58 minutes ago, inlesco said:

Keep in mind that implementing a whole new animation sequence in Arma means a lot of different moving parts must be touched and, as BIS mentioned, they've always wanted the AI to at least know how to utilize a new feature provided to the players - thus, a new and more reliable grenade throwing system with incremental direction and power adjustments. This may require a complex AI behavior model if you want them to use grenades properly... 

Another explanation for this to be ignored may be... it's just not that big of a problem maybe... for most players... and completely refactoring this system that's already been working for years is not that much of an investment compared to new gameplay features, enhancements and additional content.

If you think of game development as any other business, you'll understand this point of view immediately as it makes complete sense.

On the video in this ticket everything looks interesting. But I think this issue could be partially solved without changing the animation.
Add an icon to the center of the grenade throw view, with the loading forces division in a circle, similar to this

Get.PNG

17-07-2017 
EXE rev. 142354 (game) 
EXE rev. 142354 (launcher) 
Size: ~3.0 GB (depends on Apex ownership) 

DATA  

• Tweaked: The Bobcat's plow is now animated 
  • Tweaked: The debug console and the BIS_fnc_codePerformance function were improved 
  • Fixed: The BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler function did not accept object argument or function name 
  • Fixed: The BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler function was missing some native parameters, such as _pos in onMapSingleClick  

ENGINE 

• Added: A new drawTriangle scripting command

Any details on the bobcat plow while I wait for Mrs Tank to get off the PC so I can switch to dev build?

20 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

Any details on the bobcat plow while I wait for Mrs Tank to get off the PC so I can switch to dev build?

For now, it's just cosmetic with reduced speed for bobcat. Also you can only trigger the plow animation via scripting

29 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

Now we need a sound for the hydraulics and the engine has to rev up while lowering/raising. And of course, some actual functionality ;)

Is there actually a way to lower it only partially?

• Like 3

Well, with a bit of scripting it has at least some sort of functionality.

37 minutes ago, R3vo said:

Is there actually a way to lower it only partially?

Dont give it the full phase

1 minute ago, killzone_kid said:

Dont give it the full phase

Just figured that out. Thanks ;)

3 minutes ago, R3vo said:

Well, with a bit of scripting it has at least some sort of functionality.

\the bobcat has always been able to do mineclearance. If you drive it slow enough, it takes no damage at all while setting the mines off.

Someone else noticed that the window name of the client now shows "Model Viewer" instead of Arma 3? :dontgetit: (and no, I am not in the config/animation/whatever viewer in)

On 7/18/2017 at 8:49 PM, das attorney said:

Or to recompile only the function you have highlighted in the list?

Please check tommorow's DEV and see if it is working fine 

• Like 1

On 7/19/2017 at 0:48 PM, x3kj said:

it can be used to clear mines in soft ground. Not the best or safest way but works https://youtu.be/MiWCpIJ5dBw?t=13m

that thing could clear mines in pretty tough ground. the force behind that shovel IRL would be tremendous, it would have no trouble scraping 6" of hard soil/gravel through a thin minefield

On 23.6.2017 at 5:16 PM, lexx said:

- I am the commander of a vehicle.

- I have a UAV terminal connected to a UAV.

- I order my driver to go somewhere.

- Now I take control over the UAV.

- My driver stops the vehicle and won't do anything until I give the order to move again.

- As soon as I hop back into the UAV, the vehicle stops again, etc.

Am I the only one with this problem?

This still happens, by the way. I'm the commander of a vehicle, give a move order to the driver, then switch to the UAV -- my vehicle will stop.

12 minutes ago, lexx said:

This still happens, by the way. I'm the commander of a vehicle, give a move order to the driver, then switch to the UAV -- my vehicle will stop.

I'm getting the same issue at the moment 

On 07/06/2017 at 1:02 PM, Karloff said:

Hello,
noted and sent to our Art devs. :)

Thanks for your feedback! 

Hi,

have the Art devs looked into this yet?....https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124606

I appreciate most users either don't notice it or just try and ignore it, but for those of us that can't see past this, it requires a mod to make it acceptable.  

It's worth making the point that these are the same clutter assets on offer to the equally talented community terrain developers, so every map that's made is affected.

Even if this is an engine based issue that can't be fixed, it be nice to be given an insight from a Developer as to why these clutter models render in as they do.

• Like 6

I appreciate most users either don't notice it or just try and ignore it, but for those of us that can't see past this, it requires a mod to make it acceptable.  

The issue is rather that we gave up all hope. Thanks to your mods, it's at least "fixed" on the vanilla maps.

On 23.7.2017 at 11:58 PM, killzone_kid said:

Please check tommorow's DEV and see if it is working fine 

Might I suggest a small tweak?

Would it be possible to automatically update the text field which shows the contents of the function after recompiling? Right now one has to reselect the listbox entry to update the control.

Looks interesting.. and weird. Any experts around, trying be able to see the bigger picture? Like.. in what situation would you use such jets? (doesn't the game already have enough jets now.. anyway?)

/Edit: Now I feel dumb. Just realized it's a retextured variant of the AAF jet. But still.. why would / could it get CSAT camo now?

Uhm... real time color changer? The texture seems to be the same, just the colors are different 

38 minutes ago, lexx said:

/Edit: Now I feel dumb. Just realized it's a retextured variant of the AAF jet. But still.. why would / could it get CSAT camo now?

These textures are removed content.

Grey one can be found in this post, and brown one can be found in this post.

• Like 1

Hey, maybe we'll get the old textures then. CSAT Hunter, etc. Could be pretty cool.

45 minutes ago, lexx said:

Hey, maybe we'll get the old textures then. CSAT Hunter, etc. Could be pretty cool.

Would be awesome. I'd love to have the NATO camo for the Strider.

You mean that grey-ish texture? That's already in the game. Same for the Gorgon, but that one is not accessible via the attribute menu / garage.