I can't seem to give multiple waypoints to my UAVs: CTRL+Click does not work. Am I the only one?

Yay!

EDIT: I figured it out: it only works if you assign CTRL to Commanding Mode in the keybindigs: it doesn't work with any other key assigned to that function, nor with that function unassigned. I think this should be addressed: I shouldn't be forced to bind a specific key to a function that has nothing

to do with UAV waypoints for these to work.

Also, manual fire with the UAVs is impossible, since keeping the camera on the target for long enough is close to impossible both because it is not stabilized and because the UAV always moves at maximum speed, meaning it will pass over the target before it can have a chance hitting it.

If you are controlling the turret, UGVs will stop at each waypoint and never move to the next one unless you stop controlling the turret.

Edited by Gliptal

Ghosthawk appears to have lost instruments, black screens now. :|

Odd, its ok now.

Edited by Thr0tt

I'm running Altis fine, but using 4.5gb of RAM to do so. I'm guessing that's where the problem lies (I have 8gb so no biggie for me).

I'm running Altis fine, but using 4.5gb of RAM to do so. I'm guessing that's where the problem lies (I have 8gb so no biggie for me).

4.5? Strange, my ArmA never exceeds 2.1 gb :/

I was having bad frame rates, turns out V-Sync locks FPS to 30. Turning off vsync = 60-62fps on Ultra settings with Altis. Where do I fix the V-Sync rate?

My Arma3.cfg is set to 'refresh=60;', yet it's locking to 30fps like a jebby little munge.

Also just remembered I had CrossFire switched off (Splinter Cell: Blacklist does not like CrossFire at all), and still managed 60fps on Altis for the most part (obviously lots of buildings drops it to around 45fps untill I reduce FXAA - was running 4x FXAA + SweetFX sharpening and colour enhancement). Weird how that works for me but not for other people.

i5 2500k @ 4.2GHz

16GB RAM

2x AMD HD7870 2GB in CrossFire

Edited by Artyom

I was having bad frame rates, turns out V-Sync locks FPS to 30. Turning off vsync = 60-62fps on Ultra settings with Altis. Where do I fix the V-Sync rate?

My Arma3.cfg is set to 'refresh=60;', yet it's locking to 30fps like a jebby little munge.

Also just remembered I had CrossFire switched off (Splinter Cell: Blacklist does not like CrossFire at all), and still managed 60fps on Altis for the most part (obviously lots of buildings drops it to around 45fps untill I reduce FXAA - was running 4x FXAA + SweetFX sharpening and colour enhancement). Weird how that works for me but not for other people.

i5 2500k @ 4.2GHz

16GB RAM

2x AMD HD7870 2GB in CrossFire

v shync requires you to always be over a limit, otherwise it drops you down to a lower limit.

i have found crossfire counters poping when you look around quickly, and that about it, it maybe due to having more Vram

v shync requires you to always be over a limit, otherwise it drops you down to a lower limit.

i have found crossfire counters poping when you look around quickly, and that about it, it maybe due to having more Vram

Definitely getting the same stutter you describe with the second card switched off, which does not happen with Xfire enabled regardless of whether v-sync is enabled.

Obviously there isn't too much being rendered here, but 60fps is still capable. I'll just limit the framerate externally and see how it works with Xfire enabled again.

http://i.imgur.com/Heetl0x.jpg (425 kB)

Also, did the Ghosthawk default FOV get pulled back a little? Seems wider.

Le woops. To be fair, the image is blocked for me currently, so I didn't see it. Sorry. ;)

No prob. I just noticed in the changelog that the issue is known anyway. Can you see my shots now? Hopefully it just some setting in your browser...(I hope they are not blocked for everyone - I've got like 500 shots in there in various galleries - but AdBlock is essential to get rid of those damn ads).

Yesterday I took Tonci's "Altis Challenge" and placed a unit randomly on Altis and found my way to big city using Hunter (no turret) on Veteran just for fun. I had to get out of car to use my compass, and was wondering why no compass heading indicator was included in basically any vehicle. :confused: Today, after new dev update, AH HA problem solved.

Added compass to vehicles with turret

Kick ass. Mouse steering on tracked vehicles is perfect now, I had noticed that it was VERY sluggish before, and heavily interfered with WASD key steering, a la Arma 2. FIXED! :)

Fixed: Tracked vehicle mouse turning is no longer blocking key turning

V-Sync, to all concerned, limits the FPS to your monitor's refresh rate to prevent tears in your screen which ruin the immersion. That's why it varies from person to person (and monitor to monitor) but always limits your FPS. If you're not bothered about the odd tear now and then, turning it off is a great boost.

Hello,

I would like to report these bugs on the newest Dev branch update. As of 8/27/2013 I have downloaded the new Patch since yesterday, the game was fine yesterday with no issues. Here are some texture/p3d errors I have for you;

So far I have only noticed this error with the Offroad and the Quadbikes; I cant even preview my mission without crashing with a quadbike. It gives me a .p3d error, my PUUSH wasn't working so I do not have an exact idea as to what the whole line was. I can boot my game again and take a snapshot of it if you wish.

