Hi, can you lock doors in buildings in the Arma 3 Alpha? And if so, how? Thanks!

I think that not ...

I did not know about this. :confused:

actually it is possible now in arma 3. this is what i found out looking through the configs.

you can lock a house's door using the following method.

all you need is to setvariable the house like this:

house1 setVariable ['bis_disabled_Door_1',1,true]

the red highlighted 1 is the value that locks the door. 0 will open it again. infact i think everything that is not 1 will work.

to test it simply put a gamelogic right on or near the house and put this in its init line:

((nearestobjects [this, ["house_f"], 5]) select 0) setVariable ['bis_disabled_Door_1',1,true]

to access different doors you need to use different numbers at the end of the variable name marked again red here:

bis_disabled_Door_1
  • Like 2

this only works for player, AI have no problem opening locked doors.

Edited by F2k Sel

That's fantastic - thanks Benson! Knew there would be a way!

actually it is possible now in arma 3. this is what i found out looking through the configs.

you can lock a house's door using the following method.

all you need is to setvariable the house like this:

the red highlighted 1 is the value that locks the door. 0 will open it again. infact i think everything that is not 1 will work.

to test it simply put a gamelogic right on or near the house and put this in its init line:

to access different doors you need to use different numbers at the end of the variable name marked again red here:

Ive heard you can vault glitch through doors that are locked this way but havent tested yet. Will do tn. Also gonna try adding houses in the editor and using enablesimulation false;

Is there any indication that the door is locked? I could imagine players (including me) getting confused with their action menus if it just removes the open action.

Ive heard you can vault glitch through doors that are locked this way but havent tested yet. Will do tn. Also gonna try adding houses in the editor and using enablesimulation false;

As far as I am aware that glitch is now fixed. Correct me if I am wrong!

As far as I am aware that glitch is now fixed. Correct me if I am wrong!

You are correct I couldn't get through

Is there any indication that the door is locked? I could imagine players (including me) getting confused with their action menus if it just removes the open action.

you can simply answer your own question by trying it out. what i described (every step) takes like 20 secs to make. but since i'm posting already. the action will still be there and when you use it the door will slightly move as if you are trying to open it. pretty cool.

i haven't played more with it and there might be some bugs but i'm glad they put it in the config since everything else can easily be handled via scripting. in arma 2 you needed to have a loop constantly checking the door's animation state. what we have now is much better, even if only as a foundation.

I know this thread is a little outdated but I was wondering if there is any way to make this work with an object and make it so it can only be locked and unlocked by a set player or playeruid? Thanks in advance guys.

I made little snippet for locking doors and open it with keypad. Here is result. I have in mind some features, but this is basic for now.

• Like 4

looks pretty good, do not forget to disable damage when closed.

2 hours ago, M1ke_SK said:

I made little snippet for locking doors and open it with keypad. Here is result. I have in mind some features, but this is basic for now.

This would be very cool for mission making!

2 hours ago, M1ke_SK said:

Very cool Mike.  Where did the keypad object come from?

2 hours ago, davidoss said:

looks pretty good, do not forget to disable damage when closed.

@davidoss:  Why is disable damage important?

Because if you lock something in against player, the whole house can get destroyed, and stuff stolen.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Very cool Mike.  Where did the keypad object come from?

For keypad I am using rugged tablet ( Land_Tablet_02_F ). You can use "other devices" as Land_MobilePhone_smart_F, Land_Tablet_02_F, Land_Tablet_01_F.

For actual keypad I used custom made RscTitles.

All resources are from vanilla as always, so no external sounds, mods, etc ...

• Like 2

I need to do two things involving locked doors and was wondering if anyone could help me out. First I need a way to lock certain doors so that AI can't open them but any player can; Basically making a prison/interrogation room to hold captured enemies when we return to base. Just today we threw a friendly AI in a small room and he walked out and ran over to our arsenal, not sure if he was capable of using it because someone shot him. Secondly I want to make it so that people's private rooms in our barracks can only be opened by their owners or a high ranking officer; I'm not sure if there's any way to filter it by Steam ID. Of course these scripts may be a little more complicated than I'd like them to be due to the lock apparently being a global toggle versus the door being locked once and then only applying to certain entities.

Anyone think they can help me out? Thanks in advance.

Hey Mike,

any chance of you releasing the script "as is" ? 

I'm highly interested in using just that for my RAVAGE scenarios and what you showed in the YT vid looked pretty complete to me.  Please tell me if you can imagine to release it as "early proof of concept" or not.  

Regards,

tourist 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2017 at 5:48 PM, M1ke_SK said:

Is the code going to be released 

On 27/11/2018 at 12:43 AM, bumyplum said:

Is the code going to be released 

There is also this:

@bumyplum

No spam or advertising:

Advertising of any commercial or personal project, product or service on these forums is not permitted. Chain letters and pyramid schemes are similarly prohibited. This includes the Personal Message service and clan recruitment outside of the Clan Recruitment forum. Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. Please do not post duplicate threads in more than one forum and do not "Bump" threads. Posting "any news", "is it out yet" or asking for a release date type posts are also spam.

https://forums.bohemia.net/guidelines/

Please keep it mind. Of course, this thread is full of “digging up” so I can't only blame you...