KbTell have been broken for civilian units now over month (first in dev-build now in official build). Made ticket for it with repro-mission:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19878

Only lips move but no sound come out. The identical code used for soldier units/player work normally.

List of missing sound effects (rolling list):

Infantry

• Rifle lowering, lifting and going into boresight view.
  • Switching to pistol
  • Turning on and off rifle flashlight/IR pointer
  • Turning on GPS
  • Sounds of turning on and off NVGs - for god's sake, Zeus even has it!
  • Sound of falling bodies

Armour and Vehicles

• Sounds for tank turret hydraulics (which were there since and OFP and disappeared in Arma 3)
  • Sounds for switching on and off view modes in weapon sights
  • Sounds for switching between optics modes and zoom levels in gunner and commander sights
  • Sound for knocked down trees
  • Sound for squashed bushes
  • Sound for breaking walls

you forgot the car brake sound. it was in the game before (alpha) but for some reason, it isnt there anymore.

you know the brake sound when you stop the car (too much).

you forgot the car brake sound. it was in the game before (alpha) but for some reason, it isnt there anymore.

you know the brake sound when you stop the car (too much).

Oh right. Adding that along with turning headlights on and off.

Thanks kju' date=' i'll add the link.

List of missing sound effects (rolling list):

Infantry

• Switching to pistol
  • Turning on GPS

Armour and Vehicles

• Sounds for tank turret hydraulics (which were there since and OFP and disappeared in Arma 3)
  • Sounds for switching between optics modes and zoom levels in gunner and commander sights
  • Braking sound
  • Turning headlights on and off

Multiple missing sounds in the engine: http://www.file-upload.net/download-9454170/MissingSounds_1_26.txt.html

Edited by Variable

Guys, please be considerate of users who are using color themes other than the default. Coloring that text grey makes it look like this in my browser:

ZautSwg.png

I don't see the purpose of making that text a different color than default. I'm not sure if rule §12 applies but I and others who can barely read that would appreciate it.

Guys' date=' please be considerate of users who are using color themes other than the default. Coloring that text grey makes it look like this in my browser:

[url']http://i.imgur.com/ZautSwg.png[/url]

I don't see the purpose of making that text a different color than default. I'm not sure if rule §12 applies but I and others who can barely read that would appreciate it.

Wasn't on purpose, check now please.

Added Splash sound when wheels impact a waterline (it was in OFP).

List of missing sound effects (rolling list)
:

Infantry

• Switching to pistol

• Turning on GPS

Armour and Vehicles

• Braking sound

• Splash sound when wheels impact a waterline (it was in OFP)

Multiple missing sounds in the engine:
-tanks

You can add "sounds when driving over people" and "sounds when crashing vehicles into something". ;)

Right now the only way to notice if you wrecked your car on a rock is to keep an eye on the vehicle damages...

You can add "sounds when driving over people" and "sounds when crashing vehicles into something". ;)

Right now the only way to notice if you wrecked your car on a rock is to keep an eye on the vehicle damages...

Added one item - impacting humans. Impacting dead bodies is not only a sound issue; bodies, don't seem to be physical in the game (wheels don't go over the body but through it, you can't step on a body).

:

Infantry

• Turning on GPS

Armour and Vehicles

• Sound for impacting humans

• Sound for impacting walls

• Sound for impacting rocks

• Braking sound

-tanks

Edited by Variable
removed switching to pistol, there's a sound for that

From the dev branch changelog:

• Fixed: Incorrect positions of some items around weapons like laser pointers, underslung grenade launchers, and shaking crosshairs

Scratch one of the list! :) Good job BIS, keep it up!

:

Infantry

• Rifleand pistol lowering, lifting

• Going into boresight view.

• Turning on GPS

Armour and Vehicles

• Braking sound

-tanks

Should these things have sounds?

Should these things have sounds?

Yes. Switching between visual modes should at least make a low click sound, to at least simulate the feedback you receive in real life when clicking buttons. Any button, even if its sound is low.

Yes. Switching between visual modes should at least make a low click sound, to at least simulate the feedback you receive in real life when clicking buttons. Any button, even if its sound is low.

Fair enough. I guess I just felt like I already have the feedback that I get when clicking buttons since that is the thing that I am actually doing in real life and the systems are responding to it.

Ambient occlusion ??

I guess we need a list for missing sound effects, too. Added. Bigpickle, are there any other effects that are missing?

List of missing sounds (rolling list):

Infantry

• Turning on GPS

Armour and Vehicles

• Braking sound

Multiple missing sounds in the engine: http://www.file-upload.net/download-..._1_26.txt.html -tanks kju

List of missing effects

• Sound occulsion

Edited by Variable
corrected to Sound occulsion

Sound for going into boresight view doesn't make much sense. There is no actual movement from the character, only the camera moves. If they make an actual animation then yes it makes sense to have it.

And I believe the correct term should be "Sound occlusion", not ambient occlusion, but I have no idea.

Also, I suggest adding this to the list: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19940 (Being hit and blowing up inside a vehicle makes almost no noise)

Companies spend tons of money making noiseless pressure switches for flashlights and lasers, gamers ask for them to make noise. Go figure :)

I suppose you could say ambient occlusion for sound but the term itself is jargon for light rendering technique. Sound occlusion would be a better term.

Companies spend tons of money making noiseless pressure switches for flashlights and lasers, gamers ask for them to make noise. Go figure :)

It's all about tactile feedback. Just because I'm smashing buttons in the dark doesn't mean that the button I'm smashing is the one I want. But if I hear anything audible signifying it, I know without a doubt whether I pushed the right one or not.

It's all about tactile feedback. Just because I'm smashing buttons in the dark doesn't mean that the button I'm smashing is the one I want. But if I hear anything audible signifying it, I know without a doubt whether I pushed the right one or not.

I understand, but I still find it funny :) The old Surefire G2 on my desk has a switch typical of a modern combat light; you press it for momentary and you twist it for constant on. When using the momentary with gloves on the only indication anything worked is that the light comes on because you barely feel the switch. Personally I can't imagine an audible sound that would be appropriate given I know they shouldn't sound like anything.

Isn't it possible that some sounds could be client side only like flaslight switch etc small things so enemy won't hear those but you still get feedback what you did?

Sound for going into boresight view doesn't make much sense. There is no actual movement from the character, only the camera moves. If they make an actual animation then yes it makes sense to have it.

The fact that we are missing an animation for the character when going into boresight view doesn't mean there shouldn't be a sound for it. quite the contrary: If there isn't animation for it, AT LEAST provide a sound.

And I believe the correct term should be "Sound occlusion", not ambient occlusion, but I have no idea.

Oh damn, I got confused with the graphic setting... Thanks, corrected.

Also, I suggest adding this to the list: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19940 (Being hit and blowing up inside a vehicle makes almost no noise)

Right! This has been bugging me forever... Added.

List of missing sounds (rolling list):

Infantry

• Turning on GPS

Armour and Vehicles

• Braking sound
  • No impact sound when sitting in a vehicle that is hit. There should be different sounds for different calibers and those should change according to the type of armor the vehicle has, or lack of.

Multiple missing sounds in the engine: http://www.file-upload.net/download-..._1_26.txt.html -tanks kju

List of missing effects

• Sound occulsion

The fact that we are missing an animation for the character when going into boresight view doesn't mean there shouldn't be a sound for it. quite the contrary: If there isn't animation for it, AT LEAST provide a sound.

Yeah, but don't you think it would be a bit weird hearing the "going into boresight view" sound from other players when there is no actual movement from them? A workaround would be just hearing it from your character, and only in first person.