Offroad error: Seems as though the game is not loading the correct textures for the Offroad. As seen in the video, even the interior doesn't load.

Also, the Quadbike object placement looks like a bunch of Binary code?? And the textures missing on the Offroad look like some sort of Transformers (movie) language or something. :confused:

Gun attatchment error; As seen in the video, the ironsights disappear, and reappear disappear when they are aimed at the ground.

Video;

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsPwKU34hGM&

If anyone else has these issues, please advise me in the section below!

Thank You!

-Shadow

I love the ammunition cook-off in vehicles now, when was it added because its awesome!

I love the ammunition cook-off in vehicles now, when was it added because its awesome!

Really that's in?! They must have finally hired NouberNou

Edited by froggyluv

With this new triple buffering, should we disable the triple buffering in the NVIDIA control panel?

no point force something the engine can do on it's own

Did anyone try pistol to rifle transition while crouching? Whenever you do that, some weird animation is played.

You stand up, holster your pistol, crouch again and take T-800 arrival stance. Then, your rifle penetrates your body and slides into your hands.

This doesn't happen if the transition is performed in adjusted stances, while moving(though you stop to do this) or through the action menu.

Still getting an issue with the ammo box scroll selection, after clicking to add the item it returns to the top selection :( Makes loading out a real drag :(

we added TripleBuffering as experimental

we use special RT instead of usual back buffer

so the performance and visual differences shall be neglible

(we don't use plain double buffering, it's similar to DB with page flip but more closer to TB)

any build after 109519 you may try

tripleBuffering=1; //default is 0 , in arma3.cfg

and tell me

if it runs faster or cure sync issues (big screens, special resolutions, multi monitors etc)

For all those wanting to run V-Sync for less screen tearing, especially on LCD monitor's, Enable this and then enable V-Sync in your in game options. Your FPS will now no longer be gated to 60-30-15 FPS etc.... I just tested it and it worked flawless for me.

Are you talking about a brand new cook off simulation, or just gradual secondaries on wrecks?

Are you talking about a brand new cook off simulation, or just gradual secondaries on wrecks?

I blew up a Kamysh and there were multiple small explosions after the big one, though the cook-off could use some more work.

I blew up a Kamysh and there were multiple small explosions after the big one, though the cook-off could use some more work.

Are you sure that's cook off? I think there were some small fires around big fires from vehicles before.

Giving multiple waypoints to UAVs and UGVs only works if you assign CTRL to Commanding Mode in the keybindigs: it doesn't work with any other key assigned to that function, nor with that function unassigned. I think this should be addressed: I shouldn't be forced to bind a specific key to a function that has nothing

to do with UAV waypoints for these to work.

Also, manual fire with the UAVs is impossible, since keeping the camera on the target for long enough is close to impossible both because it is not stabilized and because the UAV always moves at maximum speed, meaning it will pass over the target before it can have a chance hitting it.

If you are controlling the turret, UGVs will stop at each waypoint and never move to the next one unless you stop controlling the turret.

Sorry for quoting myself, but is anyone esle experiencing this?

Just to know if the problem is on my end.

Yay!

For all those wanting to run V-Sync for less screen tearing, especially on LCD monitor's, Enable this and then enable V-Sync in your in game options. Your FPS will now no longer be gated to 60-30-15 FPS etc.... I just tested it and it worked flawless for me.

ironically it wasn't before too ... (it could be only in some obscure resolutions, drivers and similar mixes) ...

like i explained before, A3 don't use normal double buffering by default either ...

alt-tabbing out and back in the game seems the easiest workaround for the vsync issue. (I mean, without editing any files. I will have to try this and see what it does with vsync without having to alt-tab) You can either start with it off and turn it on once you are already in game... Or, if you have it on from the start, fire up the game. alt-tab out and back in, and it resolves the issue.

Some time in the last few months, that seems to have worked. Used to be that vsync didn't work properly at all IIRC.

fwiw, 2560x1600, here.

Sorry for quoting myself, but is anyone esle experiencing this?

Just to know if the problem is on my end.

CTRL + clicking seems to be working fine for me, but I have noticed that the Stomper refuses to advance to the next waypoint until I release the turret controls.

Also... I can't pick the Darter up after disassembling it, the backpack just lays on the ground and has no interactions available, neither in the scroll menu or the inventory.

The stubborn little thing seems to land wherever it pleases as well, I'd prefer it to touch down in the exact location of the land waypoint regardless of whatever obstacles might be in the way, lol.

UAVs/UGVs do seem to be a bit quirky at the moment.

CTRL + clicking seems to be working fine for me, but I have noticed that the Stomper refuses to advance to the next waypoint until I release the turret controls.

Also... I can't pick the Darter up after disassembling it, the backpack just lays on the ground and has no interactions available, neither in the scroll menu or the inventory.

The stubborn little thing seems to land wherever it pleases as well, I'd prefer it to touch down in the exact location of the land waypoint regardless of whatever obstacles might be in the way, lol.

UAVs/UGVs do seem to be a bit quirky at the moment.

About the disassemble, run back about 10m then run in from a different direction, I've noticed it is rather finicky in how wide of an angle you can pick it up from.