ohally

Canadian Armed Forces Modification ARMA III

Hello i like the chinook and the grif do they work with setobjecttexture if so can you provide a template?

also can you make it so the chinook can kinda but not really land on the surface of water to deploy boats? and other small vehicles

also your my hero for adding the warning tone when the engine is damaged

I'll make sure i pass on your thanks to morency, he did the bulk of the chinook and griffon work. as for PSD templates, perhaps down the line, landing the chinook on water is in progress.

Nice patch Ohally, the Chinook is a quite addition to A3 (loved the interior and the controls, it is heavy thou reliable as it should be)! I´ve noticed that only pilots can fly the chopper - which is a nice realistic feature - but I almost posted that I couldn´t get in as a player, then I realized that you need to be INSIDE the CH-147 to actually sit - another nice move!

But I´d like to report 2 things: Tha AR-10 accepts all atachments but can´t attach the ELCAN... then again, the C7 and C8 can attach the ELCAN and vanilla optics, but can´t attach FHQ, RH or Iansky scopes... something on the ELCAN config is preventing it to "get along" the other community optics and excluding it from the AR-10 inventory =/

Have you guys dropped the 3D ELCAN or do I need to call it with an init in the Editor? (Couldn´t find it in the VAS nor MCC spawn box) Or it is postponned to a next patch?

cheers!

edit: OMG! There´s a giant outside the CH-147!!!! fOEDGPuYHX?n=6382845Slayhd-wUAABdMUo5k_j

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

;2584838']Nice patch Ohally' date=' the Chinook is a quite addition to A3 (loved the interior and the controls, it is heavy thou reliable as it should be)! I´ve noticed that only pilots can fly the chopper - which is a nice realistic feature - but I almost posted that I couldn´t get in as a player, then I realized that you need to be INSIDE the CH-147 to actually sit - another nice move!

But I´d like to report 2 things: Tha AR-10 accepts all atachments but can´t attach the ELCAN... then again, the C7 and C8 can attach the ELCAN and vanilla optics, but can´t attach FHQ, RH or Iansky scopes... something on the ELCAN config is preventing it to "get along" the other community optics and excluding it from the AR-10 inventory =/

Have you guys dropped the 3D ELCAN or do I need to call it with an init in the Editor? (Couldn´t find it in the VAS nor MCC spawn box) Or it is postponned to a next patch?

cheers!

edit: OMG! There´s a giant outside the CH-147!!!! [url']https://www.dropbox.com/sc/2mrjmowbvw1g4x1/fOEDGPuYHX?n=6382845[/url] https://www.dropbox.com/sc/6ht5zbe2vnt9xxh/Slayhd-wUA https://www.dropbox.com/sc/utq8isqexqfyme9/ABdMUo5k_j

Thanks,

There is nothing wrong with the elcan. The attachments are configured with a compatible input. in order to make a weapon compatible with an attachment that weapons compatibility must be configured for the weapon. There is a whole add on working on bridging this between multiple addons, we plan to support this. Keep an eye out.

As for the 3D elcan, you'll have to wait. It's coming.

---------- Post added at 17:43 ---------- Previous post was at 16:50 ----------

I've already had a number of requests for the CH-147 and CH-146 for use in various mods.

To make this easier on everyone here is the blanket statement:

Once the team is done with the model conversion to A3 and happy with our results 100% we will consider releasing them as a separate package for re-tex etc into other mods. If you would like to get them now the CH-147 is available through BIS however yo will have to do the config work etc to bring it to A3.

Thank you

The attachment system BIS have done is quite messy, glad you guys are figuring out a way to make it work... just pointed that out as the AR-10 seems to be using the Robalo/Alwarren system and the C7/C8 not yet, but it is in the works, I see... waiting anxiously for the 3D Elcan =)

Keep up the great work! (BTW, just created a mission with the Chinook, deploying the CAF to pacify a village Northeast of Takistan... it was a blast! Thanks a lot for your mod! again... =)

cheers!

Great addon!

Just some thought (bugs?).

While having a quick look on the heli's:

Below is just happening to me? (CH147) and why isn't there a "mines" sign in the modelname? CH-147 instead of CH147

caf001.jpg

I can open a door that doesn't exist on the model?

caf003.jpg

No screenshot of it (ambulace CH-146):

But i can open an auxilery door on the heli from the outside but i cannot close it from the outside. I can however close it from the inside.

Not sure about this one;

When i enter the heli on the left side (in the back) I leave on the right side, why is that?

