shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Sorry If I have missed it but is it possible to have existing AI in a mission join my group using this mod?

I see that I can move to and take control of other squads but I would like to be able to for example attach a random AI

I find out in the woods to my squad without any mucking about in the editor (where I am worse than useless) 

Thanks for any help

Yes you can. Open MCC, select your squad and the AI that you want to be in your group, click join.

Is there any way to set MCC zones in the editor? I just down want to keep repeating the same things when I run my little mission with is based on the MCC mission generator (awesome stuff, would love to see it even more expanded).

• Like 1

Yes you can. Open MCC, select your squad and the AI that you want to be in your group, click join.

Not quite right or at least it never worked that way for me in the past. First select the AI group in MCC map and then below in the list under group. To the right of that click Join, then click players, then click yourself in the list.

• Like 1

Is there any way to set MCC zones in the editor? I just down want to keep repeating the same things when I run my little mission with is based on the MCC mission generator (awesome stuff, would love to see it even more expanded).

You can save anything you create with MCC and then load it another time. Or you can create zones, save to SQF and include that SQF code in your mission.

• Like 1

Not quite right or at least it never worked that way for me in the past. First select the AI group in MCC map and then below in the list under group. To the right of that click Join, then click players, then click yourself in the list.

Yep, my bad!

Shay, any update on a release for MCC?  Looking at getting a new MCC mission put together on the Diyala map and I'd rather be using the new MCC release.

Shay, any update on a release for MCC?  Looking at getting a new MCC mission put together on the Diyala map and I'd rather be using the new MCC release.

When it's ready......  :rolleyes:

1 or 2 pages back he put up a changelog stating it's finalized.  He was just looking at final feedback from that.  So, it appears to be ready, and I have a download of what appears to be the newest version of it. 
I was just wondering if he has any ETA for it going live.

On Topic:
I am trying to make MCC available for anyone on my server to use. (one logged person at a time).
Before Eden, I could just place the Access module down, and then anyone could access it to log in.

Right now, with the MCC access module down and synced to all playable slots,  I can only access MCC by logging in to the server as Admin.

Any ideas?

Ola guys. Shay is very occupied since somebody calls him did dad for the time in his life ;)  I am sure he will be doing some stuff as soon as he can and wants. For me it is even worse, I dont even dare to predict anything anymore ;)

Hang Tough!

we will be back ;)

Thanks for the update, Spirit6.  So, Shay's a dad now?  Congrats to him!

Oh..Nice!!!

Congratulation shay_gman!!!

We'll wait for your release...take your time!

Congrats Daddy !  It is a wonderful time - so enjoy every minute of it !

@Shay - hi daddy ......   :218:  :619:  :627:  :clap:  :dance1:  :dancehead:   say hallo to mom (and spirit  :P )

Thanks guys  :wub:

1 or 2 pages back he put up a changelog stating it's finalized.  He was just looking at final feedback from that.  So, it appears to be ready, and I have a download of what appears to be the newest version of it. 
I was just wondering if he has any ETA for it going live.

On Topic:
I am trying to make MCC available for anyone on my server to use. (one logged person at a time).
Before Eden, I could just place the Access module down, and then anyone could access it to log in.

Right now, with the MCC access module down and synced to all playable slots,  I can only access MCC by logging in to the server as Admin.

Any ideas?

If you want to give access to everyone just don't put the access module. The access module is to restrict access to specific players.

Hey Shay, we've just discovered a bug with MCC. Whenever you load a mission from your profile, all units skills will be set to 0.5, even though the MCC AI skills were set differently via the init.sqf. If you do spawn an AI regularly, their AI skills are set correctly.

Thanks, Shay!  I figured it out finally.. derr on my part.   Congrats again, and really looking forward to the new version.

Is it just me, or did there used to be an option to start a campaign from the MCC console? It would let you pick a number of missions for the players to run through and then just make the missions one after another until they ran through them all.
Is that option still in somewhere and I just cant find it?

It's true i'm very busy with the new addition to our family i'll do my best to release the new version by this weekend. 

Hey Shay, we've just discovered a bug with MCC. Whenever you load a mission from your profile, all units skills will be set to 0.5, even though the MCC AI skills were set differently via the init.sqf. If you do spawn an AI regularly, their AI skills are set correctly.

I'v looked over the script it defiantly save the AI skill on saving and load it upon loading. I remeber reading somewhere that the skill command will always return 0.5 on non-local units. Which might effect either your finding or if you are building the mission on a dedicated server MCC won't be able to get the correct AI skill therefor it won't be able paste it into the loaded units, you might want to check it by creating a local mission. This will need further testing. 

