Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

Altis - Info & Discussion

I really hope they'll release altis soon after 17:00 CET i can't download more than 1gb according to my provider subscription :(

For all you people wondering if there are any office buildings and city areas, check the cities out. There's actually more in them than you think (Spoilers :P). Oh, and you know that research facility with all those domes? Apparently you need a hazmat suit to go in them (It says so on the door :D)

Complaining won't make the download appear any faster. Patience is a virtue. ;)

Posts deleted.

For anyone who is wondering about larger buildings, watch this:

Ok guys, I wish you a speedy download and lots of fun exploring, but no more "I'm downloading it now" type posts past this point.

Edited by Maio

Ok guys, I wish you a speedy download and lots of fun exploring, but no more "I'm downloading it now" type posts past this point.

Quoting for the new page.

Altis looks pretty insane. Driving around for 10 minutes and i am already just mesmerized. If chernogorks and takistan had a baby, it would be altis.

<Nerdgasm>

It's not big... its really huge! I think I didn't realized how huge is it.

By the way, we'll need soon the refuel vehicles cuz just to fly half island coast is almost a Littlebird deposit.

For anyone who is wondering about larger buildings, watch this:

Thanks, looks good. "Central government of Altis", which town is it? Will be there in 20 minutes...

3 words: work of art

It's unplayable for me at the moment, I'm getting between 0 and 4 FPS when I preview a mission.

Crashes because of report spam of

a3\structures_f\mil\fortification\hbarrier_big_f.p 3d: house, config class missing

For clarification this is because of my 2 gig of memory so most people wont feel it as bad as my poor pc does :) .

Look forward to Hotfix when dust settles.

BEAUTIFUL! Although no more 12k obj view distance :P.

Seems to be running better than expected :)

getting 45-55 FPS flying over the largest city on the map with everything max cept object and terrain at high and view distance at 3000/1738....

8350@4.6-7870 XT(tahiti LE) 8 Gigs 1600mhz

Hello guys is there anyway to place the Research domes or military container like things in the editor

I was a little worried about performance after watching some vid a few days ago but i must say it runs perfectly, just as smooth as Stratis... amazing :cool:

Now give me tanks and planes :D

I'm blown away, the detail is unbelievable. I've been driving around with an ATV for quite some time now, I see something interesting and look like this, when I drive there and take a closer look around, I look like this, then all over again and again. I love it! :yay:

edit: Oh, forgot to add, performance is very nice, maybe a tad lower than on Stratis, of course this is only an empty map in the editor but none the less! HW i'm using is 2500K@4.7GHz and a slightly overclocked GTX570, very pleased.