When i press I for my inventory as a medic i hot this one:

caf002.jpg

The truck:

When entering the HLVW i have to stay at the cabin to enter the back but i don't get in the back..i'm sitting on the passenger seat next to the driver? Is sitting in the back possible?

While pressing inventory on the HLVW there's a message: mnvg_ca.paa.paa not found. I assume the there's .paa to much :-) (probably same problem as with the medic, above message).

But again, love it..keep on going!

Edited by Syncie

Ah, another great update.

But why is it that the Canadians change the name of the equipment they use?

For example CH47F - CH147F, F/A-18 - CA-118

Same problems as Syncie here, is latest beta needed?

No it's not, it's a bug, we are working on it.

Here's a preview of 1.5

New Door Gunner kits:

th_arma32013-12-2319-33-34-96_zps36d10cb4.jpg

CF-188A

3 Squadron paints and a RCAF standard:

425 Alouettes

th_arma32013-12-2319-31-54-69_zpscf783b77.jpg

409 Nighthawks

th_arma32013-12-2319-31-41-79_zpsd3b30982.jpg

439 Tigers (retired the CF-18 a while ago, but they had an awesome paint job)

th_arma32013-12-2319-32-03-97_zpsf20092f5.jpg

RCAF Standard (non-specific)

th_arma32013-12-2319-32-16-57_zpsc7e3150b.jpg

Still missing weapon proxies and textures, not fully integrated into phsyx engine but she flies quite nice. All sounds and animations working.

Also we have added headgear randomization to door gunners and Infantry

Again, chinook bugs are being tested and fixed as we speak. thanks for the bugs reports.

---------- Post added at 02:45 ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 ----------

Great job! :yay:

BTW What is the ETA of that LAV III mentioned earlier in the thread?? :)

v 1.5 likely, needs some sounds fixed and a bit of config work but just about ready to rock and roll.

Diggin that cockpit paintjob on the underside of the fuselage. So are they F-18C's or A's in-game?

diggin that cockpit paintjob on the underside of the fuselage. So are they f-18c's or a's in-game?

cf-188a = f/a 18c

Can not find the Chinook. That was the main reason for DL. Did I miss something?

This addon looks awesome!

Can not find the Chinook. That was the main reason for DL. Did I miss something?

This addon looks awesome!

It's inside woodland / air. Its called Ch147

cf-188a = f/a 18c

IIRC the CF-188A is actually a modified version of the F/A-18A, not the F/A-18C. Same thing goes for the CF-188B being a modified version of the F/A-18B.

IIRC the CF-188A is actually a modified version of the F/A-18A, not the F/A-18C. Same thing goes for the CF-188B being a modified version of the F/A-18B.

After the Incremental Modernization Project (IMP) they are close to C/D hornets then the original A/B

After the Incremental Modernization Project (IMP) they are close to C/D hornets then the original A/B

They're both almost the exact same anyways doesnt matter. Btw is it an in-house production or from elsewhere?

Hey guys! Awesome mod!

Are you aware of the fact that the sound effect for the M72 firing is so loud that it's literally injuring people's ears? Is that something you can get fixed?

Thanks!

Hey guys! Awesome mod!

Are you aware of the fact that the sound effect for the M72 firing is so loud that it's literally injuring people's ears? Is that something you can get fixed?

Thanks!

Did not realize we were causing "NO DUFFS" with it. will tinker the sound down, having similar problems with the CF-188 causing frame drop with JSRS and essentially making it difficult to speak.

awesome pack guys, I was wondering how did you guys manage to get the m72 to be disposable?

awesome pack guys, I was wondering how did you guys manage to get the m72 to be disposable?

got your message. Check PMs

Haven't read all the posts in the thread... been too busy playing around with this latest release! I love the CH147 but the engine (start up?) sound is so quiet I wonder if I'm not missing some sound files. Seems like it's not there at all, from the pilot's seat anyway. The sound of the blades is perfect though.

Also opening the M72A6 Ammunition box gives this error: "Picture equip\m\m_.paa not found"

Love the rest of it though so far! Thanks!

Some quick screenshoots before the end of the year:

I've reworked the C7s C8s and C9 with new textures, UV maps, RVMATS and fixed the position of the attachments. Also, here is the final version of the 3D Elcan :D

ygcc.jpg

kfl0.jpg

z4zf.jpg

n40a.jpg

bapp.jpg

stmv.jpg

onpo.jpg

92jz.jpg

Cheers,

Nixon