Thanks, Shay!  I figured it out finally.. derr on my part.   Congrats again, and really looking forward to the new version.

Is it just me, or did there used to be an option to start a campaign from the MCC console? It would let you pick a number of missions for the players to run through and then just make the missions one after another until they ran through them all.
Is that option still in somewhere and I just cant find it?

Yes there is from the Zeus MCC modules. 

Hi,

Sorry to ask a dumb question:

How can I enable the MCC medical system? I read I need to put a module, but where is it?

When I open the MCC dialog during a mission there is nothing like a MCC medical module availible.

The idea is to implement the MCC medical system on all SP missions I play.

Can anybody help?

Hi,

Sorry to ask a dumb question:

How can I enable the MCC medical system? I read I need to put a module, but where is it?

When I open the MCC dialog during a mission there is nothing like a MCC medical module availible.

The idea is to implement the MCC medical system on all SP missions I play.

Can anybody help?

I don't use the medical system so I might be wrong. Anyway, modules are placed in the editor, not the MCC interface!

From steam:

THE MISSION VERSIO IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED

The mission version is no longers supported after BI removed the option to update missions. So either go to the link here:

Can someone shed some light on this ? Is this a temporary thing ?

Asking because the mod is r19 and the missions are r16 .. and I kinda need r18 -.o

Congratulations shay! Youre probably building a real sandbox right now. :)

-Has the Undercover module been fixed? (IND units still wont be hostile to you even if you break cover. It works on OPFOR though.)

-Putting a player undercover more than once will give him an additional addaction for holster. so subsequently making someone undercover will fill up his action menu, there should probably be a check if a player is already undercover maybe to avoid this.

-Also would it be possible to make a player undercover through script, like I could give an ai unit or vehicle a "go undercover" addaction so that players can approach the unit/vehicle and do it themselves. I want players to be able to use it without needing me to be there clicking it on them one by one (so i can also put it in dynamic missions like liberation/DCG/mcccampaign and they can have immersive missions without the mission maker/zues needing to be there)

The undercover module works Great when it does work :) . It creates such tense missions.

From steam:

Can someone shed some light on this ? Is this a temporary thing ?

Asking because the mod is r19 and the missions are r16 .. and I kinda need r18 -.o

Steam disabled the option to update missions. Only mods can be updated therefor I stopped updating the mission on steam but I do update the missions here. You can download the latest update in the first post of this thread.

Congratulations shay! Youre probably building a real sandbox right now. :)

-Has the Undercover module been fixed? (IND units still wont be hostile to you even if you break cover. It works on OPFOR though.)

-Putting a player undercover more than once will give him an additional addaction for holster. so subsequently making someone undercover will fill up his action menu, there should probably be a check if a player is already undercover maybe to avoid this.

-Also would it be possible to make a player undercover through script, like I could give an ai unit or vehicle a "go undercover" addaction so that players can approach the unit/vehicle and do it themselves. I want players to be able to use it without needing me to be there clicking it on them one by one (so i can also put it in dynamic missions like liberation/DCG/mcccampaign and they can have immersive missions without the mission maker/zues needing to be there)

The undercover module works Great when it does work :) . It creates such tense missions.

I believe I've fixed the UC module. 

I will add a check for the UC before adding a new option.

you can start the undercover from a script where the player is local by using this:

[player, true] spawn MCC_fnc_undercoverInit;

1st variable - the unit - must be local.

2nd variable - BOOLEAN - true: remove all weapons from the unit. 

Alright, because i just tested the last publicly released version (not the one in github) just now, and even the OPFOR unit didnt fire back at me this time :o .

:dance1: cant wait to try the fixed version.

@shay_gman

I'm sure I'm late for the incoming release...but is it possible to have a setting (in the mission settings or mission generator parameters) to hide the red circle when I create a mission with the mission generator?

We use massivly in our main event but the red circle ruins a bit the suspence...

If it's already possible to do it..I'm sorry but I haven't find it

Thanks in advance

Thanks for your responses. We can sum it up that MCC is good to go (waiting on GAIA update for the release). Regarding the red circle I can try and push something for the incomming release.

@shay_gman

In the changelog I haven't see anything about this.

Is it confirmed that you haven' done yet?

Thanks in advance

Request... Change the transparent black poly's overlaying the map into really really transparent black polys... or just omit them all together.