client not responding

Player xxx disconnected.

I tried three more times to go in game and everytime after 1-2 minutes in game the arma oa.exe crashed to desktop.

This was on v1.185 battley server.

I restarted arma oa server and discover that now it running with 1.190 battleye server.

I tried to dive in game, but arma oa still have issue with crash to desktop.

Rcon says me that all players on server have problem with clients: "Client not responding"

I redownload BEClient.dll v1.214 from battleye.com and put it in Expansion/Battleye folder on my game client, but it not helps. The same issue: Client not responding

Then I turned off battleye server in server.cfg and gaming 2 hours without any problems.

I think that BEClient.dll v1.214 have problems with connectivity to linux version of dedicated server Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead v1.63.112555.

Sorry for my english.

BE-related game crashes with v1.63 were fixed earlier today.

No. After yesterday update game crashes, if battleye on linux server turned on. May be wrong BEClient.dll was published?

No. After yesterday update game crashes, if battleye on linux server turned on. May be wrong BEClient.dll was published?

Did you test it again after my post? If so, please send me the crash info from your .RPT file (at the end).

Yeah I would also like to know why BIS is holding back the 1.63 patch which most probably will be the last one we are going to see for ArmA CO. At least we could fix our stuff and move on.

Because if they leave ArmA2 in this half-broken state, they hope everyone moves on to ArmA3. Never before they made us waiting that long for a patch. Also don't forget that the current BI is no more the same they were years ago. They obviously have no more interest in military simulations but focus on stuff like DayZ and probably next something 'Life' related. The customers there are easier to please than the hardcore milsim crowd. I highly doubt we will ever see another official patch for ArmA2, as sad as this is.

It might be better to use 1.62 as basis for our own fixes as long as ArmA2 lives.

As far as it concerns me, Carrier Command was my last BI game. That's another half-finished game released by them and abandoned after they got enough cash out of it.

I think that ArmA 2 is much better than ArmA 3.

Beyond the graphics (ArmA 3 is far superior than ArmA 2) the gameplay of ArmA 3 is worse, in my opinion.

It seems that nowadays software houses primarily dot the visual aspect and not the substance of the game itself.

I personally would have gladly paid for one or more patches of ArmA 2 rather than buying ArmA 3 :j:

Because if they leave ArmA2 in this half-broken state, they hope everyone moves on to ArmA3. Never before they made us waiting that long for a patch. Also don't forget that the current BI is no more the same they were years ago. They obviously have no more interest in military simulations but focus on stuff like DayZ and probably next something 'Life' related. The customers there are easier to please than the hardcore milsim crowd. I highly doubt we will ever see another official patch for ArmA2, as sad as this is.

It might be better to use 1.62 as basis for our own fixes as long as ArmA2 lives.

As far as it concerns me, Carrier Command was my last BI game. That's another half-finished game released by them and abandoned after they got enough cash out of it.

i guess these features and fixes from TKOM being constantly moved to CCGM (similar to how OA was getting some of DayZ and A3 fixes) means 'abandoned' ...

Maybe bis want to release 1.63 the same way as they do with patch 1.99 for

Operation Flashpoint -> 10th year anniversary patch.

If yes we must wait only 6 more years. ;)

And in 2020 we will have new 1.63 patch. :D

Edited by tom3kb

This argument that A2 is superior to A3 is absurd. I suggest anyone still feeling that way to give A3 a real chance and start playing it and porting their content to the new platform. I did, and it changed my perspective 180 degrees. A3 is, in every aspect, a step forward in the series.

When they finally release the final patch for OA, I seriously hope they clean that mess they made on Steam. It's currently five shortcuts for A2 alone, plus ArmaX as a sixth for no good reason...

When they finally release the final patch for OA, I seriously hope they clean that mess they made on Steam. It's currently five shortcuts for A2 alone, plus ArmaX as a sixth for no good reason...

describe mess ? Arma X shortcut is for bonus content, A2F, A2, OA, BAF, PMC were separate ...

no idea what you mean with 5 shortcuts ..